Marooned with the Maverick

Marooned with the Maverick (Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Rust Creek Ramblings
Seducing the Schoolteacher?

We apologize, dear readers, for our brief hiatus in publication. The offices of the Rust Creek Rambler were damaged in the Great Flood, but we are now filing our reports from a bar stool at the Ace in the Hole. And do we have scandalous news for you!

We have it on good authority that during the storm, gorgeous rapscallion Colli...more
Published June 18th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

Susan
Very good book. It starts out with the river flooding out half the town. Willa is trapped in her car and Collin is the one who rescues her. Willa is glad to be safe but not real happy that it was Collin who did it. Four years ago she had made advances to him and been rejected. Hurt and humiliated she does her best to avoid him now. Being trapped together makes her realize that she was being silly and she and Collin decide to let the past be and become friends. Over the next few days she sees a s...more
Emma
DNF - rolled my eyes way too many times in the first 40 pages. Usually loves Christine Rimmer's stories. This one was just not for me.
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
This was a double win for me, being a fan of Christine Rimmer and Montana Mavericks. This was a quick paced book. The story centered around a flood that tore through the small town of Rust Creek Falls. For many in the east coast Hurricane Sandy is still fresh in their minds, in 2012 the Hurricane obliterated a substantial chunk of the Atlantic seaboard.

The heroine has been avoiding Colin for the past four years, he walks into a room and she walks out. After getting saved by Colin during the town...more
Rhonda
4 STARS

Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys continuity series.

Marooned with the Maverick was a good story. I liked the plot. The characters. Could have done withou love scenes. Like the town coming together to take care of each other in a crisis.

Willa for the last four years every time she saw Collin come into a room she would leave. She wanted no part of him. Willa is trying to get out to her folks ranch to check on her runaway dog and gets trapped in her car.

Collin is right behind her going t...more
Morgan
Jun 16, 2013 Morgan rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Originally posted here: http://nothingbetterthanabook.blogspo...

This was an intense book from the very beginning. It was a really good read. The characters were perfect for each other, but wouldn't do anything about it. It got to the point where I was starting to get frustrated with them. They did finally end up realizing it though. Even before that, they had developed a really good friendship that was really sweet.

This book seemed to go really fast. The whole book took place over the time when...more
Paula Legate
This was an Awesome story. Some parts had me holding my breath, the action, suspense, and Romance was a perfect blend.

Willa, and Collin knew each other as kids. They secretly had always had a crush on each other. Willa had always run away from Collin anytime she saw him. Collin had a reputation of being the town bad boy. Willa was now a school teacher. Willa got to see who Collin really was when he saved her during the flood. He also stood up, to help the town out. Willa liked what she saw. Col...more
Hsiau Wei
This book tell the story of Collin and Willa. Colin is the town bad boy while Willa is a kindergarten teacher. Willa find that Collin is very annoying when he kept following her around and they seems to have crush on each other though they were too young to know that. But when Collin rejected Willa’s advances on her 21st birthday, Willa have been avoiding him since. The story started with Willa caught in the middle of the flood and her car was swept away. Collin who happened to be nearby, saved...more
babyfishmouth
I really enjoyed the setting of this book. It opens with a devastating flood that wipes out part of a small mountain town in Montana. During the aftermath of the flood, Willa and Collin become friends then lovers. They knew each other growing up and both had crushes on each other yet neither acted on it because he’s a bad boy and she’s a good- girl. Apparently in Montana, bad boys can’t date good girls? It’s this lack of believable conflict that kept me from fully engaging in the romance. Also,...more
Wanda
Willa and Collin were throwing together after 4 years of Willa avoiding him. The chemistry is defiantly there between them, subtle at first but defiantly there. Collin has always been the bad boy of the small town and he is trying to do the right thing with Willa but she is making it difficult. Collin doesn’t care what the town thinks of him but he does worry about Willa’s reputation.

The storyline was easy to get into and had a great flow, nothing super steamy and hot but a nice romantic read.

AR...more
Anita Hayes
I loved Collin and Willa's story. For a change, Mr. Bad boy was trying so hard to do the right thing. Low on self esteem but high on adrenaline, he was in a tough bind thinking he wasn't good enough for the Kindergarten teacher though he wanted her so bad. Worried about the towns people and the flood, and Willa's reputation all at the same time, and wondering how he could ever measure up to what she deserved. Highly recommend this book. Great job Christine. Can not wait for the next one.
Dyan
I started this book, not knowing the theme and was quickly drawn into the story. While reading Marooned with the Maverick, the real Colorado flooding was occurring. It was interesting to read this book while a parallel story was happening in real life.

This is a truly well written book that had me cheering for the main characters! I can't wait to read the following books and hope to see these two again!
Jenn Scranton
Really cute afternoon book. It was pretty somber and simple. Basically, two people opening their eyes to each other after a tragedy. Perfect book to read on a rainy day considering it is about a lot of rain and damage.

Though this image was in my mind through most of it...
Harlequin Books
"Rimmer's romance is a pleasure to read, filled with belly laughs and a tragedy that gives the tale its realism, as well as a bucolic setting that radiates small-town wholesomeness." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Montana Mavericks: Rust Creek Cowboys
Category: Home and Family

Kobie
DNF. just not for me...
Kristina
I don't normally read these books, but wanted to try something different for a change. It wasn't awful!
Susan Dalley
A fun read. As always, with Christine Rimmer, good characters, a plot that moved, with some good twists.
Amy
Dec 13, 2013 Amy added it
Good book for people that like love storys....I do..
Alisha
Mascli
Mascli added it
Jul 21, 2014
Tamsen
Tamsen marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Jeanie
Jeanie added it
Jun 27, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Ana Fuenteas
Ana Fuenteas marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
21949
New York Times bestselling author Christine Rimmer has written more than ninety contemporary romances for Harlequin Books. She has won Romantic Times BOOKreview’s Reviewer’s Choice Award for best Silhouette Special Edition. She has been nominated six times for the Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA award and five times for Romantic Times Series Storyteller of the Year.

A California nati...more
More about Christine Rimmer...
The M.D. She Had To Marry (Bravo Family, #6) (Conveniently Yours, #6) The Nine-Month Marriage (Bravo Family, #1) (Conveniently Yours, #1) Expecting the Boss's Baby (Bravo Family, #29) His Executive Sweetheart (Bravo Family, #10) (The Sons Of Caitlin Bravo, #1) Donovan's Child (Bravo Family, #30)