Start by marking “Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)” as Want to Read:
Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam, #2)

Tempting Adam (Seattle Steam #2)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  454 ratings  ·  27 reviews
The man she wants is the one she must deceive.

Seattle Steam Book 2

Christy Wallace may be a respectable Seattle Spanish teacher, but she’s got a sultry side. She lets it come out to play during the summer, when she moonlights as a Salsa dancing instructor.

Sexy, cowboy Adam wants more time with her than just a fleeting cup of coffee, but she makes it clear that if he wants h...more
Nook, 246 pages
Published April 8th 2008 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Tempting Adam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tempting Adam

Auntee
Feb 22, 2009 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of erotic romance
This was a well-written book, with some hot moments between the H/H. I liked the hero, Adam, and for the most part I liked the heroine, Christy, but I really had a problem with Adam's brother (and Christy's best friend) Nate, and that really affected my enjoyment of this story.

Christy Wallace is a 24 year old Spanish teacher and part time Salsa dancing instructor living in Seattle. She meets a sexy cowboy from eastern Washington at a coffeee shop, and he asks her out but she has to teach a dance...more
Kathrynn
Apr 27, 2009 Kathrynn rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kathrynn by: Auntee
This was a very easy and quick, very hot (not quite erotic), romance set in Seattle. It very loosely ties to the first in this series in that the coffee shop and owner were in this--briefly--for two coffee purchases. Other than that, this could be a stand-alone.

Some parts of the book frustrated me in that Christy's gay male-friend, Nate took advantage of her--big time. He asked Christy to pose as his long-time girlfriend because he didn't want his parents and older brother to know he was gay. T...more
P.A. Lupton

This story was an unexpected treat. I loved the predicament Christy finds herself in after agreeing to do a favor for her best friend Nate. Nate is gay and doesn't want to tell his family, so he convinces Christy to pose as his girlfriend. The problem is, despite her bad luck she finally meets a man that she feels a special connection to. Instantly, Adam and Christy hit it off and end up spending the night together. The last thing Christy expects is to meet with Nate's family while pret...more
Stephanie
3.5 star read. Much, much better than the first book in this series. I still have one complaint, and that is why I can only manage 3 stars...the ending is way too abrupt. There no epilogue, no nothing just The End. For this reason, I will probably not read anymore books by this author.

I do have to say that if this rating was based solely on hot steamy sex, then this book is off the charts!!!! Even though I won't read anymore of her books, this one goes into the libido library!
Sara
This is the first book by Shelli Stevens I've read and I wasn't sure what to expect. It was a quick read, the love scenes were super sexy (The breakfast scene with the blueberries was just HOT!!) and I really enjoyed the Seattle setting.
The story starts out with Adam and Cristy meeting like people do and hitting it off instantly. The story gets interesting when Christy’s friend Nate, asks her to pretend to be his girlfriend because he’s not ready to come out of the gay closet to his family. Sur...more
Krista ~Fhatal Attrhaction~
First of the plot/story-line gets 5 stars alone!! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time another book I could not put down!
I loved both the characters again like in the first book their romance was just so believable!
and oh my was their romance oh so yummy, the sex scenes were just so damn hott! Only complain about this book is I never wanted it to end!!
Rhian Cahill
Shelli pens another great read.
The Sweet Bookshelf
.This is another Steamy one! If you get embarrassed by sexy scenes this is not for you. But, I loved it. I really did. Adam is the quintessential cowboy and takes what he wants. He's also a gentleman. I loved his go get her attitude along side taking care of her bit. He's really a great male lead. He's what most of us dream up in our heads as what a "real" man is. He's great.

Christy is super loyal. WAY more loyal than I'd ever be to be honest. I wanted to just slap her and say, "tell him alread...more
Farmers Wife
This is the second book in the Seattle Steam series. The first one ROCKED and I loved it so much that I immediately added book 2 to my kindle as soon as I finished the first book. The first book was a 'can't put down' read. TOTALLY. The second book spins off with a side character from the first and her experiences in finding true love. Which of course, starts with a southern gentleman and some 'no strings attached' hanky panky.

I loved the beginning and how they met and where they went from there...more
Shazza
After book 1 I expected to enjoy this one a lot more than I did. It started off well and I was looking forward to Christy and Adam's romance. But then it went downhill. I thought Nate was an absolute a*hole - some friend and brother! I was also really uncomfortable with Adam and Christy's relationship after the 'lunch'. Neither could hold their heads high in my opinion. May as well throw in Adam's parents too - their manipulation was creepy.
Cathy
Tempting Adam by Shelli Stevens...Its the story of 2 best friends and what happens when one lies for the other but that causes a little bit of confusion and heartache. I liked the main characters although it bothered me a bit that Adam went along with things so easily, when he knew his brother was involved. I did feel Christy's heartbreak though and enjoyed that Ms. Stevens is able to convey the emotions (happy and sad) through her writing. I have read several of her books, and have enjoyed them...more
Black Butterfly
Apr 22, 2013 Black Butterfly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: erotica, romance
REALLY LOVED THIS STORY ADAM WAS SUCH A HOT ALPHA MALE AND CHRISTY WAS A PERFECT MATCH FOR HIM. I DISLIKED HIS BROTHER NATE WITH A PASSION, WHAT A HORRIBLE FRIEND HE WAS. IF I HAD A FRIEND LIKE NATE OUR FRIENDSHIP WOULD HAVE LASTED AS LONG AS THE FIRST TIME HE TRIED TO USE ME. I ENJOYED THE FIRST SEATTLE STEAM BOOK ALSO. LOOKING FOR A GREAT BOY-GETS-GIRL, HOT SEX, AND A LITTLE BIT OF ANGST, THIS SERIES WOULD BE PERFECT FOR YOU. MS. STEVENS CAN REALLY WRITE A LOVE SCENE. YEE-HAW!!!
MountainKat
*3.5 stars*

This was a very enjoyable book with a sweet love story and hot sex. I liked both Adam and Christy. But his brother, her best friend, annoyed me! He was an incredibly selfish guy and it really bothered me that he put his own desires above his brother and friend's when he saw that his subterfuge was interfering with their lives. Conflict erupted at the end in the form of a misunderstanding and name calling, and resolved too quickly, but that can be forgiven.
Jennifer Cazares
good story. 2nd in the series but you dont really need to read the 1st one to understand the 2nd one.the main characters from the 1st book have nothing to do with the 2nd at all. enjoyed the storyline, the humor and the characters. only bad part was that i had the big 'twist' figured out before i got to the 10% mark in my kindle. but it was still good. funny and enjoyable. finished it in a day.
Jade
I really liked the story and the love scenes were extremely HOTT!! However, I though Christy was a bit to much of a pushover who never really fought back. Nate basically lead her around by the nose and dumped all his problems on her and she never really even got that mad at him!!! That made me upset I thought he deserved some punishment!
Dorel
This is the first book I read by Shelli Stevens. I everything about this story. I loved all the characters. Christy was great friend to Nate to keep his secret & she even put her own happiness on the line. I loved Christy & Adam as a couple. This book is worth buying & you would fall in love with it like I did.
Lynsey
2.5 stars.

This was ok. Entertaining enough, and there were actually some very funny moments, but I'm really not a fan of stories driven by a misunderstanding. Nate was completely spineless and selfish and I could not really understand why Christie went along with it.

Tia
Maybe it's because Christy rubbed me the wrong way from the first novel in the series but I didn't really care too much about this novel. I liked Adam, his character was well written and Christy's was okay but she just annoyed me. The passion and sex were greatly written though.
Shawna
I liked it. It was quick read. It definitely was not as good as the first book Dangerous Grounds in my opinion but was still satisified with the read. Not disappointed that I bought it either.
Carisa
Didn't like this silly story built around a charade, with undeveloped characters.
HERO type is unclear.
SCENES/CONTENT: many/steamy
GENRE/TONE: contemporary/drama
LENGHT: 230 pages
Aimee
First book in the Seattle series was amazing so I had to pick up this one. It was still good but didn't shine like the first. I can't really pin down what the main difference is.
Lori
I love this author, another good, steamy read that I couldn't put down. I even fell asleep many times holding it because I didn't want to put it down. Dang eyes!
Reba Dom
Didn't enjoy this one as much as book 1. The heroine was annoying to me and acted like a spoiled brat, embarrassing herself and the guy.
Guilty Pleasures
Could've been 5 stars but Adam's brother, aggravated me so much, I ended up skipping through parts with him in it.

Marielle Mae
This book is so hot... and i think this book is the best that i read so far... love it
Sunshiny Me
pretty sure i read this years ago too...
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
  • Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off (Country Music Collection, #1)
  • Midnight Encounters
  • Ruby Tuesday (Wild Irish, #2)
  • A Prince Among Men (Task Force Zeta, #6)
  • Magnolia Summer
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • Key West (Hot in the City, #3)
  • Where Have All the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1)
  • Private Party (Private, #1)
  • Butterfly Unpinned
  • Hurt Me So Good (The Connaghers #2)
  • Utter Domination
  • Beautiful Cocksucker
  • Taking Chloe (Vaughn, #3)
  • A Fine Specimen
  • Sexy Devil (Psychic Hunters #1)
  • Cajun Hot
Shelli is a New York Times Bestselling Author who read her first romance novel when she snatched it off her mother's bookshelf at the age of eleven. One taste and she was forever hooked. It wasn't until many years later that she decided to pursue writing stories of her own. By then she acknowledged the voices in her head didn't make her crazy, they made her a writer.

Shelli currently lives in the P...more
More about Shelli Stevens...
Dangerous Grounds (Seattle Steam, #1) Going Down (Holding Out for A Hero, #1) Flash Point  (Holding Out For a Hero, #3) Good Girl Gone Plaid (The McLaughlins, #1) Negligee Behavior