Start by marking “Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home” as Want to Read:
Blank-133x176
Les Petits Macarons: C...

Kathryn Gordon

Les Petits Macarons: Colorful French Confections to Make at Home

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Macarons, the stuff of bakers' candy-coated dreams, have taken the world by storm and are demystified here for the home baker, With dozens of flavor combinations, recipes are structured with three basic shell methods--French, Swiss, and Italian--plus one never-before-seen Easiest French Macaron Method. Pick one that works for you, and go on to create French-inspired pastry ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Running Press Book Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Les Petits Macarons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Les Petits Macarons

Mo Tipton
This is the only book you'd ever need on macarons: a variety of different methods for making the cookie portion of the macarons with clear steps and photos, tons and tons of flavor variations, including basic to novel fillings (buttered popcorn pastry cream!). Absolutely fantastic.
Aglaea
This book covers everything you need to know when first starting out. The parts on tools, techniques and troubleshooting are thorough; all meringue methods are covered with great photos. Tips and tricks are offered. I only wish there would have been a bit less focus on the savoury and novelty recipes, as I feel those are a bit too quirky in the grand scheme of things.

Personally I serve macarons in combination with other pastries (usually with coffee or tea after a three- to five-course dinner) a
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
PRETTY!!!!! The pictures in this book just make you want to get your stand mixer out & go to town. I made macarons once with limited success but after reading this I think I know where I went wrong.

There are 3 basic recipes: French, Italian & Swiss. The rest of the book consists of variations on those 3 recipes. I had no idea you could make a macaron out of anything other than almond flour. Who knew? Also, had no clue you could make savory macarons. Inconceivable!

There's so many recipe
Cecily
This book is great! It gives great instructions and lots of flavor combination. It also discusses French, Swiss, and Italian meringue options--basically 3 different ways to make the cookies. Such a great, great book. It's totally inspired me to make them!
Lisa
This book is beautiful and has great ideas for recipes. Love that it discusses the different styles (Italian, Swiss, French) of merinque, and the history/techniques of each. Will definitely go on my most used cookbooks shelf.
Veronique Ludington
very impressed by the accuracy of this book, measurements in grams were there and an absolute necessity to get the perfect consistency, i liked the troubleshooting section too, very helpful
Amy Lassen
Will need to re-check out this book from the library. Attempted the recipe where you bake at 200 for a while then turn the heat up and they didn't work right. Will try again at some point.
Elizabeth Gilliam
I love all the varities of flavors for the shells and the fillings if it wasn't for the fact that almond flour is expensive I know I could make these.
Beautiful, informative, extensive, with a troubleshooting section. -1 star because come on, no one can really make these at home.
Shawn
I don't like being mediocre, especially in the kitchen. With instructions this rigid & precise i never will. Awesome little cookbook.
Stacy
Inspired to try making macarons. Like the troubleshooting section. I may be needing that.
Meghan
Pretty pictures, easy to follow directions, delicious recipes.
Janet Robbins
Janet Robbins marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
Susan C. Szumski
Susan C. Szumski marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Paige
Paige marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Kimberley doruyter
Kimberley doruyter marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Amanda Ruiz
Amanda Ruiz marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Jennifer Perry
Jennifer Perry is currently reading it
Nov 17, 2014
Elin
Elin marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Huntsville-Madiso...: Staff Pick: Les Petits Macarons 1 2 Feb 27, 2013 08:34AM
  • Marshmallow Madness!: Dozens of Puffalicious Recipes
  • Home Made Winter
  • Macarons
  • Chocolates and Confections: Formula, Theory, and Technique for the Artisan Confectioner
  • The Complete Magnolia Bakery Cookbook: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery and Allysa Torey's Home Kitchen
  • The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook: Sweetness in Seattle
  • Small Plates and Sweet Treats: My Family's Journey to Gluten-Free Cooking, from the Creator of Cannelle et Vanille
  • The Secrets of Baking: Simple Techniques for Sophisticated Desserts
  • Miette: Recipes from San Francisco's Most Charming Pastry Shop
  • I Love Macarons
  • Vintage Cakes: Timeless Recipes for Cupcakes, Flips, Rolls, Layer, Angel, Bundt, Chiffon, and Icebox Cakes for Today's Sweet Tooth
  • Bouchon Bakery
  • In the Sweet Kitchen: The Definitive Baker's Companion
  • Asian Tofu: Discover the Best, Make Your Own, and Cook It at Home
  • Bake It Like You Mean It: Gorgeous Cakes from Inside Out
  • BabyCakes Covers the Classics: Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes from Donuts to Snickerdoodles
  • The Foie Gras Wars: How a 5,000-Year-Old Delicacy Inspired the World's Fiercest Food Fight
  • La Tartine Gourmande: Gluten-Free Recipes for an Inspired Life