Start by marking “Zen Prayers For Repairing Your Life” as Want to Read:
Zen Prayers For Repairing Your Life

Zen Prayers For Repairing Your Life

Tai Sheridan's 'Zen Prayers' addresses what is unsettled within you and cultivates integrity and virtue. Zen prayer includes intimacy with the ground of Being, making yourself whole through honest self-reflection, clarifying your deepest spiritual intentions, wishing for the welfare of the world, and affirming the essential goodness of people and life.

Prayer can release yo
Published August 3rd 2012 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc. (first published July 11th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Zen Prayers For Repairing Your Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zen Prayers For Repairing Your Life

Jackie B. Forman
Apr 14, 2015 Jackie B. Forman rated it it was ok
Shelves: religious
I read this book, in all honesty, because I was doing a Spell-Out Challenge for a Group. I am trying to read more Buddhist literature to learn more about the spiritual connections David has and why they are important to him. However, I felt like this didn't teach me much of anything. I feel like it would be good for someone who is focusing on meditation, and not on understanding. Perhaps I can take some of these prayers with me into meditation going forward? Who knows.
What I do know is that I fi
Brandi San Agustin
Sep 11, 2014 Brandi San Agustin rated it it was amazing
Deep thoughts great for meditating

The writings in this book are easy to read, deep in spiritual belief for togetherness and great to meditate on. I read one or a few and then meditated on the writing and found peace and learned a little more about selflessness. I saved this book and will go back to it as a part of my practice. Highly recommended.
Will
Jan 21, 2015 Will rated it did not like it
What is the sound of one windbag deflating?

This has nothing to do with zen. Hogwash, mumbo jumbo, detritus. I wasn't looking for much, but I was looking at least for something. You might as well just repeat "I think I can, I think I can" ad infinitum. Bam. You got yourself a zen prayer.
Lee Snellman
I've read this one at least three times through, sometimes just selected parts. I can't stress how much it has helped me when I feel stressed and down! When I have trouble sleeping, usually because my brain just won't shut up, I read a poem or five from this one, and I calm down. I love it so much!
Mario MJ Perron
Apr 16, 2016 Mario MJ Perron rated it really liked it
This is not for everyone. It is personal in that it will speak to each reader differently. However, if you are at an open point in your personal journey to inner peace and are getting more curious about Zen Buddhism, then read these lovely prayers.
Renée
Jan 01, 2014 Renée rated it it was amazing
Not just for reparations

Nice collection and perfect for meditations. Simple stanzas that were easy to internalize while still having profound applications. Will be kept close for easy reference.
Lena
Aug 04, 2015 Lena rated it it was amazing
Great to have and carry with you!

Great to have and carry with you! Wonderful prayers for many occasions. I recommend this book to anyone in search of spirituality.
James C. Eanes
Well done

I enjoyed quite a few of these prayers. I will implement them in my daily prayers as early as tonight. Thank you!
Rosemary Daly
Jan 09, 2014 Rosemary Daly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous book of prayers and meditations. I loved it!!!! Will be going back to this book for reflection again and again!
Amy M
Jul 06, 2013 Amy M rated it it was amazing
This book has something for everyone, covering all aspects of life. I have made it part of my day, and part of my life's journey.
Janice
Dec 21, 2014 Janice rated it it was amazing
Quick prayers to aid in focusing

So many of these prayers revealed my own struggles and presented simple solutions to help improve, without judgement or ridiculous advice.
steve stehr
Feb 11, 2014 steve stehr rated it really liked it
Lovely

a simple collection of poems that get to the heart of many sources of discontent for us spirits experiencing the human condition- recommended (:
Jillian DeMarco
Mar 15, 2013 Jillian DeMarco rated it really liked it
to the point prayers (reminders, encouragements) for a better life. easy follow. some typos with duplicated lines, but that could have been my kindle's error?
Jd Benefield
Jd Benefield rated it really liked it
May 09, 2014
Ms Amanda Halliday
Ms Amanda Halliday rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Dennis Verrall
Dennis Verrall rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2014
Katlyn C Watroba
Katlyn C Watroba rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2013
Fahnestocks
Fahnestocks rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2014
Jacqueline M Chinnery
Jacqueline M Chinnery rated it really liked it
May 13, 2015
Jay Shumate
Jay Shumate rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Karilee Thompson
Karilee Thompson rated it liked it
Oct 19, 2014
R. Michael
R. Michael rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Jason Lawrence
Jason Lawrence rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Lottee Omallee
Lottee Omallee rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2015
Jay Eff
Jay Eff rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2016
Luna Araruna
Luna Araruna rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Abner Huertas
Abner Huertas rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2014
Rodolfo Gutierrez
Rodolfo Gutierrez rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2014
Jeanne Maribel
Jeanne Maribel rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2016
Nerisa  Eugenia Waterman
Nerisa Eugenia Waterman rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Modern Buddhism: The Path of Compassion and Wisdom - (Volume 3 Prayers for Daily Practice)
  • Zen and the Art of Falling in Love
  • The Art of Zen Meditation
  • The Zen Experience
  • An easy guide to meditation
  • Dream (Aisling, #2)
  • That Is That: Essays About True Nature
  • The Book of Talismans, Amulets and Zodiacal Gems
  • Oath Breaker (Oath Breaker, #1)
  • The Accidental Buddhist: Mindfulness, Enlightenment, and Sitting Still, American Style
  • The Force of Kindness: Change Your Life with Love & Compassion
  • Keys to the Spirit World: An Easy To Use Handbook for Contacting Your Spirit Guides
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • Captive Girl
  • 21 Days of Faith Challenge
  • Buddha's Book of Stress Reduction: Finding Serenity and Peace with Mindfulness Meditation
  • Sweeping Changes:  Discovering the Joy of Zen in Everyday Tasks
  • Your True Home: The Everyday Wisdom of Thich Nhat Hanh: 365 days of practical, powerful teachings from the beloved Zen teacher

“I am ready to release myself from thinking that love can be found outside of myself and that my own heart is empty” 2 likes
“Prayer for Embodiment I open myself to loving my body as the miracle of my own life and as the ground of my integrity and spiritual life   I am ready to delight in all of my bodily senses as a means of connecting to nature and humanity   I am ready to care for and nourish my body so it is vital and of benefit to all life   I am ready to rid myself of all shame and guilt that i have accumulated about my appearance and my body   I open myself to loving my body as the miracle of my own life and as the ground of my integrity and spiritual life” 0 likes