40 Days for Life: Discover What God Has Done...Imagine What He Can Do

40 Days for Life: Discover What God Has Done...Imagine What He Can Do

4.69 of 5 stars 4.69  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  10 reviews
As America marks the 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision this year, abortion has become the leading cause of death in our nation and worldwide, ending the lives of more than 42 million children each year and harming millions of women and men. In the midst of this global crisis, there is new hope. Beginning with one hour of prayer in Texas in 2004, th...more
Hardcover, First, 272 pages
Published January 28th 2013 by Capella Books (first published January 17th 2013)

Christine
An amazing modern day account of God working through us here on Earth. The Bible heroes and saints can feel long ago and far away at times. This movement shows us how that same God works through the unlikely every day. It gives us voice and hope. And most importantly, voice and hope to our littlest ones in the womb, and hope and healing to their families. Read this book and you will be blessed and convicted to see what God can do through you for others!
Lisa
This book really showcases the humility and integrity that I've encountered in all of my interactions with 40 Days For Life. I think the 40 Days For Life model has changed the way pro-lifers act outside abortion clinics--putting the focus on God and what HE can do, where it belongs--not just during the 2 yearly campaigns but all the time. It was very cool and encouraging to read about the beginning of this movement.
Wannie Michelmann
A compilation of testimonies from Coalition for Life, with stories of ex-abortion workers, doctors, planned parenthood director, mothers who went through the ordeal of abortions and healthcare mistreatments. There are prayers for the unborn at every end of the testimonies. A good read.
Susan
The power of prayer and faith in the pursuit of pro-life. Abortion is the leading cause of death worldwide, ending the lives of 42 million children each year. In the midst of this global crisis, there is new hope in the 40 Days for Life movement.
Alicia
Although this book is meant to be a 40 day devotional, I couldn't just read one chapter a day. The stories were so inspiring and many brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful stories of ordinary people doing extraordinary things through prayer.
Betsy
Many inspiring stories happening on the sidewalks. Written to work as a devotional, but takes a lot of patience (which I didn't have) to read one day at a time.
Maricar Gallardo
This book is so inspiring and I can relate so much how God called people to serve him through pro-life movement and to save His creation.
Mikayla
INCREDIBLE!
Larry Cirignano
what an inspiration. 40 chapters of 40 ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
Mrs. Olnes 8 Rdg
Inspirational book for ADULTS ONLY! Students are NOT allowed to read this!
I loved this book. I can't wait to pass it on to many family and friends.
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Laura Schroeder
Laura Schroeder marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Laura Martin
Laura Martin marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
Chuck
Chuck marked it as to-read
May 30, 2014
Christina Hampton
Christina Hampton marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Nathan Grooms
Nathan Grooms marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2014
Cheryl Chaves kelly
Cheryl Chaves kelly marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Tina DePalma
Tina DePalma marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Feb 13, 2014
Teri
Teri marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Chelsea Moga
Chelsea Moga marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2014
 Gen
Gen marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2013
Unplanned: The Dramatic True Story of a Former Planned Parenthood Leader's Eye-Opening Journey across the Life Line