Start by marking “Reasons Mommy Drinks” as Want to Read:
Reasons Mommy Drinks

Reasons Mommy Drinks

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  40 reviews
A wickedly funny look at the challenges of new parenthood.

With cocktail recipes.

Being a new mom is “AHHHH! WHAT HAVE I DONE?” hard. Why are all these tiny clothes so expensive? Who wrote these mind-numbing board books? Will Mommy ever carry a purse again that’s not a diaper bag? And how is she even functioning off so little sleep?

Reasons Mommy Drinks is a fresh, insightf
Published September 10th 2013 by Three Rivers Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Reasons Mommy Drinks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reasons Mommy Drinks

Desiree
Drinks to Motherhood

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Reasons Mommy Drinks is a short, cute funny read with loads of alcoholic and non alcoholic recipes to advise the various situations where a new mother may call for a necessary drink(s) every now and then.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here are just a few reasons alone to toss one back to;

Labor

Shitty diapers

Lack of sleep
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The end of maternity leave
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I won this book via GR giveaway
Amanda
As the mother of an 8 year old with another on the way, I related to most of this book. I'm a stay-at-home mother instead of a working mother, but during my first pregnancy I was around plenty at work so I heartily sympathized with the post-maternity job frustrations. The irritation over nutty grandparents, nagging about "when will you have another" and the overall destruction and chaos of the home are pretty much spot on and made me laugh because it come across as so crazy, you couldn't believe ...more
My mom gave this to me, and I didn't read it for a while because I thought it was going to be cheesy. I had put it by the glider in the nursery, and one night while I was nursing Andrew, I picked it up. It immediately became my favorite part of the nighttime routine. (Least favorite: bath time when Joe is out of town. What is it with all these baby websites that insist that baths be part of the nighttime routine, gently but consistently enough to make me feel sure that I should be doing it, rega ...more
Kristen Henderson
An easy lighthearted read about motherhood that is made even more funny when your actually up at four am reading it while nursing your little one.
Mandie Pottery
This book is hilarious, and cleverly addresses the concerns we all face, although rarely discuss, when becoming new mommy's. Have tried a few of the tasty drink recipes, and can't wait to try the rest! Perfect for the new mom, who only gets a few minutes at a time. A short, but sweet read. Thanks for the giveaway Goodreads; I hope these ladies write a sequel!
Margaret Heller
This was cute, but Mommy and Daddy in this book are kind of a pain themselves. I feel like maybe this is something to read after the baby is already here and you are sleep deprived.
Random House of Canada
This hilarious tongue in cheek book is based on the hugely popular blog. As a new-ish mom, the situations they write about are too-true-to-life and the cocktail recipes are awesome! ~ Jess
Tasha-Lynn
Very entertaining/terrifying :) Loved it!
Jim
my copy is the advanced reader, i hope the "real" book didn't have writing so tiny it needed a magnifying glass.

short essays for the new mother, w/drink suggestion and recipe according to the situation, for instance home renovations, level 3(of 5?) need a screwdriver and the essay about working from home reccommends a "carrer suicide" - rum, tequila, 7-up, orange juice and grenadine.

from the essay "your first haircut"; "Mommy considered taking matters into her own hands until Daddy pointed out t
Megan Young
HILARIOUS!!!! Great easy to read antidotes that made me laugh out loud at times and completely agree with the craziness of parenting at others. A must read for new and not so new mamas out there!
Jamie
This is a fun little read. For new parents, experienced parents, or those of you that might some day wan to be parents - this is a fun and honest look at what parenting can really be like. In addition to the funny stories, you get 100 cocktail recipes to boot! ; )
Jen Cowin
Every word is true and HILARIOUS.
I wish they'd write another one!
An epic Christmas gift from my husband.
Haven't tried any of the drink recipes but they look great!
April Suter
A cute little book my husband gave me for Christmas. Short little stories about motherhood and a few recipes.
Jenna Combe
Super funny, makes me want to become an alcoholic--or at least learn how to mix a mean cocktail!!
Denise Berube
This book was a laugh out loud funny read, that I was definitely able to relate to as a mother.
Kris Kipp
101 situations that new mommy's face that might drive them to want to drink, each with a recipe for a drink that is perfectly suited to the situation. Each blurb is short and independent making this book very easy to read if you only have a few minutes to read here and there. I found the writing to be way over the top but I was still able to relate to it and found myself laughing out loud on more than one occasion. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that not all of the recipes are alcoholic ...more
Rachel Mielke
This book is amazing. I laughed SO hard. Seriously, this author and I should be BFFs.
Kristen
This was an exceptionally fun read. It was so raw and honest. It was absolutely hilarious and frequently had me laughing aloud. I am not even a parent yet I adored this novel! I would recommend this novel to ALL new parents. It would make a perfect baby shower gift. I also appreciated how this book was written by Torontonians (people from Toronto) and was from a female and Canadian perspective. It made it that much more relable for me.
Richard Friedman
I won this book via Giveaway- Don't let stop you from believing the good review. How can you not like a woman with a sense of humor? Now throw in recipes to make a few tasty cocktails and you have a winner. This would be a great gift for any mom. I remember when my wife was pregnant and we received three copies of "what to expect when you're expecting". This should be the book that new mothers should get instead! Well done ladies!
Jessica
I was so excited to win this through Goodreads's Giveaways!

This book was so fun, and it was very easy to read. I'm not a mom, but it gave me a whole new respect for what mom's do and it gave me a new appreciation for my "single life". I'll be sure to show my mom more appreciation, and I plan on giving copies as gifts for the upcoming holidays. I highly recommend if your looking for some laughs and great drink ideas.
Rachael
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads. I LOVED it! A quick, witty and current read. I have a 12 month old and can definitely relate to many of the stories/ scenarios. There is some well-timed and hilarious profanity in addition to the cocktail recipes. I'm not much of a cocktail drinker, but there were several recipes that I'd love to try.
Rowlak5
Adorable breeze of a book that cracked me up. The perfect light-hearted little gift for a new mom with a sense of humor and who enjoys a good cocktail now and again. No plot. No story development. Simply a fun little mixture of short thoughts on motherhood and cocktail recipes that humorously match each one.
Phyllis Herrick
Sep 10, 2013 Phyllis Herrick marked it as to-read
I won this book, and just finished it last week, I thought it was hilarious, I loved the drink recipes and laughed so hard at the reasons to drink. I would like a book about reasons to drink in general, with recipes, such as miserable Mondays mango madness with coconut rum. Funny book worth reading.
Charity
So far the funniest of the "real mommy" books I've read. You don't HAVE to be a drinker to enjoy it, but for every snippet of real life, there is a drink recipe to try.

Also - the "chapters are only 1/2 to 1 page each, great for a busy mom to read.
May
Jan 08, 2014 May rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2014
Blah. Depressing. Not funny at all.
Elissa
Sep 06, 2013 Elissa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: new moms
A great book for new moms! My children are teenagers now, but this book had me laughing at the memories of them when they were babies. The format is great for busy, new moms; perfect to carry in a diaper bag! Looking forward to a toddler years sequel.
Julie
Witty, clever, and more current than I expected. This is a light-hearted, laugh out loud kind of book. Can't wait to try a few of the cocktails!
Bryar Downs
This was a very easy and enjoyable book to read. I could relate to many of the things she was talking about. I would recommend this book to anyone who is even thinking about have a baby or for that matter already has a baby.
Lance Gettler
Aug 23, 2013 Lance Gettler rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women, mothers, mothers to be
Recommended to Lance by: I was sent a review copy
A funny quick read that is broken into short snippets with cocktail recipes in between. The format makes it easy to pick up and read for a few minutes at a time. I think mothers and mothers to be will enjoy this.
Elizabeth
A very short look at some of the terrors associated with being a mom, and some drinks to accompany them. Parts had me laughing till I was crying, other bits were less entertaining. Overall an enjoyable and quick read!
  • The Dark Path: A Memoir
  • Mommies Who Drink: Sex, Drugs, and Other Distant Memories of an Ordinary Mom
  • My Journey
  • Sh*tty Mom: The Parenting Guide for the Rest of Us
  • The Sh!t No One Tells You: A Guide to Surviving Your Baby's First Year
  • Listen to the Squawking Chicken: When Mother Knows Best, What's a Daughter To Do? A Memoir (Sort Of)
  • Drunk Mom
  • Ketchup Is a Vegetable: And Other Lies Moms Tell Themselves
  • Pretending You Care: The Retail Employee Handbook
  • The Modern Girl's Guide to Motherhood
  • A Family by Any Other Name: Exploring Queer Relationships
  • Good Riddance: An Illustrated Memoir of Divorce
  • What Caesar Did for My Salad: The Curious Stories Behind Our Favorite Foods
  • Bad Bridesmaid: Bachelorette Brawls and Taffeta Tantrums--Tales from the Front Lines