Start by marking “Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Les Petits Macarons: C...

Kathryn Gordon

Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home

Macarons, the stuff of bakers' candy-coated dreams, have taken the world by storm and are demystified here for the home baker, With dozens of flavor combinations, recipes are structured with three basic shell methods--French, Swiss, and Italian--plus one never-before-seen Easiest French Macaron Method. Pick one that works for you, and go on to create French-inspired pastry ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Running Press Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Les Petits Macarons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les Petits Macarons

Melissa
Mar 05, 2012 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
This is the only book you'd ever need on macarons: a variety of different methods for making the cookie portion of the macarons with clear steps and photos, tons and tons of flavor variations, including basic to novel fillings (buttered popcorn pastry cream!). Absolutely fantastic.
Aglaea
This book covers everything you need to know when first starting out. The parts on tools, techniques and troubleshooting are thorough; all meringue methods are covered with great photos. Tips and tricks are offered. I only wish there would have been a bit less focus on the savoury and novelty recipes, as I feel those are a bit too quirky in the grand scheme of things.

Personally I serve macarons in combination with other pastries (usually with coffee or tea after a three- to five-course dinner) a
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
PRETTY!!!!! The pictures in this book just make you want to get your stand mixer out & go to town. I made macarons once with limited success but after reading this I think I know where I went wrong.

There are 3 basic recipes: French, Italian & Swiss. The rest of the book consists of variations on those 3 recipes. I had no idea you could make a macaron out of anything other than almond flour. Who knew? Also, had no clue you could make savory macarons. Inconceivable!

There's so many recipe
Heather
Jul 18, 2016 Heather rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you want to make macarons with no set recipe, this book is for you. If you are more like me and like to have a set recipe, than this is probably not your book. I didn't care for the sound of any of the recipes in the book and they would just not be for me. However, if you like unusual flavor combination with many different pairings, you will probably really like all the recipe options listed in this book.
Lisa
Nov 25, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is beautiful and has great ideas for recipes. Love that it discusses the different styles (Italian, Swiss, French) of merinque, and the history/techniques of each. Will definitely go on my most used cookbooks shelf.
Cecily
May 19, 2012 Cecily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is great! It gives great instructions and lots of flavor combination. It also discusses French, Swiss, and Italian meringue options--basically 3 different ways to make the cookies. Such a great, great book. It's totally inspired me to make them!
Jessica
Oct 15, 2015 Jessica rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult-nonfic
This is chock full of recipes for all kinds of fillings, including jams, creams, and more. I don't prefer cookbooks without pictures and found the text format to be less than easy to read (for a cookbook).
Aug 13, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cooking, 2012
Beautiful, informative, extensive, with a troubleshooting section. -1 star because come on, no one can really make these at home.
Shawn
Jan 29, 2013 Shawn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't like being mediocre, especially in the kitchen. With instructions this rigid & precise i never will. Awesome little cookbook.
Amy
Jul 29, 2013 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will need to re-check out this book from the library. Attempted the recipe where you bake at 200 for a while then turn the heat up and they didn't work right. Will try again at some point.
Veronique Ludington
very impressed by the accuracy of this book, measurements in grams were there and an absolute necessity to get the perfect consistency, i liked the troubleshooting section too, very helpful
Elizabeth Gilliam
Apr 09, 2012 Elizabeth Gilliam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love all the varities of flavors for the shells and the fillings if it wasn't for the fact that almond flour is expensive I know I could make these.
Fadi Draghici
Fadi Draghici rated it liked it
Dec 20, 2012
Whitney
Whitney rated it really liked it
Nov 13, 2014
Robert Faidley
Robert Faidley rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2015
Ruby Duby
Ruby Duby rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Nem
Nem rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2016
Angie
Angie rated it it was amazing
Oct 27, 2015
merilyn
merilyn rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Aimee Millspaugh
Aimee Millspaugh rated it liked it
Dec 30, 2016
Melissa Lambrecht
Melissa Lambrecht rated it it was amazing
Jan 15, 2015
Pinky
Pinky rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Jen Carver
Jen Carver rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2013
Knitlover
Knitlover rated it liked it
Nov 14, 2011
Becki Bradley
Becki Bradley rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2014
Crystal Lee
Crystal Lee rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2016
Jin
Jin rated it really liked it
Jan 09, 2016
Judy
Judy rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2015
Gloria Lorntzen
Gloria Lorntzen rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2016
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Huntsville-Madiso...: Staff Pick: Les Petits Macarons 1 2 Feb 27, 2013 08:34AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Book #9: Les Petits Macarons 1 4 Feb 27, 2013 08:32AM
  • Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes
  • I Love Macarons
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist
  • Home Made Winter
  • The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook
  • Ladurée: Sucré
  • Tartine Book No. 3
  • Modern Art Desserts: Recipes for Cakes, Cookies, Confections, and Frozen Treats Based on Iconic Works of Art
  • Cookie Craft: From Baking to Luster Dust, Designs and Techniques for Creative Cookie Occasions
  • The Chinese Takeout Cookbook: Quick and Easy Dishes to Prepare at Home
  • The Foie Gras Wars: How a 5,000-Year-Old Delicacy Inspired the World's Fiercest Food Fight
  • Waffles: Fun Recipes for Every Meal