Start by marking “A Cowboy to Come Home To (Cadence Creek Cowboys #4)” as Want to Read:
A Cowboy to Come Home To (Cadence Creek Cowboys #4)

A Cowboy to Come Home To (Cadence Creek Cowboys #4)

Friendship?

Melissa Stone has done a fine job of avoiding her former best friend Cooper Ford. She was devastated when she discovered her husband was cheating on her, and felt doubly betrayed that Cooper had known all along.…

Forgiveness…

But she can't ignore him forever—especially now that they're working together on a charity project! And as she and Cooper get closer again,
Published July 1st 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Cowboy to Come Home To, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Cowboy to Come Home To

Susan
Jun 12, 2013 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book. Melissa has worked hard to move past her divorce and the betrayal of her ex-husband. Harder than that has been accepting the loss of her best friend Cooper. They had been friends for a long time and when she found out that he knew about Scott's cheating she was devastated. She has managed to avoid him for three years, but now they're working together on a project and he's had enough.

I liked both Melissa and Cooper. Mel had been blindsided by her husband's actions and is now finding it
Rhonda
Aug 28, 2013 Rhonda rated it really liked it

A Cowboy to Come Home to by Donna Alward

4 STARS

This is a nice romance story to read. I liked the characters. it was fun and pleasant escape.
It is a clean romance.

Melissa Stone owns the flower shop. She has been divorced for three years after she got her husband in bed with another woman. She also found out her good friend Cooper knew and did not tell her. Melissa has not talked to Cooper since. She avoids him.

Melissa had a crush on Cooper years ago but he did not see her as a girl. Then her husb
Linda
Nov 01, 2013 Linda rated it really liked it
Melissa Stone had a serious crush on Cooper Ford since she was fifteen but he never looked at her as a girl, only his friend. No matter how much she'd dreamed about kissing her as she lay in bed he only thought of her as his buddy. So when Scott their other friend in the group of kids in the small town kissed her she instantly forgot about Coop. At twenty she married Scott and thought they could start a family until she saw her husband with another woman, but worse Cooper had known and she hated ...more
Donna Porter
Jul 22, 2013 Donna Porter rated it it was amazing
As with all of Donna's books, this one was also great. I really love her writing style and she knows how to tell a story. this is the story of Melissa and Cooper. After 10 years apart and the break up of Melissa's marriage they fight to try to regain a friendship to find out they had always loved each other. Its a great read
Jenn Scranton
Jun 10, 2013 Jenn Scranton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Love. Love. Love. Love this book.

Sweet. That about sums it up.

I really can't even describe it. Not enough to do it justice. Perfect read for a rainy day. Or when you give up on men or humanity. LOL.

The cover makes it look old and out dated, but trust me. It's a good read. It is short and sweet. So put a smile on your face!
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Jul 10, 2013 Jo (Mixed Book Bag) rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
A Cowboy to Come Home To has two very nice main characters. Melissa is strong but guarded and with reason. Cooper is strong but guarded and again with reason. There is tension between the two, secrets that must come out and of course a romance that finally wins out in the end. A quick satisfying read and another chance to go to Cadence Creek.
Michelle
Aug 23, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
This is Donna Alward at her best - strong emotional story that doesn't whack you with melodrama. I devoured this book - great story, emotional tension that carries you through and makes you turn pages. Her stories are homey and comfy and gentle - this one is no different.
Tina "coffee and books"
A Cowboy To Come Home To is the 3rd book in the Cadence Creek Cowboys series by Donna Alward. I have not read the first 2 books in this series and it didn't hurt the story at all. There wasn't any references that made it obvious that there were previous books. I will definitely read the future books, though.

Melissa Stone has moved on with her life and distanced herself from the best friend she ever had. She thought walking in on her husband and catching him with another woman was heartbreaking,
Terri
Sep 20, 2016 Terri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-books
Melissa has avoided her former best friend, Cooper, for years. Her husband had cheated on her and Cooper knew all along. Now years after the divorce, Melissa and Coop are thrown back together doing charity work. When Coop finds out that Melissa is trying to have baby alone, he steps up and offers to "help her out".
I really enjoyed this audiobook . The story was really good and the narration by Pilar Witherspoon was smooth and enjoyable to listen to.
Hsiau Wei
Sep 29, 2013 Hsiau Wei rated it really liked it
This book tell the story of Melissa, who managed to avoid Cooper for the past three years since her marriage failed. She blamed Cooper for not telling the truth of her ex husband’s philandering. Being ignored and attempts to avoid her at all cost for the past three years, Cooper wanted to put a stop to all these avoidance between them. He approached her and asked for her forgiveness but Melissa knows deep down that there is no way their friendship will be the same like before ever again. Melissa ...more
Gerd
Aug 03, 2016 Gerd rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
After "The last real cowboy" this is probably my least favourite novel by Donna. I begin to wonder if it has to do with the type of men that Cadence Creek turns out, because once again I found myself growing to dislike the story's male love interest.

There's the whole sleeping around in Cooper's past, avoiding any and all close relationships to women, apart from having sex with them, which made me wonder on what exactly Melissa bases the idea that he likes women?
Sounded more like he likes sex to
Babs
Jul 15, 2013 Babs rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, western
Cooper decides it is time to try a truce with his old time friend Melissa. He walks into her florist shop and about gives her a heart attack. She is rough as she blames Cooper for not coming clean until after the divorce from her ex husband and his ex best friend. She has done a good job in the past 3 years of avoiding Cooper in their small town.

Then all the sudden they start seeing each other every where. Mel just can't let go of the hurt especially from her ex- best friend. He knew what was go
Emma
Nov 30, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, romance
Melissa Stone and Cooper Ford used to be best friends. That is until she found out that her husband had been cheating on her and that Cooper had known about it and didn't mention it to her. She would love to stay away from him, but since they are working on a charity project together, she decides to at least be coordial with him again.

Cooper knows he messed up, but what Melissa doesn't understand is that he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. He is willing to do anything to recover that t
Emily
When Melissa Stone walked in on her husband with another woman, she was devastated. When she found out her best friend Cooper Ford knew about it she was hit with twice the betrayal and hurt. Three years later she has managed to keep out of Cooper's path, never realizing that the reason Cooper never said a word was because he was in love with her and did not want her hurt.

Cooper has had enough, he wants Melissa back in his life be it as a friend or the possibility of something more. When Cooper f
Freda Mans-Labianca
Oct 28, 2015 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it really liked it
So lovely!
This is part of a series that I haven't heard of before this book, but it didn't matter one bit when reading. It felt fresh and new, like the start of a series or a stand alone book.
It was like watching the perfect love story unfold. These two, Coop and Mel, are the perfect match, even if it takes them too long to figure it out. They finally come together and when they did I actually got a tear in my eye. It was that beautiful.
It was nice to have a Canadian setting too, which surprise
Magi Nams
Jul 02, 2013 Magi Nams rated it really liked it
A Cowboy to Come Home To - Determined to create a good life for herself and the child she so desperately desires, Melissa Stone has one glaring reminder of her failed marriage - handsome Cooper Ford, her former best friend who knew her husband was cheating on her and never told her. Cooper thinks it's time they reconnected, and Melissa discovers the freedom which forgiveness and trust can bring into her life, to say nothing of a sexy cowboy more than willing to be the father of her child.

Set in
Christine
May 13, 2015 Christine rated it liked it
I did not like the previous books in the series. In fact, I didn't read the last book at all. I got through a couple chapters and gave up. I originally wasn't going to read this, but since it was short and I already downloaded it, I decided to give it a shot. Surprisingly, I enjoyed it. It's far from the best book ever written, but I liked the characters and their dynamic. I still think this series is lacking compared to other books by the same author. So even though this story had a passing ...more
Janice Sisemore
Apr 04, 2014 Janice Sisemore rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Melissa and Cooper were best friends under her husband cheated on her and Cooper knew about it. After that she no longer wanted to be friends with him until several years he comes into her flower shop and both volunteer in helping restored a house. After that he keeps trying to get her to be friends again. He finds out she wants to have a baby and he wants to be the father. They then decide to start dating.
Myra Wardhana
Jun 13, 2013 Myra Wardhana rated it really liked it
I like it, but it's kind of long, a bit boring in the middle and too many sub-characters added in the story, so kind of lost track now and then when reading it and not straight to the point, like the usual Donna Alward books that I have read before. But I will still keep an eye for the author's previous and future books.
Rhonda Crochet
Jul 06, 2013 Rhonda Crochet rated it it was amazing
Mel and Cooper were some of my favorite characters and I really enjoyed this book! I love Donna Alward as an author who brought me the pleasure of enjoying the story of the cowboys I never would have considered before reading her books!
Karen
Jul 20, 2013 Karen rated it it was amazing
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

Melissa Stone grew up in Cadence Creek alongside her best friend Cooper Ford, and her boyfriend Scott. When she found her …Read More
SuperWendy
Jul 27, 2013 SuperWendy rated it really liked it
This story could have been a train wreck, but I liked that the author avoided a lot of the potential land mines that I thought for sure were lying in wait. Some good emotionally angsty bits too.

Lyn
Aug 01, 2013 Lyn rated it really liked it
Friendship and Second Chances!
A nice book - well written. An easy read – page turner! The characters are filled with determination and the story line is so realistic! Enjoy! NetGalley provided an advanced review copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Pam Sutton
Pam Sutton rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2016
E
E rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2015
Jamie Mclendon
Jamie Mclendon rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2015
Amy G. Kearns
Amy G. Kearns rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2015
elaine
elaine rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2016
Lynne
Lynne rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2013
Susan Whitehead
Susan Whitehead rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Rancher to the Rescue
  • A Father for Her Triplets & Her Pregnancy Surprise
  • Her Cowboy Distraction (Cowboy Cafe, #1)
  • Heir to a Desert Legacy
  • A Real Cowboy (Rich Rugged Ranchers #2)
  • A Prior Engagement (Special Forces, #4)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Courtship (Cooper Creek, #6)
  • Wild at Heart (Sons of Chance, #11)
  • Waking Up to You: Waking Up to You / Overexposed
  • What Happens Between Friends
  • To the Limit
  • Second Chance with Her Soldier
  • Blaze of Winter (Star Harbor #2)
  • The Cowboy's Christmas Baby (Cowboys & Brides, #2)
  • A Baby Between Friends (The Good, the Bad and the Texan, #2)
  • The Soldier's Sweetheart (The Larkville Legacy #7)
  • Just What He Wanted (Holloway, #4)
  • Slow Ride Home (The Grady Legacy, #1)
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more
More about Donna Alward...

Cadence Creek Cowboys (5 books)
  • The Rebel Rancher (Cadence Creek Cowboys #2)
  • Little Cowgirl on His Doorstep
  • A Cadence Creek Christmas (Cadence Creek Cowboys #5)
  • Her Rancher Rescuer