Start by marking “These Inconvenient Fireworks” as Want to Read:
These Inconvenient Fireworks

These Inconvenient Fireworks

4.8 of 5 stars 4.80  ·  rating details  ·  397 ratings  ·  41 reviews
One Direction Fanfic
Future AU in which nobody tries out for X Factor but the boys end up finding one other eventually anyway. Louis is a jaded bastard who owns a cat named Duchess and teaches drama to teenagers, Harry is an idealistic aspiring photographer/part-time footy coach, Zayn teaches English lit and wears leather jackets, Liam saves people from burning buildings, a
Free Online Fiction, 591 pages
Published 2012 by Wattpad

Cristina T.
These Inconvenient Fireworks is fanfiction. One Direction fanfiction. Now, if you have a problem with that, don't bother reading the rest of this review.

A couple years ago, my best friend introduced me to One Direction. She asked me to listen to "What makes you beautiful", calling the boys fun and cheeky. Being the cynical bitch I am–and keeping in mind that all the cool people hated 1D, so why should I even listen to one of their songs to form a personal opinion?–I was like "Seriously?! One Dir
D
Sep 30, 2013 D rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
Who really wrote this? I would love to purchase more books by the authors. This was brilliant! It made me laugh, made me cry, and I just loved it. The quality of writing was better than many popular authors I have read. I actually did not realize it was fan fiction and the characters names were the same as the members of One Direction. The authors should change the names a little and get this published. Please write more, I love the writing style and the character development!
Marissa
I've been wanting to read this but I can't find it anywhere! Can someone please help! I've tried the larry library links and google but can't seem to find it! Help! Please!
Karen
Available for FREE on Smashwords!

I am not a fan of One Direction -- I wouldn't have even recognized the names to know that the characters in the book were named after a boy band -- and I think that is one of the things that made me able to appreciate this book on its own merits. I guess technically it's fanfic, but since I don't know these men, to me it read like great original fiction.

The book mainly follows Louis Tomlinson, a high school drama teacher in Manchester, England, through a year of
Amanda
O.k. so this 1D fanfic is like a full length novel. It's looong and gets a but slow at some points but I adored the entire book. The sex scenes make up for any lagging. The carwash scene? UNF. The french maid costume scene? BY FAR the hottest sex scene ever. UNF UNF.

Also, the POV's are a bit weird in the begining, and it switches between 2 MC's that are friends. Once I got into the groove of reading it I didn't stop.
Paige Campbell
It's probably the best book -especially as far as fanfic goes- and the writing is both beautiful and hilarious. You don't even have to like One Direction to absolutely fall in love with story. That's why it is a complete shame that it seems to be impossible to get your hand on an actual book copy of it. I would re-read it in a heartbeat. So if anyone has a link to buy an actual book copy of it let me know!. xx
Melissa
probably the best book I've ever read. even considering that it's a fanfiction, it's better than most of the published books I've read before. Absolutely amazing. you don't even have to be a fan of one direction to like it; the characters are real, funny, and genuine. They have real flaws and real personalities. Well written and very worth the read.
Colleen
In my opinion, the Bible of Larry shippers, just above Room 317. The talent of the two writers is utterly astounding as These Inconvenient Fireworks is a humorous, touching, and emotional AU. There's no flaw in its many pages. Highly recommend it to anyone who loves Harry/Louis and the band as a whole.
Thalia
This is truly the most beautifully written fanfic I have ever read. This fanfic has correct grammar, chapters are a perfect length- not to long not to short- has an advance vocabulary and a breathtaking story plot. It has a little bit of everything, with humor, romance, and drama. Bringing all the characters from One Direction makes it that much more exciting. The author sticks to all of the boys true personalities. It has both joy plus heartbreak. You don't need to be a Larry nor a Ziam shipper ...more
Brenda Sarahi
Quienes me conozcan sabran que sigo a 1D desde el 2011 y aprendi a amar a esos chicos en contra de mi voluntad y por el 2012 empece a creer que dos de los miembros eran pareja. Ahora estoy bastante segura de que lo son y no creo que nada me haga cambiar de opinión.

Asi que cuando lei TIF ya tenia una larga lista de fanfics leidos pero ningun fanfic habia sido mejor que este.
Y hace poco que lo volví a leer mantengo mi opinion, es uno de los mejores fanfics de 1D que existe.

Les recomiendo mucho le
Serina
I have to say I am a fan of the band but have never read any fan fiction at all. Reading this was a whole other experience for me and I enjoyed every minute of it. I would definitely read this over again. I know there is alot of drama between fans and their opinions with 'Larry Stylinson' but it doesn't matter because this was very beautifully written. Also, I read this online so where could I get a copy of this book?
Rina
so yeah ive read this months ago when it was still on the livejournal and this was beautiful, and funny and just.. read it. You don't even have to be a fan to enjoy it, its that awesome.
Preston
The immature, faux-literary tripe is beneath amateurish. It actually is childish rubbish.
Magaly Montecillo
I'm going to read this but where can you buyt this book
Katie(babs)
1D fan fiction. Enough said.
hah
don;t talk to me
Andrea
[ESP] / [ENG]

La madre de todos los Larry fics. Algo que simplemente todo el fandom tiene que leer.
Tiene muy bonita escritura y está lleno de hermosos sentimientos, tantos que a veces no pude dejar de llorar o estar molesta o reír. El único motivo por el que no le doy un 5 es porque ciertos puntos se me hicieron largos y de cierta forma irrelevantes, aparte de eso, creo que es excelente.

/ / /

The mother of all Larry fics. Something all the fandom must read.
It has a beautiful writing and it's full
Jordyn Allyson
I want to read this!

So many of my friends who also enjoy Larry Stylinson have recommended this book to me, but I can never find where to read it. I hope I do because I've read a teaser and it's very well written and the characters are followed strongly how they are in real life.
J. Vaughn
Cute but I had trouble with the present tense--don't think I can put up with it for 600+ pages. I've set it aside for now on page 40. Did not realize it was a fan-fic until I checked it out on Goodreads. This is well written, and if your a fan who also likes M/M, I'm sure it's well worth the read.
Kate Beeden
Imagine 1D slash fanfic crossed with New Girl/Friends and you'll pretty much have These Inconvenient Fireworks. Loved it. The only downside for me were that it had obviously been written by an American who had some slips in terms of British life and lingo, but overall, fab.
Karina Gutiérrez
a great book with a great story. it makes you laugh, cry and feel all kinds of emotions but it is not for everyone. if you don't like reading about gay couples then this is not for you.
Olive
This was such a great book!!!!!! One of the best fan fictions I have ever read!
Mai
What the hell did I just read? how come this is a fanfiction? I have to admit I've never read fanfictions before and I didn't consider doing so but this is something else, this is somw beautifully written story with a huge plot and fun parts and a lot of fluff and gayness! but it's weirdly awesome and readable I'd read this again for sure.
Tanisha
this is amazing
Melissajayne
this is unlike any fanfiction I have read, it is absolutely amazing and it just leaves you on edge like are they going to get together? or aren't they?
I love that!
I especially love that it is an alternate universe and they aren't famous, I love reading stories like that.
I especially love the pairing as it is Larry and I think that they are just adorable throughout the entire thing.
I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys fanfiction or is a Larry shipper
queenofbooks
I loved it so much :) Brilliant!
CB
My first fan-fiction story. Admittedly, it took me a while to get over the names were from One Direction but the story had nothing to do with the band (thank god!). The story was very entertaining - a coming of age type story about falling in love and friendships, with some great sex scenes. It was in turns funny and angsty.
Geeta Sharma
I WANT TO OWN THIS, I DONT CARE IF IT'S FAN FIC IT IS GR8
Gracelyn Gemma
you have no idea how bad i want to read this... Im going to buy it from amazon for a xmas gift to myself and im super exited to get it! isnt this the first fanfiction published? just wondering
  • Three Traders (Falls Chance Ranch #2)
  • Heartstrings
  • Pull Me Under
  • No Homo
  • DILF
  • Sixty Five Hours: The Twelve Days of Christmas (Sixty Five Hours, #1.5)
  • BTW I Love You
  • Carnalli Crisis (Carnalli Brothers, #1.5)
  • D.N.A.: Double Helix
  • Rorschach Blots
  • Ty's Obsession (Whispering Pines Ranch, #3)
  • Nothing's Missing Now
  • Snowflakes and Embers
  • An Adventure In Beginnings
  • Open Tackle
  • Deep in the Count
  • Domination (Deviations, #2)
  • Quarterback Sneak

“You had all of me that I knew how to give. And if you would ever have me again, I would give you all the rest” 7 likes