A Texas Hero

A Texas Hero (Willow Creek, Texas #1)

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Falling for her protector

For single mother Abby Bauman, a failed marriage and a troublesome ex are proof of love gone wrong. But once she's caught up in danger and saved—twice—by take-charge detective Ethan James, she considers whether falling for a true-blue hero is worth the risk. Even now, after the rescue, he seems bent on continuing to protec...more
Published July 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Texas Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Texas Hero

Rhonda
4 STARS

Willow Creek, Texas miniseries

This book left me with a smile. I really like Ethan's father language shazam! The plot had some nice twists, I guessed who the third man was pretty soon. Not all the motives though. The characters I loved especially all the minor ones. I hope we get to see some of them back in the other books of the series. Their was a few love scenes I skimmed over and one really dirty scene where they were covered in mud.

Abby is divorced mother with Chloe a three year old....more
Katie Hamstead
Full disclosure: I received this book free from NetGalley for an honest review.

To start with, this did not begin how I expected, it was better! I picked this one because I'm a sap and love romances, (Thus my stalking of the Harlequin archives) but it's more than that. It opens with a big BANG and plenty of action.
The story follows Ethan and Abby, both single parents scared by the other parent of their child. Neither are looking for anything, so the tension fizzles between them from the very begi...more
Elena
Despite the really lame title, I really enjoyed this book. I have a love hate relationship with romance novels. I dislike them in general, they are so unrealistic and over dramatic. A friend lent me this one to read, and I actually ended up being surprised. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, and the story focused more on the plot than imaginary sex! So overall it was a decent, quick read.
Erin
This was such a riveting read I couldn't put it down. I read it cover to cover, finishing at 5am, just 1.5 hours before my alarm goes off to get up for work.
Tala
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It has a bit of everything, but it’s balanced well. We get the views of Abby, Ethan, both of their parents, and Ethan’s daughter. It goes back and forth between the characters thoughts, the events happening to them and it is done very good. The story flows and didn’t feel choppy. I liked the fact that along with the romance and angst that went along with that, there was also action, danger, and mystery. The interpersonal dynamics within each family was explained...more
Susan
Very good book. Abby and Ethan meet when she causes him to rear-end her car. When they meet at the bank where she works to exchange information they end up in the middle of a bank robbery. They are taken hostage, then escape only to end up in the middle of a wildfire. All the danger they are going through causes them to form a strong bond, but neither is in a good place to start a relationship. They part ways only to be brought together again and again by Ethan's investigation of the robbery. Th...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Abby who was rushing to work, crashed her car into Ethan. Abby signalled him to follow her back to her office to discuss. While they were discussing and the Bank’s branch manager was opening the door, the robbers approached them and took Abby as the hostage. Being a Homicide Detective, Ethan offered himself as replacement but he too was taken along by the robbers instead. They were taken to a rundown place middle of nowhere. The robbers were planning to drop off Ethan...more
Tina "coffee and books"
A Texas Hero is the first book in the Willow Creek, Texas series by Linda Warren. This was a great start to what I believe will be a great series! I can not wait for the next books in this series.

Abby Bauman is running late, once again, thanks to her ex-husband. It isn't enough that he cheated on her, but he continues to put their daughter on the back burner. He will do anything to impress his father and make partner of the family business - everyone else is an afterthought. While venting to her...more
Brianne
This book was a mixed reaction for me. I wanted to like it so much. I loved what the blurb and the excerpt I read had going for it. Then I read the first 75 or so pages and wanted to put it down - the writing was not working for me and the suspense story stretched my sense of the credible. But I kept reading, and it got better for a while. The challenges that make up the middle of the plot pulled at my heartstrings. We see many of the characters grow and change throughout the book. I loved the k...more
Nina
A Texas Hero,

This book surprised me; first it’s a super romance, which I really do notlike to read. But it was a gift for Christmas from my sister, so I starting reading it and just couldn't put it down. Starts off with a lady stopping in the middle of the road and gets rear ended by a cop, next a robbery and then a kidnapping, and get just keeps getting better and better. Lots of action, great characters, and awesome read.

2-15-14
Natalie
Interesting storyline. About a woman (Abby) trying to make it on her own with her 3 year old daughter after her divorce.She ends up being kidnapped as well as a detective (Ethan) who happen to be at the bank due to a fender bender they had with each other. Ethan not only saves her but also ends up protecting her from a person he figures out, is the one behind everything that has been going wrong. And also there is the usual attraction they end up having for each other. Very good book!!!
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
This is a very fast paced, kept you on your toes until you read the very last page kind of book! To say this book has it all and more is an understatement. We have a car accident that leads to a chance meeting between two strangers which leads to a bank robbery and then a kidnapping. From there we have two people who both need to get back to their children and are lost with no water in the Texas heat. Add to that a deadly fire, child custody, and an attempted murder, well how can this romance go...more
Brenda
It was so not her day. Her ex was late. So Abby Bauman asked her father to watch Chloe. Then she had a fender bender. Her morning had not even started when two men pulled up and robbed the bank. To make her day perfect, she along with Ethan James were taken hostage to an unknown location.

Traumatic circumstances bring unlikely people together. That's the case when bank teller meets hunky man of action who will put his life on the line. Now if they can free themselves without ending up dead, these...more
Cheryl
Reading this reminded me why Linda Warren is by far a very favorite author of mine. I laughed,cried,felt the hurt and was angry at certain characters in the story,but thoroughly enjoyed the entire book.

I am glad there are 2 more books in this series I will be able to read when I can relax and totally lose myself in them-don't like to postpone them but with activities of next few weeks it is a must.

If you have never read any books by Linda please find a copy,and I suggest starting with this book!...more
Wanda
This is the story about how Ethan and Abby met; it is filled with suspense and romance. Ethan and Abby are single parents trying their best to raise their daughter’s right. Ethan is a detective and Abby is working at the bank, after her marriage failed, she was trying to make a life for herself and her daughter. They meet by accident and it leads to an amazing, breathtaking and sometime frightening story.

I completely appreciated the story; the storyline was different and unique. The characters...more
Vera Wilson
Won 3 of the Willow Creek, Texas series from her newsletter contest. Just finished reading them all were great.

Wonder recommend to others that enjoy romance books.
Jenn Scranton
This was a lot more complex than I thought it would be! That's a good thing! It was a great book, great characters, a lot of suspense, and I never saw that ending coming!!! That almost never happens!
[image error]

My only complaint was that it was a bit long. It felt like it concluded a few times and I looked and there was so much book left to go. I started just wanting it to end.

ARC provided by NetGalley
Kate Vale
Ethan James, a bad-ass detective rearends banking teller Abby Bauman. Thus begins an odyssey during which the bank where Abby works is robbed and they are taken as hostages.

Finally escaping the bad guys, only to be threatened by a wildfire, they soon come to learn that Abby's life and that of her daughter, Chloe, are in worse danger. But from whom and why?

Ethan finally solves the mystery in time to begin the blending of their two families.
Harlequin Books
"Warren does a wonderful job writing vivid descriptions and tension so thick it's palpable throughout the entire story. Abby's fear rings true, as does Ethan's desire to save them both." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars

Miniseries: Willow Creek, Texas
Category: Romance with More

Nicole Laverdure
Charming love story!
I won this book A Texas Hero written by Linda Warren.
I enjoyed the story of Abby and Ethan, two young persons who get a second chance for love!
It's sweet and romantic, it's also a story of trust. This romance was well written and I recommend it!
Bette Hansen
Good story about two people learning to trust and love again. Strong characters and good storyline. I would recommend to everyone.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Willow Creek, Texas
Category: Romance with More

Rated 4 Stars by RT Book Reviews
Maureen
Enjoyable, light reading
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Christie
Christie marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Beverly A Osmonson
Beverly A Osmonson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Divine
Divine marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Kim Justice
Kim Justice marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Once A Cowboy (The Cowboys, #3) The Christmas Cradle (The Cowboys, #1) Skylar's Outlaw Adopted Son The Texan's Bride