Start by marking “Say Something” as Want to Read:
Say Something

Say Something

Sterek
That first time Stiles decided it was probably wise to let sleeping werewolves lie.
Words:49724 complete
Published September 24th 2012 by AO3

To ask other readers questions about Say Something, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Say Something

Rosa, really
Jan 09, 2015 Rosa, really rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fanfic-sterek

I love reading about other people with insomnia. Makes me feel like saying, "HA HA MOTHERFUCKERS."

Anyway, Stiles has insomnia and Derek sleeps over a lot. And then other stuff happens but WHO GIVES A SHIT THEY MAKE OUT.

Anyway, I read this twice and I really like it. Stiles isn't as funny as I prefer, but there is so much angsty goodness.

Anyway, there is some stuff that I probably would've understood more if I watched the show, but I don't think it inhibited my enjoyment.

Anyway....Read.

description

Jennifer☠Pher☠
May 23, 2015 Jennifer☠Pher☠ rated it it was amazing
Re-read 05/22/15 - 05/23/15

Loved it, again!

"Then Stiles becomes something like a fucking teddy bear to a big bad werewolf who's too stubborn to admit that he never actually grew up...

This is why the age difference never bothers me. He never really did grow up did he?

------
"Every morning we will wake up and experience what happens in that day, and throughout each and every one of those days—every single one, from now until whenever, but if I have my way, whenever will be a long time or prefer
Tara♥

Lots of Derek and Stiles cuddles and not very much talking. It felt like nobody was communicating in this one. I get the title, I really do, I spent ages shouting at Stiles to just say something to his dad and Derek to just talk to Stiles. This is sweet but I found it a bit frustrating and a little anticlimactic tbh.
*Lynn*
Mar 12, 2015 *Lynn* rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
3.5

Liked this one but I missed Stiles humor and his rambling. Still a good read though.
Dalia
Apr 04, 2015 Dalia rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, m-m, sterek-etc
Stiles has insomnia and Derek stays over at his house and helps him get some sleep. They do other interesting things too. Ahem.
Vivian
Mar 07, 2015 Vivian rated it liked it
Action driven Sterek with Alpha pack clash, Peter being difficult, uneasy hunter issues and sweet falling in love. Oh yeah, 'Hey Dad, guess what?' moments to entertain and ahhhs.
Meags
Mar 01, 2015 Meags rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanfic-sterek
4 Stars

Stiles suffers from insomnia, but he seems to be able to sleep on nights when a certain Alpha crawls through his window and snuggles beside him.

I’m a big fan of any Sterek plot that involves these two sleeping next to each other. I especially enjoy when it progresses slowly from we’re-barely-on-good-terms, to whoops-we’re-in-love. *sigh*

The setting is post season 2 canon and there is a decent big-bad plot -- with the evil Alpha pack causing havoc and pretty much asking for their asses to
Rachel
Mar 23, 2015 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: sterek-read

Stiles and Derek hate each other, right? Stiles isn't sleeping, it is implied that Derek really isn't either. Until one night Derek hops through Stiles' window and with out preamble or discussion just share Stiles' bed for the night.

I like the Sterek's where Derek and Stiles start out not liking each other, having an adversarial / allied relationship like they do on the show, and this fic provides that with some angst and fairly IC depictions. It also has a nice tension building betwe
julio
Jun 13, 2015 julio rated it liked it
Shelves: fanfic
takes a while, and you can't tell me nothing about a teenage boy whose sex drive is lower than a nun's, but i got the biggest competency boner when stiles came into his own and started delegating like a boss.
Alvin
Nov 12, 2014 Alvin rated it really liked it
3.75 CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL STARS!

*full review to follow
Julesmarie
Jul 24, 2013 Julesmarie rated it really liked it
A Sterek fanfic set just after the end of season 2 of the show.

This is certainly much more the emo version of Stiles from the end of season 2 than in any other story I've yet read. But that just served to make Derek's influence on him--calming him down and helping him sleep--just that much more endearing.

I enjoyed how much Sheriff Stilinski is in this one. I'm always a sucker for those delightfully awkward introduce-the-werewolf-boyfriend-to-the-dad scenes, and the ones in this story were lovely
Susan
Dec 25, 2015 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: sterek-read, mm
Hmm, what to say about this Sterek. It was okay, but nothing mind-blowing. There were parts I didn’t really like.

In this one Stiles has insomnia.

description

This could have been great, but it never focusses on this. It just is. Stiles is tired, but can function fine apparently. I would have liked it if it was a bit more fleshed out. It is mentioned that he often doesn’t sleep for several days in a row, but that was it, too much tell and no show. It was confusing.

Stiles was not that authentic in this story.
Meep
Jul 28, 2015 Meep rated it it was ok
This is one for actual Teen Wolf(series) fans, I don't think it works reading it as semi-original.

There's some great moments between Derek and Stiles and I loved their unspoken need for each other and how it developed.

The plot has plenty of action to it but also falls into the giant bear trap (wolf-trap?) of fanfic by relying on you knowing the characters and cannon.
Too often I was wondering who people were and feeling the lack of descriptions, alphas? Peter was resurrected? how? what? true fan
Maygirl7
Mar 01, 2015 Maygirl7 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sterek
3.5 stars. Very competent writing but I didn't really feel it so rating not higher. I did like the ending.
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
I've loved this each time I've read it. This is definitely a favorite.
Read 12/13/2014
Reread 5/24/2016
Reread 10/20/2016
Camilla
Jun 19, 2013 Camilla rated it really liked it

A Teenwolf and Stiles/Derek fanfic.

And what a great one too!

My fave fanfics are always the ones that stay as close to the actual Teenwolf plot, well, added some Sterek awesomeness, of course, and this fic really does that.

The storylines revolve around the new Alpha pack and also Stiles trying to find his new place in the pack. For some reason he’s only calm when Derek is around and that leads to kissing, and later on awkward dinner dates including Papa Stilinski! (Honestly, even in fanfics Papa
Anna  (Bananas!)
Mar 15, 2015 Anna (Bananas!) rated it really liked it
Shelves: fanfic-teen-wolf
Reread/scan
Borderstar
Nov 15, 2014 Borderstar rated it really liked it
The whole mood of this one was a bit more serious than I normally like my sterek, but it was actually really good and I didn't want to put it down. Stiles' POV.
Trix
Well deserving 4 stars. I loved the slow way in which Stiles and Derek became a couple. It also had the added bonus of having a good fleshed out story and action scenes happening around the main characters.

(view spoiler)
3.5*
Nepreading
Sep 21, 2016 Nepreading rated it it was amazing
Shelves: growly-wolfy, angsty
insomniac!Stiles, nobody says anything, worried!Sheriff, badass!Stiles, wolfy-hunter-alliance
Vallie
Mar 02, 2015 Vallie rated it it was ok
Shelves: sterek
This was more Teen-wolfy than STEREK-y. It felt sad all around and even the relationship between stiles and Derek didn't seem very exciting to me. They were all so exhausted and sort of depressed that I became exhausted and sort of depressed as well. There were some tender moments but I was looking forward to finishing it.
Ron Bruce
Jan 05, 2016 Ron Bruce rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, shifter, fanfic
A good looking man sleeping over in your bed, actually sleeping?

Not a bad way to make a friend I suppose though talking helps too.

This was rather a nice story and I'm glad Stiles found a cure for his insomnia.
Not sure I'd be sleeping if a werewolf was in my bed...
Julie Curphey
Julie Curphey rated it liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Lisa S
Lisa S rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2016
Dani
Dani rated it it was ok
Aug 04, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Feb 19, 2015
J
J rated it really liked it
Aug 07, 2016
  • Hide Of A Life War
  • Electricity In the Contact
  • Every Step You Take
  • By Any Other Name
  • Just Act Normal (Supernormal, #1)
  • There is a Brotherhood (The Noble Tie That Binds, #1)
  • The Worst Thing I Ever Did
  • Stand Fast in Your Enchantments
  • Fireman Derek's Crazy Pie
  • Play It Again
  • Balloon Animals Are Awesome
  • Prince Among Wolves
  • Kaleidoscope
  • Divided We Stand (The Searching Ceremonies, #1)