Start by marking “Don't Tempt Me (Georgian, #4)” as Want to Read:
Don't Tempt Me (Georgian, #4)

Don't Tempt Me (Georgian #4)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  2,293 ratings  ·  125 reviews
Sometimes Temptation...A hardened mercenary as adept in bed as in battle, Simon Quinn can have any woman he wants, but he prefers those who know the rules of the game. That way it's easier to leave them behind...

Can't Be Avoided

But Lysette Rousseau is one female he can't figure out. Beautiful, sensual, seductive, she should be the perfect match for Simon, yet something abo
Published January 29th 2013 by Kensington (first published April 1st 2008)

Pepa
Ni fu ni fa, la verdad
Leo esta saga porque me gusta la erótica histórica, pero tampoco lo encuentro muy erótico.
Sí, el deseo es repentino y y es verse y sufrir y estar todo el día "preparados" pero las escenas hot ni son gran cosa ni son tantas.
La trama no ha estado mal, aunque me ha resultado tan previsible que al final casi me cabreo y todo.
La parte romántica ni la veo, cuando se enamoran las parejas si a los dos días de verse durante 10 minutos ya se aman con locura???
Soy lectora romántica y
NinaReader
Another interesting storyline.
Another engaging plot twist.
Another off the charts attraction.

Way to end this Georgian series of books! I've enjoyed all of them. The cloak and dagger and the intrigue had me at the edge of my seat in this book. More so than the others. It worked so well because at the core of it all are the unique stories of not just one love story but really three.
The Mom's story was heart wrenching.

I love Sylvia Day for wrapping all 3 stories up for me in a way that I thought t
Mitzi
Simon Quinn works for Eddington as an agent for the crown. He is known for his abilities as a lover.

He meets Lynette Rousseau who is looking for her supposed dead twin sister Lysette. He mistakes her for Lysette whom he knows is a cold calculating woman from working with her in the past but then realizes that they are different women.

Lysette has lost her memory and works undercover for Desjardins and she is assigned to uncover information from Mr. James whom works for Ben Franklin. Lysette get
AerinLuvs
3.5 stars rounded up!

Very enjoyable conclusion to the Georgian series! Would have been 4.5 stars but for the somewhat confusing layout of the story, with several time jumps and the multiple love stories told. I read this book for a re-read and challenge which required a main character to have a name with a "Q"~ and what a lovely Q it was! I actually didn't remember any of the plot as I was "re-reading" this, and I may have actually confused this book with another one.

As it was, I recommend that
Bronwyn Rykiert
What an absolute gem of a book, I loved it from start to finish – it was one that I wanted to finish to find the answer to the mystery, even though I had guessed and that I did not want to finish because I loved the characters so much.

At the start of the book we have Marguerite Piccard and Philippe (Marquis de St Martin) together, she is his mistress and they love each other very much but someone wants them apart. He threatens them, then Philippe is attacked and almost killed, along comes anothe
My Book Addiction and More MBA
DON'T TEMPT ME by Sylvia Day is an exciting Georgian Erotic Historical Romance set in 1757 Paris, France. #4 in the "Georgian"series, but can be read as a stand alone. See,"Ask for It"," Passion for the Game",and "A Passion for Him".Re-issue from 2008. "Don't Tempt Me" is the story of Simon Quinn,a spy and mercenary and Lynette Baillon,who has lost her twin sister. Filled with danger,secrets,deceit,lies,vengeance,passion,and love. Lynette's twin sister,Lysette has been dead for two years,or so h ...more
Kennedy
This novel spans several decades and there are several primary characters. Running in the background is an evil plot by one man to destroy the life of another by taking away everything that he loves. Philippe is married but falls for Marguerite and convinces her to give up everything to live as his mistress. After receiving threats and the beating of Philippe along with the murder of some of their staff Marguerite is convinced that leaving Philippe is the only way to save him. She runs away, mar ...more
Tamika Grey
This was definitely a Good read. The plotting and suspense got my psych working. Though I knew De Grenier is the culprit, and the girls were Phillipe's, I didn't suspect De Grenier is L'Espirit.
RedRedtheycallmeRed
I borrowed this Kindle book from my local library. Honestly, $11.49 for an ebook (and a fairly short one at that) is insane!

This is the third of the Georgian books that I have read. This one was better than Ask For It, but I didn't love it as much as Passion For The Game.

Simon (lady Winter's former lover from Passion For The Game) gets his own story this time. I loved Simon. He's smart, tough, sexy and has an inherent goodness about him. He is embroiled in a mystery that involves a woman (Lysett
Kelly
I don't really know what to make of this novel. The plot was so intriguing and the characters so individual, and yet it felt so rushed and so shallow that it never came together.

I wish this novel had been written by someone like Sidney Sheldon, who wouldn't have been afraid to make it 500 or 600 pages long and just really flesh it out. Someone liked SHeldon would have 'books' within the novel. A book for Marguerite and Saint Martin, a book for Lysette and a book for Simon and Lynette, with a fin
Stacie
This was a good read but I was surprised that it did not have as many erotic scenes as I usually see from Sylvia Day. It is the story of Simon who is a spy for England. He mets Lysette but mistakes her for her twin sister Lynette. Lysette thought that Lynette was dead and she will stop at nothing to find out if her sister is really still alive.
Fil
This was the best of the series. Wish the books were somehow brought together in the end.
Rie_dominique
dapet hibahan buku Sylvia Day dari Mbak Threez, buku ini salah satunya.

ini pertamakalinya saya baca buku Sylvia Day, kirain dia cuma punya seri Bared to You aja, ternyata historical romancenya cukup banyak juga..

Buku ini lumayanlah, tapi dengan tokoh-tokoh yang cukup banyak dan memiliki kisah sendiri selain yang plot utamanya jadinya cerita terasa pendek.

untuk kasus spy dibuku ini cukup bikin saya geleng-geleng kepala. banyak yang tidak logisnya dan kesimpulan-kesimpulan yang entah muncul dari
Karline05 Un brin de lecture
Un quatrième tome rondement menée pour ce quatrième tome d'une série de romance historique qui ne s'essouffle pas du tout. L'efficacité de la plume de Sylvia Day agit et nous mène avec envie jusqu'au dénouement de cette histoire riche et les deux duo charismatique et attachants nous font passer un bon moment de légèreté. L'auteure ne nous a pas toujours donné le meilleur mais cette saga riche et complexe nous fait passer un bon moment de lecture.
Brooke
This is book four in the Georgian series.

WOWZA! This was incredibly intense and suspenseful conclusion (I believe) to a spellbinding series!

The gist: Simon finally gets his chance at love! Simon has been a spy for England since Maria and Christopher got married. We met Lysette, his French counterpart, in Passion For Him. When Simon left France to follow Colin to England, Cartland ratted Simon and all his men out to the French authorities. Now Simon has arranged a prisoner trade – Lysette for all
Joy
I didn't expect this novel to be my favorite but it is, out of the four books in this series.

We meet Simon Quinn in the second book, and we could see how closely connected the 2nd until 4th books are. I didn't care much for his character because most of the hot guys fall into a certain category. There's a template for drool-worthy and panty-wetting heroes such as: a ripped body, a sexy accent, height, mysterious past, dominant in nature and of course good in bed.

The major thing I took notice of
Bree T
Lynette Baillon is still deeply grieving the loss of her twin sister Lysette, who died in a carriage accident several years ago. She and her mother are in Paris, against her mother’s wishes, en route to a holiday in Spain to help with the healing process. Attending a ball, she meets the notoriously handsome Simon Quinn and a little of the spark Lynette has been missing since her sister’s death comes flaring back to life.

But she’s confused when Simon approaches her and speaks as if he knows her.
Sandy M
This is my first book by Ms. Grasso. For the most part I liked the storyline. The characters only had their moments, though. I’m wondering if I had read any of the previous books in this series and had been introduced to these people earlier I would have liked them better before starting this book. Hard to say.

At times I liked the majority of the characters, but at other times a lot of them seemed stiff and awkward to me. I blame a lot of that on the dialogue. I was surprised at the way these ch
.þµŋψà. [Punya Reviews...]
Patty
"Espionage, Revenge and betrayal ... and more"

From the last few books, I have loved Simon Quinn. He is a good man and he is always willing to fight for what he believes in. Lysette is stuck in a situation that she has no control over and no memory past two years. This book has to be the best mystery/ adventure of the series. I was caught up in the espionage and wanted to know everything about the families and what was going to happen next. This book is work the listen too, but if you are only i
Amarilli Settantatre
da www.sognipensieriparole.com
IRRESISTIBILE TENTAZIONE
A prescindere dal mio debole per la nota Crossfire Trilogy, secondo me Sylvia Day riesce sempre a scrivere romanzi molto roventi e allo stesso tempo gradevoli nella lettura.

Prendiamo anche questo Don’t tempt me, ambientato nella Parigi del 1757 e del 1780.
Si parte con un prologo intrigante e si salta a vent’anni dopo, nel bel mezzo di una guerra di spie tra Francia ed Inghilterra, con una giovane quanto spietata assassina, un mercenario irl
Chanse Lowell
It was funny to me that book 3 in this series, I was looking forward to the least and absolutely went nuts over. It was the opposite with this one. I absolutely loved Simon in book 2, and couldn't wait to learn more about him and delve into his secrets, but for some reason, this one left me a little flat in the end.

It started out all hot and steamy, and I was really into him, but then the dialogue kind of seemed to fizzle on me. I actually wound up more interested in Lysette's story, rather than
Anna
I'm pretty sure the only reason I'm giving this two stars even if I struggled to get through it without tearing each page into a million pieces is the male character, Simon, who I thought was pretty great.

So get this, after he realizes the confusion between the two twins and gets all hot and bothered with Lynette, he devises this amazingly complicated plan that somehow manages to surprise you and make you think how the actual hell he came up with it in the first place?!

Photobucket

But seriously, I felt lik
Jamie Casey
I am a hard critic. With that being said this is a very well written book that will not leave you disappointed for certain. I only rate it 3 stars because for me, only books that I long to read over and over again get the coveted 4-5 star ratings. Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Another fantastic book from Sylvia Day.

Noteworthy moments and quotes from book:

As her feet were bared, gooseflesh spread across her skin. Simon must have taken note because he paused, his hands cupping the backs of her ca
Sue
Didn't like it as much as I'd hoped. The ending was predictable, and I didn't really connect with the characters as much as I would have liked. Don't know if it was because my attention was split between 3 separate romances, as well as a nefarious plot - I have to assume that was it.

Also, I really hate when 2 characters' names are similar - either that they sound similar (Lynn, Brynn), or have the same first letter and sound (e.g. Duke, Drake), but this book was spectacularly bad for that. The
Nishtha
The second best of the series!
My pinnacle favourite was 'Passion For the game'

The first line of that book

“If all angels of death were as lovely as you, men would line up to die.”

I almost fell in love with that book then, the chemistry was so sizzlingly delicious!

Okay well back to this book!

It was anticipated of Day to be articulate and amazing in her skill to describe a story and she did it with a finesse !
Loved this one!
This series is worth all the time I used to read it.
5 shining stars*****
Mycoton32
16/20
En bref, j'ai encore une fois passé un bon moment dans le monde de l'auteur. Les pages se tournent facilement, j'ai beaucoup aimé le mélange des genres et l'imbroglio dans lequel sont plongés les personnages et qui jouent leurs vies. Ils sont agréables à voir évoluer, on se prend vite d'affection pour eux et l'auteur par des tours dont elle seule connait le secret nous réserve quelques surprises...

✿-Anna-✿
This book SO DID not suck. Got a little mixed up with the twins a couple of time but it was not in a cheese stupid way, the thing that got me was that the girls names were only off by one letter but I'm guessing the author Sylvia Day just wanted us to put ourselves in the book and see how much alike the two women were... lol.

I did think Simon was going to end up with Lysette based on who she was in the other book "A passion for him" but after knowing who she REALLY was it understanding how he e
Rufina
Entretenida

Realmente no se parece mucho a la prosa de la autora. Especialmente en los capítulos finales la trama se vuelve confusa y se hace difícil seguir la historia. El final muy poco convincente y hasta predecible. Estos personajes no llegan a calar y me pregunto si tiene que ver la traducción. En conclusión, no ha llenado mis expectativas.
  • Captain's Price
  • The Promise of Love (Includes: Fast Track, #4.5; Shadow Stalkers, #1)
  • Demon Seed
  • A Midnight Dance (Fiery Tales, #3)
  • Mistress of Pleasure (School of Gallantry #1)
  • Wicked Reads
  • Temptation  & Twilight (The Brethren Guardians, #3)
  • Selfish is the Heart (Order of Solace, #3)
  • The Virgin Huntress (The Devil DeVere #2)
  • The Wrong Suitor
  • Simply Forbidden (House of Pleasure #6)
  • The Duke and the Lady in Red (Scandalous Gentlemen of St. James, #3)
  • Patience (Passion Quartet, #2)
  • Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution, #3)
  • Wild Ride
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Intrusion (Under the Skin, #1)
  • Beyond Seduction (Beyond Duet, #2)
19823
Sylvia Day (aka S. J. Day and Livia Dare) is the #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author of over 20 award-winning novels sold in more than 40 countries. She is a #1 bestselling author in 28 countries, with tens of millions of copies of her books in print. Her Crossfire series has been optioned for television by Lionsgate. Visit her at www.sylviaday.com, Facebook.com/AuthorSylviaD ...more
More about Sylvia Day...

Georgian (4 books)
  • Ask For It (Georgian, #1)
  • Passion for the Game (Georgian, #2)
  • A Passion for Him (Georgian, #3)
Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) Reflected in You (Crossfire, #2) Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3) Captivated by You (Crossfire, #4) Afterburn (After, #1)