Start by marking “Moody Cow Meditates” as Want to Read:
Moody Cow Meditates

Moody Cow Meditates

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  16 reviews
It all started one stupid, rotten day when everything went wrong...

Peter the cow is having a BAD day. After missing the bus and wiping out on his bike he loses his temper and gets in trouble. To make matters worse all the other kids are teasing him, calling him Moody Cow. Peter's day just seems to get worse until his grandfather comes over and teaches him how to settle his
Published August 10th 2009 by Wisdom Publications

To ask other readers questions about Moody Cow Meditates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moody Cow Meditates

Sonsiris Tamayo-dewitt
I have to say that this books is for adults too !!! Will definitely buy it when I have a child or as a gift for parents ! This time I read it just for me :)
Alicia
This darling book is about a cow who has a bad day and gets really angry and lets his anger cause him to have some behaviors that get him into trouble. Then his grandfather sits down with him and teaches him how to calm down when the anger stirs inside him. I especially like the visuals that they give in this book. Sometimes if Nakyla is angry, we walk through the steps in the book (putting glitter into water and watching it settle), but we pretend to do it since I don't have a big bowl for glit ...more
S.N. Arly
This is a children's picture book that entertains while teaching anger management and meditation to the grade school and younger set.

The story is an engaging take on Peter the cow's really bad day. Along the way we see how his actions and anger contribute to his bad day, making it possible to discuss this with young children. Enter Peter's grandfather with a simple meditation exercise to help keep the moody cow away. In the end of the book, there are instructions on how to repeat the exercise o
Helena
omg this is the best book ever,everyone should read it
Katelyn
This is the best book EVAH!!!!!!!!! OMG everyone should read it
R. C.
The illustrations are abstract and modern. The main character goes to school and rides a skateboard. The meditation technique described is very practical for even little kids (except the gong). I was also excited by the craft tie-in at the end. I am definitely putting this book at the center of a lesson early in our PreK-2nd grade religion class this year.
Molly
If you teach Social Emotional Learning in the classroom or to your children this book is fantastic. I use a curriculum in the classroom, Mind Up, and this book is right on for the first unit. It's an awesome representation of how we can name our frustrations, settle our minds and be aware of our impact on our world. I plan to read the others in the series now!
Charlie
3.5 stars. This book is great for people who have anger but I'm not sure its my favorite. Its about a cow who is having a bad day. His grandfather comes to his house and helps him calm down by using a jar as his mind and glitter as his anger.
Tara
Moody Cow, whose name used to be Peter, had a very bad day in which he became angrier than he ever had been before. Grandpa helps him clear his mind and settle his anger. Craft instructions included in the back! Good for storytime for older kids. Too long for the little ones.
Jenn Hovis
I read this book to both my kids and then made the meditation jar at the end. It was a really good and effective project to illustrate dealing/coping/ (and letting go) with anger and other negative emotions. My 8 year old really seemed to relate and grasp the concept.
Leanne Holitza
I got this book by cosmic chance. My son loves it! I read it to my kids energy class and it was a huge hit! Thank you!
Laurie
A great way to introduce children to meditation. Try the mind jar. It works well for adults, too!
Dr.tia
This book is so great! Can be used in therapy while creating your own meditation jar.
Jo Sorrell
A good concept for anger management. Not a good read aloud in general.
Rachel
From the author of Pigs Over Denver, a book about meditation for children.
Nancy
great for a parent collection...
Travis Clingenpeel
Travis Clingenpeel marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Dween18
Dween18 marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Lisa Bourne
Lisa Bourne marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Alicia Adams
Alicia Adams marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Nazmoon Nahar
Nazmoon Nahar marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Peaceful Piggy Meditation Peaceful Piggy Yoga Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda The Family Meditation Book Moody Cow Learns Compassion