Start by marking “Pulse (Collide, #2)” as Want to Read:
Pulse (Collide, #2)

Pulse (Collide #2)

4.30  ·  Rating Details  ·  38,207 Ratings  ·  2,955 Reviews
How do you keep existing when your heart is so splintered, so completely torn to shreds, your pulse is fading?

You’re…broken. How do you move forward when every breath is nothing more than a constant ache? Living becomes an insidious reminder that you threw away the single largest part of yourself. Your…soul. No amount of distraction can pull you from the torture of losing
Published July 9th 2013 (first published 2013)

Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireReal by Katy EvansClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareEntwined with You by Sylvia DayReckless by S.C. Stephens
Best Books Published in 2013
25th out of 3,271 books — 7,122 voters
Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
20th out of 1,455 books — 6,905 voters

More lists with this book...

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Jul 16, 2013 Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads rated it it was amazing
This Review was Posted at Angie's Dreamy Reads!

“A romance that is food for the soul and a love story that is simply unforgettable.” - Angie's Dreamy Reads

Have you ever read a book or series that has seeped so heavily into your veins, your body, your mind that you think of nothing else? A book that has filled every void, every fiber within your heart and soul. A book you could read again and again and again. There are some books that you could never get sick of. Some that the characters come al
Jen
Jul 12, 2013 Jen rated it it was amazing
5 Stars+++++++

This story is about more then a hot character that makes you swoon. This is a story about a broken woman who had the courage to leave an abusive relationship. A woman who finally realizes she's worth more then what she's allowed herself to believe. A woman who decides to risk it all and go after the one thing she really wants. A woman who decides that she deserves to be loved. This is a story about a man who no matter what is thrown at him doesn't give up on the woman he was made t
Teresa Coleman
Ok Gail this book was like no other I've ever read well except for Collide. Lol Gail there aren't enough stars to put on a review to tell u how much Beyond compare of this Beautiful story of Emily & Gavin has touched my very soul Phenomenal doesn't even come close to how much I loved this story of the incredible characters you created that came to life to us readers though your eyes and your writing. I don't think I've ever cried or laughed or felt so emotional after reading a book so As i d ...more
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

3.5 Gavin Lovin' Stars!!!

Firstly I would like to apologize to all my fellow GR friends who thought this book was a 5 star read; sadly for me, it just wasn't...

Since these two seem to LOVE countdown's...
Here's my countdown as to WHY...

One: Dramatics in the start of the book.
Yes Emily told Gavin she's marrying dickward Dillon and Gavin ran away to Mexico to heal his broken heart and threw his phone onto the runway. See the dramatics?

Two: Emily realizes she made the biggest mistake of her life; she
Jennifer Kyle
Jul 11, 2014 Jennifer Kyle rated it it was amazing
It's LIVE! http://www.amazon.com/Pulse-Collide-e...

"Our past is imperfect,

but our future’s breathtaking.”

description

Where to begin? I've been sitting on the knowledge of what was contained inside Pulse for a while now and it has been complete TORTURE not sharing it with the world.

I’ll start at the beginning….I read Collide and was irate with Emily Cooper's actions at the end of the book. I mean really? What the hell? Emily was on my most hated idiot female heroine list right under Keira from Thoughtless
Christy
5 sexy and swoony stars!!!

photo 3a6764d0-6c5b-4e0f-9076-a2763a737c4b_zps6cc2dcc0.jpg

After a killer cliffhanger, and waiting months and months for Pulse to be released, we finally get the conclusion to Gavin and Emily’s story.
‘Do you know how scary it is to want something so bad you’re willing to change your whole life for it?’

Emily met Gavin Blake in ‘Collide’. Emily was already in a relationship, and Gavin was not looking for a relationship, but for some unexplainable reason, they were drawn together. The feelings they had could not be ignored,
Stephanie Palomo
Jul 12, 2013 Stephanie Palomo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-fav
Okay so I'd been waiting for this book what feels like forever and thank god we didn't have to wait till August, cause I swore that's when it was supposed to come out. Was I NOT disappointed, this book was well worth the wait!

There's nail biting on the edge of your seat drama, laughter, douchebaggery, some great wiseass remarks, great ass kicking scenes and awesome lovemaking with and HEA/FEA. Oh and a Chapter that almost made me hurl my damn Nook at the wall, by the way THANKS for that Chapter
Pam
Aug 14, 2013 Pam rated it it was amazing
Sooooooo totally worth the wait!!! Once again, Gavin rocked my world! From sweet bottle cap moments to H-O-T sexy moments, this story had it all! Gail McHugh, you knocked it out of the park with this one!!! Love love loved Pulse! Can't wait to read what you write next ;-)

"Pleeeeeeeease Gail McHugh, write faster!!!! We will personally cook and clean for your family and babysit your kids if we have to, just so you have more free time to write Pulse lol!!! That may have sounded a teensy bit creepy
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo McHughPulse2TitlebySueBee_zps8b67a3b4.jpg
! Pulse (book 2). The conclusion of Emily’s story. Down to one man, but still a roller-coaster of misunderstandings, jealousy, betrayal, lust & an intense against-all-odds love!

“Do you know how scary it is to want something so bad you’re willing to change your whole life for it?”

The triangle in Collide, book 1 has come to an end and a hero has emerged. I recommend you read this series as a set and in order:
BOOK 1 Collide
BOOK 2 Pulse

Collide (book 1) followed Emily Cooper, who had
Mo
Jul 16, 2013 Mo rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS.

GAVIN …

EMILY …

"I’m going to break you, Emily Cooper. I’m going to break you down and slowly build you back up. Second by second, piece by piece, and memory by memory, I’m going to make you realize you’re worth what I’m going to give to you. If I have to open a dictionary every day and make you stare at the word ‘worth’, I’ll do it.”

"I’m pretty sure you were in my dreams before you walked into my life. I felt it the first time I saw you. You pulled at me. Took hold of my heart and never
J *I did it all for the nookie.The book nookie*
So...I didn't HATE it....but I definitely didn't LOVE it.

Mostly I was just....

Once Emily ran to Mexico in search of Gavin...it took like .2 seconds to take her dumb ass back! And then they spent the remainder of the book professing their love for each other...over and over and over again.

Enough already!!! Please! And the stuff they said to each other was at times SO lame and cheesy!!!

And then, as if that wasn't enough....OF COURSE Emily is (view spoiler)
Anna
Jul 13, 2013 Anna rated it really liked it
This book picks up right where COLLIDE left off. I don't know about you but I had a serious case of the ickkkks after that double dip at the end of book 1. So I called for an immediate mental do-over. I was not satisfied!

I loved Gavin. He was perfect. But he was a little too perfect in this book. If that's possible.

Which made me wonder....
Then made me worry....

When I get this spidey sense there's usually a kindle throwing moment at 75%......

You have a heart you wear on your sleeve, and you
~ Becs ~
Well, I think Gail McHugh may have a mean streak hidden in there somewhere. There is an absolute gasp out loud Holy Fuck Moment in this book – I think Gail knew what our reaction to that would be and has had more than her fair share of secret giggles over that one!! Well, Gail – it definitely worked on me!! Colour me shocked!!

Right, back to the story – we rejoin Emily straight after she has walked out on Dillon. She goes straight to Gavin but the man is AWOL. He’s decided to disappear, leaving h
Dee Montoya
Jul 01, 2015 Dee Montoya rated it really liked it
Shelves: h-o-t
****4 Delectable Stars****

This Review is for both Collide and Pulse.

I must admit I like the first book Collide much better than this second one. In the first installment of this duet there was still a mystery factor that kept me enticed throughout the story but by the time Pulse was starting all the masks had fallen and I discovered the true nature of each character. Overall this was a very enjoyable story were Gavin was my favorite protagonist and his delicious Caveman personality won me over.

♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
Feb 20, 2014 ♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥ rated it really liked it
Collide gave us a new book boyfriend, the swoon some and deliciously HOT Gavin It also gave us the cliff hanger from hell!!! I was desperate to get my hands on the sequel!! After much anticipation I was so happy to reconnect with Emily and Gavin and live out their happy ever after. (Well I hoped they would get a hea!)

I love the theme of fate running through this story, the idea that there is someone for everyone, you just have to wait for your paths to cross at the right moment and if you miss
Angela Richardson
Jul 14, 2013 Angela Richardson rated it liked it
3.5 stars. *SPOILERS - READ AT OWN RISK*
After some reflection have bumped up an extra half star purely for GAVIN.

Firstly I want to say my rating is not based on the writing. I LOVE Gail McHugh's writing style and way with words. Its beautiful. Its sexy as hell, and her storytelling skills are superb! Really amazing!
I will read anything she writes.

The reason I gave this one three stars is because I'm the type of girl who doesn't need the fairy tale ending. I don't need a sequel to be wrapped up
Catarina
Okay, give me a moment to breathe.

description

This was so, SOOO, good. I’m not completely recovered yet, so I’ll probably have some trouble doing this review. Mainly, because I have no idea what to say except: awesome.
The book started right after the end of the first, when Emily finally got some sense in his head and left Dillon and gone to fight for Gavin.
She knows that she was stupid and did a lot of things wrong, she knows that Gavin probably won’t take her back, especially when she did a lot mistakes.
Raj
Jul 24, 2013 Raj rated it really liked it
It was good at first, but... I don't know, I kinda got bored with it. it took me more than two weeks to finish it. I want to give it a 3 but...I love the first book, although I didn't enjoy this book as much as the first, still, it's good
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
5 AWESOME STARS FOR STORYLINE.
3 STARS FOR LITERARY ANNOYANCES.

Can I just start out by saying Gavin is perfection, ladies? This man delivers it all.....hot sexy tattooed body hidden by his Armani suit, successful, sweet, a touch arrogant, humorous, and loyal to the end.....swoon.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

My Gavin-
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pulse starts off on the heels of the cliffy we all endured in Collide. Don't read further if you've not read Collide as it has some spoilers. Dillon was a total douche and Emily has walked out on him the eve o
Michelle Turner
Aug 09, 2013 Michelle Turner rated it it was amazing
The anticipation is already killing me , its been two freaking days since i finished the first book, emily and gavin have well and truely imbedded themselves into my heart and sole.
i desperately want them to have their ever after and Dillon, well hmmm i hope he gets his comeuppance ((( the controlling so an so )).

i dont know how the hell im gonna wait until summer. The cliff hanger was and is absolutely immense, ive never been so effected and hooked in all my life of reading books and believe
Becca
Jun 14, 2013 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: blog-tour, trailers
I am one of the lucky ones that received this perfect gift of a book early. OHHH MYYY GAWWDD! This book blew me away! After the ending of Collide I thought that I was going to die...JUST DIE!! And I prepared myself for heartache and pain, angst...lots and lots of angst. And although there is all of the above in this story, it is also a beautiful tale of love, sacrifice and redemption.

I can't say much more than is was AMAZING and I feel more in love with Gavin Blake (you ask how is that even poss
Smitten's Book Blog

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR BOOK #1!!!

Read Collide (Collide #1) review here: http://smittensbookblog.wordpress.com...

Soooooooo good!!!!

Honestly, this series had be completely hooked! I really don't know if I preferred book #1 or book #2. They were both phenomenal and so different.

Whilst Collide was angsty and frustrating, Pulse was heart warming, full of hope, despite the heartache, deliciously sexy and just a total page turner.

Pulse picks up right where Collide ended. We begin with Emily as
K. Bromberg
Oct 12, 2013 K. Bromberg rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars....I get the whole obsession with Gavin now. I didn't in Collide to be honest but how can you not love a man who treats a woman with the utmost respect?
♥Trish♥
Jul 19, 2013 ♥Trish♥ rated it really liked it
Can I just say I looooove Gavin? He is the ultimate book bf - Sweet, sexy, alpha, wiseass, shmexy, swoon-worthy, bottle cap tossing, Yankee lovin bundle of awesomness!

I loved the romance in this book. I truly loved how Gavin picked Em up and never let her forget how much he loves her. He did it not only in word but action. Truly, one of the best book romances ever. Even though at times it was sticky sweet. It just seemed to fit.

Why didn't I give this 5 stars? The Dillon situation, It just didn't
 ♥  Barb ♥
4 HUGE Mr.Schmexy stars

It's been 6 months, 25 weeks, 181 days, 4344 hours, 260,640 minutes, 15,638,400 seconds of waiting for Pulse to come out....

How i was feeling at the end of Collide....
ugly crying photo: Ugly crying Supernatural tumblr_mgcd2dbMKu1rx9rato2_250.gif

*********************************************************

This is the second and final book in the Collide series. I have to be honest....i was completely devasted at the end of Collide. I had no idea it had a cliffhanger...these books need to come with a huge warning label to let us know. So, the 6 months w
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
Jul 14, 2013 Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️ rated it it was amazing
5 Shmexy-Swooning Stars

If you need only one reason to read this series, let me give it to you-
 photo gavin1_zps379f3504.png
 photo image_zps530a8839.jpg

He is PERFECT, ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. He is a man that is so in love, that he will do whatever is necessary to stand by the woman who he loves, Emily. He has enough conviction, love, passion, desire, heart, and sexiness to make you swoon for days, yes, days!!

photo Nina-Dobrev-nina-dobrev-8213695-1024-768_zps3d1a7ab5.jpg

Emily has done a lot of growing up in this book. She spends a lot of time apologizing for not listening to her mind and heart about her prior relat
Ang (Sizzling Pages)
Oct 29, 2013 Ang (Sizzling Pages) rated it it was amazing
For more reviews please visit and join
5 out of 5 Pulsating Stars
description
Oh sweet Gavin, I adore you and your bottle caps.

Gavin is a sexy, intelligent, powerful, cocky, yet gentle soul. Each time he calls Emily “doll” or "sweets", I swoon. What I admired most about Gavin was how he stood firm by Emily's side, even after she totally shattered his heart. All his sugary sweetness gave me a toothache. I craved for him to possess a more alph
Emily
Jul 20, 2013 Emily rated it it was amazing
Pulse:
One: loved loved this book! I couldn't put it Down. Gavin and Emily are perfect. Two: the author had my for a loop in the ending. Had me so sad, tear dropping, page turning and then... Ugh!! Three: ill be going thru Gavin withdrawals for awhile!! Darn Wise ass!!

Collide:

Tick tock.. Tick tock!! Summer cant come soon enough!! Desperate to continue what happens with Emily and Gavin...especially after when she walks away from Dillion the night before her wedding.

Haya ∞Δnother book Junkie∞
5 STARS FILLED WITH HEARTACHE,JOY,AND LOVE
Pulse (Collide, #2) BY Gail McHugh
Genres: Contemporary Romance/Drama/ Erotica

Umm Wow! WOW
There will be miner spoilers in here so if you haven't read Collide so i suggest you don't read this!

After the so surprising, so very shocking ending of Collide, the author Gail McHugh left us hanging.
We all wondered who will Emily Cooper choose?
Well this book isn't really about a choice! the choice has been made at the beginning of the book AGAIN SHOCKING ev
Michelle
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it it was amazing
When I stumbled upon a post on Facebook back in early January of 2013 sharing a post about a new author, my one-click finger took on a mind of its own and suddenly I found myself beginning a little story called Collide.

When I started Collide, I had zero expectations. None.
But when I finished it I was madly in love with a story and with a new book boyfriend named Gavin Blake.

My heart was breaking for a character that was so torn down.
Fighting between the need to hug her and slap her... my heart
Rezension 1 21 Mar 05, 2015 08:45AM
What do you guys think so far of Pulse (; 46 398 Oct 16, 2013 10:17AM
Fifty Shades Supp...: * PULSE (COLLIDE #2) JULY 12 22 168 Jul 21, 2013 11:08AM
....Pulse 4 128 Jul 09, 2013 03:09PM
Wow! Tick Tock.... 4 124 May 13, 2013 01:34PM
  • Restore Me (Wrecked, #2)
  • Beauty from Surrender (Beauty, #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Wethering the Storm (The Storm, #2)
  • Convicted (Consequences, #3)
  • Torn (Connections, #2)
  • Cautious (Disastrous, #2)
  • Bring Me Home (Shattered Hearts, #4)
  • Ambrosia (Book Boyfriend, #2)
  • Worthy of Redemption (Accidentally on Purpose, #2)
  • Conquer Your Love (Surrender Your Love, #2)
  • This Man Confessed (This Man, #3)
  • Shooting Scars (The Artists Trilogy, #2)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Avoiding Temptation (Avoiding, #3)
  • Epilogue (The Dark Duet, #3)
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Incineration (Heart of Stone, #1; NSC Industries, #2)
A self-proclaimed chocoholic, married mother of three, and a lover of writing for as far back as she can remember, Gail McHugh is the author of two New York Times bestselling novels. The COLLIDE series (which includes COLLIDE and PULSE), was acquired by Atria Books on September 17th, 2013.

“The first of two sexy contemporary romances about a woman torn between her seemingly perfect boyfriend and a
More about Gail McHugh...

Collide (2 books)
  • Collide (Collide, #1)

“I can’t promise you it’ll always be sweet and tender because you and I fight hard. But I’m pretty sure it won’t be a horror ride either because you and I love even harder. What I can promise is you’ll always mean more to me than my next breath, and it’ll always be you in my life. No one else.” 92 likes
“We were written for one another, and I wouldn't change one line in our romance novel. The good, the bad, the in between. It's ours. We own it.” 83 likes