Start by marking “Mating Moon (Be-Were #1)” as Want to Read:
Mating Moon (Be-Were #1)

Mating Moon (Be-Were #1)

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  14 reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Paranormal Romance, M/M, shape-shifters, public exhibition, spanking, sex toys, HEA]

Night Stragorri was born to hunt. As heir to the Stragorri bloodline, it’s his sole purpose to kill any paranormal that threatens human life. He is bound by blood to the Hunter code, but he desperately wants a way out. He didn’t imagine in a millio
Published January 16th 2013 by Siren-Bookstrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Mating Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mating Moon

Lasha

Mating Moon is the first book in the Be-Were series by Lexi DeHalo. Night Stragorri is a Hunter. A Hunter who falls for a were-panther and if he’s found out he’ll be banished from his family.

Akira Landers is a sweet, compassionate man who takes in Night and cares for him after the Hunter becomes tired of his profession. The two grow closer, fall in love and Night has to decide: his family or his new mate?

Mating Moon had an unique twist with traditional enemies falling in love with one a
Lucy
3.5 Night Stragorri is a Hunter and next in line to be King of the Hunters, he is a Stragorri. It is a prestigious title to be this kind of killer. The Hunters are there to protect humans from the paranormals, to keep them safe. At least that is what the intent of it was supposed to be. Night isn’t so sure anymore. He leaves the emotionless, brutal world of his family to strike out on his but he is unable to leave the Stragorri Hunter legacy. He must continue to kill those the Hunter Council dee ...more
Gabbi

This is the first book I’ve read by Lexi DeHalo and it definitely won’t be my last. I really enjoyed the unique world she created for her shifters in this book and her creative storytelling ability really kept my attention throughout the story.

Mating Moon is the first book in the Be-Were series and it definitely started it up with a bang! I was immediately swept up into these characters lives and enjoyed watching these two men really work hard to be togethe
Sheri

A breath of fresh air, a different enough world of paranormals to be enjoyable. Hunters, Weres, vampires and I’m sure more creatures to be revealed, Ms. DeHalo does an amazing job of building a unique world.

Akira is a great character. He’s fun from the very beginning, I loved the way he took a chance on Night when most others in the world would have stayed as far from his as possible.

Night is a Hunter in crisis, he’s questioning the status quo when he meets Akira. Fate takes it from the
Hc Lynn
Not really sure what to think about this.. I originally picked up because book 4 sounded good and didn't want to start in the middle..

This world is different.. heck even mating is different. Destined mates do not always end up together. Weres have a mating moon, and if a 'competitor' wins the challenge, they get a chance to forge a bond with the intended. It is left up to the intended weather accepts challenger over destined mate..

Ok, stepping back.. this is rough sex play with biting and kind
Cathy Brockman
review written forhttp://mmgoodbookreviews.wordpress.com/
This is book 1 of the Be-were series. As usual I began backwards and had read the third first, causing me to start at the beginning, since I fell in love with the world and characters and had to catch up. I adore the series title Be-were!

Now for a quick rundown on this book. Night is a hunter and is the heir to title of king of the Stragorri house. Hunters have special magic and have been bred to hunt the paranormal and protect the humans.
Beth
Little darker than I usually like my reading. Good storytelling kept me interested in the outcome. Not sure if I will read the rest of the series though.
It's an interesting new world of weres, vampires, and Hunters. But I really don't like the were's mating practices. Forced mating on their 300th full moon(which I calculated to be only about 23 years old), with the possibility that even if they had already met their destined mate they wouldn't be able to stay with them, basically be stolen by th
Meggie
The starting point into this new series is well written and enjoyable enough. I liked both main MC's, Akira was spunky, comical and warm. He made me laugh a lot, I liked him because of it. Night was a fine, warrior type, but in general, he was to bland. The main storyline was good, but I'm sure it could be better.
Booklover95
Different from a lot of shifter books. For once instead of the mate bind being final in this series it can be challenged and broke which I found made it a lot more interesting.
I'm looking forward to the next in this series.
Ayune01
Few chapters were good. Then it becomes weird. Mate but not mate? I became confused. Why with the Hunter & were named basis? Dissatisfied.
Amy
4.5 stars. I loved Night and Akira, they were such a sweet couple! I can't wait to read the next book!!
Alyse
Can't wait for more to this Be-Were searies.
Ericka Walden
Enjoyable read. ..
Maya
3.5 Stars
Delphius Reads
Delphius Reads is currently reading it
Aug 10, 2015
Carrie Mosman
Carrie Mosman marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Teazia Cockburn
Teazia Cockburn marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lexi DeHalo lived in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina until she left for college to study Chemistry and Forensic Science. After graduation, Lexi decided to pursue her love of the arts by writing erotic romance. When she's not too busy in the lab, you can find her working on her latest inspiration or playing with her fur-babies.
More about Lexi DeHalo...

Be-Were (4 books)
  • Forbidden Moon (Be-Were #2)
  • Moon Resonance (Be-Were #3)
  • Moon's Captive (Be-Were #4)
Forbidden Moon (Be-Were #2) Moon Resonance (Be-Were #3) Moon's Captive (Be-Were #4) Last Kiss Goodbye (The Southlands #1)

“People do what they have to do to survive, and if they’re lucky, they just might find something worth living for.” 4 likes