Start by marking “Beg (Songs of Submission, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beg (Songs of Submission, #1)

Beg (The Submission Series #1)

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  13,150 Ratings  ·  1,111 Reviews
Jonathan Drazen is a known womanizer and a gorgeous piece of
man I'm not letting into my heart. Ever.

Yeah, he's rich, beautiful, charming as hell, and he has a wit as sharp as a double-edged razor... but he's made it perfectly clear that this is a short-term fuck. Three nights, tops, then we part like sexually satisfied grown-ups.

I believe him when he says he can't love
Published January 16th 2013 by Flip City Media Inc. (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Beg, please sign up.

Bibi J I felt it boring and somewhat pretentious. Corporal punishment, repetitive dialogue, vulgar (not BDSM) sex scenes and the worst cast of supporting…moreI felt it boring and somewhat pretentious. Corporal punishment, repetitive dialogue, vulgar (not BDSM) sex scenes and the worst cast of supporting characters... The list is endless as to why the entire series bored me to death. I skimmed, a lot.(less)
Real by Katy EvansDriven by K. BrombergBully by Penelope DouglasCollide by Gail McHughBeautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren
Romance Debuts 2013
7th out of 441 books — 4,002 voters
Beg by C.D. ReissThe Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberMasters at Arms by Kallypso MastersMermen by Mimi Jean PamfiloffFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James
MUST READ INDIES
1st out of 1,731 books — 1,743 voters

More lists with this book...

"That's All" Ash
 photo tumblr_mjdqj4XMnx1qcr2gxo1_500.jpg

This is the hottest series you’re probably going to read in a while. It’s a bar-raiser, I’m warning you right now.

C.D. Reiss is the new author to watch out for.

With a writing skill that can only be described as sexy, gritty, sharp, and sinfully stunning; she creates a sensual story line decorated with addictive characters.

And then she lights all of that on fire.

photo tumblr_m61zr2ZVnV1rukn5wo1_500.gif

That’s the only way I can describe it. ;)

Monica

Living in the City of Angels, Monica just wants to do the one thing she and he
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo ReissBeg1TitlebySueBee_zps3e1377eb.jpg
 photo Fassbenderbysb_zps1142e222.gif
! BEG, part 1 of 7.5. Playboy & mogul Jonathan Drazen’s seduction of aspiring singer Monica Faulkner!

“Where did you learn to do that?”
“Los Angeles High School of Performing Arts,” I said. “They taught me how to open my throat to sing. Then Kevin Wainwright taught me how to put his dick down it.”
He laughed. “I’d like to thank LA Unified and Kevin Whatever for this moment.”

Songs of Submission is the whirlwind saga of aspiring singer Monica Faulkner and hotelier and real estate magn
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 Begging for it Stars

"If you don’t want to go home with me, I won’t hold you to it. We can wait, or we can call it off."
"A bet’s a bet."
"You sure? I can be demanding."
"So can I."
He stepped back and smiled. "Not tonight, you’re not."

I've had this book sitting in my kindle for the past few months. So why haven't I read it before now? Because I am a friggin idiot, that's why! Yes, I'm woman enough to admit this. And admit it I will. (And shout out to SueBee and Allison for giving me the l
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

5 Steamy Stars that have me Begging for more.....

YOU NEED TO EXPERIENCE THIS STORY.....

People say it get's better, it gets off to a slow start???? Let me tell you, this genre and story is just my cuppa tea down to every last detail.... and for me it hit the ground running, as soon as I started... the narrative and flow of the subtle writing, Monica's internal monologue, the introduction to the characters... I loved it straight away.... Every. Single. Word.

I'll tell you my thoughts.....

This sexy
Lisa Jayne
Dec 10, 2013 Lisa Jayne rated it really liked it
4 JONATHAN STARS

description

I feel like the only reader on the Goodreads planet that has not yet met the infamous, Jonathan Drazen. Monica and Jonathan have filled my feed for so long that I knew I'd have to meet this 'loved-by-all' couple sometime soon and what a surprisingly great start to this series, I'm interested and involved in equal measure and I'm hoping that the rest of the series is a treasure worth reading. After book one has started off with a bang I am ready for more, Here are my 'I've finally
Dec 12, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, lol
5,000 THIS-AIN’T-NO-4-STAR-REVIEW STARS!!!!!

photo avril-lavigne-under-my-skin-Favimcom-236314_zps5c777903.gif

I just read 100 pages, and that’s all it took for me to recognize brilliance.

My Jonathan:

(I know he is everyone else’s Jonathan, but that’s because he’s perfection. I am currently obsessed with Michael Fassbender now.)

michael fassbender motorcycle | Michael Fassbender Actor | Vipsons

photo Fassy-michael-fassbender-31017522-500-333_zps98bbecd5.gif

photo tumblr_mp42ltCjf41qjnqapo1_500_zpsf9139fd0.gif

We don’t know much about Jonathan yet. We know he is rich and has many sisters. He is stunningly gorgeous and charming. He is alpha in the bedroom, but not too much alpha outside the bedroom. His heart has been broken by his ex-wife,
Amy (Foxy)
Aug 21, 2014 Amy (Foxy) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Amy (Foxy) by: Paloma ~ Bookish Betches
Singer songwriter, Monica, is a struggling musician. Something had to go in her life so she could focus on her craft. Men are the thing she has cuts out of her life.

Billionaire, Jonathan Drazen, is a known womanizer. His heart was broken by his ex wife and to prevent that from happening again he won't let any women get close to him emotionally.

A bet is set in place between these two.
"I won't hold you to it...we can call if off."
"A bet's a bet."

I didn't enjoy the use of the word (view spoiler
Catarina
4 Sensual stars!!

description

Monica meets Jonathan (her boss) precisely when she’s being fired.
They had an immediate connection and soon that connection becomes something more, but as they both try to deny it, they basically give themselves to a completely hot and free from commitments relationship.

description

This was a pretty good book and I usually don’t like short stories very much. (It gives no time to fully connect with the story or the characters.)
The characters were pretty good and the story line was nice an
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
 photo ReissSongsofSubmission1-9_zpsaf86859c.jpg

Hot damn! I haven't flew through a book at that speed in months!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Monica is an aspiring musician, working as a waitress to make ends meet.. In her spare time she babysits her best friend with suicidal tendencies. She doesn't have time for a man. She needs focus. Focus for writing lyrics, focus for her friend, focus to survive. When she proceeds to spill an entire tray of drinks on some VIPs at the club she works, she's fired. Great.

photo image_zpsa1b539b7.jpg

Jonathan Drazen, red hair and green eyes, uber wealthy hotel
Rachel Reads Ravenously
3 stars!

My initial thoughts when I see a serial series:
 photo trap.png

Just when the story gets good it gets cut off and that drives me crazy! Plus I need character development to truly love a story and you can't get all of that in one edition of a serial.

But the lovely Jen says the series only gets better, so I'm trusting her.

I also want to point out that CD Reiss is a very compelling and captivating writer. I read this book all the way through and didn't put it down. The only reason it's getting a 3 is be
 ♥  Barb ♥

5.. BEGGING YOU....stars

"I stroked the hardness under his boxers until I teased out his cock."

photo Beg1_zpsdd946d3b.jpg

This is Book 1 in the Songs of Submission series and all i'm going to say is READ IT NOW! *Fanning myself*
END OF...

matt bomer photo: Matt Bomer 2wnb86e.jpg

"He pushed his hips between my legs and kissed me again. I was hungry for him. A white hot ball of heat grew beneath my hips. We kept kissing and grinding, hands everywhere. I pinched his nipple through his shirt and he gasped, biting my neck. I hated my clothes. I hated every layer o
Mo
Oct 27, 2013 Mo rated it really liked it

His Irish good looks were undeniable next to anyone, even movie stars

This was a fairly quick read and a hot introduction to this series..... I hear it only gets better.

It was sweet, and doomed and pointless but it was late, and he was handsome and funny. I many not have been interested in having a boyfriend, but I wasn’t made of stone

A quick enough read. Off to start …

Michelle
I try to stay away from these stories that are put out in parts. I always worry that it will either just die off and I will be left hanging or the wait will kill me. But I picked up the first 2 parts of this one.

So far I am really enjoying it with one exception. He's a friggin' ginger.
Now, he is described as hot...he could look like this:

But I can't get this image out of my head:

I seriously had to totally rework his description in my head. But other than the scary image of Carrot Top in my head
Duchess Nicole
`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`
"Please. I'm begging you. I'm begging. I'll do anything you want. I'll be anything you want..."

`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`
Great start. I'm picturing this heroine as a sort of punk girl, for some reason. Her attitude is one of total dedication to her music and complete loyalty to her choice friends. But she also has a sort of eff you attitude toward the world and everyone in it.
`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~*~`~
~ Becs ~
Feb 09, 2013 ~ Becs ~ rated it really liked it
Recommended to ~ Becs ~ by: Monique ~ Sinfully

Sometimes, when you read a novella, you feel like you skim over the plot and only prick the surface of the characters. This is not the case with Beg. I honestly felt that I got to know the characters well, both central and secondary, and this really does feel like a great beginning to what could be another good series. The pacing is excellent – they don’t end up in bed together straight away. They don’t even meet right at the beginning - plenty of time is given to explaining Monica’s situation a
~IreneOust~
Oct 20, 2014 ~IreneOust~ rated it it was amazing

FREE on Amazon right now. Click HERE to begin the journey that begins with Jonathan & Monica and continues with Antonio Spinelli ...

March 1, 2013

This is another great example of a novella so well written that you don't feel like you've only read 100 pages. All the characters we've met so far are very well written and have depth. The story sounds like it's going to have some wicked twists and turns but doesn't it always when our hero is still hung up on his ex??

Really looking forward to see
Shurrn
An aspiring singer who has sworn off men because heartache stifles her creativity. A notorious hotel mogul with a taste for casual sex and a heart that hasn't recovered from his ex-wife's betrayal...

There is a trend I've noticed in modern romantic fiction - the serial series. These are short (usually abut 100ish pages) but the narrative sometimes lasts for nearly a dozen books. In the case of the Songs of Submission Series, the narrative lasts for seven books.

The whole idea is that the first bo
Mia
Mar 13, 2016 Mia rated it really liked it
*This is an overall series review but contains NO spoilers!*

1. Beg -3.5 stars
6. Resist -4.5 stars
7. Sing -5 stars
7.5. Monica -4 stars
Full series rating: 4.5

WOW. This series completely blew me away! This was my first “novella series” and I was very hesitant to start... in only 100 pages, how much can you really connect with the characters? Well boy, wa
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 Scrumptious Stars

This is the first story/novella in a series of 7 books. All I can say is OMG -WOW-Why didn't I read this sooner.....that was a Fanfreakingtastic way to start a series!!!
 photo tumblr_mq1r4eGQsi1s609a5o4_250_zps6eda6e5a.gif

She works as a waitress to pay the bill till she gets her big break. She lives with her best friend and fellow band member, Gabby. She has sworn off men, 18 months to be exact, when she accidently spills drinks on the owner of the hotel, her boss, and the most stunning man she has ever seen. The best part of M
Mysza
May 06, 2014 Mysza rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-read

It's hard to review a book when you're rereading, especially when it's a part of the series because I obviously know what's going to happen next. But since I wasn't writing reviews at the time I've read Beg, I am glad to do it now.
There's something unique in C.D. Reiss's writing style. It might sound strange, but for me it's like watching old, classic movie. You sit, watch and enjoy, except here, you sit, read and enjoy. And, oh boy, I enjoyed every page of it!

This is a great start to Monica and
Sharon ∞❥ is an angst book junkie ❥∞
Jonathan and Monica meet while she's serving him drinks and gets pushed from behind spilling his drink all over him. Of course, this leads to her getting fired but Jonathan puts in a good word for her in another club. It's no surprise that he just "happens" to show up at that club while she's working.

Jonathan is an interesting character...and not because he's rich or gorgeous but that he's tortured. His hearts been broken and he doesn't think he can love anyone else. Having his POV would've bee
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!
*Beg me 4 Nutella jars*

Jonathan you little beg me to share my Nutella Drazen. You absolute beast!. I'd wife him H.A.R.D.

The story of Monica a struggling musician by day and trying to make ends meet by night. Monica doesn't have "new girl in the big city life" nope she's got the "how fucked can my life get whilst putting on a plaster smile" kind of situation. After working countless jobs as a waiter and trying to book her own concerts with her band mates/friends , Monica counts down the days un
Jamie
LOVED IT!!! Great start to this series...really looking forward to more Jonathan... I'll do a full review at the end of the series, but for now..here is my casting...

Jonathan

Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
3.5 Stars

This was definitely a teaser and a promising start to what I think will be a titillating series. This was a nice quick, fast paced read and I'm looking forward to seeing where Jonathan and Monica's relationship goes.
MELISSA
(ARC provided by Netgalley)*BR with Patty*

(4 sexybitch begging stars)

photo 64d57579-988c-4136-8944-575a1b38c68c.jpg

So this book is about a musician named Monica Faulkner that lives in LA. She is singing and working as a waitress at a rooftop bar at Hotel K, and upscale hotel owned by the sexy, charming, billionaire playboy Jonathan Drazen. One night while serving drinks at her job Monica spills her tray of drinks on Mr. Drazen & ends up getting fired by her immediate boss. Jonathan feels bad & helps her get a job at another club. H
♥~♥Geri ~ the Racy Lit Reader ♥~♥
4 Hot Jonathan Drazen Stars!!

Wow! That was fast!

Okay. God knows that me and these billionaire books out there just don't mesh well. From Mr. Grey, to Mr. Cross to Mr. Cavendish, you name it, I couldn't even finish any of it. So I wasn't expecting much when I started reading Beg. Surprise, surprise, I actually liked it!

I won't do a full review. A lot has been said about how lovely and wonderful this book is from other reviewers. I wholeheartedly agree. A very promising start. I loved Jonathan D
♥Sharon♥
Mar 04, 2014 ♥Sharon♥ rated it it was amazing
UGH should have started this series a long time ago!

photo Brave1_zpsa362ad71.gif

Literally just finished this. Short, sweet and flipping HOT!

photo 44041-oh-my-god-hot-babe-gif-WZbp_zpsc52b44bd.gif

Moving on to Tease for a little more Jonathan and Monica!

Wendy'sThoughts
Mar 22, 2015 Wendy'sThoughts rated it it was amazing

5 Pleading, Wanting, Begging for More Stars * * * * *

The Blurb:
This novella is the first in a series

My name is Monica. I’m a singer born and raised in Los Angeles.
I’ve stopped dating. When I cut a record, or win a Grammy, maybe then I’ll be with someone, but every man in my past has done everything he could to make me submit myself to him, and it’s gotten in the way of my career. I won’t do it again.
But there’s Jonathan. He owns the high-rise hotel where I work, and he is gorgeous and charming
Crystal~BIG book addict~
Dec 05, 2013 Crystal~BIG book addict~ rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Wow! I am hooked!! I have a feeling I am going to love this series.

Jonathan

Monica

Looking forward to seeing the fireworks between the wealthy hotel owner and the waitress/singer.

Dee Montoya
Mar 10, 2014 Dee Montoya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
*****5 Uncontrollable Stars****

Silly me thinking Beg could be my side book while I read my arc. Well, right after the first chapter I knew this was one of those book crack books, and now my main book is long forgotten and all I can think about is getting to the next novel in this dangerous and seductive series that is holding my heart captive...

On to Tease... This books are trouble, and I like it, a lot!!!
C.D. Canaries: November Challenge!!! 112 93 Apr 18, 2015 05:14PM
C.D. Canaries: Songs of Submission Needs To Be Made into a TV SERIES!! 17 45 Oct 06, 2014 06:04PM
Nancy Gideon By M...: Buddy Read- Beg (Songs of Submission) 88 16 May 06, 2014 04:03PM
Guilty Pleasures: Beg by C.D. Reiss 5 11 Apr 20, 2014 09:22PM
Beg BR 28 35 Mar 19, 2014 09:58PM
C.D. Canaries: BEGging For Reviews!!!! 8 24 Feb 23, 2014 06:35AM
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • Till Death (The Dumont Diaries, #3)
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint, #1)
  • The Professor (The Professor, #1)
  • Waking Kiss (BDSM Ballet, #1)
  • Blind Obsession
  • My Masters' Nightmare Season 1, Ep. 1 "Taken" (My Masters' Nightmare, #1)
  • Take Me, Break Me (Pierced Hearts, #1)
  • The Mistress Files (The Original Sinners, #3.5)
  • Brie Pleases Her New Master (After Graduation, #1)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Never Have I Ever
  • Carmen's New York Climax (Carmen's New York, #1)
  • Breach (Breach, #1)
  • Broken Desires (Broken, #1)

The Submission Series (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Tease (Songs of Submission, #2)
  • Submit (Songs of Submission, #3)
  • Control (Songs of Submission, #4)
  • Burn (Songs of Submission, #5)
  • Resist (Songs of Submission, #6)
  • Sing (Songs of Submission, #7)
  • Dominance (Songs of Submission, #8)
  • Coda (Songs of Submission, #9)
  • Breathe (Songs of Submission, #10)
  • Beg Tease Submit - Sequence One (Songs of Submission, #1-3)

“What is your type?"