Start by marking “Chanakya's New Manifesto to Resolve the Crisis within India” as Want to Read:
Chanakya's New Manifesto to Resolve the Crisis within India

Chanakya's New Manifesto to Resolve the Crisis within India

Chanakya (c. 270-380 BCE) was classical India's greatest thinker and teacher. Through his unparalleled ability to devise result-oriented military, political, and administrative strategy, he overthrew one king, crowned another and paved the way for the establishment of India's first great empire. His seminal work, the Arthashashtra, arguably the world's first comprehensive ...more
Published 2013 by Aleph

Ankita
Feb 26, 2013 Ankita rated it really liked it
This is not a book one would read over night and forget but a book that is to 'Think & Ponder', 'Understand & contemplate', 'Debate & discuss' and most importantly act upon it as it proposes a well analyzed comprehensive blueprint for mostly systemic changes India desperately needs to not just become a superpower but to survive as well.

"The crisis is Systemic and, therefore, it needs a systemic response." -- Page 31

Our humble author Pavan K. Verma has clarified that the blueprint is
Deepak
Feb 25, 2013 Deepak rated it liked it
Just finished reading ‘Chanakya’s New Manifesto’ authored by Pavan K. Varma.
A very contemporary and relevant book on the state of affairs in India today. It is an insider’s view and opinion on the various ills that the country is facing with respect to Governance, Democracy, Corruption, Security and Building an inclusive society.
Pavan Varma has been press secretary to the President of India, official spokesman of the Foreign Office, Director General of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations
Anil Swarup
Feb 18, 2013 Anil Swarup rated it really liked it
A simple yet amazing reality check. The analyses is realistic as is the prescription. A lot if it is eminently "do-able". The key is : who would do it? Needles to say that it needs to be done and probably will be done......in the ineterest of this country and its people.
Aruna Kumar Gadepalli
Probably one interesting book on current Indian scenario and the need to do things in one book. The author claims this to be only a blue print which is debatable. I really enjoyed reading this book. I honestly feel all Indians need to think on this lines to make it India what is worthy of it.
Maliny Mohan
Feb 20, 2013 Maliny Mohan rated it really liked it
To read the complete review visit http://www.malinymohan.com/2013/02/ch...

The Essence :

It would not be a tad bit ornamental if i say in affirmative that by authoring his latest book ' Chanakya's New Manifesto ' , Pavan . K . Varma has added one more golden feather to his already sparkling plumage . To brief the book in one word - Sensational ! . Let me explain the reason in detail .

The blurb highlights the pulp of the content using simple yet striking array of words , which inturn engraves th
Sathish
Nov 18, 2016 Sathish rated it it was ok
Totally deceiving Title !!!

"Chanakya", this name was the sole reason I purchased this book but I ended up being more angry then disappointed.

The author Pawan K. Varma's views of the conflicts & problems plaguing India are laudable but it offered nothing new or hardly gives any revolutionary ideas.

We have read or heard these arguments many times over.

Having read "Arthashastra", this book was a colossal disappointment. I sincerely hoped this book would elaborate more on Chanakya's principles &
Anjan Roy
May 06, 2013 Anjan Roy rated it really liked it
Introduction:

Whatever state we are in at present has a direct incentive of our past performance, our present actions based on the correlative implication of our past and present and our future implementation and execution of goals considering all the three timelines taken into prospective. This isn’t a book to read in a single sitting and grasp everything out of it. It’s meted out of sincere efforts put up to bring out the real scenario of the country with summoned realistic counsels to overcome
Locomente
Mother India was raped by innumerous invaders over several decades. Later she was freed from their clutches after mercilessly ripping her apart. It gifted her not only pain but also a never fading scar and ever multiplying disease, in the name of wars and terrorist attacks.

Then, Mother India suffered relentlessly only to be further slaughtered by her own children. Greed for money and exploitation by the powerful became her misery. Known for her patience, she went through it without complaining;
Jaideep Khanduja
Feb 25, 2013 Jaideep Khanduja rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013

Book Review: Chankyas New Manifesto: A Golden Guidebook On Statecraft

If you are a blogger and are not connected to Blogadda, you are definitely missing out something important. This book came to me as a part of their book reviews program. Whichever part of the world you belong to, if you love your country, probably giving this book a try will be a good effort in many ways. The way author Pavan K. Varma has written this book Chanakya's New Manifesto to reso
Ananth Awasthi
Mar 06, 2013 Ananth Awasthi rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
Chanakya’s New Manifesto is a must read for young Indian readers, who can see the bare truth behind shining India campaigns. It gives true and statistical accounts of current Indian state by bringing several facts and statistics together, published in newspapers, which will be a bit tough to find over web.

It is a must read for the people of India or to say for Indian youngsters, who wants to bring a positive and drastic changes in India. It tells a statistical & factual story of current Indi
Amit Gupta
Jun 15, 2015 Amit Gupta rated it liked it
Former diplomat-turned writer, poet and now budding politician Pavan Kumar Varma adds to existing repertoire with his formidable collection of India volumes like "Ghalib: The Man, The Times", "Krishna: The Playful Divine", "The Great Indian Middle Class", "Being Indian: The Truth About Why the 21st Century Will be India's", "Becoming Indian: The Unfinished Revolution and Culture and Identity" and "When Loss is Gain". Varma's new book, "Chanakya's New Manifesto: To Resolve Crisis Within India", ...more
Deepak Nare
Mar 02, 2013 Deepak Nare rated it really liked it
A lot has been written over Chanakya, supposedly India’s first politician. From a fictionalized version of his life and work, as in Chanakya’s Chants; to an attempted biography by Igen. I used the word ‘attempted’ as no reliable documented source is present to verify the early life of Chanakya. Where some writers present him as a cruel politician, some adores his intellect and write books giving out examples from his life to improve your business strategies or to make you a good leader, as in ...more
Paromita Bardoloi
Jun 16, 2013 Paromita Bardoloi rated it really liked it
The book is dedicated as “For the people of India whose tryst with destiny remains incomplete, but who will wait no more.” True to its dedication this book takes the readers through the past glories, failures of the present government and above all provides a blue print to a glorious future. Varma uses the voice of Chanakya one of the greatest thinker and teacher India ever had. Chanakya’s work on state and welfare “Arthashastra,” was written approximately two thousand years before Machiavelli's ...more
Agnivo
Mar 01, 2013 Agnivo rated it liked it
Ace writer Pavan K Varma tries to find the answers to India’s current problems in the Arthashastra. There is a popular misconception that Arthashastra, conceived by Kautilya (or Chanakya, the advisor to great Mauryan King Chadragupta), deals only with economic policies. But as the author argues, the book is a treasure trove of governance and politics.

Pavan K Varma, after a brief description of the crisis at home, takes up areas that need immediate attention and fixing and goes on to list out the
Anshul Goel
Dec 18, 2013 Anshul Goel rated it really liked it
Well, I was transported to an ideal world while I was reading this master piece from Pavan Varma. He comes across as a bureaucrat who knows his subject really well and have put in a lot of research in his thought process.

The books talks about the problem that our nation has faced since independence or is facing on a daily basis - governance, democracy, corruption, security and inclusive society. He has given a detailed account of the shortcomings that have precluded us to reach where we should
Abhinav Shrivastava
Mar 07, 2013 Abhinav Shrivastava rated it liked it
If I have to put the review of the book in one sentence I would say that the book is very well written and good yet so boring that if you are not interested in Indian politics or are fed up of listening “what’s wrong with India”, this book will bore you to death.

Certainly this book is not for everyone, probably it can be part of an academic text-book/guide.

The author could have made this entire book more interesting in many ways rather than serving it so bland that readers have so hard time fini
Hrishikesh
Jan 21, 2014 Hrishikesh rated it really liked it
Incredible book. One of the best that I have come across.

The reason why I give it 4 stars, and not 5 is that there are quite a few ideas that I have encountered before. But that does not take away from the excellence and depth this book provides.

In my opinion, this is a one-stop location for discussing modern India's problems and various solutions to it. It has been one of the most profound books on governance that I have come across (it is ironic that I finished reading it today; a day when a p
Hemantkumar Jain
Feb 21, 2013 Hemantkumar Jain rated it liked it
Chanakya’s New Manifesto is about solving the current problems plaguing the country with help from age old concepts and core principles prescribed by Chanakya.

The author does a decent job of identifying the problems which India, as a country, is facing now and also makes an attempt at understanding the source of the problems. As an ordinary citizen of India, I was able to closely identify with the problems and the source of the problems.

As a learned Politician, Administrator or Academician; I
Palash Bansal
Dec 13, 2014 Palash Bansal rated it liked it
Shelves: india-general
I was not really satisfied with the title of the book after going through it. Anyone who has been reading about the social and political turbulence of India will be able to present similar suggestions as presented in the book. The point that's most important and challenging is the feasibility of these suggestions and the way they can be implemented.
Undoubtedly some suggestions are worth taking into account. but majority of the suggestions are politically not feasible and the need is to form a c
Priti
Feb 15, 2014 Priti rated it liked it
this book gives an important insight on the changes that needs to be brought abt in our country w.r.t few imp aspects lik corruption, security,etc. it is supposedly based on Chanayaka's arthasashtra due to wic i nw have a wish to read the arthasashtra... the author has actually done a lot research on the prevaling conditions with the facts and figures in place and made the ideal suggestion... it these are praticsed and implemented India would no longer fight these issues with itself.. hope such ...more
Umesh Kesavan
Jul 15, 2014 Umesh Kesavan rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, politics
A to-do list to resurrect Indian governance and polity from it's recent inactivity. Rather than mouthing formalities, the author has researched thoroughly to present ideas for a better India in the realms of electoral politics,governance,corruption,security and inclusive growth. The one thing I could not agree was his overt hostile stances on certain foreign policy issues. But not for nothing is this a Chanakya's manifesto. A must read for those at the helm of governance.
Ashwath
Feb 14, 2013 Ashwath rated it liked it
Shelves: india
the book is good overall. it lists out most of India's problems and provides possible solutions. the book is brutally honest and can be very good for people who are out of touch with the situation of India as it stands today.
Anil
Jan 10, 2016 Anil added it
Very thought provoking book. Especially liked the section on Security, where the author talks about the real threats and how other countries would have reacted to the kind of terrorism that India has gone through. Very eye opening.
Samarpita
Feb 20, 2013 Samarpita rated it really liked it
#BookReview: Chanakya’s New Manifesto by Pavan K Varma http://sankshvet.blogspot.in/2013/02/...
Prateek
Sep 05, 2015 Prateek rated it it was ok
Overall not great. Same cliches about indian evolution and revolution talked about a zillion times in books. Nothing new.
ANKIT KUMAR
ANKIT KUMAR rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2015
Bhaskar kumar
Bhaskar kumar rated it really liked it
Sep 09, 2016
Rajesh Achanta
Rajesh Achanta rated it liked it
Sep 21, 2013
Jay Shah
Jay Shah rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2014
Ranjana
Ranjana rated it liked it
Oct 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • INDIA’S TRYST WITH DESTINY - DEBUNKING MYTHS THAT UNDERMINE PROGRESS AND ADDRESSING NEW CHALLENGES
  • Indian Controversies ; Essays On Religion In Politics
  • R.I.P
  • Makers of Modern Asia
  • Our Parliament
  • Complete/Convenient
  • Facets of Indian Culture
  • Baramulla Bomber
  • Asoka and the Decline of the Mauryas
  • Strangers In The Mist: Tales Of War And Peace From India's Northeast. Revised Edition
  • History of the World: From the Late Nineteenth to the Early Twenty-First Century
  • Modern India, 1885 1947
  • The Homing Pigeons...
  • This Is All I Have To Say
  • The Virgins
  • Reignited: Scientific Pathways to a Brighter Future
  • A History of India: Volume 2: From the 16th Century to the 20th Century
  • The Agrarian System of Mughal India 1556-1707

Goodreads is hiring!

If you like books and love to build cool products, we may be looking for you.
Learn more »