Start by marking “Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum's Heart Book: Every Woman's Guide to a Heart-Healthy Life” as Want to Read:
Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum's Heart Book: Every Woman's Guide to a Heart-Healthy Life

Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum's Heart Book: Every Woman's Guide to a Heart-Healthy Life

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the tradition of Christiane Northrup, a renowned cardiologist integrates emotional and physical well-being in a revolutionary new approach to women's heart health.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women in the United States. As a cardiologist with specializations in preventative cardiology and women's heart disease, Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum has dedicated h
Published January 24th 2013 by Avery Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum's Heart Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum's Heart Book

Carla Bruns
Dec 20, 2014 Carla Bruns rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: health conscious gals
Shelves: healthy-living
I checked this book out from the library as part of my self-inflicted build a better heart program. Dr. S broke everything down from how your heart is built, tests to take, and how to care for your heart. She even wrote about emotional health and the impact it has on your heart. I thought this book was so thorough that I took tons of notes and have even started to change some of my habits.

I wouldn't be surprised if I checked this out again in the future. You know, for a refresher.
Liddy
Excellent book! Don't review it until you've read it!
Boriss
I only skimmed through this but it looks very average. How someone can claim to care about sex hormones but be pro-statins is beyond me. And eating egg white omelettes with whole grain toast? Yikes, tell that to a diabetic. I thought it was common knowledge canola oil is horrible for you.

Positives are she mentions taking magnesium and not calcium

Anyone who has even the slightest bit of insulin resistance should run from this book like the plague.
Em
This book is informative and easy to read. I recommend it particularly to younger women who believe that heart issues are older people issues. Dr.Steinbaum shows how to be healthy and prevent problems.
Julie
Anything that inspires us to better health is worth reading. Must read for all women.
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Rsmith
Rsmith marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Silvija Horvat
Silvija Horvat marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2014
Stephanie Wickert
Stephanie Wickert is currently reading it
Feb 11, 2014
Cindy
Cindy added it
Jan 09, 2014
Christa
Christa marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2013
Laurie
Laurie marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2013
Gabriela Carolina
Gabriela Carolina is currently reading it
Aug 07, 2013
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Sarah Haskin
Sarah Haskin marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Lydia K.p
Lydia K.p marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2013
Dr. Suzanne Steinbaum's Heart Book: Every Woman's Guide to a Heart-Healthy Life Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally: Drop Pounds and Slash Your Blood Pressure in 6 Weeks Without Drugs