Promise from a Cowboy (Coffee Creek, Montana #3)

Promise from a Cowboy (Coffee Creek, Montana #3)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A Cowboy With Something To Hide...

On the rodeo circuit, B.J. Lambert had plenty of chances to forget about his first love. Back in Coffee Creek, it's impossible. Savannah Moody is as irresistible to B.J. as when they were teens. He'd still do anything for her - except give up the secret he promised to keep.

Sheriff Savannah Moody knows B.J. is hiding something. Not his feel

Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin American Romance #1460, 224 pages
Published July 1st 2013 by Harlequin American Romance (first published January 1st 2013)

Denise Van plew
Read alot of Harlequin this was the first one from this author. I would recommend reading this one and also now would like to read more of her books. Liked it is in a series (like series always more to follow) liked the town. Strong character Sheriff Savannah is in a woman. Like that about the main character in a woman. Independent but yet strong family sense to her too. In enters childhood sweetheart B.J. Lambert rodeo man who does the circuit hardly at home on his families ranch. Circumstances...more
Yazmin
In Promise from a Cowboy by C. J. Carmichael, Savannah Moody has worked hard to become the Sheriff of Coffee Creek and to be respected and looked up to by everyone, not be looked down and judged like she was when she was younger. The only thing shedoesn’t like about her job is when she has to give bad news, and the story begins with her coming into the church before a wedding to tell the Lambert family that the groom, B.J.’s brother has been in a car accident and died instantly.

B.J. has never fo...more
Patricia Childers
Really enjoyed this book. Liked that one of the main characters was a strong woman and sheriff who works to solve a long ago mystery regardless how the outcome effects those close to her. Can't wait to read the rest of the books in the series.
Michelle Tremblett
Absolutely loved this book !! couldn't turn the pages fast enough. Great plot, the story flowed. B.J and Savannah are the love that everyone wants. The last page was so exciting I almost clapped out loud ! hoping there will be another :)
Melissa
You would expect grown men to have a little more sense. Especially if they're trying harder to be responsible. But in this 3rd book of the Coffee Creek Montana series, common sense is hard to find. And being that it's the 3rd book, I'd highly recommend reading the series in order if you want to understand the characters, although it isn't entirely necessary.

B.J. Lambert has decided that the rodeo just doesn't hold the draw for him it used to. In fact, the sheriff from his hometown has more appea...more
Rhonda
4 stars
Promise from a Cowboy is a clean read. This is the third book in Coffee Creek series of books. I have now read the whole series and have enjoyed it. Some series keep going and I never get all of them read and is lost in some of the storylines.
Olive is the matriarch of Lamberts and owner of biggest ranch in the county. She is not happy with any of her children's choices even though they are adults. She wants to control them. She has had a feud with her sister Maddie for over 30 years not t...more
Susan
Very good book. B. J. has been on the rodeo circuit for eighteen years, ever since shortly after his high school graduation, when he runs into Savannah Moody, his former girlfriend. She is now the sheriff back home and looking for answers to an old mystery. Seeing her again makes B. J. realize that he's getting tired of being on the road all the time and is ready to go home. Once there he discovers that his feelings for Savannah are just as strong as ever. Savannah feels the same but she has a l...more
Kimberly Walter
Thank you C.J. Carmichael for the book and giving me the chance to read it and review it, and what a great book it was.
Promise from a Cowboy is the third book in the Coffee Creek,Montana series.
B.j. Lambert has been on the rodeo circuit for the past 18 years right after graduation and the horrible incident in which an unlucky unknown man died in the old barn at the Silver Creek Ranch which his aunt Maddie owns. The incident was deemed an accidental death. But unfortunately after that night, B.J...more
Nova
I really liked this book. It is the story of B.J. Lambert and Savannah Moody and the third in the series. Savannah is the sheriff in town. B.J. left home to be on the rodeo circuit. He comes back home to Coffee Creek, and finds his attraction to her as strong as ever. She is trying to take care of her sister, her Mom,the land, and her job that she loves. He is trying to do what is right for his family's business, make Savannah his and keep a promise he made 18 years ago to her brother.
Debra Chapoton
Easy read. Beach read. I only took so long with this because I read 2 thousand-page books by Follett after I had read only 40 pages of this. It stayed in my beach bag until this week. It's a credit to the author that I could pick it back up and remember the characters and the situation. So really I guess it's a 4 star in quality.
Tia
I thought this novel was pretty good but for some reason I couldn't relate or feel the emotions flow as I do with other CJ Carmichael books. While it might of been that I read it while I was tired, I still enjoyed the story.
Harlequin Books
"A fascinating mystery as well as reunited sweethearts make this a riveting story." RT Book Reviews

Miniseries: Coffee Creek, Montana
Category: Home and Family
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Karen Machamer
Karen Machamer marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
Mokona
Mokona added it
Apr 23, 2014
Barb
Barb marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Nalla
Nalla marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Sandi
Sandi marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2013
Rita Award nominated author C.J. Carmichael has published more than 30 books with Harlequin. Right now she's loving cowboys and Montana--those are the themes of the books she's writing for Harlequin American.

CJ likes to write stories about romance and intrigue with a strong sense of community and family. If you enjoy her Harlequin books, you might want to check out her self-published titles. The G...more
More about C.J. Carmichael...
The Fourth Child Promise Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #3) Good Together (Carrigans of the Circle C) The Gift (Bandit Creek, #8) Colton: Rodeo Cowboy