Start by marking “Shattered Hopes: The Failure Of Obama's Middle East Peace Process” as Want to Read:
Shattered Hopes: The Failure Of Obama's Middle East Peace Process

Shattered Hopes: The Failure Of Obama's Middle East Peace Process

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  5 reviews
President Barack Obama's first trip abroad in his second term took him to Israel and the Palestinian West Bank, where he despondently admitted to those waiting for words of encouragement, “It is a hard slog to work through all of these issues.” Contrast this gloomy assessment with Obama’s optimism on the second day of his first term, when he appointed former Senate Majorit ...more
Published September 10th 2013 by Verso

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Hopes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Hopes

Anna Cain
Dear Josh (I presume I can call you Josh),

I sometimes wonder why I bother with this book reviewing hobby. After all, why does anyone care what I have to say about "Jane Eyre?" However, "Shattered Hopes" is a perfect example of why we Goodreaders write full-length essays directed at the void of the Internet.

Josh, you can count me 100% on your side. I am a student human rights activist, and I enjoyed meeting you after a lecture a few weeks ago. I consider the treatment of Palestinians one of the
Maryc
Brilliant analysis of Obama's continuation of America's FAILED policy-which has helped to finance, support, and perpetuate the brutal military occupation of Palestine by Israel.

Andrew
Lots of good information and I mostly agree with his points. But it was somewhat of a boring read. Anyone who is interested in the premise if the book but doesn't know much background is going to have a rough time with it IMO. I started it in the fall and put it down after 70 pages. Waited til winter to pick it up again.
Arabvoicesspeak Jarrah
A great read and had the author on our live radio show talk about it.
Jean
A thought-provoking book that gives the reader a Palestinian view of the US posture regarding the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This book can puzzle you, make you angry, break your heart as the author reveals the overwhelming odds against resolution.
Jon
Jon added it
Nov 19, 2014
Steven
Steven marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2014
Aliyah
Aliyah marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Liliana
Liliana marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Zemblance
Zemblance marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Naji
Naji marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Nasser
Nasser marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Ahmed Raafat
Ahmed Raafat marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2014
Amin Medjabra
Amin Medjabra marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Desiree Fairooz
Desiree Fairooz marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Abdulwahab
Abdulwahab marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
T Hamboyan Harrison
T Hamboyan Harrison marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
Macharia
Macharia marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2013
Hamza
Hamza marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2013
Marc
Marc marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2013
Shattered Hopes Shattered Hopes: Obama's Failure to Broker Israeli-Palestinian Peace