Start by marking “Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color” as Want to Read:
Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color

Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color

Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color by Anna Dalvi brings the meaningful colors and motifs of ancient Egypt to life in a series of 12 shawls with accompanying stories.

FROM THE BACK COVER:

Anna has done it again, now presenting us with a remarkable collection of shawls inspired by ancient Egypt. Anna’s first book of shawls was all about the math but this time she dives into histo
Published 2012 by Cooperative Press

To ask other readers questions about Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color

Robyn
Oct 25, 2013 Robyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, knitting
I've completed one project from the book, and plan to knit several more. I rarely purchase pattern books, as I usually will only actually knit a couple of the patterns, and it's not worth the expense. I generally prefer to simply buy the individual patterns I want. In this collection there is only one pattern I can say for sure I will not knit, and only a couple that I might not knit, the rest I would absolutely make if finances permit the necessary yarn purchases.

Dalvi has written clear patter
Natalie
Aug 02, 2014 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, first-reads
**I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads**
Although I am not yet at this level, I cannot wait to work my way up to being able to create these beautiful patterns. I was so impressed by the fact that Anna Dalvi created these patterns herself (although I guess SOMEONE has to….). I cannot imagine the dedication, precision, and talent it must take to create these.
Even better than the patterns was the fact that they came along with history and myths/stories from ancient Egypt. As
Chris
Feb 16, 2013 Chris rated it it was amazing
While I am not an expert knitter, this book is quite stunning. The images and details are very high quality. It includes 12 shawl patterns and the history behind each shawl.

Each shawl includes a chart on how to create the design so I suppose this book is not for a beginner. However, an intermediate knitter should be able to use this book fairly easily and enjoy the shawls that could be created from the charts.

If you love ancient Egypt then this book is a must have as you can use it to bring anci
Jessie
May 03, 2013 Jessie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
3.5 Stars *Changed to 5 Stars!

Winning this pattern book came at an opportune time, I bought a few skeins of lace weight yarn at Rhinebeck!

The patterns in this book are beautiful, very thoughtfully designed and researched. Each pattern has includes a brief story about the inspiration for the shawl.

The patterns seem to range from intermediate to experienced. I'm planning on trying Seth, Osiris and Fields of Malachite.

This book gets 3.5 starts instead of 4 because I find the charts difficult to
Megan
Feb 28, 2013 Megan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafting
As a longtime knitter who mostly avoids lace because it seems like such a fussy knit, I found myself inspired by Dalvi's Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color. The pieces are beautiful, the patterns seem clear, and the information on the culture and traditions of ancient Egypt would make any of these projects an interesting and rewarding knit. I'm particularly drawn to Nefer and Fields of Malachite. As soon as I get one of my other projects off the needles, I'm sure I'll be casting one of these on.

Th
Mary Songer
Apr 04, 2013 Mary Songer rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to win this book and absolutely love it. Beautiful and interesting patterns with easy to understand instructions and I enjoyed the tie in to egyptian mythology. The author even includes a reference to what different colors represented and web sites to get supplies if you can't find them near you. I will be making several projects from this book. Thanks Anna for a wonderful book.
Conny
Feb 28, 2013 Conny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I got this book as a First Read Winner and it is quiet stunning. I love the stories and patterns in the book and I can't wait until I will be able to master one. I think you would have to be an advanced knitter to master them but either way the stories make it worth your while even if you don't know how to knit. I will definitely give them a try.
Arf2D2
Feb 25, 2013 Arf2D2 rated it it was amazing
I won this book in the goodreads giveaway.
The shawls in this book are beautiful. One of the nice things about this book is the little stories that accompany each pattern. Each pattern is based on an Egyptian myth or tale and a short version is included.
Tori
Mar 02, 2013 Tori rated it it was amazing
I love how Anna created a collection of shawls inspired from the stories and history of ancient Egypt. She has done an amazing job connecting the stories with colors, patterns and textures. I am very happy I recieved this book free through Goodreads First Reads.
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2014
Beth
Beth rated it it was amazing
Annabelledaffodil
Annabelledaffodil rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2014
Susan Levitin
Susan Levitin rated it it was amazing
Erin
Erin rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
Cooperative Press
Cooperative Press rated it it was amazing
Jan 22, 2013
Aneesh Dalvi
Aneesh Dalvi rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2014
Jennifer Mauser
Jennifer Mauser rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2014
Anna Dalvi
Apr 23, 2014 Anna Dalvi rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Gloria J Mills
Gloria J Mills rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Heywu
Heywu rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2015
Beverly
Beverly rated it really liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Linnea
Linnea rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2014
Carlene Badeau
Carlene Badeau rated it it was amazing
Annbritt
Annbritt rated it it was amazing
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Aug 14, 2016
Karin
Karin rated it it was amazing
Tim
Tim rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2013
Keri Charbonneau
Keri Charbonneau rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Liesef
Liesef rated it it was amazing
Chase King
Chase King rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
Anna Dalvi has been publishing knitting patterns online since 2007. She is the author of Shaping Shawls (2011), Ancient Egypt in Lace and Color (2012), and Mystic Shawls (2014). Additionally, she has self-published 100+ patterns over the past several years. Her most popular designs are the Mystic lace shawls, originally published in a mystery knitalong format, which have attracted more than 7,000 ...more
More about Anna Dalvi...