Start by marking “Carrie's Protector” as Want to Read:
Carrie's Protector

Carrie's Protector

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  36 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Saving her from terrorists was the easy part…

Still smarting from a failed mission, bodyguard Wyatt Hawk is to escort photographer Carrie Mitchell to a meeting where she'll testify about a terrorist plot. Instead, a near-deadly ambush sends the two on the run from a fiery blast of bullets.

Forced into close proximity with wealthy Carrie, Wyatt has little interest in her; the
Published June 18th 2013 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Carrie's Protector, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carrie's Protector

Susan
Good book with plenty of action to go along with the romance. Carrie had been taking wildlife photos when she overheard some men planning a bombing. After reporting what she heard to the feds, she was taken to a safe house until it was time to testify. The lead bodyguard is Wyatt Hawk, a man who holds himself apart from everyone else. While she notices his good looks, Carrie doesn't like him much.

The day that he takes her to testify against one of the men, they are ambushed and forced to go on t
Paula Legate
Jul 31, 2013 Paula Legate rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I know I’ve read this plot before, where body guard, and girl he is protecting fall in love, but author did a great job with this story. There was a lot of action, and suspense, with romance. The author gave hints throughout the story of who the villain was, but it was still surprising when the plot unraveled.

Here is a sample of one part of the book: The moment their lips met, the kiss turned so hot that it could have started a wildfire. The morning’s adventure had d
Liz Mulherin
Feb 06, 2014 Liz Mulherin rated it it was amazing
I loved that this book took place in my neck of the woods in DC and In Maryland, there were in Arnold and Columbia at recognizable places I have been too. I love that i can picture where they were at times, once they were even at the Columbia mall a place I frequent. This was a good choice for me I am glad I picked this book.
CI
Feb 25, 2014 CI rated it liked it
An intriguing read that focussed on the present action revolving around the lead characters without wasting pages on detailed character development. Enough suspense to keep you intrigued with resolution not occuring until the very end of the story.
Ash
Jun 05, 2015 Ash rated it really liked it
Debbie Heaton
Jul 16, 2013 Debbie Heaton rated it liked it
In York’s romantic suspense novel, bodyguard Wyatt Hawk has been hired to escort photographer Carrie Mitchell to a meeting where she can safely testify against terrorists she overheard making plans to plant a bomb. Without warning, a barrage of bullets sends both of them on the run for their lives. Wyatt and Carrie are as different as night is from day, but when they are forced into close quarters they soon discover a chemistry they never suspected existed.

A fast-paced, good read.

Harlequin Books
"York's touch with action, adventure and twisty plots is, as always, right on pitch." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars
Lynda
Aug 12, 2013 Lynda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Nice action in the book, however; it was not a page tuner. The mastermind behind the plot was not a surprise for me.
Harlequin Books
Rated 4 1/2 Stars by RT Book Reviews
Stephanie Morgan
Stephanie Morgan marked it as to-read
May 30, 2016
Daveda Sisk
Daveda Sisk marked it as to-read
May 05, 2016
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
Oswald Omoruyi
Oswald Omoruyi marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2016
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Beiza
Beiza added it
Jan 18, 2016
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2016
Vicky
Vicky rated it really liked it
Dec 16, 2015
Kim
Kim rated it liked it
Sep 24, 2015
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Felice Foster
Felice Foster rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
JUB
JUB marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2015
Maggie
Maggie added it
Jul 13, 2015
Emma
Emma added it
Jul 06, 2015
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack
More about Rebecca York...