Start by marking “Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2)” as Want to Read:
Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2)

Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird #2)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  7,661 Ratings  ·  1,513 Reviews
Ever since she used the Firebird, her parents' invention, to cross into alternate dimensions, Marguerite has caught the attention of enemies who will do anything to force her into helping them dominate the multiverse—even hurting the people she loves. She resists until her boyfriend, Paul, is attacked and his consciousness scattered across multiple dimensions.

Marguerite h
Published November 3rd 2015 by Harper Teen

To ask other readers questions about Ten Thousand Skies Above You, please sign up.

Aimie Epic Reads did an article about the lead designer, Alison Klapthor.

Hope that answers your question :)
Gil Gc 1905 EpicReads is going to reveal them this Wednesday!!!!!! (February 4th 2015)
The Heir by Kiera CassWinter by Marissa MeyerTen Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia GrayRed Queen by Victoria AveyardQueen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Most Beautiful YA Covers of 2015
3rd out of 389 books — 1,541 voters
Red Queen by Victoria AveyardWinter by Marissa MeyerTen Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia GraySix of Crows by Leigh BardugoUprooted by Naomi Novik
Best Covers of 2015
3rd out of 308 books — 627 voters

More lists with this book...

Hailey (HaileyInBookland)
Nov 09, 2015 Hailey (HaileyInBookland) marked it as to-read
Shelves: scifi
DO YOU SEE THIS COVER
LOOK AT IT
LOOK
AT
IT
I COULD CRY OMG

description
Melissa
Feb 04, 2015 Melissa marked it as to-read

I haven't even read the first book yet, but OH MY GOD! THAT COVER!! *heart eyes*
Sandra
Feb 04, 2015 Sandra marked it as to-read
WHOEVER DESGINED THESE COVERS DESERVES AN AWARD.

*dies because perfection*
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
NOOOOOO WHAT!!!!!!!!! NEED NEXT BOOK
Brittney ~ Her Bookish Things
*Full Review Update*
Good gravy, this series.

If you thought the first one was a wild ride full of twists and turns and EMOTIONS, just wait.

*SPOILERS FOR BOOK 1 & MILD SPOILERS FOR BOOK 2*

We jump right back in with Marguerite and the aftermath of the first book- everyone coming to terms with what really happened and all the new revelations.... and the consequences. Theo is now suffering the physical repercussions from the drug that *evil* Theo put in his body. Paul, being the kind soul that
Simona Bartolotta
PRE-READING: Not surprisingly, I didn't resist and began it right after finishing the first. Never said I was good at resisting books.
But please, can I have more sciency craziness this time? (Thank you Nina for the wonderful expression).
---
“I want you when it’s crazy, when it’s frightening, when it’s impossible, because there’s nothing within you that could hurt me half as much as not having you.”

Now, people. Do you know me as a sentimental person? Do you know me as the type of reviewer who woul
Juliet-Camille
This second book was everything I needed it to be.

After the first book I wasn't sure where Gray would take the series next but I think she did a fabulous job.

And that ending

description

(view spoiler)
Cait • A Page with a View
WHERE DOES CLAUDIA GRAY COME UP WITH THIS STUFF. This is such a creative story and I am so emotionally invested by this point!

It's like part sci-fi, part historical romance, part contemporary, part war/mafia stuff, and... just this awesome fantasy book that never gets dull! I'll admit it took me a bit to get through the first 50+ pages when it kept summarizing the previous book. I started it before Christmas but didn't finish for another month. But the story as a whole really does avoid any sec
Sophie
I received an Advance Reader Copy from the publisher. This in no way impacted on my view.

This book was one I was not expecting to be able to read before publication. One day, I was browsing Twitter and noticed the Harper 360 account. Being the cheeky person I am, I asked if there was any way to receive a review copy; imagine my surprise when one comes in the post a few days later. I've been wanting to read this book since I got it in July, but my TBR hasn't let me. Even so, I devoured this 400+
Elise (On The Bookshelves)
On The Bookshelves Full Review

“Ten thousand skies, and a million worlds,and it still wouldn’t be enough for me to share with you. Nothing less than forever will do.”

Ten Thousand Skies Above You is the sequel in the Firebird trilogy and is as equally, if not more, adventurous and exciting than the first as Marguerite travels through alternate universes to save the man she loves!

Essentially, Ten Thousand Skies Above You is consistent with the storyline of the first book, but now they are just trav
Shannon (leaninglights)
Jan 01, 2016 Shannon (leaninglights) rated it really liked it
This book had what I was looking for. I am so happy the world-building was stronger and I got a better sense of how the Firebird technology worked. I missed Russia but I was happy to see our new dimensions! Some crazyyyy stuff went down and I liked the new aspects of each of our characters we saw. I wasn't the biggest fan of the direction the romance went in but I think it'll all work out in the end. I'd give this one 4.5 stars overall!
Caroline
Jan 02, 2016 Caroline rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
EUGH. I was originally going to give this two stars because despite everything, the concept is still quite clever and interesting. But you know what? Fuck this book. The first book wasn't great but I still really enjoyed it. I was excited to start the second book but things just went downhill from there and here is why...

The short version is that this book turned into a clusterfuck of YA tropes and it was just so so annoying. The long version might be a bit of a rant so brace yourselves (obvious
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
4.5 Stars.
Loved it. Ohhh how I loved it

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

That ending! I think there might have been a hint of an even bigger bombshell within the storyline, wonder if anyone else picked up on it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ten Thousand Skies Above You picks up shortly where it's predecessor left off, with Marguerite now back in her own dimension and Theo suffering from the effects of Nightthief, a drug supplied by Wyatt to keep Theo's other self from being discovered in Marguerite's dimension. Paul is
Lauren
Nov 10, 2015 Lauren rated it it was amazing
Oh, holy shit. Holy fucking shit. Excuse my French, but that was even better than the first one. I just... Wow.

Okay. So Marguerite really just had a whole lot to deal with in this one and I can only imagine how hard that whole thing must have been for her, but damn.

I LOVED the different universes they traveled to in this book, each seemingly more intricate and more horrifying, yet not. I just... Ughhh this book was absolutely incredible.

I've always been someone who's ADORED the idea of there bei
Giselle (Book Nerd Canada)
Mar 27, 2015 Giselle (Book Nerd Canada) marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015
I'd buy this just for the cover..It's like a work of art
WL
A spectacular sequel! Never would I've imagine that things can become so much more thrilling! The plot definitely expanded a great deal and I am impressed. Travelling between alternate worlds with not the slightest clue what to expect, doing whatever it takes to save lives, uncovering shocking revelations, ties and conspiracies...how can this not be nerve-wrecking and adrenaline-pumping! Woahhh the various plot twists I didn't see coming and that freaking ending - its mind-blowing to say the ...more
Jen
Nov 01, 2015 Jen added it
Really enjoyed this - I think even more than the first installment. This book looks at exactly what bothered me in the first -- the idea of a romance between two people in multiple different dimensions in which they're quite different people every time. The book uses an interesting blend of science (the multiverse) and more fanciful concepts like destiny (the idea that even with a multiverse, certain people are drawn to one another.)

What I really enjoyed about this book was the way it used the w
Polly
Dec 12, 2015 Polly rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

I loved it, this was such a good sequel! There was so much development from the characters and from the plot. I can't get over how much I love the concept and the story of this book.

The different dimensions are written so well and are so imaginative. I love when the characters jump from one to the other and we don't know what's coming, it builds so much excitement and anticipation. Honestly my favourite thing about this book.

Also SUCH A GOOD ENDING, so painfully good, I can't wait to fin
Giovanna
Feb 04, 2015 Giovanna marked it as to-read
Dear cover,
I was doubtful and didn't read A thousand pieces of you...well shame on me, now I'm sooo going to give it try. I'm shallow like that.
isabelle
Feb 05, 2015 isabelle marked it as to-read
Shelves: coverly-love
Hot. Damn. That. Cover.
Marcia
Bijna net zo spannend als boek 1! En het einde OMG - ik kan niet wachten op het vervolg. Maar ik moet wel zeggen dat Tienduizend hemels boven jou voor mij persoonlijk iets te veel liefdesdrama bevatten. Hopelijk staat boek drie wil vol van de actie!

Mijn complete recensie vind je op Oog op de Toekomst.
Sep 18, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
FOR MORE REVIEWS PLEASE VISIT >> P.S. I LOVE THAT BOOK!

I was very excited to read this one because the first book was so original and interesting! with all those dimensions and infinite possibilities to one's self. Unfortunately I had some issues with Ten Thousand Skies Above You... mainly the first half of the book. That's where all my complaints concentrate. Don't get me wrong! It is NOT a bad book but I do think it suffered a bit of "second book syndrome"... I hope the third book will b
Jeannette Nikolova
Aug 01, 2016 Jeannette Nikolova rated it liked it
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

*** 3.5 stars ***

I read the first book of this series last year: A Thousand Pieces of You. I admit, I was pleasantly surprised. Then coming to this second installment, I did not know how to feel. Yes, sure, the first book offered good grounds for a second one, but series often tend to disappoint. And proof to the fact is that I was disappointed by Ten Thousand Skies Above You.

The simplest explanation is that I just couldn't get into it. Something felt
Melissa
Jan 10, 2016 Melissa rated it it was amazing
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT WOULD END LIKE THIS!! I AM FURIOUS!! GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK NOW!!
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Apr 11, 2015 Jaime (Two Chicks on Books) rated it it was amazing
OMG!!!!!!!! Claudia I LOVED this! No sophomore slump here! This was as good if not better than the first book!

Ok where the heck do I start??? I freaking LOVED it!!! I really loved all the new multiverses especially two which I can't mention because of spoilers. I can't believe the twists Claudia threw in! Total shockers!! And still love Paul with all my heart!
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Oct 29, 2015 Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) rated it really liked it
Like a moth to the flame so goes me with books about time traveling, or in this case, dimension hoping. I am inexplicably drawn to them but unlike the moth, I seldom get burned from them.

And after loving A Thousand Pieces Of You I jumped right into Ten Thousand Skies without hesitation and once again was completely caught up in the world that Gray created.

With a slightly unique take on time travel, this once again, was a fun filled ride wrought with danger and surprises around every corner and
Krista Wright
Jan 30, 2016 Krista Wright rated it did not like it
Shelves: books-i-hate
I DNF'd this very early on, and I am so frustrated! Just like the first book, this cover is so stunning it makes me want to cry. Unlike the first book, I have absolutely nothing positive to say about this sequel. The writing is so sloppy and the time frame is all over the place. Within the first couple of chapters, there is so much info-dumping in order to catch the reader up in case they can't remember the first book. I literally just can't....A Thousand Pieces of You was one of my favorite ...more
CAM ♔
A great cover, with great characters, with a great plot! Nothing is more satisfying than these three combined and I thank Claudia Gray for it! It's so compelling and intensely written that it will break your heart, shatter it into pieces, then mend it, only to break it once more (Those who have already read the book, you know what I'm saying) So, if you haven't read it, ADD IT TO YOUR TBR FOR GOODNESS' SAKE!!

FAST FORWARD TO NOVEMBER 1 FOR THIS PLEASE!!! WHO'S WITH ME?!

Quotable Quotes
"Ours in not
Jen (The Starry-Eyed Revue)
An ARC of this title was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review. My thoughts are my own. This review can also be found at The Starry-Eyed Revue.

I often find myself saying that time travel/multiverse books are usually so hit-or-miss with me, but these days, that's just not true.Ten Thousand Skies Above Youwas a worthy sequel to last year'sA Thousand Pieces of You, and it's renewed my faith in the subgenre. This book asks some big questions and in a big way.

Not that these same
  • Their Fractured Light (Starbound, #3)
  • Tether (Many-Worlds, #2)
  • Polaris (Avalon, #2)
  • Resonance (Dissonance #2)
  • Of Dreams and Rust (Of Metal and Wishes, #2)
  • Until the Beginning (After the End, #2)
  • Conspiracy of Blood and Smoke (Prisoner of Night and Fog, #2)
  • Etherworld (Elusion, #2)
  • Twist (Loop, #2)
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked (The Dispossessed, #3)
  • Rebellion (The Elysium Chronicles, #3)
  • The Body Electric
  • The Immortal Heights (The Elemental Trilogy, #3)
  • Jubilee Manor (Landry Park, #2)
  • Unleashed (Uninvited, #2)
  • Willowgrove (Hemlock, #3)
  • The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen, #2)
  • Forged (Taken, #3)
1192311
Claudia Gray is not my real name. I didn't choose a pseudonym because my real name is unpleasant (it isn't), because I'd always dreamed of calling myself this (I haven't) or even because I'm hiding from the remnants of that international diamond-smuggling cartel I smashed in 2003 (Interpol has taken care of them). In short, I took a pseudonym for no real reason whatsoever. Sometimes this is ...more
More about Claudia Gray...

Firebird (3 books)
  • A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)
  • A Million Worlds with You (Firebird, #3)

“Ten thousand skies, and a million worlds, and it still wouldn’t be enough for me to share with you. Nothing less than forever will do.” 36 likes
“The multiverse is infinite. So, yeah, we go through some terrible things together, and I’ve seen versions of you who are darker, and damaged, and I don’t care. I want you even when you’re broken. I want you no matter what. Your darkness, your anger, whatever it is you fear inside yourself—it doesn’t matter. I love you completely, don’t you see? I even want the worst of you because it’s still a part of you.” 30 likes