Start by marking “Wildflowers of Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Wildflowers of Blue Ri...
Leonard M. Adkins

Wildflowers of Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Using full-color photography and expertly crafted prose, Wildflowers of the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains turns a day hike or drive through our nation's most beautiful and rugged expanse of forested mountains into an object lesson in the stunning beauty of nature.
Published June 1st 2011 by Menasha Ridge Press (first published April 10th 2005)

Be the first to ask a question about Wildflowers of Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains

Kristina Plaas
This is a good introductory level book for those wanting to learn more about wildflowers in the Smokies and Blue Ridge Mountains. What distinguishes this book from others is the documentation of precise locations, by mile marker on the parkway, where specific flowers can be seen. It's not my first choice book for the Smokies but it's a good choice for those visiting the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Great photos. Really helpful reference for identifying images of flowers and useful information. Got this one, and not the Flowers of the Appalalchian Trail, which was $1 less, and fewer photos. (If they are in the AT book, they should be in the Blue Ridge Mtns book.) My one problem with the book is that it seems to imply its fairly comprehensive, but when I was doing wildflower identification, I realized a whole lot was missing. Still, lovely reference.
Wildflowers of the Blue Ridge and Great Smoky Mountains by Leonard M. Adkins (Menasha Ridge Press 2005) (582.13). This is another well-done field guide by an experienced author and photographer. My rating: 7/10, finished 2007.
Holly Ritger
Holly Ritger marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Judy marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2012