Start by marking “The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook” as Want to Read:
The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook

The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  51 ratings  ·  4 reviews
While fancy and sophisticated foods continue to grow in popularity, ask most people what their favorite foods are and the answer will invariably be classic comfort foods: lasagna, meat loaf, mac and cheese, and cake. Unfortunately, most people think that having diabetes means the days of enjoying these hearty classics are long gone, and that their favorite foods are a thin ...more
Published November 1st 2011 by American Diabetes Association (first published October 11th 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about The American Diabetes Association Diabetes Comfort Food Cookbook

Jenni
I like this cookbook because not every recipe calls for some "special" ingredient. There are a few things that I, a simple cook, do not have but I can handle purchasing a few things to make a lot of recipes rather than a lot of things I do not have for one recipe.

I also like that this book has ideas for every meal stage - apps, salads & soups (and how to make some of them into a main dish), main, and desserts. I can't wait to try some!
Vickie
This is a must have family cookbook. No one in your family needs to have diabetes to make this book a useful addition to your cookbook library. Healthy, yummy, old family favorites. They should have called it the "Preventing Diabetes Family Comfort Food Cookbook." Nicely balanced recipes with familiar tastes. Love it!
Cindy
Found a couple recipes. I'd really like to find a cookbook for a younger crowd. Tastes are different.
Scooper Speaks
Nice selection of recipes, but not enough pictures.
Marcie
Marcie marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Latoya Singletary
Latoya Singletary marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Kay
Kay marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Diann Bishop
Diann Bishop marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Tami Kuhn
Tami Kuhn marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2014
Janet
Janet is currently reading it
Oct 01, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes�or Less! The Smart Shopper Diabetes Cookbook Eat to Beat Diabetes The Paris Vacation Apartment Guide: Rent with Confidence - Learn Where to Stay Without Getting Overwhelmed, Ripped-off or Scammed! Italian Diabetic Meals in 30 Minutes or Less!