Start by marking “Winter of Wishes (Seasons of the Heart #3)” as Want to Read:
Winter of Wishes (Seasons of the Heart #3)

Winter of Wishes (Seasons of the Heart #3)

A heartwarming new voice for fans of Beverly Lewis." --Emma Miller Snow is falling, cookies are baking, and Christmas is just around the corner in Willow Ridge, Missouri, where a new season marks fresh beginnings for the residents of the tranquil Amish town. . .

Winter Of Wishes

Published September 3rd 2013 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Winter of Wishes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter of Wishes

Judy
Sep 25, 2013 Judy rated it it was amazing
Romance Is In The Air!

I have read all the books in this series so far. The author did not disappoint me with this book either. She brings the characters in this book to life and dares you to fall in love with them. I did! I loved how the community comes to the aid of someone who isn't one of them.

To add adventure to this story author Charlotte Hubbard continues with a character from previous books that you'd love to strangle! Such a troublemaker and a Bishop to boot!

The main character in this bo
Arlene
Mar 11, 2017 Arlene rated it it was amazing
To me, this series gets better with each book. Have loved them all.
Jasmyn
This was a really different Amish romance and nothing like what I expected. Rhoda is discontent with her life. She feels like the odd one out as both her sister and mother are getting married and moving on with a new life with new families. She feels a change in the air and jumps into a new job without looking back. I have to say, I admire her bravery for taking that leap.

That leap leads to more than just a great job that she loves. It leads to a family that deparately needs her - and even if s
Book Him Danno
I enjoyed this book and I really love this series…I always want to know what new adventure the Lantz family is getting themselves into. On top of the fact that you learn so many interesting things about the Amish people also. That said I have never wanted to be Amish…too many things I think I would miss in the modern day world I live in….but many wonderful things could be said about living a simple life for sure! I do love the fact that they seem happy living without all the thing we thing are a ...more
Janice Aitkens
Sep 21, 2013 Janice Aitkens rated it it was amazing
I read this on the Kindle

This was the 3rd book in the series & it certainly not like a lot of Amish books i have read

You have characters you love then 1 you really dislike & your wanting him (The Bishop) to get what due to him
While he showing the Amish in a bad light the rest of the people show how loving they are

You have Women who show they are not afraid to stand up for themselves against the Bishop you feel sorry for his family

You have Andy who is a Englischer (Non Amish) & needs
Tammy Bernadt
May 10, 2015 Tammy Bernadt rated it it was amazing
Takes place in Willow Ridge. If I met the character Rhoda Lantz. She would be awesome to know has a friend. Rhoda thought she be living in a apartment above the blacksmith shop. Well she found something better. She took a job in a English home. The changes in her life starts has soon has she steps inside their home. Love how she changed their life's too.. The bishop in this book got under my skin. How this commuty stuck together is wonderful. I was shock to read the part where the English took h ...more
Linda Bourg
Mar 11, 2015 Linda Bourg rated it it was amazing
This is book 3 in the Seasons of the Heart Series. I enjoyed this one too. Rhoda thought love had passed her by, even her mother had found a beau and was getting married soon. Then she gets a job working for a young man while he is going to med school to watch his 2 kids and his mother. And of course love does eventually bloom. And Bishop Knepp well lets just say he is still a miserable old man and he is still causing chaos. I have 2 more in this series to get too and i do plan on reading them a ...more
Tina at Mommynificent
While I really am enjoying this series, I didn't like this book as much as the first two. Some of the things that happened were a little too hard for me to believe. I still love the characters and am looking forward to the next book, which it appears is actually An Amish Country Christmas instead of Breath of Spring which is labelled as book 4. I'm glad I noticed that now because I hate reading books out of order!
Ann Green
May 25, 2017 Ann Green rated it liked it
Enjoyed this series! Characters are interesting and so are the delicious recipes included at the back of the book!
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
"You're interested in the position?"

There was a hopeful upturn in Andy Leitner's voice as it came through the phone. "I was wondering if the store owners had taken my note down."

Rhoda's heart raced. "Jah, I'd like to talk to you about it, " she gushed. "But ya should understand right out that I don't have a car, on account of how we Amish don't believe in ownin'-I mean, I'm not preachin' at ya, or-"

She winced. "This is comin' out all wrong. Sorry," she rasped. "My name's Rhoda Lantz, and I'm in
Tara Lee
Sep 06, 2013 Tara Lee rated it it was amazing
I don't read books like this often. I'm more of a fantasy/paranormal kind of person as evidenced by many of the reviews I have posted here. But every once in a while I'll review a book like Winter of Wishes by Charlotte Hubbard and it's a total breath of fresh air. There's no fantasy world to try and figure out or complex creatures to try and remember. It's just straightforward good writing.

Rhoda seems to be stuck in a rut. Everyone is moving on with their lives around her but she's at a stand s
Ruth Hill
Oct 03, 2013 Ruth Hill rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013-reads, christian
It seems there is a plethora of Amish fiction books out there, and many are very well-written. I can name off several authors that have become best-sellers in this genre. But I believe that with this book, another author needs to join these ranks as well. In fact, with this book, Charlotte Hubbard has moved to the top of my list of Amish authors! I have loved her writings for some time, but this book has to be the perfect Amish book! it has everything--romance, mystery, reality, true love, and a ...more
Sep 13, 2013 Laura rated it really liked it
Title: WINTER OF WISHES
Author: Charlotte Hubbard
Publisher: Kensington Books
September 2013
ISBN: 978-1-4201-2171-5
Genre: Amish

As another year draws to a close in Willow Ridge, life seems to be changing for everyone but Rhoda Lantz. Her widowed mother is about to remarry, her sister is a busy newlywed, and soo
Ibjoy1953 Hannabass
Oct 10, 2013 Ibjoy1953 Hannabass rated it it was amazing
I Loved this Amish story! Rhoda Lantz was feeling kind of left out because everyone had something going on in their life except her. But that all changed when she found an advertisement posted at a store, an ad for help taking care of children and a mom. Rhoda was very excited and answered the ad, even though it was posted by an Englischer.

I have enjoyed reading about the Lantz family, and enjoyed reading Rhoda’s story. Charlotte Hubbard has created wonderful characters for this series, and I fo
D.J.

Winter of Wishes was fantastic! I can’t say enough about it!

In this installment, Miriam is preparing to marry Ben, Rachel is happily married to Micah, but Rhoda is left on her own—something she hasn’t gotten used to—and she applies for a job with an English family. What will happen to her if she gets more involved with the family—especially the dad who is divorced—and how would such a thing affect her family… and her community?

I loved how Charlotte showed Hiram’s character flaws, without going f
Sonja
Jan 06, 2015 Sonja rated it it was amazing
The book takes place in Willow Ridge and the story revolves around activities of the Sweet Season's Cafe run by Mirian, mother of Rhoda, who this story was about.

Rhoda has been working at the Cafe and finds a posting from a young single father looking for help raising his two children and caring for his mother who was recovering from a stroke. Rhoda responds to the post and is offered the job, which she takes.

She immediately becomes attached to the family and becomes an integral part of their
Maureen Timerman
Nov 05, 2013 Maureen Timerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
I am an avid reader, and read a lot of Amish, Charlotte Hubbard/Naomi King is among the best. Her stories ring so true, and keep your attention right to the end.
Winter of Wishes, is just one of those page turners. We follow up with all of the characters we have come to love, from our previous step into their lives. In this story our Rhoda Lantz is about to accept a job working for a divorced single father of two. He also has his Mother living with him, she is now handicapped from a stroke.
You
Deanna
Jan 08, 2014 Deanna rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put it down and definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys the following: Amish culture, sweet Christian faith based love stories, funny kids, strong family ties, faith amidst adversity, a quickly moving story line.

I was given this book as a gift because I'm a huge fan of Amish fiction. .. esp inspirational love stories. I enjoyed how Charlotte Hubbard thinks outside the Amish romance box. I don't know how authentic the interactions are esp regarding the Lantz's relationship
Cheryl Malandrinos
Jul 23, 2016 Cheryl Malandrinos rated it it was amazing
I think I have found a new favorite Charlotte Hubbard book. I've truly loved all the books in this series, but this one is outstanding. I stayed up late--way too late--reading it and would sneak moments in during the day to read a few pages.

The wonderful thing about Amish fiction is that sense of community they bring; so while Rhoda and Andy's story is the focus of Winter of Wishes, the reader is also brought up to date on the Hooley brothers, their aunts Jerusalem and Nazareth, Preacher Tom, th
Melina
Sep 27, 2013 Melina rated it it was amazing
This was a charming story that gave a good glimpse into the Amish way of life. Rhoda was such a down-to-earth character, I really liked her. Even though this was fiction, I think it gave a good example of what it is like to live in the Amish Faith. Rhoda developed feelings for Andy, even though she knew it was wrong. I wish I would have read the first books in the series though, I wasn't really lost, but I think I would have understood some things better. I also liked how the community didn't pu ...more
Dorry Lou
Apr 25, 2014 Dorry Lou rated it liked it
This was a good story to learn about the Amish people and their way of life. There is a family , well mother, father deceased, and 3 daughters. One daughter is married, one had been adopted by non-amish people because of a accident when she was very young, and Rhoda a single girl without much excitement in her life. Rebecca, the non-amish one has located her real parents and becomes part of the family while still remaining "Engish". Rhoda decides she will take a job helping a man that has a moth ...more
Connie  Lynch
Jul 23, 2016 Connie Lynch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joyful reading continues this series

Winter of Wishes is absolutely delightful. Charlotte Hubbard continues the twist and turns of this wonderfully written series. Rhoda Lantz is just the sweetest Amish young lady who yearns to find the Love of Her life. Sadly she meets her love when she applies to be a caregiver in the home of Andy Leitner who is English. The road to true love is not paved of fresh fallen snow, it is more an ice covered winding path. They encounter a ban, another possible ban, a
Shirley Hailstock
Sep 17, 2013 Shirley Hailstock rated it it was amazing
WINTER OF WISHES is the latest book in Charlotte Hubbard’s Seasons of the Heart series. This is the second book in this series I've read and I’m sure I’ll read all of them. Charlotte really has a flare for writing like the Amish people live. Her story grabs you and wanting to know what happens next keeps you turning the pages. In WINTER OF WISHES Andy and Rhoda come from two different worlds. Witnessing their emerging love along the lively secondary characters is worth the adventure. Get this on ...more
Janie  R. Freeman
Nov 16, 2013 Janie R. Freeman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
This is the last book of the this series, and my favorite one of the three. I love Rhoda Lantz's character! There were other characters in the books before that were also good. This book had the Christmas-like feeling with the anticipation of Christmas among the Amish. There was romance,and love, lots of good food, and Amish recipes at the end of the book. It was a fast-paced book, and I liked that!
Kelly Tyree
Nov 08, 2016 Kelly Tyree rated it it was amazing
I love this series! It keeps your interest yet is so heart warming. I cannot wait to read the next one in the series to see how it all turns out. I am so glad Miriam and Ben finally got hitched in this book!

I also love the great recipes in the back, how thoughtful of Charlotte Hubbard to include all the great recipes to the dishes we read the characters making.
Beth Pearson
Mar 25, 2014 Beth Pearson rated it really liked it
This was by far the best Amish book I've read for a good fiction story set among Amish people. For living a simple life, there were more complications in this story than just a possible romance. After starting it, I could tell it was in a series (and I hadn't read the first one/s) but I didn't feel like I was lost or anything. I would recommend this to anyone who likes a clean romance story.
Rachel
Feb 01, 2015 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish-fiction
Great story line! I loved that it made me think deeply about whether I 'wanted' what seemed to be the natural result, which would have been immoral in my belief, or whether the author would come up with an alternative option. Sure enough.... the author surprised me and kept my attention to the end. Bonus recipes were a pleasant surprise, as well.
Krissie
May 23, 2014 Krissie rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014
Rhoda will be alone in her cozy apartment above the blacksmith's shop. An ad posted by an Englischer looking for someone to help with his mother and children may offer just the companionship she's looking for,
Annette K Hernandez
Good clean reading.

Another Amish family established. Another man spirited bishops antics. He is simply a greedy, selfish, and resentful person. Luckily the Amish community knows his number.
Mary Lou
Mar 06, 2016 Mary Lou rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love conquers all through faith and beliefs.

Raised in NEPA and well aware of the Amish Heritage/Faith, this book brings forth that faith, love and trust can overcome anything put in our way.
  • Rosemary Opens Her Heart (Home at Cedar Creek, #2)
  • Rebecca's Christmas Gift
  • Katie's Choice (Clover Ridge #2)
  • A Home for Lydia (The Pebble Creek Amish, #2)
  • The Bargain (Plain City Peace, #1)
  • Annie's Christmas Wish (Quilts of Lancaster County, #4)
  • Hidden Mercies
  • A Christmas Gift for Rose
  • Sarah's Christmas Miracle
  • Amish Christmas Joy (Brides of Amish Country, #9)
  • The Hidden Life (Amish Quilt, #2)
  • Rebecca's Rose (Forever After in Apple Lake #2)
  • The Letters (Inn at Eagle Hill #1)
  • Valley of Hope  (Amish of Lancaster #4)
  • The Winnowing Season (Amish Vines and Orchards, #2)
  • A Season of Love (Kauffman Amish Bakery #5)
Drawing upon her experiences in Jamesport, the largest Old Order Amish community west of the Mississippi, longtime Missourian Charlotte Hubbard (a.k.a. Naomi King) writes of simpler times and a faith-based lifestyle in her new Seasons of the Heart series. Like her heroine, Miriam Lantz, Charlotte considers it her personal mission to feed people—to share hearth and home. Faith and family, farming a ...more
More about Charlotte Hubbard...

Seasons of the Heart (6 books)
  • Summer of Secrets (Seasons of the Heart #1)
  • Autumn Winds (Seasons of the Heart #2)
  • Breath of Spring (Seasons of the Heart, #4)
  • Harvest of Blessings (Seasons of the Heart #5)
  • The Christmas Cradle (Seasons of the Heart #6)

“None of us lives unto ourselves. We’re each a part of the whole, a member of our community and of God’s world.” 3 likes