Start by marking “With Cruel Intent” as Want to Read:
With Cruel Intent

With Cruel Intent

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  45 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The author of 'With Cruel Intent' takes the reader on a roller coaster of a ride, evoking an array of emotions as the main characters experience happiness, romance, treachery and pain.

A stagnant heat and economy push Blanche Delaney, a beautiful 33-year-old librarian, to pack her bags and head for Valdosta, Georgia in search of happiness, adventure and love. Concerned that
Paperback, First Edition, 362 pages
Published January 7th 2013 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about With Cruel Intent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With Cruel Intent

Dennis Larsen
Jan 16, 2013 Dennis Larsen rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As the author of this book I'm afraid I'm bias but it was great fun to write and I'd like to thank all those that have taken the time to add it to their collection. I'm anxious to read what you have to say once you've completed the manuscript.
I really enjoyed the characters that I created with this novel. They came to life for me and were genuine and real. Perhaps the most enjoyable part of the writing experience was writing the interaction between the various players. Fun and challenging for me
Heather
An entertaining read. Dialogue was very smooth and well written. The writing flowed really well. Characters, while not as well developed as they might have been (which is typical of this genre anyway), were interesting and believable. Definitely engaging, there were times when I couldn't put it down and the ending was very satisfying. I was, however, itching to get my hands on the manuscript with a red pencil as there were still a fair number of spelling and punctuation mistakes. And I probably ...more
Rick Broby
A great read, with suspense, love and humor all rolled into one. Once you get started you will not want to put it down, you'll be wanting to find out what happens to Blanche, Bev, Jasper and all the rest of the characters in this book. I cannot wait to see what this new author comes up with next
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 1/23/13
Lori Hart
I enjoy a nice romance novel, sometimes though I would like to read a romance with a little more action. Hugging and kissing is fine and all, but I would like a little heavier plotline. I was recently talking with a friend about this and she immediately recommended With Cruel Intent by Dennis F. Larsen. This book has it all, action, romance, comedy and it is set in my favorite place, the South. In short, this book is a combination of all of my favorite things.

With Cruel Intent is about Blanche
Debbie
With Cruel Intent is a very good first attempt at a novel. It is well thought out and tells the story without rushing. I would have liked to have learned more about the characters as they were engaging to read about and would have added more depth and layers to the story. The ending was suspenseful and satisfying. My biggest issue with the book is the continual description of Blanche's physique. It was definitely overkill and off putting to the female reader. I would cringe at yet another bosom ...more
Jane Geddis
This entertaining romance derives much of its pleasure in Blanche's interaction with her three suitors. Jasper is by far the most entertaining and heroic character, the criminology student is kind and adorable. To say the novel works on stereotypes is kinda true, but an updated version of them. The good guys are good guys and the bad are bad. In a novel about the south with a main character named Blanche, what else could you expect. It does have a crime thriller aspect to it as well, which sits ...more
Mikk
A really fun reading adventure. I thought it was a very well written first novel. The dialog was quite natural which can often be a difficult feat. The plot became quite intricate and was very well organized. The author is very good at painting pictures and drawing attention to detail.

I look forward to reading more of your books Dennis! You are a very talented author. Keep it up!
Teresa Larsen
Romantic thriller is not my usual genre. However, I enjoyed stepping out of my box and reading With Cruel Intent by Dennis F. Larsen. There was a great deal of a action, suspense and a nice dose of southern charm. With Cruel Intent was a good read and I would recommend it to anyone.
Holly Larsen
So proud of Dennis and his first novel! I'm a little biased but I loved reading it and I think writing dialogue is definitely one of his strengths. Moments of romance, excitement and humour made for a very fun and good read. I'm hoping he writes another one.
Kelsey
This was an excellent read. A great blend of suspense, humour and romance. I loved the characters and the setting, and I can't wait for the authors next book. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a thoroughly entertaining thriller.
Allan
I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance and suspense. It keeps you on your toes until the very end with characters that are well developed and a captivating plot.
Danielle
A great read full of intrigue and suspense. Blanche Delaney is a character you can't help but love and it is easy to become wrapped up in all of her adventures.
Lisa
Feb 10, 2013 Lisa marked it as to-read
Wow what a good read, full of characters,did`t realise that librarians,had such a eventful life.lots of twist and turns.
Chris Mclean
ARC was poorly edited, so the many frequent errors drove me nuts (far too many sentences did not make sense). Plot was outlandish, characters had names like Seymour Wood and Felix Unger - not important at all to the plot.

Major flaw, too, is that bail is always secured with 10 percent. Seriously, this took me forever to read because of the errors.
The author is my optometrist and I read his book after we spoke about it during an appointment. Great read!! The characters are well written and the story had me eager to continue reading. Hoping the writer continues!
Amy
Awkward story line, poorly edited, and not very original. 2 stars because I'm feeling nice. Would not recommend.
Steve Mills
I enjoyed the suspense and the setting in Valdosta, Ga.
Carole
Slow moving. Plot was unrealistic.
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Tess
Tess marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2015
Mike Plymel
Mike Plymel marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Gupta Prakhar
Gupta Prakhar marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Lesley
Lesley marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Debra Barstad
Debra Barstad marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Midgetbee
Midgetbee marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Favorite Character? 2 7 Jan 17, 2013 10:05PM
  • The Searcher
  • Time Walker (Spirit Bound #1)
  • Fog
  • Captive in the Spotlight
  • Lily Does Sweden
  • Dead of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1)
  • The Rude Buay Trilogy
  • Trust In Me (The Vengeance Trilogy #2)
  • Out of Sight Out of Mind
  • My Everything
  • Time Out, Tune In, Turn On: Live the Path of Your Heart
  • Resurrecting Charlie's Girl
  • The Second Bat Guano War
Dennis F. Larsen was born in a small, northern Utah city just about the time that US boots were put on the ground in Southeast Asia. He was raised in a modest home; his mother, who initially worked at Hill Air Force Base, left the work force to devote her time to her four sons, and a father, who ran a small local Conoco Station.
In his younger years, he dreamed of playing major league baseball and
More about Dennis F. Larsen...
The Living Hunger Operation Z-Day (The Raven Falconer Chronicles) Rise of the Huskers (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #2) The Raven Falconer Chronicles (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #1-3) Vengeance Fulfilled (The Raven Falconer Chronicles, #3)