Start by marking “Bloodkin (The Maeve’ra, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodkin (The Maeve’ra, #2)

Bloodkin (The Maeve’ra Trilogy #2)

Fans of Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone will love this second book in the Ma'evra trilogy by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes about loyalty, power, and the rules of survival.

Some lines should never be crossed.

Sixteen-year-old Kadee is proud to be a part of the Obsidian guild, whose members refuse to bow to anyone in Midnight-including the vampires who claim to rule this wor
Published April 14th 2015 by Delacorte Press

To ask other readers questions about Bloodkin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodkin

Zoraida
Sep 29, 2015 Zoraida rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yabc-review
"We are what we make outselves, not what others want to make us." ~Kadee Obsidian, Bloodkin.

Amelia Atwater Rhodes weaves a mystery that is subtle, but packs a hard action punch at the end. Kadee is a heroine worth admiring and rooting for.
Jessica (a GREAT read)
With finishing the second installment of Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' latest trilogy, I had hoped to be won over with Bloodkin, but sadly, I was only mildly moved. Amelia still weaves a very detailed world that is interesting, but again, I feel lost somewhere in the execution of everything.

The first thing that threw me just pages in, was Kadee--as this book is told through her point of view, this go around--mentions being fifteen. This threw me at first, because the first word in the description is si
Tanya
Jul 27, 2015 Tanya rated it it was amazing
Most complaints I see is that this book was difficult to follow or get into, but if one had read the D.O.S, Keisha'ra series AND the first installment to this trilogy it wouldn't be so difficult. It took me some time to finish this book mostly because it's summer and I spend most of my days with my partner but I still got engrossed in this book to the point I was disappointed when sleep called to me or when my cell phone died preventing me from continuing on.
Another thing that I keep seeing is t
Brandee Terry
May 04, 2015 Brandee Terry rated it it was ok
I just can't seem to get into this series.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Bloodkin is book two in a series I honestly forgot I had started last year. I had some issues with Bloodwitch, namely in the world-building category and it sort of just faded into the background. However when Bloodkin showed up for review I found myself not hesitating to give the series another shot despite the lackluster introduction. I can say the story improved and I did enjoy it more, but there were still some issues that prevented it from getting higher than a 3 star rating from me.

Bloodkin
B. Jean
Sep 25, 2016 B. Jean rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
I was not impressed by Bloodkin.
Kadee was an uninspiring, boring protagonist. I hate to say that, because I really loved the other shifter books when I was younger, but this is just not good. There's no sense of urgency, and the intrigue is very poor.
While I do like that we're learning about the Obsidian Guild, I can't help but wish it was executed better.
Austin
Jan 15, 2015 Austin rated it really liked it
Bloodkin is written from the viewpoint of Kadee Obsidian who is a member of the notorious Obsidian guild, which is blamed for almost everything bad that happens in every kingdom and empire, especially when it comes to the serpiente people, their rivals. Although the Obsidian guild is often misunderstood, some members of the guild might not be as innocent as they would proclaim and could be hiding their own dark secrets. This is the second book of The Maeve'ra Trilogy and it is an interesting ...more
Racquel
Jul 12, 2015 Racquel rated it liked it
Kelly
May 27, 2015 Kelly rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
I'm left sort of ambivalent after reading this book. I wonder if I should have tried harder to find the first book in the series and read that first before attempting the second. I like to read and this seemed to take forever to slog through. The characters were enjoyable and entertaining enough, but the story took some major turns right before the end that seem to come out of left field. Just when you think you know where the story is going the author hits the reset button. Also, the end didn't ...more
Jaimie
Feb 24, 2016 Jaimie rated it liked it
Like the previous book in this series, Atwater-Rhodes has tried to cram far too much information and narrative into a rather small space. She does it more successfully this time around, but I still found myself shaking my head at the action jumps, compacted plot, and overabundance of story lines. The story is getting far more interesting though, as the focus seems to centre on the Obsidian tribe and the pending war against Midnight, but I think that the book as a whole could have done with far ...more
Alicia
Jun 20, 2015 Alicia rated it liked it
I had a really hard time getting into this one, and did not like it as much as Bloodwitch (which I gave a four). I think in general my least favorite books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes are the ones that primary focus on prophecy. For example, loving every book in the Kiesha'ra Series (the first being my favorite by her and one of my all time favorite books ever) except the last, Wyvernhail.

Maybe because it's been awhile since I read the first, but I felt thrown back into the world too abruptly and j
Jessica Patzer
Dec 17, 2015 Jessica Patzer rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Hayley Tournier
A quick but wonderfully paced read, Bloodkin continues to delve into Midnight's past, placing players where they need to be for Midnight's eventual downfall.

I enjoyed the looks behind the scenes of Midnight's slave trade, the Shantel, and how Pet came to be in the hands of Midnight's trainers.
Marsha
May 08, 2015 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Melanie
Oct 17, 2015 Melanie rated it really liked it
I've been reading this author since In the Forests of the Night, so I'm familiar with the shape shifter/vampire universe Ms. Atwater -Rhodes has built. some of the references I can recall from other books and make the connection of the sakkri sold to Midnight in this volume is the same one Jay rescued in Promises to Keep.
Her work is always a good quick read for me.
Alexandra
Jan 03, 2016 Alexandra rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
Didn't like this as much as the first one. WHY WHY did you switch to Kadee why did you not stay with Vance, I loved Vance!

But I love the world can't wait to pick up the Kiesh.. something series to learn a little bit more about this world.
Courtney
Jan 09, 2016 Courtney rated it liked it
I'm enjoying this adventure inside the world of the original Midnight. When this trilogy ends I am definitely going to reread the Den of Shadows 4 books.
Bonnie Glenn
Bonnie Glenn rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2016
Jessica Vanstokkum
Jessica Vanstokkum rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2015
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2015
Dianna Truong
Dianna Truong rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2014
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it it was ok
Nov 25, 2016
Hunter
Hunter rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2015
Ladydraconix
Ladydraconix rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2015
Priya Sridhar
Priya Sridhar rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2016
Marissa
Marissa rated it really liked it
Aug 30, 2015
Megan Lingo
Megan Lingo rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2015
Victoria
Victoria rated it really liked it
Nov 06, 2016
Lu
Lu rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Elizabeth Sack
Elizabeth Sack rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2016
Abbie Florita
Abbie Florita rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Daughter of Winter (Fairy Queens, #6)
  • Deception's Pawn (Deception's Princess, #2)
  • Gideon Smith and the Mask of the Ripper (Gideon Smith, #3)
  • The Skeleth (The Nethergrim, #2)
  • Forged by Coalescence (Forged, #2)
  • The Conformity (Incarcerado, #3)
  • Fangtastic (Vamped, #3)
  • 666: The Number of the Beast
  • Frail Human Heart (The Name of the Blade, #3)
  • Mindful (Mind's Eye, #2)
  • Temptation
  • Under My Skin (Wildlings, #1)
  • Alien Separation (Katherine "Kitty" Katt, #11)
  • Suck It Up and Die (Suck It Up, #2)
  • Gabriel (The Styclar Saga, #2)
  • Brothers to the Death (The Saga of Larten Crepsley, #4)
  • Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
  • Unchanged (Unremembered, #3)
I grew up in Concord, Massachusetts, where I matriculated through the public Concord-Carlisle school district from kindergarten until my graduation in 2001. The best part of school, from fifth grade until the year I graduated, was definitely chorus. I love music, and I love to sing, and though I never had the courage or the talent to participate in any of the high school plays as a performer, I ...more
More about Amelia Atwater-Rhodes...

The Maeve’ra Trilogy (3 books)
  • Bloodwitch (The Maeve’ra, #1)
  • Bloodtraitor (The Maeve’ra, #3)