Start by marking “Eye Rhymes” as Want to Read:
Eye Rhymes

Eye Rhymes

Eye Rhymes is a collection of 47 humorous verses based on words that look as if they should rhyme but don't (bomb, comb, tomb), illustrated with colorful, cartoon-like drawings. At an external website, a sound track is available of two well-known actors, Alec Baldwin and Blythe Danner, reciting the verses.
Published June 20th 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Eye Rhymes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eye Rhymes

Renae
Jan 22, 2013 Renae rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, ebook, arc
I found the premise of this to be clever. The use of eye rhyme (words that SHOULD rhyme, based on spelling, but do not, thank you very much English language) is quite sophisticated.

A large number of the rhymes are cute and nonsensical, and you can truly appreciate the point they're illustrating.

That being said, however, A number of the longer poems in the book start to feel like overkill. Almost like a "Look what I can do!" bit of showing off. The longer poems feel like they were just trying to
Adela Cacovean
May 22, 2013 Adela Cacovean rated it did not like it
I was intrigued by this book especially since English is not my mother tongue. Eye Rhymes intended to create silly poems of words that should rhyme because they have the same ending letters... but don't.
What was initially cute and funny soon turned out boring, nonsensical and annoying. After the first fourth of the book, I had to drop it. I did pick it up again after a few months, only for the sake of finishing it. I'm not going to lie about it, I'm sorry I did. I was looking for the same amusem
Lorette
Lorette rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Rachelle DeMunck
Rachelle DeMunck marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2013
Jo Reaser
Jo Reaser marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2013
David Bro
David Bro marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Kim Monteroso
Kim Monteroso marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015