Start by marking “Resurrected (Adam Wolf Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
Resurrected (Adam Wolf Thriller, #1)

Resurrected (Adam Wolf Thriller #1)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  32 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When Adam Wolf retires from a killer career (one that Uncle Sam would deny existed) and resurrects himself as an author of young adult books, he soon discovers that no way in hell is the pen mightier than the sword; not when the mob slaps a verbal contract on your head.

Moments after reluctantly snuffing his 60th birthday candle, Wolf witnesses the snuffing of an ace crime
ebook
Published January 19th 2013 by Stephen Trotter (first published May 19th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Resurrected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resurrected

Lynne King
Update:

"Resurrected" was my favourite thriller in 2012 and it is definitely one of my favourite books. When I browsed through it again this morning, I kept on wondering how this author could have had such a wonderful imagination in which to write this book. He deserves to be at the top of the best seller lists everywhere.

* * * * * * *

I have just finished reading this wonderful book and the minute I did my husband John grabbed it from me. This is a very fast moving book about Adam Wolf a retired
Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost Whisper
Resurrected: An Adam Wolf Thriller
by Steve Trotter

(*Note: For this book, I’ve switched from my usual scale, which basically runs from 1-4 and allows me to give a 5 to things for reasons of my own. I’ll use the same standard 5 is the top, 1 is the bottom. This is so I can also post on Amazon.com with an identical review. My usual rating system, while it works for describing and debating books, isn’t universally translatable, and, to be fair, I don’t want to plug a star rating in that ultimately l
Jim
It was a solid 4 star read up to the halfway point & then started to go over the top for me. I'm still giving it 4 stars because it kept me reading, but I don't think a second book would. I kept expecting the hero would have real issues to deal with, but in the second half, he didn't. Too many helpers with just the right talents & plenty of equipment. If another book does that, I might even drop it to 2 stars.

I like the author's writing style. He's short on words, but uses them to good e
Rachel
When I first looked at the cover of this book, I thought it might be a little too gritty for me, but I really enjoyed this book. I love that the lead character Adam Wolf turns 60 at the beginning, as I feel that too many male characters are fresh, baby faced ninja types. Adam is gritty, well worn, sharp as a tack and enthralling to follow as the story unfolds. The style of Trotter's writing reminded me somewhat of James Patterson, but Trotter adds an extra edge with a cynical thread woven throug ...more
Sharon Michael
Very entertaining fast paced action/adventure with a retired black ops agent as the main character. The story charges along at breakneck speed, combining good cops, bad cops, the mob and bikers along with with a very sly tongue in cheek humor at times.

My only criticism is personal. I tend to be a very character driven reader and while the pace and action sequences probably rated 5 stars, I would have liked more depth in the primary characters. The female 'love interest' in the main character's l
Jim Crocker
This is one heck of a read. Fast-paced and funny, too. I'm loving it! Jump right on this one before they're all gone. I pressed the [BUY ME] button before finishing the sample and I wasn't disappointed. It was a great read.

Steve says the sequel is on it's way. So get started now. I'm betting it will be out before Christmas.
Keith
Aug 18, 2012 Keith rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Keith by: got through |Goodreads Giveaway
Shelves: thriller
'Resurrected' was an enjoyable and fast paced read. The story's hero, Adam Wolf, has reached that magic age of 60. On his 60th birthday, his girlfriend takes him out to a restaurent to celebrate. He witnesses the slaying of a crime reporter while he is in the restaurant. Adam sees the shooter and identifies the shooter to the police. He makes a decision to identify the shooter in court. Bad move. The mob, outlaw bikers and corrupt police work together to take him out.
However, Adam Wolf, is a fo
Paola Graziani
Resurrected is a fun read. I couldn't put the book down. The fast-paced action, the story's hero, wiseguys and outlaw bikers weave themselves into a tale both original and comical. Adam Wolf, a senior citizen, no less, delivers justice in explosively creative ways. The author's quick wit is unique, his writing humorous in a dark way. The cynical thread that runs through the story is just enough to make the reader reflect on some of the absurdities that exist in society because most people close ...more
Eileen
Adam Wolf is celebrating is 60th birthday with his girlfriend when his pleasant evening ended and not at all the way Adam had intended. When Adam, a retired war hero witnesses a murder. This book was an extremely fun action adventure read from beginning to end. The secondary characters are just as entertaining as the main protagonist. A book full of laughs and a man who knew how to use his brain to outwit and outplay his adversaries.
Tim Fairchild
Steve Trotter has nailed a home-run with his thriller, "Resurrected." Ex-special ops operative, Adam Wolf, is 60 years old and trying to live a quiet, normal life. But life doesn't always let go of the past as he, and, his romantic interest, Jazz, witness a murder at a local restaurant. From there the thrill ride begins.
I was really able to relate to the characters and especially to Adam Wolf seeing I have just turned 60 myself. All I can say is; finally, a hero for us baby-boomers!
The first per
Patti
Sep 03, 2012 Patti rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: John Marrs
Recommended to Patti by: Steve Trotter
If you liked Lee Child's Jack Reacher, you will love Steve trotter's Adam Wolf. This is one (excuse my French) Bad-Ass guy who literally "takes names and kicks butts".
When he needs to defend his own life as well as people he cares about, this senior citizen children's book writer relies on his years of training and experience in the militaries Special Forces to battle the mob, killer biker gangs and corrupt cops.

The dialog is quick and smart with a lot of witty one-liners and commentary about so
Sean Dexter
Great story and very cool protagonist. A flawless first person POV that shows other writers how it should be done. Really looking forward to # 2! sd
Janny
A wonderful, compact satirical style that pokes fun at a lot of sacred cows. Not to be skimmed! Well worth the read.
Jim A
If nothing else, a fun read.

The story is predictable and the author uses every cliche possible to tell his tale, but it did hold my interest for the most part.

Trotter reminds me somewhat of Elmore Leonard, Tim Dorsey and Carl Hiaasen with some of the quirkiness of the protagonist and the way he goes about taking care of business.

Ctgt
Nice change of pace action title. Adam Wolf is not your run of the mill action hero type. Really liked the tempo of this book. If you are looking for something a little different in your action titles, check this out.
Karina Kantas
A little slow and predictable at the beginning but once the book took off there was no stopping the story. Great characters. I especially loved Night Owl and Kit. And the ending was explosive!
Michael
I really want to like this writer and series...

but damn, he makes it hard. why so cute with the prose ? And why not let a simple declarative sentence in once in a while? Here is an example, "Instead of running I set my eyes loose through the window for two legged creatures not indigenous to the area." What ????? How about something simple and straight forward like, "I checked the perimeter". This fetish with being cute and clever with language has metaphors and similes raining down on the unsusp
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Robert McGee
Robert McGee marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
E.J.
E.J. marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Bob
Bob marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Kristenj2009
Kristenj2009 marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Y.I. Lee
Y.I. Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Suzi Schumann
Suzi Schumann marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
John Woods
John Woods marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Dave Kay
Dave Kay marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Michael Morrisroe
Michael Morrisroe marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Chelsea Hall
Chelsea Hall marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Lon Williams
Lon Williams marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Cruelty To Innocents (The 911 Abductions, #1)
  • The Geneva Decision (Pia Sabel #1)
  • Eyes of the Predator The Pickham County Murders
  • The Psalter
  • Lost Girls (The Cellar, #2)
  • Kill Zone (Lucy Guardino FBI Thrillers, Book #3)
  • Girl 4
  • Identity X
  • Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds (Alacrity FitzHugh & Hobart Floyt, #1)
  • The Enemy
  • Covert Dreams: An International Thriller
  • No Place to Die
  • Earthman Jack vs. the Ghost Planet
  • The Immortals
  • PLAZA: An Archaeological Thriller
  • Beneath the Dark Ice (Alex Hunter, #1)
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments (Spinward Fringe, #6, Rogue Element, #2)
  • Hunters of the Red Moon
6152054
STEVE TROTTER is the author of the Adam Wolf Thrillers RESURRECTED (#1 Kindle Best Seller in Vigilante Justice; #1 Kindle Best Seller in Men's Adventure; Top 10 Kindle Best Seller in Crime Fiction & Pulp Thrillers) and HEAVEN'S ON HOLD (Top 10 Kindle Best Seller in Vigilante Justice). His standalone crime novels include KILLER DEADLINE (Top 10 Kindle Best Seller in Serial Killers, Pulp Thrille ...more
More about Steve Trotter...

Adam Wolf Thriller (2 books)
  • Heaven's On Hold (Adam Wolf Thriller, #2)
Heaven's On Hold (Adam Wolf Thriller, #2) Killer Deadline The National Truth: A Sensational Tabloid Thriller