Start by marking “Mindlink” as Want to Read:
Mindlink

Mindlink

Determined to revitalize her imploding career, blacklisted movie star Ashley V takes on her biggest role yet: posing as one of ten scientists invited by aliens to a universal summit. But when the aliens seize, strip and implant the entire delegation to extract their knowledge, she is quickly found out and sent to a cell to await recycling.

The alien research director design
ebook
Published April 1st 2013 by Carina Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Mindlink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mindlink

Desere
Mar 09, 2013 Desere rated it it was amazing
Most actresses reach a point where their career starts to drag and to make the big comeback they need to pull off the role of a lifetime. But unlike going from playing "innocent" roles to "big girl" roles as some do, I bet you would never think that plating the role of a scientist could land you imprisoned in jail, your brain implanted by a octopus or finding the alien of your dreams! Yes, your read it right alien of your dreams!

However, this is is one mind bending situation that Ashley is deter
Shéa MacLeod
Oct 16, 2013 Shéa MacLeod rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lost-in-space
I admit to some trepidation when I picked up this book. A movie star desperate to get her career on track sneaks onto an alien transport ship? Hmmm. But I love scifi romance and this book came highly recommended, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm glad I did.

I was up for three nights in a row until 3am. I couldn't put it down!

As expected, the female protagonist is self-absorbed, shallow, and willing to do all sorts of unsavory acts to get what she wants. Not the kind of person I like or admire
Jess
Apr 05, 2013 Jess rated it really liked it
"4 out of 5 stars--this novel is full of deception, lies, mixed truths, and two people learning more about themselves and what they are capable of then they ever thought possible. I found the "mindlink" between Sam & Ashley to be similar, in a way, to Ms. Royce's Outsiders Series especially in regard to her novel "Love Beyond Sight" because of how the hero & heroine in Ms. Royce's novel use their link like the way Sam & Ashley do."

Read more of this review and three teasers here: http
Alexia
Apr 03, 2013 Alexia rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually a SFR reader, but I loved Kat's book. It's fast pace kept me reading until the very end and the chemistry between the hero and heroine was sizzling. I loved how One/Sam changed through the book as he experienced new things with Ashley. Heck, I just loved Sam, period! :)
Beyond the Squee
Apr 22, 2013 Beyond the Squee rated it it was amazing
This review may also be found at:
Beyond the Squee: Book Reviews
www.beyondthesquee.com

WOW, what a ride!

Mindlink by Kat Cantrell is a sci-fi romance...and I loved it.

Kathie (katmom)
Apr 05, 2013 Kathie (katmom) rated it it was amazing
WOW, what a ride!

Mindlink by Kat Cantrell is a sci-fi romance...and I loved it.

Ashley V is so annoying to begin with! She's an actress that has made some really bad decisions in her life. Like being photographed passed out in a bar. And it goes downhill from there. She's been offered the part of a lifetime: Pretend to be a scientist and travel to another planet and if she can pull it off, then she'll get to play a big part in a movie that is a shoe-in for an Oscar. She seems so shallow and selfi
Marie
Apr 23, 2013 Marie rated it liked it
Shelves: aliens, different
I liked this mostly because it was unlike anything I'd read before. Ever.

I didn't know what to expect, had no expectations and let myself get lost in this new alien planet.
Ashley was kick ass and very very admirably brave. She didn't once moan, thought of others as much as she did herself and well came off her high horse and didn't once think she was better than everyone.

She was surprisingly a very likeable heroin. I found some parts of this book utterly hilarious, other parts dead romantic a
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
MindLink has an interesting start and one that caught my attention right away. Who would have thought to send an actress masquerading as a scientist? Of course she is caught, not because she is a bad actress but because the role was not what anyone thought. With that novel beginning the story moves along a very unique path. Sam or ZXQ-One goes from being the villain to being the hero.

I like the way the plot developed. There is no love at first site for Ashley and Sam. They start as enemies, pro
Nicole Luiken
Apr 24, 2013 Nicole Luiken rated it really liked it
Shelves: sfantasy, romance, ebook
Loved the premise of this SF romance: aliens ask Earth to send ten scientists and an ambitious actress replaces one of the scientists. Ashley is an appealing heroine, both vulnerable and courageous. It took me a while to warm up to ZXQ-1/Sam, but I loved how the mindlink opened up his mind to emotions and colour. The romance was well-developed and satisfying with real obstacles between the hero and heroine that were believably overcome.
Quibble: Some sagging between the escape and when they reac
Ann
May 25, 2013 Ann rated it liked it
This was a good story line. Humans and aliens that can mind link. I can see this becoming a series of books
Ginny Lurcock
Ahh Mindlink, where do I begin?

Oh I know, with me. Because Im narcissistic like that. Growing up I was a huge SciFi nerd. Like huge. Like embarrassingly huge. In recent years, Id gotten away from that and more towards the fantasy/paranormal side of my nerdiness. Mindlink (and a well timed Next Gen book and marathon) are partially to blame from my return to my Science Fiction roots.

(Which means Mindlink is good because if it wasnt Id still be reading a book a day about vampires riding dragons ins
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
Aliens (who look like humans) have invited 10 of earth's top scientists to a sit down, a meeting of the minds if you will. Ashley, a former child star (I kept thinking Lindsey Lohan), poses as a scientist in a publicity stunt to jump start her career again. When they land on the alien planet a probe is inserted into each of their brains, allowing the aliens complete access to the humans' thoughts and knowledge. Ashley is sent to be executed when the aliens discover her deception. While awaiting ...more
Tracy
I didn't make it past the second page on this one. I thought the premise sounded interesting in the cover blurb, but then I read:

Six months ago, humans had learned they were not alone when aliens made first contact with an invitation to participate in a groundbreaking summit between the two species. The entire world looked to ten scientists, hand-selected by a United Nations sanctioned counsel, to bring home answers to universal questions long pondered by humankind.

As Dr. Johnson, Ashley intende
Cecelia
May 07, 2013 Cecelia rated it it was ok
The cover art for Cat Kantrell’s Mindlink suggests a sci-fi romance, and the description backs that up. Premise? Ashley V, a world-famous actress (a la Lindsay Lohan) agrees to fake scientific knowledge in order to head to an alien planet, and finds that all is not as it seems.

I was puzzled to see that the book was categorized by the publisher as straight romance, though – no mention of SF/F. It turns out that the folks at Carina Press know what they are doing (and I should have trusted them!).
SimmieJ
SimmieJ rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
2readmore
2readmore rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2016
Artifact
Artifact rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2015
Tina
Tina rated it liked it
Sep 14, 2015
JillB
JillB rated it really liked it
Apr 24, 2016
Tracy's Place
Tracy's Place rated it really liked it
Apr 09, 2013
Christina
Christina rated it it was ok
Aug 23, 2016
Grace
Grace rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Roberta
Roberta rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2014
Tory Michaels
Tory Michaels rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2013
J.L.
J.L. rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2013
Merry
Merry rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2013
Kristine
Kristine rated it liked it
May 17, 2013
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
May 26, 2015
Hawk's Angel
Hawk's Angel rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Nov 12, 2016
USA Today bestselling author Kat Cantrell read her first Harlequin novel in third grade and has been scribbling in notebooks since she learned to spell. What else would she write but romance?

When she's not writing about characters on the journey to happily ever after, she can be found at a soccer game, watching Friends or dancing with her kids to Duran Duran and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Kat, her hus
More about Kat Cantrell...