Start by marking “Murder, Eh?: A Belle Palmer Mystery” as Want to Read:
Murder, Eh?: A Belle Palmer Mystery

Murder, Eh?: A Belle Palmer Mystery (Belle Palmer #4)

Northern Ontario realtor Belle Palmer is showing the lakefront mansion of a prominent businesswoman when she discovers the lady strangled in her bathtub. Could this third break-and-enter death reveal a serial killer at large in the Nickel Capital? The womans only child, a precocious twelve-year-old, comes to stay with Belles neighbours and wins her heart and theirs. Then a ...more
Published May 1st 2006 by Napoleon and Co (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Murder, Eh?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder, Eh?

Susan
I am having a difficult time rating and reviewing this one. On the one hand, it is a decent book. On the other, Belle was starting to annoy the living daylights out of me. I found her constant criticisms and snarky remarks to be really tiresome and tedious. That said, even though I guessed 'who dunnit' early on, I did still think that there was a good storyline. Plus, I do enjoy the Northern Ontario setting. Finally, I think I am a glutton for punishment as I will likely read the next (and perha ...more
Philip
Sep 13, 2014 Philip rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great! All the books in this series have been very enjoyable reading and I think each one has gotten a bit better than the previous one and Murder, Eh? is probably the best yet. Besides the usual cast of returning characters we meet a new doggie hero, Buffalo, a new and very likeable, if maybe a bit too perfect, character in Micro and a whole bunch of new and appropriately despicable bad guys who're all finally brought to justice in an overall quite satisfactory ending and the clues to the twist ...more
Debra
Sep 20, 2011 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Is a serial killer loose in Sudbury, Ontario? It certainly appears so when real estate agent Belle Palmer discovers her client’s strangled body in a bathtub. She is the third woman to die this way, and the community is nervous. The victim leaves behind a twelve-year-old son nicknamed Micro, who winds up staying with Belle for a short while. Micro doesn’t want to stay in the house with his step father, and when the boy goes missing, friends and family fear he’s been lured away by a pedophile.

Mur
Robin Spano
Jul 27, 2010 Robin Spano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime
I enjoyed reading this book. I was so wrong about who the killer was. Wrong by a landslide. But it worked. It was totally play-fair crime fiction. A great puzzle.

I liked the Northern Ontario setting. Lou captures both the scenery and the no-nonsense approach to life that characterize northern cities like Sudbury. I lived in Muskoka for a year, and this book felt really true to that kind of setting.

The characters were great. Complicated, scratchy, kind...very real. Particularly this sweet, quirky
Gail
Sep 30, 2009 Gail rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's very simple ... I choose this book because of two factors: (i) it was written by a Canadian, and (ii) it was set in Sudbury, Ontario.
I was really put-off at first by Lou Allin's writing style which was so heavily descriptive that it was almost like reading commercial copy. She must have described every nook and cranny of Sudbury within the first 40 pages of her book ... as well as finding ways to make mention of Canadian Tire, Tim Horton's, etc.

Somewhere towards the middle of the book, as I
Alison Bruce
May 07, 2011 Alison Bruce rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lou Allin really knows how to set a scene and she can be creepy and quirky at the same time.

Anyway, how can a Canadian not love a title like "Murder, Eh?"
Kimber Brosseau
Kimber Brosseau rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2015
Aven
Aven rated it liked it
Jan 26, 2012
Andree
Andree rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2013
Christine Campbell
Christine Campbell rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Michele
Michele rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2011
Caroline
Caroline rated it really liked it
May 14, 2010
Cidney Walter
Cidney Walter rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2014
Jan
Jan rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2009
Mike Steinberg
Mike Steinberg rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2012
Pauline
Pauline rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2014
Fiona
Fiona rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Catherine Astolfo
Catherine Astolfo rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2011
P.J. Coldren
P.J. Coldren marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2008
Elaine
Elaine added it
Nov 21, 2008
Linda Suzane
Linda Suzane marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2009
Edel
Edel marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2010
Nola
Nola marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2011
Kristina  UK
Kristina UK marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2012
Amber Harvey
Amber Harvey marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2013
Estelle Landry
Estelle Landry marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2013
April
April marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2013
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
June
June marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Jane
Jane marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
KSue
KSue marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
R.h.
R.h. marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Joan Fisher
Joan Fisher marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2014
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2016
C
C marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2016
Janet
Janet added it
Jan 11, 2017
Lou sings two anthems, born in Toronto, Canada, but raised in Ohio. Her father followed the film business to Cleveland in 1948. His profession explains her passion for classic films and debt to Ted Turner.
More about Lou Allin...

Belle Palmer (5 books)
  • Northern Winters Are Murder (Belle Palmer, #1)
  • Blackflies Are Murder (Belle Palmer, #2)
  • Bush Poodles Are Murder (Belle Palmer, #3)
  • Memories Are Murder (Belle Palmer, #5)