Start by marking “With Cruel Intent” as Want to Read:
With Cruel Intent

With Cruel Intent

The author of 'With Cruel Intent' takes the reader on a roller coaster of a ride, evoking an array of emotions as the main characters experience happiness, romance, treachery and pain.

A stagnant heat and economy push Blanche Delaney, a beautiful 33-year-old librarian, to pack her bags and head for Valdosta, Georgia in search of happiness, adventure and love. Concerned that
Paperback, First Edition, 362 pages
Published January 7th 2013 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about With Cruel Intent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about With Cruel Intent

Dennis Larsen
Jan 16, 2013 Dennis Larsen rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
As the author of this book I'm afraid I'm bias but it was great fun to write and I'd like to thank all those that have taken the time to add it to their collection. I'm anxious to read what you have to say once you've completed the manuscript.
I really enjoyed the characters that I created with this novel. They came to life for me and were genuine and real. Perhaps the most enjoyable part of the writing experience was writing the interaction between the various players. Fun and challenging for me
Heather
Jan 16, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
An entertaining read. Dialogue was very smooth and well written. The writing flowed really well. Characters, while not as well developed as they might have been (which is typical of this genre anyway), were interesting and believable. Definitely engaging, there were times when I couldn't put it down and the ending was very satisfying. I was, however, itching to get my hands on the manuscript with a red pencil as there were still a fair number of spelling and punctuation mistakes. And I probably ...more
Rick Broby
Apr 30, 2013 Rick Broby rated it it was amazing
A great read, with suspense, love and humor all rolled into one. Once you get started you will not want to put it down, you'll be wanting to find out what happens to Blanche, Bev, Jasper and all the rest of the characters in this book. I cannot wait to see what this new author comes up with next
Lindsey
Amazon (ebook) freebie 1/23/13
Lori Hart
Mar 18, 2013 Lori Hart rated it it was amazing
I enjoy a nice romance novel, sometimes though I would like to read a romance with a little more action. Hugging and kissing is fine and all, but I would like a little heavier plotline. I was recently talking with a friend about this and she immediately recommended With Cruel Intent by Dennis F. Larsen. This book has it all, action, romance, comedy and it is set in my favorite place, the South. In short, this book is a combination of all of my favorite things.

With Cruel Intent is about Blanche
Debbie
Feb 13, 2013 Debbie rated it really liked it
With Cruel Intent is a very good first attempt at a novel. It is well thought out and tells the story without rushing. I would have liked to have learned more about the characters as they were engaging to read about and would have added more depth and layers to the story. The ending was suspenseful and satisfying. My biggest issue with the book is the continual description of Blanche's physique. It was definitely overkill and off putting to the female reader. I would cringe at yet another bosom ...more
Jane Geddis
Mar 14, 2013 Jane Geddis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
This entertaining romance derives much of its pleasure in Blanche's interaction with her three suitors. Jasper is by far the most entertaining and heroic character, the criminology student is kind and adorable. To say the novel works on stereotypes is kinda true, but an updated version of them. The good guys are good guys and the bad are bad. In a novel about the south with a main character named Blanche, what else could you expect. It does have a crime thriller aspect to it as well, which sits ...more
Mikk
Jan 16, 2013 Mikk rated it really liked it
A really fun reading adventure. I thought it was a very well written first novel. The dialog was quite natural which can often be a difficult feat. The plot became quite intricate and was very well organized. The author is very good at painting pictures and drawing attention to detail.

I look forward to reading more of your books Dennis! You are a very talented author. Keep it up!
Holly Larsen
Jan 17, 2013 Holly Larsen rated it really liked it
Shelves: larsen-novels
So proud of Dennis and his first novel! I'm a little biased but I loved reading it and I think writing dialogue is definitely one of his strengths. Moments of romance, excitement and humour made for a very fun and good read. I'm hoping he writes another one.
Kelsey
Feb 12, 2013 Kelsey rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent read. A great blend of suspense, humour and romance. I loved the characters and the setting, and I can't wait for the authors next book. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a thoroughly entertaining thriller.
Teresa Larsen
Apr 30, 2013 Teresa Larsen rated it really liked it
Romantic thriller is not my usual genre. However, I enjoyed stepping out of my box and reading With Cruel Intent by Dennis F. Larsen. There was a great deal of a action, suspense and a nice dose of southern charm. With Cruel Intent was a good read and I would recommend it to anyone.
Danielle
Feb 12, 2013 Danielle rated it it was amazing
A great read full of intrigue and suspense. Blanche Delaney is a character you can't help but love and it is easy to become wrapped up in all of her adventures.
Lisa
Jan 27, 2013 Lisa marked it as to-read
Wow what a good read, full of characters,did`t realise that librarians,had such a eventful life.lots of twist and turns. ...more
Allan
Feb 12, 2013 Allan rated it it was amazing
I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance and suspense. It keeps you on your toes until the very end with characters that are well developed and a captivating plot.
Patricia
Mar 04, 2017 Patricia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All's well that ends well . . . good story line and interesting characters. There were a few improbable encounters and Blance didn't always make wise decisions.

No graphic sex but several of the main characters seemed preoccupied w/ physical looks -- how sexy, handsome, muscled a person was.
Chris Mclean
Oct 12, 2013 Chris Mclean rated it did not like it
ARC was poorly edited, so the many frequent errors drove me nuts (far too many sentences did not make sense). Plot was outlandish, characters had names like Seymour Wood and Felix Unger - not important at all to the plot.

Major flaw, too, is that bail is always secured with 10 percent. Seriously, this took me forever to read because of the errors.
Jen B
Oct 04, 2013 Jen B rated it really liked it
The author is my optometrist and I read his book after we spoke about it during an appointment. Great read!! The characters are well written and the story had me eager to continue reading. Hoping the writer continues!
Carole
Mar 26, 2013 Carole rated it liked it
Slow moving. Plot was unrealistic.
Steve Mills
Oct 09, 2013 Steve Mills rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the suspense and the setting in Valdosta, Ga.
Amy
Feb 17, 2014 Amy rated it it was ok
Awkward story line, poorly edited, and not very original. 2 stars because I'm feeling nice. Would not recommend.
Beth D
Beth D rated it liked it
Mar 16, 2014
Umi Lestari
Umi Lestari rated it did not like it
Feb 06, 2013
Jcad6169
Jcad6169 rated it did not like it
Apr 28, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it did not like it
May 28, 2015
Sparethebs
Sparethebs rated it really liked it
Dec 13, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2013
Gerry D Pratt
Gerry D Pratt rated it did not like it
May 12, 2014
Maureen
Maureen rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Manuel de Acha
Manuel de Acha rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2013
Favorite Character? 2 7 Jan 17, 2013 10:05PM
  • The Searcher
  • Time Walker (Spirit Bound #1)
  • The Rude Buay Trilogy
  • Lily Does Sweden
  • Fog
  • The Second Bat Guano War
  • Time Out, Tune In, Turn On: Live the Path of Your Heart
  • Along the Way: Leadership Stories from Everyday Life
  • Captive in the Spotlight
  • Dead of Eve (Trilogy of Eve, #1)
  • Trust In Me (The Vengeance Trilogy, #2)
  • City Chronicles: A Little Bit of Italy
  • Girl Cop
  • Sell Your Books!
  • Priceless Desire Complete Work (The Billionaire Seduction, #0)
  • Dangerous Memories
  • String Bridge (The Bell Collection)
  • Bleeding Heart (A Timeless Fable About Living Life With Passion)
Dennis F. Larsen was born in a small, northern Utah city just about the time that US boots were put on the ground in Southeast Asia. He was raised in a modest home; his mother, who initially worked at Hill Air Force Base, left the work force to devote her time to her four sons, and a father, who ran a small local Conoco Station.
In his younger years, he dreamed of playing major league baseball and
More about Dennis F. Larsen...