Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)

Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Losing half a leg hasn't slowed down Aiden Jones. He can't deploy as a SEAL anymore, but that doesn't stop him from enjoying life as he always has. The one challenge left is to take a woman to bed. It's not his ability he questions, but his appeal. Can a woman overlook his damaged leg?

Marissa Nelson tends bar while working on her dissertation. Cautious by nature, hooking...more
ebook
Published 2012 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Jonesin' For Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jonesin' For Action

Karla

4 Stars!! Very sweet story about a wounded warrior!!

On medical leave from a debilitating injury, Aidan "Jonesin'" Jones is with his team in Key West. Technically no longer a SEAL, they still consider him a comrade, their brother in arms, and invite him along on their weekend getaway. He's still in the Navy, and is contemplating what to do with the rest of his life. He was a medic and is thinking of becoming a Navy doctor. In the meantime, he wants to find a woman that can look past the loss of...more
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Feb 17, 2013 Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict by: Katya
Another sweet short sexy read. Loved Aiden and Marissa however, with this one I would have liked alittle more insight into their future....did not feel as complete as the first two books in the series but still a fun read.
Jenny
Really really short story! I was just getting into the story. Which is very hot and steamy and than it ends. I want to know if they get together for longer than 24 hours. I want to know what happens to them! Would be an excellent story line if it was longer! Needs to be LONNNNGGGER!
Julie Burns
This has to be my favourite if the series so far.
Crammed as much sex as u possibly can in one weekend!
Where they go from here, is entirely up to the reader.
There seemed to b more of a connection between these two characters, than in some of the other books.
Sandra
Loved!!! Really, really loved!

I was Jonesin' for an epilogue though.
Niina
I'm just lovin' these Seals on Fire novellas! Jonesin' for Action is another hit! I haven't read anything by Samantha Cayto before, but I did love her ability to take something as heavy as amputated ex-SEAL, a big bad navy SEAL and not have him wallow in what he can't do, but trying to see if he can have what he used to - and still make one very hot erotic romance!

I loved Jonesin', he was sexy in all the right ways, but I also loved the side of him that was afraid of a woman seeing his leg and t...more
Kay Naughty Book Snitch
Aidan Jones, nicknamed Jonesin', used to be a SEAL. He was wounded in battle and had to have one of his legs amputated right above the knee. He underwent months of physical therapy to regain the ability to do as much as he could. He can never be an active SEAL again and he misses it desperately. There's just one more thing he has to do...have sex. To prove to himself that he is still a man. He goes into a bar to try and find a woman to spend the night with. He wears shorts so that any woman he f...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/bo...

A man with needs, a woman with desires, how can the result not be explosive?

Aiden ‘Jonesin’ Jones is a retired SEAL, who wishes he wasn’t. He’d love to still be working as a medic with the rest of his team; traveling the world, hunting down the bad guys and being the one to help his comrades when things went wrong. But that’s not his life anymore, not since he lost a leg. Now his days are considerably less exciting. One thing would he...more
Jody
Aiden `Jonesin' Jones is dealing with recovering from losing his leg while on a mission. He is out of rehab and planning his future in the Navy but will never be a SEAL's guy again. He is out looking for a woman for the fist time since he lost his leg and finds the perfect woman to deal with his insecurities with wit, humor and a gentle tough love approach that is perfect to get him to relax into a budding relationship. Marissa is smart, sensitive and faces the problem with dignity; she is one i...more
Char (1RadReader59)
Aidan is read to fly solo. Which is so new for him since he has always been a strong force on his team. Yet, when the wheels go up on this next mission Aiden won't be going up again. When he was hit by that IED struck his whole life changed. But, today was huge milestone for him. The team took him water skiing. To most that might not seem like a lot but Aidan is missing part of his leg. Now, he intends to see if his luck will hold out when he trys to score with the ladies like he use to before...more
Djg
#3 SEALs on Fire series (each written by a different author)

This one was a solid 3 with likable characters a bit more developed which is good considering it's a quick read.

Aidan Jones and his buddies are on R&R in Key West. Aidan, a medic is no longer active due to losing part of his leg in combat. He's pondering what he's going to do with his life but first and foremost he's ready to be with a woman again for the first time since losing his leg.

He meets Marissa, a grad-student/bartender and...more
Lost
Jul 03, 2014 Lost rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Quickie, Erotica, Romance
Recommended to Lost by: Amazon
Shelves: erotica
I liked pretty much everything except for the ending. It needs a better ending something longer that address the state of their relationship... But its still an okay read that I'd recommend to readers of the romance genre.
Siobhan Muir
This is the second SEALS on Fire story I've read (it's #3 in the order) and it appealed to me because Aiden was a disabled vet with a missing leg. I liked how Ms. Cayto grasped the emotional turmoil men go through, especially men used to saving the world and everyone around them, when they can no longer do that. Yes, we all know it's a myth - they can't save the world, but she captured his fears beautifully and it made me love the character even more. One common thread through these stories is t...more
Cora

I LOVED the fact that Jonesin had lost part of his leg and was learning to deal with that mentally and physically. I LOVED Marissa. Honestly, the whole thing was great and just long enough to leave me satisfied.
Kelly
Ooh. I liked this one. Aiden is a bit uncertain around Marissa because of his leg and it added a nice sense of vulnerability to him. Marissa was a pretty rockin' chick herself who readily accepted every part of Aiden and didn't let him get away with hiding part of himself from her. And the sex? Smokin'!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Jonesin' For Action was a free Kindle book I downloaded on 02/19/13 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
namericanwordcat
This is a short erotic story with a lot of emotional truths and moments of exactness that make it very special. The story centers around the first time a Navy SEAL who has lost in his leg has sex. The heroine is a PHd. student making her way through school bar tending. They are both smart and caring. The story feels true. It is erotic and very human. Good stuff. I would have been happy to read this as a full novella but was very happy with this quick read as well.
Bernadett Surányi
I didn't expect this book to be so good. I just wanted something easy (and short) to read, and then I found this. And I loved it :)

It was heartwarming, mind-blowing story. I can't help myself I adore wounded heros, and Aiden was well wounded...
I really liked the characters, the writing, it was exactly what I looked for. To summarise: it was a very well-written book :)
Betty
A very hot and erotic read! Aiden Jones is a Navy seal who has lost his leg from the knee down. He is still recouperating and wondering if he can still perform sexually with a woman without embarrassing her or himself. He stops at a bar for a drink and is trying to get the courage to pick up the female bartender when she picks him up! Soon the fun begins. This was a short sexy fun read!
starsaga
A good book in this series
I really liked this short book, the hero is has a real problem to deal with a prosthetic leg and the heroine is one of the sweetest and helps him deal with it. Even though the story is really short, I was happy to read about this couple and think they have a real future, even though its only hinted at in the book.
Susan Sheehey
Excellent writing, great characters (for as short as it was, she did a great job of fully developing them). But it was so short there was hardly room to develop a real conflict/tension, and I could have used a more conclusive ending. Left a little too open for interpretation. But overall, well done for how short it was.
So this is my favourite. It's a quick sexy book but Aiden is a ex seal discharged from active service because of injuries sustains in last mission. He has 1 leg and amputated below knee. I really liked that this was realistic. Aiden was very sensitive about his leg and marrisa seeing it. Good story. HEA
alligator
Sweet and sexy hot romance between a wounded SEAL warrior and the special woman he finds while looking for a one night stand in a bar. This is one of a series but can be read on its own. Actually I was hoping more of the other guys would show up but only a few of the books in this series do that.
Turtles
I thought this would be longer than 4 chapters of mostly vanilla sex. But I think the author did this couple's story a disservice by keeping the book so short. I really enjoyed reading about our hero get back on his feet, so to say, after loosing most of one leg.
Shelly
Quick steamy read. I was surprised to find myself a little teary eyed at Jones' nerves about his disability. I think the author handled it well, and it was overall a really cute read. I might go check out the others in this series.
Jeanie V.
Short erotic story period. Really good, short, erotic story. :) Would have loved for the story to continue on... hopefully there's a sequel/continuation in the works??? Would definitely read it if there was one, hint hint! :)
McKenna
I really loved this short story. The hero being wounded and having lost his leg only added depth to the story and made me love him more. The heroine was sassy and just want this Sailor needed.
Jenny Miller
steamy & explicit, but really seems like it's just a small part of a bigger story. I believe there are other books in this series that will fill it out a bit more.
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Another insta-love in this series. Still hot, sweaty and sometimes sweet. Aidan tugged at the heart strings, I love a wounded hero.

Joni
This was a really good short story and out of the 3 Seals on Fire I have read so far I think this one is my favorite.
Joelle
Great read. Looking forward to reading more of the Seals on Fire Series and to other books by Samantha Cayto.
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • Conquering Zeus (SEALs On Fire, #7)
  • Coyote Heat (SEALs On Fire #1)
  • Bad Girl Lessons
  • Jimmy (Red, Hot & Blue, #3)
  • Scandal and Sin (Men with Tools, #1)
  • The Hermit
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Lovers' Feud (Caden Kink, #1)
  • The Silken Edge (Silken Edge, #1)
  • More Than a Promise (Second Gift Series #2)
  • Retreat Hell! She Just Got Here (1 Night Stand, Always a Marine, #2)
  • Double Down (Vegas Top Guns, #1)
  • Mercy Bound
  • Handcuffed by Her Hero (The W.I.L.D. Boys Of Special Forces, #2)
Samantha Cayto is a Boston-area native who practices as a business lawyer by day while writing erotic romance at night—the steamier the better. She likes to push the envelope when it comes to writing about passion and is delighted other women agree that guy-on-guy sex is the hottest ever.

She lives a typical suburban life with her husband, three kids and four dogs. Her children don’t understand why...more
More about Samantha Cayto...
Wet Ride: Toys-4-Us Series Locked and Loaded (Cougar Challenge, #11) Catching Eagle's Eye (SEALs Going Hot, #3) One Night in a Dungeon Mistress Mine (1-800-DOM-help)