Start by marking “Bed and Breakfast (Bloodkin #1)” as Want to Read:
Bed and Breakfast (Bloodkin #1)

Bed and Breakfast (Bloodkin #1)

[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Fantasy Romance, M/M, vampires, light consensual BDSM, spanking, whipping, HEA]

Marlais "Moss" Hayden is a young man struggling to survive after being sent away by his impoverished family. A want ad falls into his hands, advertising a position for "bed and breakfast." When he looks into it, Moss realizes the job is to provide sex
ebook, 2nd edition, 203 pages
Published January 19th 2013 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc. (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bed and Breakfast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bed and Breakfast

Serena Yates
Jan 31, 2013 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
As a start to a new series, with a world where vampires and elves are sworn enemies, and political machinations threaten to demote humans to a source for food, this book is great. As a story about two very different men who stubbornly refuse to give in to what they really want because they think they have to fight what others might think, I have to say I loved it. And the touch of humor, which undeniably makes an appearance more than once, just made this a joy for me to read. I mean, calling an ...more
Don Bradshaw
This was a very good start to what I hope is a great series. As with all first books, much of this story was taken up with building a foundation. Moss Hayden is sent by his father to live with his uncle. Unfortunately, his money is stolen on the docks so Moss is stuck looking for work. He comes upon a flyer advertising a job in a Bed and Breakfast. Desperate for work, Moss applies only to find that the vampire bloodkin, Vane Bloodmoor, is looking for someone to bed and then breakfast upon. Vane ...more
Lizzie
Apr 28, 2013 Lizzie rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this just as much this time as I did the first time I read it, however I didn't notice any great changes in the story. And as I felt last time, I would have enjoyed it better, if there was a more intimate relationship between Vane and Moss. Dream sharing does not a relationship make. In all though, I still love the strong and distinct personalities of the books characters, each so well developed. Even the passing characters of Lady Annette and Vane's lawyer Bertrand allowed you to see ...more
Hc Lynn
A naive Moss gets waylaid on the way to his uncle's where he is sent from his parents. To survive and hopefully get enough money together to finish the trip, he takes odds and ends jobs and then runs across a Bed and Breakfast ad that seems like a great opportunity. Not understanding what the phrase means, he goes and applies.

Immediately Vane feels something for the young human and wants him to stay, even forgoing the sex part to make it happen.

I think this is where I lost most interest. Beside
Sian
Oct 21, 2011 Sian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this one - interesting take on the vampire myth, with less of the bloodkin acting like spoiled brats, and more like interesting, complex peoples.
The only think I was irritated about was that the young prince died. He would have done quite a good job of running the bloodkin, if you ask me, and his relationship with Eli was interesting.
As for the main characters, I found them compelling, and flawed - but not in a frustrating way, but and interesting one.
Never will think about bed an
Rachel
Feb 10, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
So glad to see that she is getting back to this series and releasing new books! Honestly, it's been too long since I read the original release for me to really notice any differences, but I still liked this one.
Phaney
May 22, 2013 Phaney rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

Gah. This was not actually bad, but it completely failed in the romance department. I really don’t feel the love, the connection. It’s nice that Moss in the end realized what it is Vane wants from him, but I sure don’t. They don’t feel like lovers to me at all.

The atmosphere was generally uncomfortable. The setting, to begin with, depressed me with its dark tones. Kind of medieval fantasy-like, by the way. And by the end (view spoiler)
J'aime
Nov 03, 2011 J'aime rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal, romance, m-m
This book started off slow but quickly became so engrossing I could not put it down and read straight through in a couple of hours. The author introduces the book with the comment “For all those vampire fans looking for something different.” And it certainly was. Yes, there are the usual vampire topes (drinking blood, aversion to daylight, etc.), but the fantasy world-building gives it a fresh and unique take. After being robbed before he can board a ship to his uncle’s home, Moss is so ...more
Roxanne Daveney
Sep 09, 2012 Roxanne Daveney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew as soon as I purchased this book from Silver Publishing what I was getting myself into. Luckily, I happen to enjoy reading books with M/M pairings, and as recently discovered, BDSM. If you are someone who enjoys these types of books, then you will devour this book. You will learn to love Vane and Moss, and become close to them. Your heart will break and yearn for these loveable men.

Perhaps it’s Moss’s innocence that drew me into the story, or the fact that he falls for a really hot, reall
Ami
I quite enjoy the world created in this story -- about the Bloodkin and the elves and the brownies. The main characters, Vane and Moss, are pretty likeable. There is one scene where Vane brings Moss to his library and wide array of book collection that somehow reminds me of "Beauty and the Beast". The dream sequences that tie them both are erotic and hot.

But ... I think there is something missing for me to care enough for the two of them. I can't really explain. The truth is I am more intrigued
adrienne
Mar 14, 2012 adrienne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
not part of a series; better than below mentioned

typical Scarlet Hyacinth serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical Scarlet Hyacinth? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all serials by UNLESS motivated otherwise by markedly good/bad writing:
Scarlet Hyacinth
joyee flynn
sunny day
lynn hagen
stormy glenn
caro
Charlie Richards
Oct 13, 2011 Charlie Richards rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: will-read-again
A very interesting story. Well-written. Quite a twist on more traditional vampire stories. I worried that I wouldn't enjoy the book, since Vane is a hero that is hard to like. I didn't like the way he treated Moss, even though I understood some of the reasons why. As this story progresses, the author did an excellent job of developing character growth, both separately and as a relationship between them. The secondary characters added flavor, entertainment, and gave me a desire to read a second ...more
Rachel
I really enjoyed this start to what looks like is going to be a very interesting series! I love these Bloodkin and how they're a bit different than your standard vampire. And add some elves into the mix, and it makes it just that much more interesting. The ending definitely leaves me wanting more. I really like the world building here and look forward to hopefully reading more in this world very soon!
Ayanna
Feb 15, 2013 Ayanna rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed, meh
For some reason, it really weirds me out when authors have multiple series that are either in the same universe or are somehow interconnected, but now quite. Or maybe...No, what I meant is more unrelated series that are set in the same universe.

It was kind of good-ish?

I skipped a lot of it, especially the sex (but then, I do that). This is one of those which features multi-page sex scenes.
~SexyBookWorm~
I think it was a good but not great start to the series. Moss is a mere human and Vane a powerful bloodkin who denies their mating and connection at every turn. Book has numerous slow parts but alls well that ends well. I reccomend it sim ply bc the following installments in the series are pretty great but you do need to read this one to have the foundation and understanding.
Sanet
I have a few if's and but's ... but over all it was a really nice read... It's a bit darker that the norm for Siren .... but I think that's what helped the story along.

Historical is not my favorite... but the combination of Para and magic smoothed the kinks and out for me.
Booklover95
Jan 30, 2013 Booklover95 rated it it was amazing
I didn't read the blurb before I started to read this book and it was vastly different from what I was expecting. For one I wasn't expecting bed and breakfast to mean sex and blood lol.
I found this book to b very intriguing and couldn't put it down.
Meggie
Aug 20, 2011 Meggie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, vampire
This story was enjoyable and accordingly plotted. I felt like something was missing. But overall it was fine story.
Megan
Sep 01, 2011 Megan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks, fantasy
This book was a fun read, the author has a built an interesting world, and I wonder how it will all go after the events in this book. I'm looking forward to the others in the series.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Don
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 4 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Mandi
4 stars. I really enjoyed this book, though I'm glad to see it's only book #1 as a lot of loose ends were left open. I'll be looking forward to reading more about these characters and this world.
Yaris12
Yaris12 rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2011
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2011
Sponky
Sponky rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2014
K.
K. rated it liked it
Aug 22, 2015
Ja-paige
Ja-paige rated it it was ok
May 15, 2015
Nae
Nae rated it liked it
Nov 23, 2013
Mrswright67
Mrswright67 rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2013
Linda Leblanc
Linda Leblanc rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Meredith
Meredith rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Night and Day (Night and Day, #1)
  • Last Chance (Chances, #1)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Adam & Peter, #2)
  • Covenant in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #2)
  • Spectrum Skies (Spectrum Skies, #1)
  • Need (Need, #1)
  • The Prince's Boy: Volume One (The Prince's Boy, #1)
  • The Lost Books 1 & 2
  • With a Kiss
  • Enslaved By Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #10)
  • Custom Toys Made to Order (Sexually Awkward #1)
  • Vamp Camp (Vamp Camp, #1)
  • Blacque/Bleu (Arcada #3)
  • Perfect Timing
  • Anarchy in Blood (Dracul's Revenge, #2)
  • Angel Bound (His Guardian Angels, #1)
  • Sacrifice (Soul Mates, #3)
  • Kade and the Captives (Symbiotic Mates, #5)
Scarlet Hyacinth was born in 1986, in a Romania still struggling under the weight of the communist regime. As a young girl, she started studying the English language and fell in love with books.
After a childhood spent devouring hundreds of pages of fantasy literature, Scarlet found her calling. While at uni, she discovered with the help of a dear friend that she had a knack for writing. The rest,
More about Scarlet Hyacinth...

Bloodkin (3 books)
  • Lover's Obsession (Bloodkin #2)
  • Blood, Flesh, and Spirit (Bloodkin #3)