Start by marking “Knot What It Seams” as Want to Read:
Knot What It Seams

Knot What It Seams (A Southern Quilting Mystery #2)

3.65 of 5 stars 3.65  ·  rating details  ·  162 ratings  ·  26 reviews
"When former folk art curator Beatrice Coleman retired to Dappled Hills, North Carolina, for peace and quiet and quilting, she never expected that murder would disturb the peace... "
Dwindling membership has the Village Quilters hanging by a thread, and group leader Meadow Downey is desperate to recruit some new folks. With Beatrice's blessing, she attempts to weave freque
Published February 5th 2013 by New American Library (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Knot What It Seams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Knot What It Seams

LORI CASWELL
When former folk art curator Beatrice Coleman retired to Dappled Hills, North Carolina, for peace and quiet and quilting, she never expected that murder would disturb the peace…

Meadow Downey is on a quest to recruit new members for the Village Quilters Guild. She sets her sights on Jo Paxton, mail carrier, quilter, and judge for many of the nearby quilting contests. She is a much better quilter than mail carrier but all that mail gives her just enough information to cause trouble wherever she go
Sharon Chance
This is the second book in Elizabeth Craig's Southern Quilting Mystery series, and readers are again drawn into the fold of the Village Quilters Guild of Dappled Hills, North Carolina - where the gossip is good and the quilting is sublime!

This time, the super-competitive world of quilt shows is central to the story as the gals from Village Quilters coax quilt judge Jo Paxton to join their dwindling group. Jo is a well-known critic who makes the rounds of the area quilt shows, however she is not
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This second novel in the series known as 'A Southern Quilting Mystery,' was a treat. Not only did the murder mystery remain in the main view of the reader throughout, often the novel had me laughing out loud.

Retired Art Folk museum docent, Beatrice Coleman has moved to Dappled Hills, North Carolina to be nearer her only daughter and to learn how to 'retire.' In the first novel we are introduced to Beatrice's neighbor, Meadow Downey, a quilter. Although Beatrice had many dealing with quilters and
Mar 20, 2015 Jennifer rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cozy lovers
Since I discovered this series, it has become one of my favorites. This is the second in the series of quilting mysteries. I've been reading them out of order, and you don't really need to know what happened in the first book to understand what is going on in this installment. In this one, the Village Quilters guild is looking for another member, and recruits Jo from a competing guild. Jo is not well liked, seems to know people's secrets, and pretty much puts everyone down. No surprise when Jo w ...more
the storyline for book #2 was s-l-o-w as molasses, worse than the first book! I had nothing else to read sooo I kept going. I really enjoyed the murder storyline, but like one of it's main characters, named "Meadows", the book babbles and goes every which way. Whew, tiring read....not sure I could endure another---sad
Elaine
I like this cozy mystery. It took me longer than it should have to read this book but I think there have been too many distractions here, not the book's fault. Anyway, I like the characters a lot. I would like to read more about them. I did have the murderer figured out about halfway through. But what I really like about cozies is you get to know the characters like they are your friends.
Vickie
I love a book that has a good mystery along with a cool premise, especially one like Southern Quilting series that makes me want to move to a small town and learn to quilt.
Such a superb murder victim with plenty of suspects who want the victim gone.
I do find it interesting that such a small town can have two quilting guilds, but I went with the flow.
Nicely done mystery, plenty of clues to follow and Beatrice has her friends and fellow quilters to help her solve the murders.
Robyn Leatherman
This was the first book I've ever read from Elizabeth's many books, but I'll most likely be picking up another one pretty soon. I wasn't sure what to expect with this book, but bought it because of the lure of rival ladies quilting clubs being in the same town; a mystery story unraveling (couldn't help myself) around a quilting club is too good to resist!

This is a fast read because it's hard to put down! I read a few chapters each night and finished in 3 evenings. I like the size of the book, i
Kate
3.5: a lot more enjoyable than the first book in this series, so I'm glad I gave the series another chance. I'm starting to get a real sense of place in Dappled Hills and am liking the cute little town and all it's quilters.
Stasha
Another cosy mystery. Still want to strangle Meadow - and sadly most of what I hate in her is faults I have myself. I want to grow up to be Beatrice, but a better quilter.
Megowen
Feb 03, 2015 Megowen rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No body!
YUCK
Mary L.
It was a little slow to me, however towards the end I become interested enough to hurry up and finish it.
Susan
Meadow asks abrasive mail carrier Jo Paston to join the Village Quilters, ignoring the fact that she'd been asked to leave her last quilting group. When Jo dies in a crash on a rainy day, Meadow's husband, the local police chief, accepts it as an accident, and refuses to believe that Opal, the local psychic, is calling it murder. But he respects retired art curator Beatrice, his new next-door neighbor, who points out the reasons it could be murder.
Rob Jarrad
Elizabeth< I'm not done yet but I love it! And I have your Quilt or Innocence also. Love them both. Are you planning another one later in the year that I can request from my library? I ask because I'm not employed and can't afford to buy books but I got ahold of your first two and want more! More, More as well as reading the one under Riley!

Thanks for such fun reading.
Rob Jarrad
Kentwood MI 49548
Nancy Rogan
I was disappointed in this second book in the series. The characters are annoying and it moved way too slowly for me. The protagonist went over and over and over the same questions and made no progress. The only redeeming thing it has going for it is a couple of recipes that look good. I am probably through with this series - too boring.
Cathy
It was a nice cozy mystery. I like the characters, yet Meadow, a central character in both novels is a bit too annoying for my tastes. I didn’t guess the killer until the last 2 chapters. All in all, a good read.
Amanda Polanco
Never been one for mysteries, but decided to go outside my comfort zone this year. Southern novel about ladies in a quilting guild that find themselves in the middle of a couple of murders in their town..
Jill
This book was like an old English mystery movie, the characters were mildly to wildly eccentric. Some characters were brash to the point of irritating. The mystery itself was so so.
Wendy
I enjoy the characters and the setting in this North Carolina based quilting series and look forward to more entries. I guessed the killer fairly earlier but it was still a fun read.
Mascanlon
I like the characters in this series but the plot of this book was pretty farfetched even for a southern cozy. Its summer read to pass the time.
Kathleen
I love cozy mysteries, I am a quilter and I have had three Corgis - what wasn't to love about this book? Can't wait to read the next one.
Grey853
It's slow, repetitive, and predictable. However, there's a cute dog and quilts so I'll give it two stars instead of one.
Phyl
Not interesting for myself - the older characters and quilting piece just didn't interest me.
Mary L.
It was slow moving at first to me but towards the end became more interesting.
Donna
As always another good book in this series !
Ming Haugen
giving up on this series
Donna Schmitt
Donna Schmitt marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
  • Kneading to Die (Pawsitively Organic Mystery #1)
  • Mayhem at the Orient Express (League of Literary Ladies, #1)
  • Cat Trick (Magical Cats, #4)
  • Rubbed Out (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #4)
  • Out of Circulation (Cat in the Stacks, #4)
  • Pall in the Family (A Family Fortune Mystery, #1)
  • Service for Two (Pennyfoot Hotel Mystery, #3)
  • Eminent Domain (The Mitzy Neuhaus Mysteries, #2)
  • Something's Cooking (Angie Amalfi, #1)
  • Sweet Delicious Madness and the Many Mysterious Deaths of Silvio Berlusconi (Kissed in Italy, #1)
  • A Custom-Fit Crime (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #4)
  • If Bread Could Rise to the Occasion  (Gram’s Country Cooking School Mystery #3)
  • The Alpine Xanadu (Emma Lord Mystery, #24)
  • Read and Buried (Ashton Corners Book Club Mystery #2)
  • The Devil's Puzzle (Someday Quilts Mystery, #4)
  • Thread and Buried (Threadville Mystery, #3)
  • Revenge of the Crafty Corpse (Anastasia Pollack Crafting Mystery, #3)
  • Miss Zukas and the Raven's Dance (Miss Zukas, #4)
Elizabeth writes the Southern Quilting mysteries for Penguin/NAL, the Memphis Barbeque mysteries for Penguin/Berkley, and the Myrtle Clover series for Midnight Ink and independently. She blogs at ElizabethSpannCraig.com/blog , which was named by Writer’s Digest as one of the 101 Best Websites for Writers. Find out more about her books on her website: http://elizabethspanncraig.com . Sign up for he ...more
More about Elizabeth Spann Craig...

A Southern Quilting Mystery (4 books)
  • Quilt or Innocence
  • Quilt Trip
  • Shear Trouble
A Body in the Backyard (Myrtle Clover Mystery #4) Progressive Dinner Deadly (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #3) A Dyeing Shame (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #2) Quilt or Innocence Pretty is as Pretty Dies (A Myrtle Clover Mystery #1)