Start by marking “The Family Business 2” as Want to Read:
The Family Business 2

The Family Business 2 (A family Business #2)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  794 ratings  ·  129 reviews
In his typical jaw-dropping fashion, Carl Weber returns with part two of his New York Times bestselling Family Business series. He’s brought along a friend in bestselling author Treasure Hernandez, and together they’ve added more drama and new family members to the mix.
Welcome to the world of Duncans. By day they are upstanding citizens running one of New York’s most resp
Published September 1st 2013 by Urban Books (first published August 27th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Family Business 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Family Business 2

Metris
Once again the Duncan Family did not disappointment me or each other…. They are real family with such a love hate relationship; .They will do and/or say whatever to each other but in the end they have an unbreakable bond.
Maya B
A lot of talking but not a whole lot going on. Not as much action like the first book. This was a very slow read for me. I kept feeling like I was waiting for something to happen and it just never got there. Did not pick up until the end.
Amarra A.
It was good, but the ending left me a little disappointed. I'm also not excited about the Paris focussed book, BUT can't wait for Family Business 3!!!!
Terri Letcher-smithson
Can't tell you how excited I was when this book came out. Finished it in two days and I can't wait for the next one!
Kimberly
I liked the first book more than this one.
Lisa Moulton
This novel was pretty good. I felt like a lot of the questions from the first book still have not been answered and it did kind of read like a soap opera at times. A lot of bickering between the siblings, and cousins, the mother and father being in the business so long seemed to really be disconnected in this novel. I hope that the next novel connects the dots and that Carl will pull everything together. Sequels are okay but at some point you have to move on and I think once the 3rd installment ...more
Adrianne Miller
Carl Weber has done it once again. I absolutely loved The Family Business so I was really excited to hear about there being a part two. I loved how this book had a little bit of everything, action, suspense, romance, and lets not forget about the drama! Paris is a trip! I loved Sasha she made a great portion of this book and i look forward to seeing more of her in the next book. Speaking of the next book....Im so EXCITED fall 2014 cant come soon enough but i cant wait to read To Paris With love ...more
Lyn
Absolutely good read. This my third book by Carl Weber. Wow. Can not wait for book three.
Book Chic
As a precursor I'd like to say that I've read and enjoyed a lot of Carl Weber material. When I read his books I expect a certain "thing" and what that is I cannot define so when I read The Family Business book 1 I was amazed at what he'd done. I mean he had gone in a completely different direction and I liked it because it still had that Carl Weber feel yet with a little bit of edge. The Family Business 1 to me was by far one of his best projects. So when I picked up book 2, I had an expectation ...more
Monique
Whew just left a book club talking about another book I read and came home to record this review on this book I finished early this morning...So part two of the Family Business and I cant lie I liked this one better than the first one..It read really fast, gave me more character, didn't really go into my man Rio more(sad face) but answered a lot of questions while raising new ones and it still had that same Ghetto cliché hood lit feel but wasn't as predictable and had some new twists involved..I ...more
Tim
Fairly decent yarn of family involved in illegal activities. Except for a few highly predictable situations and one implausible one, the story is alright with one major exception that has to do with a child. 5 of 10 stars
Dave B.
This sequel was very entertaining and there was something about the pace of the book that kept my attention the entire time. I read this story in a couple of days. The Duncan family is fun and complex, this story has the makings of a great mini-series. The only thing that I didn’t like was the limited information on Vegas and the way that Paris reacted to Sasha. Overall the reader won’t find too much of a story plot here. The book centers around the development of a new drug, HEAT, and its impac ...more
Lashonta
after reading mixed reviews I wasn't sure if I wanted to read part 2. this book was great and I couldn't put it down. I cant wait for part 3 Vegas is coming back!! there were a lot of unanswered questions in regards to Orlando and his life and JR and his new girlfriend who is married.. I loved Chippy the mom she was quiet in the first book in part 2 she had a voice and used it.excellent read.
Amanda King
I am so crazy in love with these books! Where do I even begin?!?!?! OMG! During the first book, I had my favorite characters and of course I have some more favs but they’ve pretty much switched up this time around. I did like Paris until she had that baby. I was understand she was so much into her life & loved it but once she became a mother, that motherly instinct didn’t set in but I think that made her character that much more real because she really didn’t want to leave her old life behin ...more
Carla
I had been highly anticipating " Family Business 2" since reading part one last year and I must say that I was not disappointed. Carl Weber has done it again. "The Family Business 2" was full of everything I wanted and more. Can't wait for "To Paris with Love" or "The Return of Vegas"! 5 stars
Teaguem2005
Aaah, the curse of the sequel. This follow-up doesn't quite have the same kick as the original. There's lots of drama and this version stands on its own. Back is the entire Duncan clan. Both Paris and London have their babies and the real Chippy steps up.
Denean
I loved this book ..Even better than the first !!!! Can't wait to read the 3rd :) but not till fall if 2014 I really don't want to wait a year :( .... Really enjoy the Family Business series !!!!!
Michelle
Just finished and I really enjoyed it. A lot of twist and turns. I can't wait for the final (I hope the final) book to come our next year. Carl a Weber you've done it again!!
Felisa
Carl Weber has done it again! Excellent read can't wait for FB3 the return of Vegas. But for you Carl Weber fans FB series is nothing like his other novels but just as enjoyable.
Sonia
YES YES YES I LOVED THE ENDING IM EXCITED 2014 CANT COME FAST ENOUGH MY MAN IS. GOING HOME ALL HELL IS DEFINITELY. GOING TO BREAK LOOSE..
Mirrlees
Good read Carl weber did his thing...can't wait for part 3 to see what Vegas and paris up too.
Natasha Hall
Good but....... Not as good as part 1. Hope part 3 is #turnt up!
K. Davis
Off the chain. Can't wait to read part III.
Arzella
I don't think you could get better than this novel. If this is your first Urban fiction novel, you would be hooked. I wish someone would have put me on this as my first foray into the Urban fiction genre. I would have read 100 more by now. I just hope Mr. Weber is somewhere writing numbers 3 and 4. At least I have To Paris with Love to hep with the wait.
Diane Rembert
The Duncan family is back! We are introduced to a few new members, and reminded of old enemies. Each member has their personal drama, but as a whole, they come together for the family. There is a lot of action and the ending will leave you hungry for more. Whatcha gonna dooo...when Vegas comes home to rule!
This series is excellent and should be read by every avid reader!
Suzette Salmon
For real though Carl? How can you end a book and leave the reader breathless? I can't wait for book 3 which comes out December 2014. Excellent read, however make sure you read Family Business 1 so that you are really familiar with the whole family. Highly recommended.
Gwen Fleming
I enjoyed reading this book. It was a good compliment to Family Business 1. The third book in the saga, To Paris with Love was a great read as well. I'm looking forward to the fall when the next book in the series is released.
Good job, Carl Weber. Good job.
Debra Odom
The first book took you by surprise. I thought that the Duncans were actually running a legit business. In this book you know exactly who the characters are. This book is an easy read and I could not put the book down.
Francoise Crowell
EXCELLENT...can't wait for the next one! Carl Weber is an expert at keeping your interest and throwing in twists and turns that keep you intrigued and guessing what comes next! Would recommend all of his titles.
Sheryl Boyce
The 2nd book was good like the 1st! The Duncan family is not a family to be messed with. LC,the father is not to be played with but in this book you find out that you better not sleep on the moma either when it comes to her children. The youngest son thinks he has invented the next best thing to crack to make the family billions but it may not be so. It has caused people to die before he gets it out and running good in the drug world,and not from it's users. Even a family member is killed behind ...more
  • A House Divided (Reverend Curtis Black, #10)
  • The Secret She Kept
  • All Up In My Business
  • Gangsta Divas
  • Dirty Rotten Liar
  • Don't Tell a Soul
  • The Black Dahlia (Murderville, #3)
  • Scandals
  • Lost Daughters
Carl Weber is a New York Times and #1 Essence® bestselling novelist.

In addition to his writing, Weber is the founder and publisher of Urban Books and in 2005, he was named Blackboard's Publisher of the Year. He is the owner of the Urban Knowledge chain of book stores and a past recipient of Blackboard's Bookseller of the Year award.

Weber graduated from Virginia State University and holds an MBA in
More about Carl Weber...
Baby Momma Drama The First Lady She Ain't The One Something On the Side Married Men