Start by marking “It Happened One Valentine's Day: An Avon Romance Valentine's Day Sampler” as Want to Read:
It Happened One Valentine's Day: An Avon Romance Valentine's Day Sampler

It Happened One Valentine's Day: An Avon Romance Valentine's Day Sampler

Celebrate Valentine's Day with Avon Books and an enchanting free e-book sampler, It Happened One Valentine's Day. With excerpts from fourteen new, upcoming, and fan favorite Avon and Avon Impulse novels and novellas, including an introduction from Eloisa James.

It Happened One Valentine's Day: An Avon Romance Valentine's Day Sampler includes excerpts from:

The Trouble with V
Published February 12th 2013 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about It Happened One Valentine's Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Happened One Valentine's Day

Jess the Romanceaholic
It's important to note that these are EXCERPTS, and NOT novellas. It's a sampler, not an anthology. First chapter teasers here folks, which I admit, was disappointing, but, that's what I get for not reading the blurb :P

I'm most excited to read Eloisa James' Once Upon a Tower and Jeaniene Frost's Twice Tempted when they come out, based on what I've read here.

No rating, because, well, there wasn't really enough for me to rate. *shrugs* {I'm still counting it towards my "books read in 2013" though
Sharon Powers
May 24, 2014 Sharon Powers rated it liked it

It Happened One Valentine's Day: An Avon Romance Sampler, by Multiple Authors.

This book is comprised entirely of the first chapters of books by the included authors. It is a true "Sampler" of not only the listed authors, but of different genres of romance--from simple romance to historical and even paranormal romance. I chose to download and read this book because I don't, generally, read romance novels and wanted a good sampling. I got it in spades!

This book, entirely free on Amazon, is rated
Bea
Feb 17, 2013 Bea rated it really liked it
Shelves: written-reviews
I only read Jeaniene Frost's story. I was upset that it only contained one chapter for Twice Tempted. But I'm even more excited for Vlad. UGH YUM. I can't wait! I don't wannnnaaa wait until March! D:
Photobucket
Cheryl Harper
Feb 11, 2013 Cheryl Harper added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books-woo-hoo
I'm not rating this one because I'm in it. (squeal. backflip. squeal!) But I did read all the excerpts and added more than a few things to my tbr list. I also bought one. So...that's good. I was running out of books (ha. ahaha-ahaha. NOT REALLY).
Tracy
Feb 10, 2013 Tracy rated it really liked it
Shelves: on-my-reader
------ I received this book from Edelweiss and the publisher for my honest review------

If you are looking to sample a bunch of Romance book than this is the book for you. In this one book you get the first chapter or two of 14 books. This is a great way to find some new authors, because I know that if you already like the author you will probably want to have the whole book and not just a chapter or two. So from that perspective, if you already know that you like several of the authors or storie
Kat ~ Forever Book Lover ♥
To be quite honest, this is a book of first chapters on several wonderful authors, in fact I think I have read all but two of the books spotlighted in this book.

If you want to read a snippet of these authors writing, this is a great way before you invest in the book. You can learn new authors, like Jennifer McQuiston or read some of your favorites: Eloisa James, Lynsay Sands and others. This would be a wonderful book to cuddle next to the fire on those wintery days or take to the beach if you a
Lisa Hoang aka The Consummate Reader
I loved that it was a compilation of love centered stories that come from various sub-levels of romance. There's story lines set during the 1800s of Victorian-style England, paranormal romance involving vampires mixed with a little action worked into the plot. There was one story that rubbed me the wrong way. Jennifer Ryan's Saved By the Rancher is about a woman who made the mistake of marrying a rich guy who physically abuses her and still terrorizes her after their divorce. I have inklings abo ...more
Mel
Note: Even though it's an anthology of excerpts, I've been wanting to read this compilation since the moment is was announced. But for some reason it always shows (still does) as not currently available for purchase for me at Amazon.com. Yet, I just went into the iTunes store and not only did I found the book, I was able to download it at the promised free rate. I'm don't understand it; it's official, I'm baffled.
Lulu
Feb 12, 2013 Lulu rated it liked it
Freebie with 14 first chapters of upcoming releases. I haven't read all 14 yet but found myself intrigued by a couple of writers. I did read the 1st chapter of Jeaniene Frost's 2nd Vlad book which is included. It has reinforced my decision to wait until all 3 books are out in this trilogy before picking it up again. Vlad is his usual disdainful, detached self and I kind of like my Heroes to at least appear to like their heroine so I'll wait until the last book is out sometime next year.
Jovanie
Mar 02, 2013 Jovanie rated it really liked it
Absolutely remarkable. I certainly enjoyed the brief chapters/ descriptions provided, while authors promoting their own work to receive more attention. All of these short stories associated in this ebook had a spark that well- defined increased interest and amusement, such a variety of different emotion. Occured on a romantic holiday.
Dixie
Jan 26, 2015 Dixie rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
This has a nice assortment of first chapters. There's a great blend of contemporary and historical romance, along with several paranormal entries. I enjoyed the varied writing styles and will pursue several for future reading.
Denise McLendon
Ok for a sampler

Knowing that this was a sampler, I did put a few stories on my wishlist. I will end up buying a few titles.
Feb 12, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
Good book...lots of authors...some stories were just too short so I will be looking up those authors :)
Sonya Thornton
Mar 19, 2013 Sonya Thornton rated it really liked it
This sampler was a good way to figure out if I wanted to read the books within it or not. This booked saved me some time and introduced me to new authors and series.
Dottie Legatos
Feb 13, 2013 Dottie Legatos rated it did not like it
Shelves: read-in-2013
This was just an assortment of first chapters of new titles by authors I don't usually read.
Sandy
Feb 09, 2013 Sandy rated it liked it
Great way to find yourself some reading material for the foreseeable future. Or maybe an author you've been thinking of trying. Nice little tasty bites for Valentine's Day.
Melissa
Feb 27, 2013 Melissa rated it liked it
A good sampler, but would have preferred more historical. Just my preference.
Robin Barton
Robin Barton rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2013
Caitlin Watts
Caitlin Watts rated it it was ok
Jun 21, 2014
Vasia
Vasia rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Jane Diehl
Jane Diehl rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Patricia Morrow
Patricia Morrow rated it liked it
May 25, 2015
Anne Amedeo
Anne Amedeo rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2014
Erica
Erica rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2013
Crystal Shively
Crystal Shively rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2013
Kylie Prattley
Kylie Prattley rated it it was amazing
Jul 27, 2015
Faith
Faith rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2016
Sbboys
Sbboys rated it it was amazing
Dec 04, 2013
Lenread1
Lenread1 rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2015
  • Lucky's Charms
  • Great Escapes: An Avon Summer eBook Sampler
  • Silent Mercy (A Mercy Gunderson Mystery, #2.5)
  • Club Monstrosity (Monstrosity, #1)
  • The One That Got Away (includes: Effingtons, #8.5)
  • The Gates of Hell
  • Naya’s Most Important Visitors (Psy-Changeling, #10.7)
  • Entangled: An Unexpected Menage (The Erotic Adventures of Jane in the Jungle, #2)
  • I Love Lucy (The Bachelor Pact)
  • Wilder Family Halloween
  • Expecting Eternity (Vamp Life, #2)
  • Less Than a Gentleman (Historical #2)
  • Forgotten Wishes
  • Winged Sex (Breeds Short Story)
  • Somewhere My Lass (Somewhere in Time, #2)
  • Rules for a Lady
  • Knight's Caress
  • Blood For Ink (Scarlet Plumiere, #1)
New York Times bestselling author Eloisa James writes historical romances for HarperCollins Publishers. Her novels have been published to great acclaim. A reviewer from USA Today wrote of Eloisa's very first book that she "found herself devouring the book like a dieter with a Hershey bar"; later People Magazine raved that "romance writing does not get much better than this." Her novels have repeat ...more
More about Eloisa James...