Start by marking “Small-Town Mom” as Want to Read:
Small-Town Mom

Small-Town Mom

4.32 of 5 stars 4.32  ·  rating details  ·  31 ratings  ·  12 reviews
The Widow's Rules of Engagement

Jamie Glasser has two ironclad rules: raise her kids the best way she knows how and…no more military men! The widowed mother of three lost to the army her late husband—and her faith in God—but she can't avoid former air force lieutenant colonel Eli Payton. The handsome high school guidance counselor
Published June 18th 2013 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Small-Town Mom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Small-Town Mom

Anne
Lovely Love Inspired Romance. I like how it had a focus on the military and what military families went through. Another great read!
Michelle
Paradox Lake
Book 3

I believe Jamie Glasser was in the first two books. I know she was heavily used int he second book. She was a military wife who loved her husband who was away and was very active in her church and caring for her children. But in this book, her husband is dead. He died a month before he was supposed to return to his family. Just like that, Jamie lost her faith. She began telling her children that God wasn't real and that believing in him was stupid and a waste of time. She refus
Janine
"Small-Town Mom" by Jean C. Gordon is a sweet story of a Gold star widow and a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force. I am, I must confess, a sucker for military stories. I may be the sucker for military stories because I am a Blue star mom myself.

Jamie is a Gold star widow of three kids who not only lost her husband but all faith in God. She is struggling on her own to do the best that she can but could be something missing to help her?

Eli is a retired Lt. Colonel in the Air Force who wants to help kids
Sandy
I avoided this book for a long time because of the military subject matter. When I finally read it I liked it more than I expected to and found it pretty accurate, especially given that the author doesn't have a military background.
June
Jamie lost her husband to the military just days before he was to return home. Now she's against anything military or anything religious. The age old question of how can there be a God if all these horrible things happen. Now her son is getting in trouble at school and his guidance counselor is a retired Air Force man. Doesn't look good for any of them! With some help from her young daughters, soon Eli is entrenched in their lives.
Angeli Baguinon
Small Town Mom inspires other mom out there, i think they should read this. Single or not. isn't t romantic, falling in love to someone who will accept you, appreciate you and love you as you are... anyway!
Cindy Lightner
This was a book that I won through the goodreads first reads giveaway program. This is not a book I would normally read, but was very good. It shows if you believe in God anything is possible.
Julianne Niespodziany
Ok, I cried...don't judge...lol. Riveting, easy to read and definitely not a book you want to read on a day you have errands to run...lol.
Harlequin Books
"Gordon's story demonstrates the destructive nature of gossip." RT Book Reviews
Doris Pearson
Oh, oh.. teens.. and guidance counselors - will it all work out in the end..?
Jolene
This story touched my heart. Can a war widow trust again?
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Kimi
Kimi marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Jeanne Ott
Jeanne Ott marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Charlotte
Charlotte marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2015
Marie Buccellato
Marie Buccellato marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Lorrie
Lorrie marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Marisa
Marisa marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Lydia
Lydia added it
Dec 09, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Michaela
Michaela marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Joann Atkinson
Joann Atkinson marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Marianne Maughan
Marianne Maughan marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Love Inspired Books: Goodreads Giveaway -- SMALL-TOWN MOM 8 14 Jul 01, 2013 06:03AM
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart
  • Healing the Forest Ranger
  • A Season of Love
  • His Unexpected Family
  • Reunited with the Sheriff
  • The Soldier's Newfound Family (Texas Twins, #5)
  • Healing Hearts
  • The Fireman's Homecoming (Gordon Falls, #2)
  • Rocky Coast Romance
  • Child of Grace
  • Second Chance in Dry Creek
  • Love Reunited
  • Johanna's Bridegroom (Hannah's Daughters, #6)
  • Christmas Gifts: Small Town Christmas\Her Christmas Cowboy (The Cowboy Series, #9)
  • Rocky Point Promise
  • Hidden Mercies
  • Stitched with Love Collection
Small-Town Dad Small-Town Midwife Small-Town Sweethearts Candy Kisses Mara's Move