Start by marking “Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)” as Want to Read:
Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)

Jonesin' For Action (SEALs On Fire #3)

Losing half a leg hasn't slowed down Aiden Jones. He can't deploy as a SEAL anymore, but that doesn't stop him from enjoying life as he always has. The one challenge left is to take a woman to bed. It's not his ability he questions, but his appeal. Can a woman overlook his damaged leg?

Marissa Nelson tends bar while working on her dissertation. Cautious by nature, hooking
ebook
Published 2012 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Jonesin' For Action, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jonesin' For Action

Karla

4 Stars!! Very sweet story about a wounded warrior!!

On medical leave from a debilitating injury, Aidan "Jonesin'" Jones is with his team in Key West. Technically no longer a SEAL, they still consider him a comrade, their brother in arms, and invite him along on their weekend getaway. He's still in the Navy, and is contemplating what to do with the rest of his life. He was a medic and is thinking of becoming a Navy doctor. In the meantime, he wants to find a woman that can look past the loss of
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
Feb 17, 2013 Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ rated it really liked it
Recommended to Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️ by: Katya
Another sweet short sexy read. Loved Aiden and Marissa however, with this one I would have liked alittle more insight into their future....did not feel as complete as the first two books in the series but still a fun read.
Jenny
Feb 21, 2013 Jenny rated it really liked it
Really really short story! I was just getting into the story. Which is very hot and steamy and than it ends. I want to know if they get together for longer than 24 hours. I want to know what happens to them! Would be an excellent story line if it was longer! Needs to be LONNNNGGGER!
Talltree
Sep 27, 2015 Talltree rated it really liked it
3.75 stars!
Julie Burns
This has to be my favourite if the series so far.
Crammed as much sex as u possibly can in one weekend!
Where they go from here, is entirely up to the reader.
There seemed to b more of a connection between these two characters, than in some of the other books.
Sandra
Loved!!! Really, really loved!

I was Jonesin' for an epilogue though.
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.com/bo...

A man with needs, a woman with desires, how can the result not be explosive?

Aiden ‘Jonesin’ Jones is a retired SEAL, who wishes he wasn’t. He’d love to still be working as a medic with the rest of his team; traveling the world, hunting down the bad guys and being the one to help his comrades when things went wrong. But that’s not his life anymore, not since he lost a leg. Now his days are considerably less exciting. One thing would he
Kay
Dec 14, 2013 Kay rated it liked it
Aidan Jones, nicknamed Jonesin', used to be a SEAL. He was wounded in battle and had to have one of his legs amputated right above the knee. He underwent months of physical therapy to regain the ability to do as much as he could. He can never be an active SEAL again and he misses it desperately. There's just one more thing he has to do...have sex. To prove to himself that he is still a man. He goes into a bar to try and find a woman to spend the night with. He wears shorts so that any woman he f ...more
Niina
Apr 10, 2013 Niina rated it really liked it
I'm just lovin' these Seals on Fire novellas! Jonesin' for Action is another hit! I haven't read anything by Samantha Cayto before, but I did love her ability to take something as heavy as amputated ex-SEAL, a big bad navy SEAL and not have him wallow in what he can't do, but trying to see if he can have what he used to - and still make one very hot erotic romance!

I loved Jonesin', he was sexy in all the right ways, but I also loved the side of him that was afraid of a woman seeing his leg and t
Jane
Aiden `Jonesin' Jones is dealing with recovering from losing his leg while on a mission in Jonesin' For Action. He is out of rehab and planning his future in the Navy but will never be a SEAL's guy again. He is out looking for a woman for the fist time since he lost his leg and finds the perfect woman to deal with his insecurities with wit, humor and a gentle tough love approach that is perfect to get him to relax into a budding relationship. Marissa is smart, sensitive and faces the problem wit ...more
Char (1RadReader59)
Feb 24, 2013 Char (1RadReader59) rated it it was amazing
Aidan is read to fly solo. Which is so new for him since he has always been a strong force on his team. Yet, when the wheels go up on this next mission Aiden won't be going up again. When he was hit by that IED struck his whole life changed. But, today was huge milestone for him. The team took him water skiing. To most that might not seem like a lot but Aidan is missing part of his leg. Now, he intends to see if his luck will hold out when he trys to score with the ladies like he use to before ...more
Djg
May 24, 2014 Djg rated it liked it
#3 SEALs on Fire series (each written by a different author)

This one was a solid 3 with likable characters a bit more developed which is good considering it's a quick read.

Aidan Jones and his buddies are on R&R in Key West. Aidan, a medic is no longer active due to losing part of his leg in combat. He's pondering what he's going to do with his life but first and foremost he's ready to be with a woman again for the first time since losing his leg.

He meets Marissa, a grad-student/bartender and
Siobhan Muir
Mar 03, 2013 Siobhan Muir rated it really liked it
This is the second SEALS on Fire story I've read (it's #3 in the order) and it appealed to me because Aiden was a disabled vet with a missing leg. I liked how Ms. Cayto grasped the emotional turmoil men go through, especially men used to saving the world and everyone around them, when they can no longer do that. Yes, we all know it's a myth - they can't save the world, but she captured his fears beautifully and it made me love the character even more. One common thread through these stories is t ...more
Kelly
Feb 23, 2013 Kelly rated it really liked it
Ooh. I liked this one. Aiden is a bit uncertain around Marissa because of his leg and it added a nice sense of vulnerability to him. Marissa was a pretty rockin' chick herself who readily accepted every part of Aiden and didn't let him get away with hiding part of himself from her. And the sex? Smokin'!

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

Jonesin' For Action was a free Kindle book I downloaded on 02/19/13 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
Bernadett Surányi
Nov 22, 2013 Bernadett Surányi rated it it was amazing
I didn't expect this book to be so good. I just wanted something easy (and short) to read, and then I found this. And I loved it :)

It was heartwarming, mind-blowing story. I can't help myself I adore wounded heros, and Aiden was well wounded...
I really liked the characters, the writing, it was exactly what I looked for. To summarise: it was a very well-written book :)
namericanwordcat
This is a short erotic story with a lot of emotional truths and moments of exactness that make it very special. The story centers around the first time a Navy SEAL who has lost in his leg has sex. The heroine is a PHd. student making her way through school bar tending. They are both smart and caring. The story feels true. It is erotic and very human. Good stuff. I would have been happy to read this as a full novella but was very happy with this quick read as well.
Nov 26, 2013 Sarah rated it it was amazing
So this is my favourite. It's a quick sexy book but Aiden is a ex seal discharged from active service because of injuries sustains in last mission. He has 1 leg and amputated below knee. I really liked that this was realistic. Aiden was very sensitive about his leg and marrisa seeing it. Good story. HEA
Susan Sheehey
May 13, 2013 Susan Sheehey rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Excellent writing, great characters (for as short as it was, she did a great job of fully developing them). But it was so short there was hardly room to develop a real conflict/tension, and I could have used a more conclusive ending. Left a little too open for interpretation. But overall, well done for how short it was.
Victoria
3.5 RATING- As soon as I read the blurb for this book, I skipped over book two in the series to start it. I love wounded warrior hero's! This was a short story, basically a snapshot into a weekend of an injured former Navy SEAL and the woman he meets that helps him get some of his confidence back. Not much to it at all but a quick, sweet read.
starsaga
Mar 05, 2013 starsaga rated it really liked it
A good book in this series
I really liked this short book, the hero is has a real problem to deal with a prosthetic leg and the heroine is one of the sweetest and helps him deal with it. Even though the story is really short, I was happy to read about this couple and think they have a real future, even though its only hinted at in the book.
Betty
Feb 28, 2013 Betty rated it it was amazing
A very hot and erotic read! Aiden Jones is a Navy seal who has lost his leg from the knee down. He is still recouperating and wondering if he can still perform sexually with a woman without embarrassing her or himself. He stops at a bar for a drink and is trying to get the courage to pick up the female bartender when she picks him up! Soon the fun begins. This was a short sexy fun read!
Shelly
Quick steamy read. I was surprised to find myself a little teary eyed at Jones' nerves about his disability. I think the author handled it well, and it was overall a really cute read. I might go check out the others in this series.
Jeanie V.
Mar 07, 2013 Jeanie V. rated it really liked it
Short erotic story period. Really good, short, erotic story. :) Would have loved for the story to continue on... hopefully there's a sequel/continuation in the works??? Would definitely read it if there was one, hint hint! :)
Hannah
Mar 08, 2015 Hannah rated it it was amazing
So far my favorite of the the SEAL's on Fire series. Aidan was the sweetheart women dream about in the "real world". Marissa was just as sweet but still a little sassy. This was a really short story but I would've liked it to be a little longer because I really enjoyed these 2 characters.
K
Jul 03, 2014 K rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Quickie, Erotica, Romance
Recommended to K by: Amazon
Shelves: erotica
I liked pretty much everything except for the ending. It needs a better ending something longer that address the state of their relationship... But its still an okay read that I'd recommend to readers of the romance genre.
Cora
Jan 21, 2014 Cora rated it it was amazing

I LOVED the fact that Jonesin had lost part of his leg and was learning to deal with that mentally and physically. I LOVED Marissa. Honestly, the whole thing was great and just long enough to leave me satisfied.
Turtles
Jan 19, 2013 Turtles rated it liked it
Shelves: stories-modern
I thought this would be longer than 4 chapters of mostly vanilla sex. But I think the author did this couple's story a disservice by keeping the book so short. I really enjoyed reading about our hero get back on his feet, so to say, after loosing most of one leg.
AlligatorSmith
Sweet and sexy hot romance between a wounded SEAL warrior and the special woman he finds while looking for a one night stand in a bar. This is one of a series but can be read on its own. Actually I was hoping more of the other guys would show up but only a few of the books in this series do that.
Lori
So so so sexxy

Another story I wish that was longer to get to know the characters better, and of course their activities :) a great short read
McKenna
I really loved this short story. The hero being wounded and having lost his leg only added depth to the story and made me love him more. The heroine was sassy and just want this Sailor needed.
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Conquering Zeus (SEALs On Fire, #7)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • Coyote Heat (SEALs On Fire #1)
  • His Road Home
  • Double Down (Vegas Top Guns, #1)
  • Bad Girl Lessons (Gresham County, #1)
  • Being Delightful
  • Valentine From A Soldier (Soldier, #2)
  • For Want of an Angel (The Fallen Warriors #3)
  • Sinful Southern Ink (Sinful South, #1)
  • Lovers' Feud (Caden Kink, #1)
  • The Key
  • Retreat Hell! She Just Got Here (Always a Marine, #2)
  • Spanking Ms. Whitman
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
Samantha Cayto is a Boston-area native who practices as a business lawyer by day while writing erotic romance at night—the steamier the better. She likes to push the envelope when it comes to writing about passion and is delighted other women agree that guy-on-guy sex is the hottest ever.

She lives a typical suburban life with her husband, three kids and four dogs. Her children don’t understand why
More about Samantha Cayto...

SEALs On Fire (8 books)
  • Coyote Heat (SEALs On Fire #1)
  • Dagger's Edge (SEALs On Fire #2)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Melting Ice (SEALs On Fire #5)
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • Conquering Zeus (SEALs On Fire, #7)
  • Tripped Up (SEALs On Fire, #8)