Start by marking “Leading Without Authority” as Want to Read:
Leading Without Authority

Leading Without Authority

Many professionals such as Project managers or Product managers are tasked with enormous responsibility while they have no authority over others. Leading in such situations is tough. This book will reveal the skills and know-how that a leader needs to excel.
Published January 17th 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Leading Without Authority, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leading Without Authority

R.E.S. Tidmore
Jun 10, 2015 R.E.S. Tidmore rated it really liked it
Excellent read for wanting to Lead others.
I enjoyed this book. It was easy to understand and had useful information I will use in the future. The section on Identifying Your Motive and Integrity and Purpose were things that could reach beyond the work place and into your personal life. Could be useful to young adults looking to lead and understand what it means to do so.
Grant Leishman
Sep 12, 2016 Grant Leishman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
I don't often get to read much non-fiction, these days, so when the opportunity arises I like to break the cycle of fantasy and imagination, with some good common sense.
Although my days in the corporate world are long behind me, when I was gifted this little, management book by Aditi Chopra, about Leading Without Authority, I was fascinated and very keen to read it.
As a corporate Accountant for much of my professional career, I was almost always in the position of trying to lead various line m
Rob Slaven
Dec 10, 2013 Rob Slaven rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
As usual I received a free Audible.com copy of this book in exchange for a review. Also as usual I give my unbiased opinions below.

To the positive side, this book covers a topic that really needed to be taken on. It's the book for those Project Managers, Product Managers and Sales types that need to show leadership but can't fire you if you don't follow them. Further, the overall outline of this book is a good one covering the various aspects of leadership, identifying your leadership type and h
Larry B Gray
Feb 13, 2013 Larry B Gray rated it it was amazing
Leading Without Authority by Aditi Chopra deals with the obstacles and pit falls faced by leaders who are in a position where they have little or no authority over the people they lead. This is common position which leaders can find themselves in the today’s business environment of team based leadership and projects.

Aditi did a good job of describing the various situations modern leaders find themselves in. She explained the pitfalls and challenges of each.

She explained in detail the various le
A.M. Manay
Sep 05, 2015 A.M. Manay rated it it was amazing
I am a self-employed sole proprietor, and I have never worked within a large corporate structure. I wondered just what I would be able to get out of a book about business leadership. I was pleasantly surprised to find that a lot of the advice was quite applicable to my work as a volunteer in a nonprofit organization. It helped me consider my own leadership style and influence in a situation in which I am considered a leader but have zero actual power over people or decision-making. It gave me ...more
Nanette Day
Aug 29, 2015 Nanette Day rated it really liked it
This book offers a solid introduction to important theories and factors related to leadership. The author uses a down-to-earth writing style that enables the reader to understand the best leadership approach to adopt based on his/her individual characteristics while also offering additional areas for consideration that will help the individual grow and mature as a leader. I particularly liked the chapters on organizational politics and finding a mentor -- two areas that can affect individuals ...more
Eeva Lancaster
Jan 22, 2016 Eeva Lancaster rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-reviewed
After 6 years of working as an Executive Assistant to Corporate Presidents and CEOs, I know what leading without authority feels like. This book can teach leaders who need to manage people that are not their direct reports a thing or two. How do you make people follow and work with you when you have no authority over them? The author will help you analyze your leadership style and share best practices that will serve you well in the corporate world. An informative read.
Aditi Chopra
Jan 21, 2013 Aditi Chopra rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Quite often professionals find themselves in tough situations where unique leadership skills are required to perform the tasks. This book will help leaders excel in such situations.
Devika Primić
Devika Primić rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2014
Joél Steinmann
Joél Steinmann rated it really liked it
Jul 22, 2013
Vivek
Vivek rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2013
MClaudia
MClaudia rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2014
Mostafa Abdella
Mostafa Abdella rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2016
Carmen
Carmen rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Lois
Lois marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Alaina Maxam
Alaina Maxam marked it as to-read
Elizabeth Case
Elizabeth Case marked it as to-read
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Scott Page
Scott Page marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Rebecca Farish
Rebecca Farish marked it as to-read
Karin
Karin marked it as to-read
Carole Anderson
Carole Anderson marked it as to-read
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Matthew
Matthew marked it as to-read
Kathy Stone
Kathy Stone marked it as to-read
Starletta
Starletta marked it as to-read
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Shelley Lee
Shelley Lee marked it as to-read
MD
MD marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Hannah Rayburn
Hannah Rayburn marked it as to-read
Jenny Hamm
Jenny Hamm marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sherrilynn Allsman
Sherrilynn Allsman marked it as to-read
Phil Frix
Phil Frix marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Aditi Chopra was born in India and now lives in Texas with her family. She writes NRI (Non Resident Indian) fiction and non-fiction books.

Aditi has an engineering background but she has found her creative bone in fiction writing. Her stories range from Contemporary Romance to Women's Fiction. You might see a glimpse of Bollywood in her stories and will definitely enjoy the emotional ride.

Aditi foc
More about Aditi Chopra...