Start by marking “The Rake's Proposal” as Want to Read:
The Rake's Proposal

The Rake's Proposal

A Scandalous Secret
was part of the dowry Katherine Sutcliff would bring to her bridal bed. And any prospective suitor on the Marriage Mart would have to live with it - or live without her! But her pressing need for a suitable match was diverted by her most unsuitable attraction to the disreputable Lord Benjamin Sinclair.

A Rakish Life
had been Benjamin's choice, but now the

ebook, Harlequin Historical #820, 304 pages
Published December 15th 2011 by Harlequin Historical (first published October 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Rake's Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Rake's Proposal

Anna Rebecca
I have to admit that I actually enjoyed this book. I’ve been reading heavier material lately and really needed a break. I wanted something that was fun and easy to read with a minimum of effort. In short, I wanted to be mindlessly entertained. And, to a degree, I was. However, I must admit that I never did figure out who the villain was until it was revealed at the end of the book! (Truth be told, I am ashamed to admit this!)

As all of my readers know, I happen to enjoy this particular time perio
Tatrd
Apr 12, 2011 Tatrd rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Katherine Sutcliff & Lord Benjamin Sinclair
Upon her dad's death, Kate inherited his company but can't publicly run it because she's a woman (set in early 1800's) so she goes to London for the season to find a husband. Ben is brother's best friend who's a vagabond sailor. She's kidnapped twice and he saves her but her reputation is ruined.
Charlotte
"When he held her in his arms, her common sense vanished..." (60) describes this book, and many other in its genre, to a T at the moment.
Joanna Forsyth
An impressive writing style for a Mills and Boon novel. All over top stuff! I hope that my prose will one day be as well crafted as this was.
Talietha
Enjoyable if fluffy romance.
But if read in the wrong mood it would be possilbe to be overcome with an urge to kick both or hero & heroine for wanton idiocy.
Jamie
it was a typical romance novel,but i enjoyed its perfect for when you're in the mood for something romantic
Deirdre
Deirdre rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2012
loretta
loretta rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2012
Kendyl C.
Kendyl C. rated it really liked it
Apr 26, 2015
Sheila A. Jones
Sheila A. Jones rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2016
Frances
Frances rated it it was ok
Jun 28, 2009
Caitlin
Caitlin rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2013
marissa
marissa rated it liked it
Dec 08, 2010
Rebecca Harvey
Rebecca Harvey rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Gloria Guillen
Gloria Guillen rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Pamela
Pamela rated it liked it
Oct 16, 2015
Pyxipyro
Cute story.
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2008
Angela
Angela rated it liked it
Oct 06, 2008
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2012
Valerie F
Oct 30, 2007 Valerie F rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romanceyecch
Further proof that I hate romances, but it was intriguing to find out who was stalking her.
Beebs
Beebs rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2011
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2008
Chris Wilson
Chris Wilson rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2009
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Dec 24, 2014
Ap922
Ap922 rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2013
Katrina Turner
Katrina Turner rated it liked it
May 09, 2014
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Sarah Elliott grew up in Pennsylvania and studied English at Smith College. Shortly after completing Reforming the Rake, she moved to London to get a master's degree in art history. She lives there still, and shares a flat with her boyfriend and their ever-expanding collection of books, broken antique furniture, vinyl LPs, and Indian spices. When she's not writing, she enjoys cooking, shopping, an ...more
More about Sarah Elliott...