Start by marking “Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)

Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam #2)

The man she wants is the one she must deceive.

Seattle Steam Book 2

Christy Wallace may be a respectable Seattle Spanish teacher, but she’s got a sultry side. She lets it come out to play during the summer, when she moonlights as a Salsa dancing instructor.

Sexy, cowboy Adam wants more time with her than just a fleeting cup of coffee, but she makes it clear that if he wants h
Nook, 246 pages
Published April 8th 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Adam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Adam

Auntee
Feb 22, 2009 Auntee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance
This was a well-written book, with some hot moments between the H/H. I liked the hero, Adam, and for the most part I liked the heroine, Christy, but I really had a problem with Adam's brother (and Christy's best friend) Nate, and that really affected my enjoyment of this story.

Christy Wallace is a 24 year old Spanish teacher and part time Salsa dancing instructor living in Seattle. She meets a sexy cowboy from eastern Washington at a coffeee shop, and he asks her out but she has to teach a dance
Kathrynn
Apr 27, 2009 Kathrynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
This was a very easy and quick, very hot (not quite erotic), romance set in Seattle. It very loosely ties to the first in this series in that the coffee shop and owner were in this--briefly--for two coffee purchases. Other than that, this could be a stand-alone.

Some parts of the book frustrated me in that Christy's gay male-friend, Nate took advantage of her--big time. He asked Christy to pose as his long-time girlfriend because he didn't want his parents and older brother to know he was gay. T
P.A. Lupton
Jan 01, 2012 P.A. Lupton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This story was an unexpected treat. I loved the predicament Christy finds herself in after agreeing to do a favor for her best friend Nate. Nate is gay and doesn't want to tell his family, so he convinces Christy to pose as his girlfriend. The problem is, despite her bad luck she finally meets a man that she feels a special connection to. Instantly, Adam and Christy hit it off and end up spending the night together. The last thing Christy expects is to meet with Nate's family while pret
Stephanie
3.5 star read. Much, much better than the first book in this series. I still have one complaint, and that is why I can only manage 3 stars...the ending is way too abrupt. There no epilogue, no nothing just The End. For this reason, I will probably not read anymore books by this author.

I do have to say that if this rating was based solely on hot steamy sex, then this book is off the charts!!!! Even though I won't read anymore of her books, this one goes into the libido library!
Sara
May 22, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book by Shelli Stevens I've read and I wasn't sure what to expect. It was a quick read, the love scenes were super sexy (The breakfast scene with the blueberries was just HOT!!) and I really enjoyed the Seattle setting.
The story starts out with Adam and Cristy meeting like people do and hitting it off instantly. The story gets interesting when Christy’s friend Nate, asks her to pretend to be his girlfriend because he’s not ready to come out of the gay closet to his family. Sur
Krista ~Fhatal Attrhaction~
First of the plot/story-line gets 5 stars alone!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time another book I could not put down!
I loved both the characters again like in the first book their romance was just so believable!
and oh my was their romance oh so yummy, the sex scenes were just so damn hott! Only complain about this book is I never wanted it to end!!
Rhian Cahill
May 16, 2010 Rhian Cahill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelli pens another great read.
Farmers Wife
Feb 20, 2012 Farmers Wife rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smut
This is the second book in the Seattle Steam series. The first one ROCKED and I loved it so much that I immediately added book 2 to my kindle as soon as I finished the first book. The first book was a 'can't put down' read. TOTALLY. The second book spins off with a side character from the first and her experiences in finding true love. Which of course, starts with a southern gentleman and some 'no strings attached' hanky panky.

I loved the beginning and how they met and where they went from there
The Sweet Bookshelf
.This is another Steamy one! If you get embarrassed by sexy scenes this is not for you. But, I loved it. I really did. Adam is the quintessential cowboy and takes what he wants. He's also a gentleman. I loved his go get her attitude along side taking care of her bit. He's really a great male lead. He's what most of us dream up in our heads as what a "real" man is. He's great.

Christy is super loyal. WAY more loyal than I'd ever be to be honest. I wanted to just slap her and say, "tell him alread
Cathy
Tempting Adam by Shelli Stevens...Its the story of 2 best friends and what happens when one lies for the other but that causes a little bit of confusion and heartache. I liked the main characters although it bothered me a bit that Adam went along with things so easily, when he knew his brother was involved. I did feel Christy's heartbreak though and enjoyed that Ms. Stevens is able to convey the emotions (happy and sad) through her writing. I have read several of her books, and have enjoyed them ...more
Piper
Sep 18, 2014 Piper rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: source-library, m-f
After book 1 I expected to enjoy this one a lot more than I did. It started off well and I was looking forward to Christy and Adam's romance. But then it went downhill. I thought Nate was an absolute a*hole - some friend and brother! I was also really uncomfortable with Adam and Christy's relationship after the 'lunch'. Neither could hold their heads high in my opinion. May as well throw in Adam's parents too - their manipulation was creepy.
Black Butterfly
Apr 22, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: romance, erotica
REALLY LOVED THIS STORY ADAM WAS SUCH A HOT ALPHA MALE AND CHRISTY WAS A PERFECT MATCH FOR HIM. I DISLIKED HIS BROTHER NATE WITH A PASSION, WHAT A HORRIBLE FRIEND HE WAS. IF I HAD A FRIEND LIKE NATE OUR FRIENDSHIP WOULD HAVE LASTED AS LONG AS THE FIRST TIME HE TRIED TO USE ME. I ENJOYED THE FIRST SEATTLE STEAM BOOK ALSO. LOOKING FOR A GREAT BOY-GETS-GIRL, HOT SEX, AND A LITTLE BIT OF ANGST, THIS SERIES WOULD BE PERFECT FOR YOU. MS. STEVENS CAN REALLY WRITE A LOVE SCENE. YEE-HAW!!!
MountainKat
Jun 09, 2011 MountainKat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
*3.5 stars*

This was a very enjoyable book with a sweet love story and hot sex. I liked both Adam and Christy. But his brother, her best friend, annoyed me! He was an incredibly selfish guy and it really bothered me that he put his own desires above his brother and friend's when he saw that his subterfuge was interfering with their lives. Conflict erupted at the end in the form of a misunderstanding and name calling, and resolved too quickly, but that can be forgiven.
Dorel
Dec 22, 2012 Dorel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I read by Shelli Stevens. I everything about this story. I loved all the characters. Christy was great friend to Nate to keep his secret & she even put her own happiness on the line. I loved Christy & Adam as a couple. This book is worth buying & you would fall in love with it like I did.
J C
Mar 26, 2013 J C rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
good story. 2nd in the series but you dont really need to read the 1st one to understand the 2nd one.the main characters from the 1st book have nothing to do with the 2nd at all. enjoyed the storyline, the humor and the characters. only bad part was that i had the big 'twist' figured out before i got to the 10% mark in my kindle. but it was still good. funny and enjoyable. finished it in a day.
Jade
Apr 10, 2011 Jade rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the story and the love scenes were extremely HOTT!! However, I though Christy was a bit to much of a pushover who never really fought back. Nate basically lead her around by the nose and dumped all his problems on her and she never really even got that mad at him!!! That made me upset I thought he deserved some punishment!
Lynsey
2.5 stars.

This was ok. Entertaining enough, and there were actually some very funny moments, but I'm really not a fan of stories driven by a misunderstanding. Nate was completely spineless and selfish and I could not really understand why Christie went along with it.

Tia
Jul 27, 2012 Tia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Maybe it's because Christy rubbed me the wrong way from the first novel in the series but I didn't really care too much about this novel. I liked Adam, his character was well written and Christy's was okay but she just annoyed me. The passion and sex were greatly written though.
Carisa
Didn't like this silly story built around a charade, with undeveloped characters.
HERO type is unclear.
SCENES/CONTENT: many/steamy
GENRE/TONE: contemporary/drama
LENGHT: 230 pages
Reba Dom
Mar 06, 2014 Reba Dom rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Didn't enjoy this one as much as book 1. The heroine was annoying to me and acted like a spoiled brat, embarrassing herself and the guy.
Lori
Sep 07, 2011 Lori rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this author, another good, steamy read that I couldn't put down. I even fell asleep many times holding it because I didn't want to put it down. Dang eyes!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Could've been 5 stars but Adam's brother, aggravated me so much, I ended up skipping through parts with him in it.

Aimee
Apr 29, 2013 Aimee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-kindles
First book in the Seattle series was amazing so I had to pick up this one. It was still good but didn't shine like the first. I can't really pin down what the main difference is.
Shawna
I liked it. It was quick read. It definitely was not as good as the first book Dangerous Grounds in my opinion but was still satisified with the read. Not disappointed that I bought it either.
Fay
Fay rated it it was ok
Sep 05, 2014
Becky Martin
Becky Martin rated it it was amazing
Oct 14, 2014
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
May 30, 2012
Kas
Kas rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2012
Ashley M.
Ashley M. rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Rebekah Degraaf
Rebekah Degraaf rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2011
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • A Prince Among Men (Task Force Zeta, #6)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Key West (Hot in the City, #3)
  • Beautiful Cocksucker
  • Ruby Tuesday (Wild Irish #2)
  • Cajun Hot
  • Utter Domination
  • Slow Hands
  • The Vampire and the Man-eater
  • Taking Chloe (Vaughn, #3)
  • Tamed
  • To Do List (Bettencourt Brothers, #1)
  • Secrets: The Best in Women's Romantic Erotica Vol. 9
  • Seducing Olivia (Incognito, #1)
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Butterfly Unpinned
  • Infatuation (A Little Harmless Military Romance, #1)
Shelli is a New York Times Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother's bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn't until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn't make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli currently lives in the P
More about Shelli Stevens...

Seattle Steam (4 books)
  • Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Seattle Steam, #2.5)
  • Seducing Allie (Seattle Steam, #3)