Jenny

Jenny

4.8 of 5 stars 4.80  ·  rating details  ·  5 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Jenny is the tale of an eight year old girl who has a secret... she is not an average eight year old. In fact, Jenny is a Werewolf hunting eight year old...

While staring out of the window one night, Little Jenny got the most awful fright, she was sure that she saw, from the corner of her eye, a great big hairy, scary guy.
With claws and fangs, and eyes that glowed red, ‘It...more
Paperback
Published January 24th 2013 by My Little Big Town

Anne
The final book of the Tiny Twisted Tales trio is Jenny. Jenny is no ordinary little girl, she's a werewolf hunting eight-year-old and nothing really scares her. Jenny doesn't like pink, or fluffy, or dolls. She is happiest when she is in the most frightening of situations, where other children would cry and scream.

Each one of the Tiny Twisted Tales are wonderfully produced. Calvin Innes has such an imagination, just perfect for small children who really enjoy reading about yuk and slime and all...more
Becky
I can see why my 9 year old daughter enjoyed reading this scary Twisted Tale, she can relate to the heroine Jenny: "She doesn't wear dresses, or have long flowing curls". Instead she is an 8 year old werewolf hunter!

With its short snappy rhymes and quirky illustrations this is a quick read for an accomplished reader or an undaunting book for more reluctant ones. It's the longest in the Twisted Tales series but the 79 pages don't include that many words.

A slightly scary but not really frightenin...more
Cheryl M-M
What amused me most about Jenny was her evil looking grins and smirks. I am guessing it is because she reminds me of myself at that age. My 7yr old son however was much more fascinated by the fact Jenny can get away with hunting werewolves at night. 'Doesn't she have school in the morning?' he asked. (note he didn't find it at all bizarre that she hunts monsters)
Reading age 7plus or advanced reader. The rhymes are written in a way that invites the reader to sound out the words to get the pace r...more
Calvin
Mar 31, 2013 Calvin rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Stuart The Bug Eating Man Pale Henry The Monster Book of Numbers The Monster Book of Colours Commander Recyclone: Power Level Critical