Start by marking “Tin Cat” as Want to Read:
Tin Cat

Tin Cat

A year after the accident that put her in a wheelchair, Amber Gerald has more or less gotten used to living with her impairment. It doesn’t make a difference to running a comic book store anyway, and the customers have been the best support group she could have wished for.

When she rescues an abandoned cat, Amber has no idea that she’s interfering in the mad scheme of a tim
Published March 4th 2013 by Champagne Books

To ask other readers questions about Tin Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tin Cat

Charlee Allden
Mar 03, 2013 Charlee Allden rated it it was amazing
Android cats and comic book shops, oh yea! These are a few of my favorite things… and they’re just a few of the cool elements in Tin Cat.

This story actually surprised me. I guess when I saw the story’s geektastic backdrop I was expecting more camp, but this is actually a really touching romance. The themes in the story are familiar and fresh at the same time. The suspense and romance elements are nicely woven together and balanced in the story. Really, all the elements from the comic book shop t
Susan
Mar 12, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
Misa pens "Tin Cat", paranormal romance novella, in a unique and different plot. Her characters are strong and believable while the romance heats up the pages. I couldn't put the book down until I was finished...I loved it. Highly recommended for all paranormal romance readers with a touch of erotic thrown in.

This review is based on a complimentary copy from the author which was provided for an honest review.
Marlene
Mar 16, 2013 Marlene rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Book Lovers Inc.

The author had me at "android cat". Not "android's cat" although Star Trek TNG did that one very, very well, but "android cat". Being a cat, it's no more, or less, obedient than the purely flesh and blood kind. But that's not the end of the story.

Amber Gerald's adoption of "Cat" brings a whole new level of weird into her life. And considering that Amber owns a comic book store, weird is pretty much her stock-in-trade.

Her adoption of the stray cat brings a
The Book Tart
Mar 09, 2013 The Book Tart rated it really liked it
Review originally posted on The Book Tart http://thebooktart.com/books/queen-of...

Tin Cat by Misa Buckley is a fun paranormal romance novella. I blazed through it and enjoyed every minute. The heroine, Amber, is snarky and brave. I loved that she was an unabashed geek with her own comic book shop to boot!

The fact that she is in a wheel chair is a recent adjustment for her. She has learned to be independent and cope but she doesn’t think guys still see her… just the chair. Her boyfriend before th
Shiori
Apr 14, 2013 Shiori rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
3.5 stars. A pleasant story with an extremely likable heroine, Tin Cat is primarily let down by its novella length. Too much of the initial world-building felt like telling rather than showing (particularly with regard to the comic book store and Amber's place within the community she'd built). Amber's believability and strength, however, managed to shine through. Definitely worth picking up for those seeking a SFR novella with compelling leads and snappy dialogue.
Rinelle Grey
Mar 08, 2013 Rinelle Grey rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
I love Misa's books for her ability to cram a full strength romance into a novella package, and this book was no exception. The characters were well developed, their romance was steamy, and the ending was perfect.
Blue Sealark
Dec 06, 2016 Blue Sealark rated it it was ok
Wasn't a terrible book but wasn't riveting either. It's something I would read on the airplane and let my seat mate permanently borrow if they asked.
Bobbie Grob
Aug 06, 2013 Bobbie Grob rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Bobbie Grob for Readers' Favorites

When Amber Gerald is suddenly forced to spend her life in a wheelchair, she believes that no man would ever want her again, much less be able to love her. Believing she has very little to offer the world beyond the confines of her small comic book store and its patrons, her life has become an exercise in bitter seclusion. Enter a stray cat who is soon followed by an incredibly handsome man and a man with evil intentions, none of whom are what they ap
Cindy
Apr 03, 2013 Cindy rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, blog-tour, ebook
For starters, I chose this book to read because I just love stuff about time-traveling and sci-fi and also some romance. ;) Dystopian. You know. ;) So since this book kind of fits it all, I decided it was a good book to read! ;)

This book was cat a quite entertaining read about a girl who suffered many things throughout her life and now she was in a wheelchair. There was also a cat in the story which seemed like such a nice, little kitty, but it turns out the cat is also robotic. Can you make robots soft
AnnaM
Sep 26, 2013 AnnaM rated it it was amazing
Loved it! My first thought when I saw the title was K-9 in Doctor Who. So, I started out with a pleasant feeling about this story.

I wasn't disappointed at all. It's well-written, not a typo in sight and they usually jump out at me. It's fast, funny, FUN and different. Loved the characters, human and feline. Amber's diability was handled with taste and humanity.

The dialogue was excellent. Amber's life felt real. The romance was realistic and sweet. The villan was even well-rounded.

Altogether thi
WiLoveBooks
Feb 18, 2014 WiLoveBooks rated it really liked it
Looking for something different? A wheelchair-bound heroine who owns a comic book store, a time-traveling hero, and an android cat. Doesn't get much different than that. I really enjoyed this. He is sweet, though he comes across as a lunatic when he first shows up. She is feisty and tough, even though she is in a wheelchair. This is quick, fun and well worth the read. Don't judge the book by the cover. It makes much more sense after reading.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Tin Cat was one of the winner in this years SFR Galaxy Awards. I read the description and immediately purchased and read. It is a cute story that has an unusual main character. She is in a wheelchair and the man in the story does not let that bother him. A nice romance with a lot of danger thrown in.
Pippa Jay
Guaranteed to make you feel warm and fuzzy. See my full review here - http://www.critiquedebook.blogspot.co...
Corinne
Corinne rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2015
Cornelia
Cornelia rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2015
Mina Kim
Mina Kim rated it liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Janet
Janet rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2015
Echo
Echo rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2013
Roy Huff
Roy Huff rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2015
Rita Shapsis
Rita Shapsis rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2015
C.L. Bevill
C.L. Bevill rated it it was ok
Apr 07, 2013
PGS
PGS rated it it was amazing
Dec 11, 2015
Lys
Lys rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2015
J.M.
J.M. rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
Diane Breton
Diane Breton rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Laurel
Laurel marked it as to-read
Campylo Bacter
Campylo Bacter marked it as to-read
Gayle
Gayle marked it as to-read
Chantal Halpin
Chantal Halpin marked it as to-read
Alisha
Alisha marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2013
Lara
Lara marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2013
Emily Goodell
Emily Goodell marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2013
Vivian
Vivian marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2013
PointyEars42
PointyEars42 marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
vicki_girl
vicki_girl marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2016
Gwendolyn
Gwendolyn marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2013
Colette Nelson
Colette Nelson marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2013
Mekey
Mekey marked it as to-read
May 05, 2013
Alie
Alie marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Amanda Gumpper
Amanda Gumpper marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Emma
Emma added it
Sep 17, 2013
Sanja
Sanja marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2013
Dehnia Duplan
Dehnia Duplan marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Mariamworks
Mariamworks marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2013
Barbara Brien
Barbara Brien marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013
Xeyska
Xeyska marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2013
Malin
Malin marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2014
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2014
Jadetyger Sevea
Jadetyger Sevea marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Tuuli
Tuuli marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2014
Hermine
Hermine marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Misa Buckley is a sci fi geek who escapes the crazy of raising five children by creating imaginary characters who experience adventure, romance and really hot sex on their way to a happily-ever-after.
More about Misa Buckley...