The Collected Stories of Greg Bear

The Collected Stories of Greg Bear

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  114 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Greg Bear is one of the greatest science fiction writers of the late twentieth century. He has a powerful voice, combining the intense rationality of science with the intensely passionate characters that can only be created by a writer who loves humanity. Bear’s novel Moving Mars won the Nebula Award in 1994, and he did it again, in 2000, with Darwin’s Radio. He has been h...more
Published March 19th 2003 by Tor Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Collected Stories of Greg Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Collected Stories of Greg Bear

(4.2) Heads
(2.7) The Wind from a Burning Woman
(2.8) The Venging
Penny
I like Greg Bear - I'm an admirer esp. of "Slant" and other of his books. But these stories left me cold. Many were older - first pub. in sci fi mags (I had subscriptions to them for years) and probably will in the future. Found them flat, the endings were not satisfying, just didn't strike me as Mr. Bear at his best.
Chaz
A great collection that contains some of the first stories that Bear ever published.
Eric Malone
The story "Judgement Engine" is stuck in my consciousness forever now, thanks a lot Mr. Bear. "Hardfought" and "Wind From A Burning Woman" were other favorites. Picked this book up on a whim from a public library book sale for 50 cents....lucky me because the stories are brilliant.
Bridget
Collection of excellent science fiction stories, made even better by surprisingly self-aware introductions/reflections by the author on each story.
Hofo
I first came across Greg Bear with Blood Music. Since then I've never been disappointed. I find that his work is some of the more original SciFi today.
Alex
Reasonably good collection of short stories. If you like said things, walk don't run and maybe get around to it sometime.
David Baird
A great collection which showcases Bear's vast imagination and range if styles.
Thom Dunn
{NOTE: Have Advance Uncorrected Proof}
Dev
Bear's the King of hard sci-fi.
Lauren Davis
Lauren Davis marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
John
John added it
Aug 23, 2014
Chris Urie
Chris Urie marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Tyler
Tyler marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Connie Nguyen
Connie Nguyen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Martin Post
Martin Post marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Peter Van
Peter Van marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2014
Alexei Rodriguez
Alexei Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Myles
Myles marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Kandace Dick
Kandace Dick marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Tristanx
Tristanx marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2014
Casey
Casey marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2014
Greg Bear is one of the world's leading hard SF authors. He sold his first short story, at the age of fifteen, to Robert Lowndes's Famous Science Fiction.

A full-time writer, he lives in Washington State with his family. He is married to Astrid Anderson Bear. He is the son-in-law of Poul Anderson. They are the parents of two children, Erik and Alexandra.

More about Greg Bear...
Foundation and Chaos (Second Foundation Trilogy, #2) Eon (The Way, #1) The Forge of God (Forge of God, #1) Darwin's Radio (Darwin's Radio #1) Blood Music