Start by marking “My Darrling” as Want to Read:
My Darrling

My Darrling

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Librarian note: alternate-cover edition of 9781482063530.

A novella.

To the world, nineteen-year-old Isaac Darrling was nothing more than pure, unsalvageable evil; a sadistic serial killer on a quest for notoriety, fame.
To me, he was the love of my life.
My obsession.
My Darrling, as I called him.
This is a story about unconditional love in its rawest—and possibly sickest—form
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 117 pages
Published January 22nd 2013 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about My Darrling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Darrling

Killing Matt Cooper by John  CassianMy Darrling by Krystal McLeanHis by Aubrey DarkKiller's Diary by Brian PinkertonKill You Twice by Chelsea Cain
Serial Killer Love Stories
2nd out of 20 books — 26 voters
The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenEasy by Tammara WebberThe Sea of Tranquility by Katja MillayAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsMy Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
TO DIE FOR 2012 - 2013 STAND-ALONES
94th out of 500 books — 3,776 voters

More lists with this book...

JaHy♕ Bitchy  Goddess ♥'s  everything CrAzY  ☿
**"4.5 "I'm not suppose to feel this way " STARS***

. . . Fuck it!

Psst.

...... ahem.......Hey.

.............Hey you!

Yup, those were my exact words once I finished reading the synopsis.

This is going to sound peculiar, but what else is new with me? You see, I have major slight obsession with serial killers. NOooooooooo, not in a pen-pal/ besties with a death row inmate sort of way. I find the mind of a serial killer fascinating.. Wait, before you decide to unfriend me, please allow me to expla
Arianna

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.” - Earnest Hemingway

“My Darrling” is a simple novella about unconventional and forbidden love.

Sophie is the typical teenager. She’s 17 years old, she has a caring family and lovely friends. She becomes obsessed with Isaac’s case, a 19 years old boy. Isaac is not your typical teenager. He is a serial killer, known by the name “The Fallen Angel Killer”. Sophie wants to be a criminal psychologist, she wants to understand how a killer’s mind works. S
Karéz
4.5 "I think i'm in love with a serial killer (Too)" Stars.!

"You see beauty where there is nothing but ugliness"

description

WOW!. I cannot believe that behind this short story. there was so much hurt.

This book is about. A normal girl who fell vehemently in love with a serial killer named Issac Darrling (Fallen Angel Killer).. Even if i wanted to! i can't go into the depth of this story. it's too short yet so full of meaning...

Now you might wonder how on earth a person( technically Sophie) can fell in love
Sanae
4Stars!
I just had the chance to read this one this morning, and I read it in one setting. It was a quick, great read. I didn't know what to expect, since I haven't read the synopsis.
For me, it was slow paced and I didn't get the feels until I reached 91%. By then, the tears started to go down out of nowhere! I really, really enjoyed reading this book, and I highly recommend it.
Jen
"All things truly wicked start from innocence."
~~ Earnest Hemingway~~

Wow! This book was short; but it packed a punch considering its length. I was captivated by the story from beginning to end. The writing is brilliant. Krystal McLean has some wicked talent. She makes the words come to life on the pages. The way she describes autumn, and even her description of Sophie running was written with so much clarity.I was extremely impressed.

As far as the story goes, it sure makes a person stop and thi
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
4.5 Stars
Wow..is all I can say...what a gem!!!...I highly recommend it!!!
 photo Track_10_2_zpspagt2ust.gif
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.” ~ Earnest Hemingway

G&J: We had absolutely no idea what to expect from this book and what we got was really quite thought provoking and we are still discussing this one. We couldn’t put down My Darrling for want nor money such was the debatable storyline and we read on wanting to find out how it was all going to end. There’s two sides to the coin here; one we loved the concept, the writing and the portrayal of a serial killer who became a love
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
I fancied something different so I gave this a go. Sophie is a Senior interested in Criminal Psychology but ends up falling in love with a 19 year old serial killer on the run.

You can't help who you fall in love with, and this story brings that sentiment home. It was a sweet short read, but I found it tough to relate. I really liked the writing style though.
Yona
Typical me - feeling bad for the serial killer and liking him, but in my defense he is one really likable character.

And I felt like crying for the way the book ended.
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.” ~ Earnest Hemingway

G&J:
We had absolutely no idea what to expect from this book and what we got was really quite thought provoking and we are still discussing this one. We couldn’t put down My Darrling for want nor money such was the debatable storyline and we read on wanting to find out how it was all going to end. There’s two sides to the coin here; one we loved the concept, the writing and the portrayal of a serial killer who became a love i
Lucy
4 to 4.5 stars

Wow what an emotional ending. It's amazing that the author packed so much in such a short story. I still think Sophie is crazy but hell I'm just as crazy too because by the end of the book I was totally buying her love story with Issac. (view spoiler)
☻Farda☻
4.5 heartbreaking stars!!
This book really deserve 5 stars but this book just too short for my taste .

This short novella tell about intriguing and bittersweet love story between 19years old girl and most famous serial killer with angelic face.

I knew i will love this book for the first time i laid my eyes on it. To be honest, I am not the big fan of short books, I usually gave em 2-3 stars but this one is an exception. I love the story, i love the characters but i hate the ending, i really hope t
Alexandra
Hey everyone! I received My Darrling in the mail yesterday. I won it in Krystal McLean's most recent giveaway! I just want to tell Krystal McLean thank you so much for giving me a copy of this book.

Now lets get on with how this book made me feel.

WARNING! THERE WILL MOST LIKELY BE SPOILERS SO DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK YET!!!!!

***

This was my first time reading a book that had to do with a sadistic serial killer. I usually read books that have some cheesy love story.
Krystal Hickam
First of all, I'd like to say that I was a First Reads winner and I just got my copy of My Darrling in the mail about two days ago. So I'd like to give a special thanks to Goodreads and Krystal Mclean for the lovely autographed book. Now onto the review.

I really wasn't sure what to think of My Darrling when I first got it. I had read the summary when I entered the contest, and when I got the book what first took me by surprise was the fact it is a short book (111 pages). Secondly, as I was read
Tangerine

I don't know how I want to rate this. I didn't realize it was only 70 pages. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had known beforehand. That's not enough, in my opinion, for a story to really develop. Everything happens so fast. Feelings are developed between the characters really quick. It feels rushed and I can't connect. Therefore, I'm going to leave the rating alone. I think if it were a full length novel with more development I would have loved it.
Lindsey
I just loved this. The only thing that would have made it better is more of it! I wish there has been more time/pages for me to spend with this unlikely pair. The writing was beautiful and the emotions of the story were breathtaking.

What I felt for him came from a place inside of me that I could not control; a place I never knew existed within me. What I felt for him was pure, and it existed without the constraints of condition.

I very much recommend this gem of a book. Enjoy!
Pixie
As someone who when I love I love unconditionally, obsessively, I get this. Once I love you, there is nothing a person can do to make me stop. Regardless of whether you return my affection, lie, murder, steal…nothing. People are flawed, unless you embrace someone’s imperfections you couldn’t possibly truly love them.
Hanife
Thank you Farda for your recommendation!
Sonunda fena ağlattı. Içimdeki romantik neden oğlan bu yola girmeden önce tanışmadılar demiyor değil.
Julie
Oh gosh,Oh Dear,Oh why did I freaking 4 star enjoy this book soooo much?!!!!!!!

I should have been appalled at what Isaac did and was,but nah I liked him.I totally got why Sophie loved him and wasn't scared to be around him.I actually felt bad for him at one point.Is this what happens to kids that aren't loved?!

Yes,sometimes I found myself thinking...........this would never happen,never would you just run into a serial killer and hit it off like this,fall in love and remain breathing.

The only pr
Stephanie
I always seem to have a soft spot for the underdogs, the characters you shouldn't love but just can't seem to help it. This was that book for me. I mean you read the blurb & see it's about a girl loving a serial killer & you think "wow I have to see how that plays out". And then the craziest thing happens, you fall in love with a serial killer right along with her!! I seriously applaud the author for taking a character who has done horrendous things but making me feel sorry for HIM! It's ...more
Sunny
I couldn't relate to or understand Sophie and the depth of her feelings for this boy in the beginning of this story.
"I was breathless"

I debated reading this book after coming across it on Facebook for weeks. Today I started this book and today I finished it. The raw emotion of love, hurt, sadness, and betrayal left me breathless. I felt pulled into this book from the very beginning and by the end of the book... I don't think I'll be able to pull myself out.
Anya
Some spoilers ahead

I knew this book wouldn't have a HEA (the guy was a serial killer for Pete's sake) and I knew I was in for a lot of pain but I just can't stop reading, it was such a riveting story.

It was a story of first love, forbidden love, twisted, tragic and very, very wrong but nonetheless a love story.

"When the leaves start to change colors in the autumn, please think of me. And know that, wherever I end up, I'll be thinking of you, my love."

By the epilogue I was crying. I'm glad this w
If you are looking for a book that will leave you not able to think of anything else, this is it. A great short story and ended the way it was supposed to, doesn't need more
Natalie
Julie Reveles
I just got done reading this story. I was looking forward to reading it because I have heard great things about it from fellow Bloggers. I have to admit that it wasn't what I was expecting. I wanted and needed more. It was good but not great. I don't know if it was because it wasn't very long, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping. I rated it a 4 because it was just a little better then a 3.5 for me.
This was recommended to me by Farda. I had to think about my rating for a bit. While reading this book I wanted to be wrong really really wrong. I feel like I need psychological help because I liked Isaac. It was a scary book but just because you waited to see what he would do and if it would work out. Hell I feel crazy that's what this book has done to me.
Jane
I love dark reads but this book was too short and felt too rushed for me to attach any emotions to either character. I thought the premise was interesting but it didn't have enough depth for me to rate it more than just ok.
Ninja X
I wish I could give this less than one star. I sometimes feel like I've read a different book than those who have given it 4 and 5 stars.
Robyn Ross
Wow! Short read but unlike anything I have read before!
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover 3 19 Mar 28, 2014 12:12PM
  • Blood, Smoke and Ashes
  • Thirteen for Dinner
  • Held (Held, #1)
  • For Luca (Chicago Syndicate, #2)
  • Prisoner (Criminals & Captives, #1)
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • Trust
  • Dmitry’s Royal Flush: Rise of the Queen (The Medlov Crime Family, #2)
  • Messed up
  • Hillary: Tail of the Dog (Hillary, #1)
  • An Eye For Chameleon
  • The Flesh Cartel #12: Paradise Island
  • The Prodigal
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Edie & the Low-Hung Hands
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Grace Street (Chapter 8, #1)
  • Blurred Lines
A girl who loves the cold seasons, wishes she were an elf, and might be slightly obsessed with Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. (Especially Legolas Greenleaf.)

Yes, that's a painting of me as an elf in my profile picture (done by my talented fiancé).
More about Krystal McLean...

“When you give your heart away, you usually get it back in pieces, fragments. And often, a great deal of time passes before you realize that every piece wasn’t returned to you—and probably never will be. You crave nothing more than to get those small—but vital—fragments back; to return to the unbroken, undamaged version of yourself. But what's been broken cannot be unbroken, and so all you can do is learn to live with the void of the missing pieces, to somehow find beauty in the wreckage.
And so I did.