Start by marking “20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)” as Want to Read:
20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys, #9)

20th Century Boys, Band 9 (20th Century Boys #9)

4.44  ·  Rating Details ·  1,140 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Wer tuschelt da unter dem Laken? Ist es der "Freund" und wird Koizumi sein Gesicht sehen? Und wenn sie es sieht, tritt dann das ein, was Yoshitsune befürchtet...? An ganz anderer Stelle muß Kanna alles auf eine Karte setzen, zockt alle ab und... gewinnt...?
Published September 15th 2004 by Planet Manga (first published June 29th 2002)

To ask other readers questions about 20th Century Boys, Band 9, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 20th Century Boys, Band 9

Anthony Chavez
Things really begin to pickup with the reveal of "The New Book of Prophesy," we aren't sure who wrote it or where it came from but Mon-Chan stumbled upon a few pages of it and we find out some startling things that are prophesied to unfold. I can see many readers becoming frustrated by this point with this "New Book," meaning the story will probably get dragged out even longer and we still don't know who "Friend" is, but I see it as an opportunity to get to know the characters more and more dram ...more
Oliver
Jul 02, 2014 Oliver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Das Attentat-Finale. Atemberaubend erzählt, meisterhafter Umgang mit Erzälzeit und Rhythmus zur Spannungssteigerung.
Jamil
Feb 13, 2011 Jamil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, manga, urasawa
The previous volume was a momentum killer for me, focusing too much on a side character that I cared nothing about. I'm sick of the persistence of the "Who is the Friend?" revelation tease. So much so that I've had these next four volumes sitting on my shelf for months, unread. This volume at least seems to get back on a forward moving path. No more Nikki & Paolo moves, Urasawa. Wrap this sh-t up!
Joy
Jan 01, 2011 Joy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jelly
Oct 18, 2016 Jelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, fiction
Wow, haven't read something this good for a while *_*
Scott Lee
Feb 17, 2017 Scott Lee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic volume. This volume feels like the pace will pick up again--it's honestly been lagging with the addition of the 2015 plot line several volumes ago. Once that was introduced, it didn't matter--at least to me--how much action there might be in the past, the present timeline needed to move forward for the story to feel like it was moving. Action-packed flashbacks are nice, but when there's a timeline further along the chronology than the others that isn't really moving it just doesn't fee ...more
Mikael Kuoppala
Jun 08, 2013 Mikael Kuoppala rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Rabbit Nobokov" starts off by continuing the story of Kyoko, whose brainwashing we got to witness in "Kenji's Song". Now free, Kyoko doesn't remember the process fully, but the revelation of who the mystical "Friend" who secretly controls the totalitarian future Japan she lives in is just about to surface. The Friend cult is after her, intent upon completing her programming, so she turns to our current lead protagonist Kanna for help.

The main bulk of this volume centers around Kanna and her pla
Danielle
ARGH CLIFFHANGER! This is the first time since starting this series that I've run up against the 'no available next volume' anguish. Next vol's on order at the library, hasn't arrived yet. Woe! I love Otcho, gotta say. The Kienji-flashbacks just make me really anxious to find out what happened to him all those years ago. And Kanna manages to pull off some more crazy stunts, (think Pippi Longstocking meets Firestarter?). The culmination of the 'Bonus Level' storyline in Friend Land is appropriate ...more
Francisco Silva
Jan 09, 2017 Francisco Silva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
El alzamiento de un nuevo salvador y un nuevo 'Libro de las profecías' parecen marcar y ampliar el eje temático de la obra; pasando desde un crisol mucho más político-que es la extensión en la que se maneja el poder de Tomodachi- hacia una tendencia más religiosa, que si bien ya era tratada en los volúmenes que comprendían el año 1997 (con jóvenes que seguían al antagonista(mesías) de la serie como un escuadrón suicida ) en estos capítulos se busca por medio de una figura religiosa de poder, com ...more
Jesus Flores
Nov 05, 2015 Jesus Flores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
20 century 9

So first part is the girl on the virtual reality to see Amigo, in the end she sees him and does not die, yet what she sees she can’t tell us. Mmm, guess they had to keep the mystery.
Second part Kana decides that since there is this cop trying to kill her and friend, she needs to step up the game, she goes to bet on a casino, and manages to make the china and thai mafia meet her at a church where she tells them that Amigo plans to kill the pope and use it as excuse to kill them all. O
Brad
Apr 05, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, sci-fi, mystery
Okay. Kanna is freakin' awesome. She's a deux ex machina running around as a main character, and what's more, she's got style.

I know the book of the new prophesy is kinda necessary here, and it is being used well, but really... I gotta say, "Eh? Please." Good for plot, good for complications, but it is kinda stretching my credulity. Not like the 50 meter tall robot did that, of course. What does it say about me that I can accept the more outrageous story ideas over the slightly plausible ones?

P
Dave
Jul 30, 2012 Dave rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics-manga
A big showdown, a bizarre card game called Rabbit Nabokov (rules here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/37127...) and a new book of prophecy, which sounds like a way for Urasaw to drag the story out even longer.

The last few chapters develop a little slowly, but the story is still intriguing, as characters from the pre-Friends past return. Urasawa is a bit too fond of keeping certain things that the characters see from the reader, but the art and the sheer fun of the proceedings definitely make t
Fredrik Strömberg
Urusawa keeps delivering and upping the ante in this long-running suspense laden story. At volume three I wondered how he would manage to keep going and keep the suspense up, but he very obviously has a plan, and I'm happy to be part of this trip.

The new focus on Kana is a welcome change, as a female main character feels more interesting in this otherwise male centered story and genre for that matter.
Nia
Oct 20, 2008 Nia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sold, komik, urasawa-naoki
Kata-kata bijak from Kenji :
"Kalau kita berjuang dengan sungguh-sungguh, pasti bisa meruntuhkan sesuatu."

Hal ini dilakukan oleh Kanna yang mewarisi bakat ayah kandungnya, yaitu dapat mempengaruhi orang banyak untuk mendukung gerakannya....
Bermula dari casino tempat Kanna main rabbit nabokov dna Kanna mendapatkan kemenangan yang sangat besar. Hasil kemenangannya ia bagikan ke semua orang diantaranya mafia dan kaum gelandangan. Dengan maksud untuk mendapatkan dukungan melawan 'Sahabat'...
নাজমুল হাসান
Now the mystery keeps piling up one after another. The new book of prophecy and who wrote that? There's a hint of the return of Kanna's mother. She might bring with her either heaven or hell. What does that mean? Is she really related to "Friend"? Will they be ever able to outwit the mastermind schemer "Friend"?
Norman Cook
Jan 28, 2015 Norman Cook rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kanna comes up with a crazy method for recruiting an army to help her bring down the Friend. Will she succeed or will the prophesy be fulfilled? And will Kyoko be able to withstand the rigors of the virtual bonus round? The mysteries just pile one on top of another.
Alexander Case
Man, Naoki Urasawa keeps finding new shoes to drop on the reader. I feel safe saying that he writes suspense fiction on par with any big-name writer of suspense fiction on the New York Times Best-Seller List.
Seno
Sep 15, 2016 Seno rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Kanna adalah harapan terakhir" :")
Laurelyn Anne
Sep 09, 2014 Laurelyn Anne rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-comics-etc
The plot gets increasingly intricate. I'm enjoying Kyoko's story, some might argue the pointlessness of her inclusion but I enjoyed more insight into this dystopia.
Dony Grayman
Noveno tomo, edición española. Biblioteca Pachinco.
Cel Red
Nov 05, 2015 Cel Red rated it it was amazing
Dos palabras: Rabbit Nabokov!
Kay
Kay rated it really liked it
Sep 26, 2015
Jade Lejeck
Jade Lejeck rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2016
Jon
Jon rated it it was amazing
Aug 01, 2016
Jason Quigley
Jason Quigley rated it it was amazing
Jan 12, 2014
Janice
Janice rated it it was amazing
Apr 28, 2013
Narendra Jussien
Narendra Jussien rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Grignr
Grignr rated it really liked it
May 15, 2014
Bryan Williams
Bryan Williams rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2015
Esope
Esope rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2013
  • Mushishi, Vol. 2
  • Planetes, Volume 3  (Planetes, #3)
  • The Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, Volume 3
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)
  • Twin Spica, Volume: 02
  • Liar Game, Volume 2 (Liar Game, #2)
  • Black Jack, Vol. 2
  • Eden: It's an Endless World, Volume 5 (Eden: It's an Endless World!, #5)
  • Blame!, Vol. 9
  • Vagabond, Volume 2
Urasawa Naoki (浦沢 直樹) is a Japanese mangaka. He is perhaps best known for Monster (which drew praise from Junot Díaz, the 2008 Pulitzer Prize winner) and 20th Century Boys.

Urasawa's work often concentrates on intricate plotting, interweaving narratives, a deep focus on character development and psychological complexity. Urasawa has won the Shogakukan Manga Award, the Japan Media Arts Festival exc
More about Naoki Urasawa...

20th Century Boys (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 1 (20th Century Boys, #1)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 2 (20th Century Boys, #2)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 3 (20th Century Boys, #3)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 4 (20th Century Boys, #4)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 5 (20th Century Boys, #5)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 6 (20th Century Boys, #6)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 7 (20th Century Boys, #7)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 8 (20th Century Boys, #8)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 10 (20th Century Boys, #10)
  • 20th Century Boys, Band 11 (20th Century Boys, #11)