Start by marking “Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Les Petits Macarons: C...
Kathryn Gordon

Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Macarons, the stuff of bakers' candy-coated dreams, have taken the world by storm and are demystified here for the home baker, With dozens of flavor combinations, recipes are structured with three basic shell methods--French, Swiss, and Italian--plus one never-before-seen Easiest French Macaron Method. Pick one that works for you, and go on to create French-inspired pastry ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Running Press Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Les Petits Macarons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les Petits Macarons

This is the only book you'd ever need on macarons: a variety of different methods for making the cookie portion of the macarons with clear steps and photos, tons and tons of flavor variations, including basic to novel fillings (buttered popcorn pastry cream!). Absolutely fantastic.
This book covers everything you need to know when first starting out. The parts on tools, techniques and troubleshooting are thorough; all meringue methods are covered with great photos. Tips and tricks are offered. I only wish there would have been a bit less focus on the savoury and novelty recipes, as I feel those are a bit too quirky in the grand scheme of things.

Personally I serve macarons in combination with other pastries (usually with coffee or tea after a three- to five-course dinner) a
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
PRETTY!!!!! The pictures in this book just make you want to get your stand mixer out & go to town. I made macarons once with limited success but after reading this I think I know where I went wrong.

There are 3 basic recipes: French, Italian & Swiss. The rest of the book consists of variations on those 3 recipes. I had no idea you could make a macaron out of anything other than almond flour. Who knew? Also, had no clue you could make savory macarons. Inconceivable!

There's so many recipe
Helpful troubleshooting guide in the back of the book.
This book is great! It gives great instructions and lots of flavor combination. It also discusses French, Swiss, and Italian meringue options--basically 3 different ways to make the cookies. Such a great, great book. It's totally inspired me to make them!
This book is beautiful and has great ideas for recipes. Love that it discusses the different styles (Italian, Swiss, French) of merinque, and the history/techniques of each. Will definitely go on my most used cookbooks shelf.
Veronique Ludington
very impressed by the accuracy of this book, measurements in grams were there and an absolute necessity to get the perfect consistency, i liked the troubleshooting section too, very helpful
Amy Lassen
Will need to re-check out this book from the library. Attempted the recipe where you bake at 200 for a while then turn the heat up and they didn't work right. Will try again at some point.
Elizabeth Gilliam
I love all the varities of flavors for the shells and the fillings if it wasn't for the fact that almond flour is expensive I know I could make these.
Beautiful, informative, extensive, with a troubleshooting section. -1 star because come on, no one can really make these at home.
I don't like being mediocre, especially in the kitchen. With instructions this rigid & precise i never will. Awesome little cookbook.
Inspired to try making macarons. Like the troubleshooting section. I may be needing that.
Pretty pictures, easy to follow directions, delicious recipes.
Anika Bal
Anika Bal marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2015
Camilla marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Rikke marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2015
Megan marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2015
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2015
Michelle marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Brianna is currently reading it
Aug 17, 2015
Alan Hsu
Alan Hsu marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
  • Macarons
  • Home Made Winter
  • Patisserie: Mastering the Fundamentals of French Pastry
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • The Secrets of Baking: Simple Techniques for Sophisticated Desserts
  • Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family's Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking, from the Creator of Cannelle et Vanille
  • Chocolates and Confections: Formula, Theory, and Technique for the Artisan Confectioner
  • Asian Tofu: Discover the Best, Make Your Own, and Cook It at Home
  • Blackbird Bakery Gluten-Free
  • The Little Paris Kitchen
  • I Love Macarons
  • Miette: Recipes from San Francisco's Most Charming Pastry Shop
  • The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook : More Than 100 Recipes From the Best Little Bakery In the South
  • Rustic Fruit Desserts: Crumbles, Buckles, Cobblers, Pandowdies, and More