Start by marking “The Underground” as Want to Read:
The Underground

Read Book* *Different edition

The Underground

Life as alpha of a werewolf pack is anything but predictable. But even Parker Berenson is surprised by the latest twist: he’s fallen in love with a space alien. Problem is, he suspects Melera, his sexy new flame, might be the serial killer terrorizing Seattle. Or maybe she isn’t. After all, just because she’s an interstellar assassin doesn’t mean she’s guilty.

Others aren’
Published January 9th 2013 by Blackrose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Underground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Underground

Melissa
Disclaimer: I received this book through the Goodreads First Readers program.

Parker Berenson has recently defeated the old alpha of Seattle's werewolf clan, assuming the title and all its responsibilities. If running the clan wasn't enough, he also has to deal with the local Master vampire, Kurt, and his former lover, Garrett, a powerful witch. "Complecated" doesn't even begin to describe their relationship.

In the world Bland lays out for us, Earth is populated with humans and exotics (in slang-
Krissie
Mar 10, 2013 Krissie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
First I just want to say how much I loved this book. It's not something I would normaly read, so I was completely shocked when I started reading. The reason I loved this book is very simple: it was well written with a great plot and characters.

If you love vampires, witches, ware wolves, and all that stuff you have to run out and buy this book!!!! Its not for children or young readers. And yes that means there are some parts that make it impossible to put it down.

I recieved this book through go
Carole-Ann
Apr 17, 2015 Carole-Ann rated it did not like it
Shelves: pnr-stuff, abandoned
I'm going to have to abandon this one having read about a third of it. What promised to be a lively, different, paranormal book left me rather puzzled with my lack of investment in the characters.

Parker, a werewolf alpha and leader of the Seattle pack, struck me as completely ineffectual in that he dithered in making decisions; got angry at being questioned about his actions or non-actions; did not appear to have any control (or even seeming control) over his pack; and IMO did not deserve the re
Kennedy Borman
Disclaimer: I received this book as a Goodreads giveaway.
For me, this book is very complicated. There were parts that I really enjoyed and others that made me want to altogether stop reading it. In my opinion, the entirety of this novel is one big hodgepodge of random characters and erotic imagery. Yes, there is quite a lot of sex in this book. Maybe a little too much. The way in which it was portrayed was strange, to say the least. The plot itself left many unanswered questions. It would begin
Sandi Widner
Mar 22, 2013 Sandi Widner rated it really liked it
4 out of 5 stars for "The Underground" by Roxanne Bland

Life as alpha of a werewolf pack is anything but predictable. But even Parker Berenson is surprised by the latest twist: he’s fallen in love with a space alien. Problem is, he suspects Melera, his sexy new flame, might be the serial killer terrorizing Seattle. Or maybe she isn't. After all, just because she’s an interstellar assassin doesn't mean she’s guilty. Others aren't so sure. Seattle’s vampire Master Kurt and the powerful mage Garrett
Daniela
Jun 05, 2013 Daniela rated it it was ok
I won this book as a result of the Goodreads First Readers Contest. I was quite excited to find out how the author would combine two of my favourite genres.
I am now finished and still a little confused by the book. The characters were great - I like characters that have faults along with abilities. However there were times in the story that I felt as if I had missed whole chapters. There were leaps in the storyline that I wished had been better explained. There were more than enough chapters an
Nora
Jun 18, 2013 Nora rated it did not like it
I received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads and I must say, I'm disappointed.

Sure, the plot sounds...a bit weird. But I was hoping that this might be in favour of the book, making it different and interesting. Sadly it wasn't and it didn't.

I spend the first 150 pages getting to know (and hate!) the characters while desperately waiting for the real plot to begin...then I gave up.
I couldn't identify with any of the characters and I disliked most of them after some time.

I'm not sayin
Bec
Jul 14, 2013 Bec rated it it was ok
Shelves: bookrooster
The Underground was the weirdest book I have ever read. The mature content tag is definitely warranted. There were all sorts of zots: vampires, warewolfs (and other wares such as rats and panthers), witches, elves (to a lesser extent), and alien and a demon. Half of the book seemed to be some kind of graphic sex scene between one zot and another or multiple zots.

Based on the novel description I was expecting a lot more with Melera and Parker trying to prove Melera’s innocence in the murders. Th
Erika
Got the book from Goodreads First Reads.

It was...different. An alien--and every supernatural creature you can imagine--dealing with a turf war in Seattle. Could have used some more editing. I think the summary gave a bit too much away if you were supposed to care more about Garrett betraying Parker. It also felt like the author wanted to shove everything she knew about into one novel. The four main voices was okay, since they all had different stories, and the uthie's and Pinkie's spotlights hel
Dalene
May 28, 2014 Dalene rated it liked it
Shelves: need-to-review
I enjoyed this story, it was quite different. There were times I was feeling that there was a lot missing with the background for the characters. For the most part the characters were well developed, there were some characters needing more development and background. The world building was mediocre, some of the world building could have been done better. With some time, this story could be made even better. I like it, but although I wanted to, I didn't love it. I won this book from Goodreads ...more
Peter Fleming
Aug 13, 2013 Peter Fleming rated it did not like it
It was not my usual type of story, but sorry to say I really got confused with this book. I had a hard time linking the story together. I wanted to like it, but...... :(
Martine
Jul 27, 2013 Martine rated it did not like it
Unfortunately, I did not enjoy this book. There is simply too much going on at once and it took a long time to figure out where the story was going.
Ahawes91
Apr 24, 2013 Ahawes91 rated it liked it
I was really excited to read this book, and even more excited that I won it in one of the first reads giveaways in goodreads in February, but I still haven't received my copy.
Mommaluc4
Mommaluc4 rated it really liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Rachel Marie
Rachel Marie rated it liked it
May 16, 2013
Roxanne Bland
Jun 28, 2016 Roxanne Bland rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Helen Peter
Helen Peter rated it it was ok
May 31, 2013
Nandae LI
Nandae LI rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2013
Smile Grief
Smile Grief rated it it was amazing
Feb 07, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Hazel
Hazel rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2013
Corinne
Corinne rated it it was ok
May 14, 2013
Kayla
Kayla rated it really liked it
Oct 16, 2013
Ashley
Ashley rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2013
Samantha
Samantha rated it did not like it
Mar 05, 2013
Sheree Gregory
Sheree Gregory rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Roy Wano
Roy Wano rated it it was amazing
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Rachael
Rachael marked it as to-read
Michael Neu
Michael Neu marked it as to-read
Kim McHughes
Kim McHughes marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Sheelah
Sheelah marked it as to-read
Karen Gonyea
Karen Gonyea marked it as to-read
Michelle St. James
Michelle St. James marked it as to-read
Abby
Abby marked it as to-read
mindy
mindy marked it as to-read
Sandy
Sandy marked it as to-read
Darlene Howard
Darlene Howard marked it as to-read
Peter Giorno
Peter Giorno marked it as to-read
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Wendy
Wendy marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Karen Voitik
Karen Voitik marked it as to-read
Joel Voth
Joel Voth marked it as to-read
Irene Menge
Irene Menge marked it as to-read
Frank Martorana
Frank Martorana marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Laurie Bolanos
Laurie Bolanos marked it as to-read
Shelly
Shelly marked it as to-read
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Erik Little
Erik Little marked it as to-read
Melinda
Melinda marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2013
  • Otherworldly (Protocol, #1)
  • A Chance to Win: Boyhood, Baseball, and the Struggle for Redemption in the Inner City
  • The Ghosting of Gods
  • The Locus Awards: Thirty Years of the Best in Science Fiction and Fantasy
  • Moonglow (The Darkborn Legacy, #1)
  • Hunted
  • Human for a Day
  • When the Devil Doesn't Show (Gil Montoya Mystery #3)
  • I Kissed a Dog (Werewolves of the West, #1)
  • Human Tales
  • Jane
  • The Conscious Entrepreneur: A Guide to Maximizing Your Potential for Success, Freedom, and Happiness
  • Requiem for Blood
  • Companion for the Apprentice Wizard
  • Humor From Behind the Walls and Other Nonsense
  • Shadow Embraced (Haven, #1)
  • At War In The Willows
  • MetaWars: Battle Of The Immortal (MetaWars 3.0)
Roxanne Bland grew up in Washington, D.C., where she discovered strange and wonderful new worlds through her local libraries and bookstores. These and other life experiences have convinced her that reality is highly overrated.
More about Roxanne Bland...

“Reality is highly overrated.” 4 likes