Start by marking “First Thing I See” as Want to Read:
First Thing I See

Read Book

First Thing I See

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,337 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
Life changed for me in three days - the day my mother died, the day my dad married Candice and the day I met Kennedy Jenner.

Published January 4th 2013

To ask other readers questions about First Thing I See, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about First Thing I See

The Law of Attraction by N.M. SilberNight Owl by M. PierceDearest Clementine by Lex MartinBreaking Dragon by Jordan MarieOut of the Box Regifted by Jennifer Theriot
Best New Author - Adult Romance
46th out of 422 books — 899 voters
Under a Painted Sky by Jenna RoadsThrough the Ever Night by Veronica RossiProdigy by Marie LuShades of Earth by Beth RevisSky Blue by Julie Cassar
Best books of January, 2013
25th out of 145 books — 473 voters

More lists with this book...

Sbyrd
Aug 16, 2015 Sbyrd rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
2.5

I liked it and I didn't. I think the romance between Hope and Kennedy was sweet but I felt I didn't get enough time to know them as well as I was hoping to. Her Dad really pissed me off because he couldn't see that his wife was hurting his daughter. I mean he is supposed to be a good judge of character but it didn't show and to me the wife didn't get what she had coming to her. The best friend was brought up so much it annoyed me. I mean Hope went on about how beautiful she was and how men wa
Nicole
Apr 19, 2013 Nicole rated it liked it
There were things about this book I really liked:
-the premise is irresistible to me.. Damaged rich hot guy, sweet girl beautiful on the inside and not knowing how pretty she is on the inside.. Over done and predictable, I know, but I'm a sucker..
What I didn't like:
-the character development was awful and inconsistent. Who they were presented as and who they were throughout the book were completely different. And I don't mean in a 'growing, and maturing and evolving as a person' kind of way.. Ju
Jillian (NetGalley Addict)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Hope has recently moved to New York and started her dream job as an event planner at a five start hotel. On her first day of training she meets Kennedy Jenner, a wealthy business man who is staying at the hotel. They start an intense relationship complicated by her insecurities, his past demons and the thousand miles in between Chicago and New York. I was a little bit annoyed at the female main character when the book first started;
Jessy (Jessy's Book Club)
[Read more reviews at http://jessysbookclub.wordpress.com/]

I was excited to start this one. It sounded very Fifty Shades of Grey to me and the whole idea of ‘Sex, secrets and dominance, with a little love story in between’ was one I couldn’t resist.

Let’s start with a bit of a synopsis. Hope has not always been considered pretty. She loses some pounds, styles up and moves from her small town to start a new job at one of the plushiest Hotels in New York. On her first day of training she meets Kenn
Martini Boualaphanh
Sep 04, 2013 Martini Boualaphanh rated it liked it
Very easy and short book. Hope transformed herself to be this sophisticated person and moved out of Oregon to the Big Apple and meets Kennedy, a handsome, wealthy gentleman, who sweeps her off her feet.
Cocktails and Books
Mar 12, 2013 Cocktails and Books rated it really liked it
Shelves: cnb-reviewers
A perfect blend of romance, sex and reality, this book was beautiful, sweet, and real. Hope lands her dream job in a plush New York hotel. It’s here, on her first day, that she runs in to Kennedy, a wealthy man who knows exactly what he wants. When they meet, there’s an instant attraction that can be felt as you read the words on the page, and their whirlwind romance begins.

The characters that the author created for this story shared a chemistry that felt real. Hope was insecure, sweet and ambit
Lisa Borbeck
May 27, 2013 Lisa Borbeck rated it really liked it
This book is Fifty Shades of Grey meets Cinderella. Please, don’t misunderstand me. This isn’t just an x-rated fairy tale and Kennedy Jenner is no Prince Charming. Hope York moves from Chicago to New York to not only distance herself from her mean as a junk yard dog Step-Mother Candace, but to essentially change who she is. Years of verbal abuse at the hands of Candace has convinced Hope that she is ugly and worthless so she decides to transform herself both inside and out. On her very first day ...more
Michelle
Jul 19, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
A great read, little drama and little angst. Made a relaxing read for a Sunday after finishing a few intense reads. My first experience with Vi Keeland was with Belong To You by Vi Keeland, and I loved it. First Thing I See was no different. I fell into the ease of the story quickly.

Hope York has left her home in Oregon for New York. Leaving behind an image of herself that had very little self-confidence due to harsh words from her step-mother, she is starting over in a new place where she can be the woman she wants to b
Ana  Ramírez
Dec 18, 2015 Ana Ramírez rated it liked it
2.5

Es bueno, no es el super libro pero se pasa un buen rato con él.

Lo que más me gustó, sinceramente fue Hope, me pareció bastante real, con todo y sus inseguridades y su lucha por tratar de superarlas.

Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
Yep I really liked this book. Kennedy was a great alpha male, not overly dominant but enough to be forceful enough and get what he wants. Hope's character was written well. The book was written well that you could easily understand why they were both like they were because of their own pasts. A dislikable step mum, a loving Dad and a sex mad best friend lol. A whole cast of colourful characters. A good mix of romance, trauma, sex and slight tension.
Liz Lawson
I so loved Mr Kennedy Jenner; His sexy seduction lines for Hope made me weak. Good sexy story with angst and buckets of seduction. Mr Jenner, Come and get me!!! More books like this please Vi. One of my favourite quotes from Kennedy to Hope when she called him Mr Jenner "although I like the thought of you calling me Mr Jenner when you are underneath me in the bedroom, I think Kennedy is more appropriate at the moment, don,t you?"
Janey
Feb 20, 2013 Janey rated it it was ok
I struggled with this book..the concept was appealing but the book just didn't deliver.

Lack of chemistry between the characters, their communication appeared basic & the sex scenes were very tepid!
Joanne
Jun 12, 2013 Joanne rated it did not like it
Disappointing! I have just read a generic FSOG! Will this FSOG concept ever go away! I am so sick of it. I enjoyed this authors others books but this was a disappointment definitely!
Joanne
Rosemary
Feb 04, 2014 Rosemary rated it liked it
This book was ok for me. I've read books by this author that I've really enjoyed, but this one just fell flat. First of all, we only read of two physical encounters between Kennedy and Hope before they have sex. The author says that they have been texting and calling each other every day, but there is no written dialogue to give us a sense of their attraction to each other. Therefore, I could not really feel their chemistry for each other. A few times, I felt like there was an error of which nam ...more
J
Feb 12, 2013 J rated it it was amazing
This was great!
Loved every word.

Loved loved loved Kennedy, give me some more of him any day.

Didn't want it to end!
Ubon Inthongxay
Nov 05, 2013 Ubon Inthongxay rated it really liked it
Fun short story, what's there not to like? The guys drink Hennessy in this book!
Lyra
Jan 31, 2015 Lyra rated it liked it
Meh.
Priyanka
May 29, 2014 Priyanka rated it liked it
3.5 stars...

The plot was good. But it wasn't really a great one. Very much predictable. The writing was ok.

But the author could have been more descriptive and elaborate. Like... she could have mentioned her father's marriage in the beginning itself. Something about her history to let us readers get to know more about her.

Their dialogues was written as if they are having a discussion about business.

"I want to make you cum"- Kennedy

"Ok" - Hope.

I felt half of the dialogues was just like this. She
BooksandBeyondFiftyShades
Mar 05, 2014 BooksandBeyondFiftyShades rated it it was amazing
Vi Keeland
Life changed for me in three days the day my mother died, the day my dad married Candice and the day I met Kennedy Jenner.

From the moment I saw him, I was drawn to him. Like a moth to a flame, I couldn't keep away from the irresistible heat of the fire. That knowing, confident smile...those beautiful pale blue eyes...and those dimples....simply delicious. Who could resist such a beautiful strong man?

If you like a touch of 50 Shades, this might suit you. Not overly obsessive. Not ove
Karen McNl
Feb 11, 2014 Karen McNl rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-alpha-male
This was a great book. What I loved was that the hero didn't sit about thinking about his feelings for long when he knew he loved the heroine he didn't freak out and run away he jus went for it. The heroine was also great she wasn't crying all the time and if she meet an old lover of the hero she didn't get in a bad mood and cry about it she just got over, that's What I loved
Paolaaa
Jul 12, 2015 Paolaaa rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
SO freaking beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I adored it!!!! I want for of Hope and Kennedy!! Beautiful couple!!! I really loved it!!! Perfect!! <3 <3 she was so sweet and he was so sexy ...they were perfect for each other!
Rincón de Lectura
Jan 01, 2016 Rincón de Lectura rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015
-La historia me pareció corta, como muy rápida… aunque me espere que terminara asi, me gusto este libro…fue relajante.

-La historia me gustó, no es nada super complicado, al contrario es sencilla, ligera y se pasa bien leyéndola. Hope me gustó bastante, se me hizo bastante real por sus inseguridades y su lucha constante por vencer sus miedos.

-Es un libro muy ligero y tranquilo, y lo disfruté mucho!!! Ambos tienen un pasado que tienen que enfrentar y al final resultó ser no tan malo, pero juntos
Karen
I really liked it, but the characters weren't fleshed out enough. Loved the story line and liked the characters, but I didn't feel that invested in them. I would recommend reading First Thing I See. Especially if you just finished reading something really heavy and emotional. It is a good light read.
Chilli
Jun 30, 2013 Chilli rated it liked it
No angst, no drama, ok maybe a little. Ok on the steam factor. I wanted to like the H/h but just couldn't fall in love or lust with them or their story. Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, just not great! One positive ..... NO CLIFFHANGER!
Sam
Mar 08, 2013 Sam rated it liked it
Did anyone else feel like pages were missing at the end? Loved the story.. well developed characters and good story line but the ending was so abrupt..i literally thought i was missing pages .. hope it pucks up where they left off?!
Holly
Feb 03, 2013 Holly rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Excited to find a new author that grabs my attention so quickly and makes me not want to put the book down. Fantastic steamy sex with a great love story. A must read!
Christine
Mar 30, 2013 Christine rated it really liked it
Loveddddd this!!!! I love this author!!!!! I need more! Please write more books Vi!!! :) anyway, to the point, the book is great! Make your heart soar!! ( and your panties wet....)
Liz
Jan 28, 2013 Liz rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Loved this book, loved the story line.. Aww Kennedy Jenner, my new book boyfriend!!
Kaylia
Jul 18, 2013 Kaylia rated it really liked it
I though the book was good the only problem was that it was a little bit too short!
Paulanne
Mar 27, 2013 Paulanne rated it it was amazing
couldnt put it down, loved it!! thanks so much Vi Keeland :-)
Anything else by this author? 3 58 Mar 03, 2013 03:51PM
  • Winner Takes All (Winner Takes All, #1-5)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Release
  • Picture Perfect
  • Naughty (Rock Me, #2)
  • Haze
  • Exclusive Access (Rock Arrangement, #3; The Lonely Kings, #1.3)
  • Witness Protection (The Witness, #1)
  • Rock Hard Love (Rock Hard, #1)
  • The Berkeley Method (Spotlight, #2)
  • Blackmailed Into Bed (Louisiana Liaisons, #2)
  • Deceived - Part 3 Chloe's Revenge (Deceived, #3)
  • Break Me Slowly (Shattered, #1)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Revenge, Volume 4 (Revenge, #4)
  • Never Let Go
  • Talania - A Trip down Memory Lane (Lost Love, #1)
Join Vi’s mailing list and read Chapter 1 of Beat here bit.ly/1ykgbwp
Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to
More about Vi Keeland...

“Candace doesn't have to worry about me being busy in my world without you, because you are my world.” 3 likes