Start by marking “Dangerous Flames (Mafia Hearts, #1)” as Want to Read:
Dangerous Flames (Mafia Hearts, #1)

Dangerous Flames (Mafia Hearts #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Back from spending her teen years in Italy, Gabrielle Medini wants answer to the hard questions. She quickly learns that the Mafia still has a hand in controlling society and her father is the Don of the largest mob organization in the area. When a hit order is taken out on her father and one of his members will be doing the killing, Gabi’s mother demands Gabi’s disappeara ...more
Published July 9th 2013 by Wendy Ely Books (first published July 8th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Dangerous Flames, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dangerous Flames

Micky
I was given a copy of this book by the author in return for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book, although it was slightly out of my usual choice. Gabi is the daughter of a Mafia Don, but she is pretty out of the loop with regards to ''the business". Mik works for the Don as a hitman. Mik and Gabi were close as kids and then young teens but Gabi was sent abroad abruptly at 15 and they lost touch. The story twists between the relationship of Gabi and Mik and the threat of a hit on her Father. If
Leeanne
I first would like to say. I really enjoyed this book, it was a good fast read and had well-developed characters. I really felt for Mik and Gabi. Why they couldn't be together as well as them fighting for their love. There was good action that involved everyone and suspense. I think the author hit this one right on the head. Honestly my only complaint is I would have like it alittle longer.

I received a copy in return for an honest review.

And it was a pleasure. Loved it!
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
**Read as Part of the Shades Of Desire: 10 Sweet & Spicy Romances box set.**

~ 2 Dangerous Stars ~

Dangerous Flames is book one in the Mafia Hearts series by Wendy Ely. I am not a big contemporary reader manly; because they just don’t take me away from real life as easily as paranormal, fantasy, or sci-fi reads.

Dangerous Flames did not work for me, but does have several 4-5 star reviews, so people did enjoy it, just not me. I on the other hand should have DNF it, but something kept me re
Ruby Savage
Dangerous Flames

**Review By Ruby From The Nerd Girl Page**

*This Book Was Given To Me In Exchange For An Honest Review*

Dangerous Flames is a fast paced totally addictive story set (mostly) in Las Vegas. Gabrielle Medini has been well protected from the family business through out her life for good reason. Her father is Enrico Medini – a Mafia Boss. His world is a dangerous one but Gabrielle is still determined to have a part in it. She soon discovers that life inside the Mafia is never boring. As
Carolyn Hughey
I'm totally fascinated by Mafia stories because it's hard to believe these bad people actually found a way to avoid jail for as long as some did. When this book was first announced on Facebook, I rushed over to download it ready to hunker down for a visit with the mob. Dangerous Flames pulled me in from the first page and kept me in suspense as I tried to figure out which of the bad guys wanted Gabi's father dead. Obviously, all of them, but singling out the right one was difficult--just the way ...more
This book was a very entertaining, fast, thrilling read. I loved the characters, and the plot of the story. The characters had depth, and the way the author wrote you could feel their emotions!

This book truly is a wonderful mafia love story. It shows not on the glamorous parts of the mafia, but the downside to the mafia lifestyle well!

The love story in this book is wonderful! I love how the author goes into detail about their childhood attraction, to now in their adult years!

There is many surpri
Amanda Miller /A Bookaholic's Fix: Feeding the Addiction
Ah... A tale of hidden/forbidden love. Well, that's my main impression. Gabi has hidden her feelings from Mik because she fears he doesn't feel the same. They were once close friends but being sent away to school in Europe when she was 15 prevented her from finding out if they could be more. Mik, well, he has his own reasons for keeping his feelings secret and it has everything to do with the warning he received from the girl's father- head of the Family his father works for.

This one has a littl
Ana Torres
I love this book. It was an awesome read of mafia romance that really lives up to the title "Dangerous Flame".This was an amazing read of Gabi and Mik love that is worth fighting for .

I received this book for my honest review. Was well worth the read. 5 stars!!!
Dorel
This is the 3rd book I read by Wendy Ely. The storyline was good. I more enjoyed Gabi & Mik interactions in the story. I'm not big on the mafia parts of the story. I'm really starting to like Ms. Ely's books & I can't wait to purchase some more books by her.
Allyson
I love Wendy Ely's books and this is no exception. Dangerous Flames is full of passion, suspense and Romance. The suspense keeps you on the edge of you seat leaving you dying to find out more.

Dangerous Flames is about Gabrielle, whose father, Enrico, is head of a Mafia family. Enrico had spent Gabrielle' s entire life keeping her away in order to protect her. Gabrielle was strong, caring, loving but almost naive at what being in mafia really consisted of.

Mikolas, whom was the son of Enrico's rig
Isabella
This is my second book I’ve read by Wendy Ely, so I was excited to read “Dangerous Flames”. It began quickly and almost immediately, the story had me in suspense. Whether I was hoping for Gabrielle’s safe escape to her father’s cabin (along with the person she brings with her…no spoilers ), and for her and Mikolas to get together, I was on the edge of my seat.

I liked all the characters, especially Gabi, and thought the book ended as it should have. My only concern was that I would have liked to
Lisa  Marie
I liked this one. Some foul language but other than that, a good story.
Catherine Wolffe
A fast paced tale of how life as a mafia princess can ruin a perfectly good love affair. Great details in the lifestyle along with the dangers of being a mafia member. Loved the tension between these two and look forward to more from Ms. Ely!
Nadine
Nadine added it
Jun 08, 2015
Mom23greatboys
Mom23greatboys marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
Angi
Angi marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Mandy
Mandy added it
Feb 15, 2015
Mia
Mia marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Mami Njamanka
Mami Njamanka marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Red Iza
Red Iza marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Cassie Polla
Cassie Polla marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Francelis Perez
Francelis Perez marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Free Romance Book...: Free for Honest Reviews 14 96 Sep 09, 2013 11:54AM
Indie-Licious: Romantic suspense novel needs reviews 1 5 Aug 13, 2013 05:59AM
Win a Copy of this book! 1 2 Jul 10, 2013 08:47AM
Q&A with Wend...: Coming soon! 1 4 Feb 06, 2013 04:38AM
  • Devin's Second Chance (Morning Lake, #1)
  • When You Loved Me
  • Mixing Business With Pleasure (Love Conquers All #2)
  • Decision to Love (Sacred Vows, book 3)
  • Dang Near Dead (Aggie Mundeen Mystery #2)
  • Letters from Lizzie
  • For Cam (Chicago Syndicate, #4)
  • As the World Ends
  • Clear Spring (Florida Springs Trilogy #3)
  • In A Pickle (Annie Pickel Series, #1)
  • Filthy Marcellos: Antony (Filthy Marcellos, 0.5)
  • Grandmaster's Legacy (Erotic Historical Suspense, Box Set)
  • Bad Vibes (The Edge of Texas #3)
  • Fortune's Deadly Descent
  • Glimpse of Sunlight (Jonathan Dickinson Odyssey, #1)
  • A Very Shitake Christmas (Shitake Mystery #1.5)
  • Heat Flash
  • Savage Longings (Savage, #5)
Wendy has always been fascinated by romance. She began her first romance novel when she was just thirteen-years-old. It certainly wasn't anything great but sparked the passion for writing romance novels. When she’s not writing, she's usually busy taking care of her two children in Phoenix, Arizona. Wendy keeps busy with her small business and going to college. During her free time, Wendy enjoys tr ...more
More about Wendy Ely...
Passionate Kisses Boxed Set Jesse's Brother Confessions (Desert Secrets, #1) Midnight Secrets (Desert Secret, #2) A Final Kiss

“I missed out on a big part of your life, Gabi. You look absolutely beautiful in this picture. I have to tell you something before I lose my nerve.” He turned. “I’ve loved-”
The .22 glistened underneath the florescent lighting.”
1 likes
“I put fear into the eyes of a member of the Mafia. I’m doing well, she thought, now keep him scared.” 1 likes