Start by marking “Small-Town Mom” as Want to Read:
Small-Town Mom

Small-Town Mom

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  34 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Widow's Rules of Engagement

Jamie Glasser has two ironclad rules: raise her kids the best way she knows how and…no more military men! The widowed mother of three lost to the army her late husband—and her faith in God—but she can't avoid former air force lieutenant colonel Eli Payton. The handsome high school guidance counselor
Published June 18th 2013 by Love Inspired

To ask other readers questions about Small-Town Mom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small-Town Mom

Anne
Lovely Love Inspired Romance. I like how it had a focus on the military and what military families went through. Another great read!
Michelle
Paradox Lake
Book 3

I believe Jamie Glasser was in the first two books. I know she was heavily used int he second book. She was a military wife who loved her husband who was away and was very active in her church and caring for her children. But in this book, her husband is dead. He died a month before he was supposed to return to his family. Just like that, Jamie lost her faith. She began telling her children that God wasn't real and that believing in him was stupid and a waste of time. She refus
Janine
"Small-Town Mom" by Jean C. Gordon is a sweet story of a Gold star widow and a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force. I am, I must confess, a sucker for military stories. I may be the sucker for military stories because I am a Blue star mom myself.

Jamie is a Gold star widow of three kids who not only lost her husband but all faith in God. She is struggling on her own to do the best that she can but could be something missing to help her?

Eli is a retired Lt. Colonel in the Air Force who wants to help kids
June
Jamie lost her husband to the military just days before he was to return home. Now she's against anything military or anything religious. The age old question of how can there be a God if all these horrible things happen. Now her son is getting in trouble at school and his guidance counselor is a retired Air Force man. Doesn't look good for any of them! With some help from her young daughters, soon Eli is entrenched in their lives.
Sandy
I avoided this book for a long time because of the military subject matter. When I finally read it I liked it more than I expected to and found it pretty accurate, especially given that the author doesn't have a military background.
Angeli Baguinon
Small Town Mom inspires other mom out there, i think they should read this. Single or not. isn't t romantic, falling in love to someone who will accept you, appreciate you and love you as you are... anyway!
Cindy Lightner
This was a book that I won through the goodreads first reads giveaway program. This is not a book I would normally read, but was very good. It shows if you believe in God anything is possible.
Julianne Niespodziany
Ok, I cried...don't judge...lol. Riveting, easy to read and definitely not a book you want to read on a day you have errands to run...lol.
Harlequin Books
"Gordon's story demonstrates the destructive nature of gossip." RT Book Reviews
Doris Pearson
Oh, oh.. teens.. and guidance counselors - will it all work out in the end..?
Jolene
This story touched my heart. Can a war widow trust again?
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Pam Luteran-Isbell
Pam Luteran-Isbell marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2015
Laura Potter
Laura Potter marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2015
Renee Sprague
Renee Sprague marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Clara Sink
Clara Sink marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
Sharron
Sharron marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Kathie
Kathie added it
Jul 02, 2015
Karen Gregory
Karen Gregory marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2015
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Linda Hockman
Linda Hockman marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Susan Moxley
Susan Moxley marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Love Inspired Books: Goodreads Giveaway -- SMALL-TOWN MOM 8 15 Jul 01, 2013 06:03AM
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart
  • Healing the Forest Ranger
  • A Season of Love
  • Love in Bloom (The Heart of Main Street, #1)
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
  • His Unexpected Family
  • The Cowboy's Healing Ways (Cooper Creek, #4)
  • Her Unforgettable Cowboy (Cowboys of Sunrise Ranch, #1)
  • Her Holiday Hero (Caring Canines, #2)
  • Rocky Coast Romance (Holiday Harbor #1)
  • Reunited with the Sheriff
  • The Firefighter's Match (Gordon Falls, #3)
  • Child of Grace
  • A Snowglobe Christmas: Yuletide Homecoming\A Family's Christmas Wish
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • Rocky Point Promise
  • Second Chance in Dry Creek
  • Love Reunited
Small-Town Dad Small-Town Midwife Winning the Teacher's Heart Small-Town Sweethearts Candy Kisses