Start by marking “Damaged (Damaged, #1)” as Want to Read:

~NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL & USA TODAY BESTSELLER~
~The #1 bestselling Amazon KDP & CS Indie Book of 2013~
A New Adult Romance Novel

P
Published April 7th 2013 by Laree Bailey Press (first published April 1st 2013)

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Sam and Dean are walking towards us.

Stacia thinks : yay!
What really happened : noooo!

That was wrong. It was a bad, bad tease. I'll never be able to look at Sam and Dean the same way again. Bad, bad book!

2.5 stars. Actually, the book itself wasn't all bad. I found it to be an easy read and decent enough to pass the time.

That said, the book itself wasn't great either. I'm a sucker for student-teacher stories. This was not one of the stronger ones I've read. There was a lot of the dreaded "tell
Glass
Buddy read with Zemira<3
Review posted on Way Too Hot Books

Damn you sexy cover... I've made the same mistake. Again.

Damaged is first book by H.M. Ward I've read, but I thought about reading her novels for a while now. Then something perfect happened - my girl Zemira from YA Fanatic asked me to buddy read Damaged with her. I was all: "You want to read with me? Hot cover? Forbidden romance? Smexy scenes? Hell, yes!!!"
And than I started reading...

Usually in our group Zemira is the one with n
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
YES!!! According to H.M. Ward, this book will come out all at once!! No novellas, no cutting the story in pieces. FULL LENGTH NOVEL!!!

HAPPY DANCE!
Photobucket
Michelle
5 Damaged Stars.

Holy shit did I love this book. I want to marry this book and have it's fictional babies. I laughed my ass off at most of it, got tense, completely stilled with sexual tension and I got angry. Like stab you in the eye angry.

There is one particular scene at 68% to 74% that was just brilliantly written.

At first

Then shit got real.

To take you from a fit of laughter, like crazy - my husband is looking at me like I need a nice new white jacket with lots of straps - crazy; to dead quie
Nicole Tetrev
I recieved an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Sydney had my attention from the start I felt her embarrassment during the incident, I could not imagine that happening to me in front of a hunk of man like Peter.

And then moments later we are feeling her panic,

while we are still guessing about the horrible thing that could hav happened to her to cause such a strong reaction. And talk about some RED HOT action

photo tumblr_lpyw71JcYv1qh7487o1_r2_500_zps98c0e308.gif

Hot and heavy until an interruption, then all of a sudden Peter says he
Jucilene
BAM!
Oh no!! The guy I almost had sex yesterday is my new teacher because the old teacher DIEEEEEEED... so convenient! Must to be the heat!

BAM! BAM!

Oh, no! We can't be together, and now, we have to pretend we never met before for keep the appearances!!

AAAAH!!!

Aww! He is so damaged pun with the title!! So am I! And we want so much to be in the each other pants because is the best way to forget about our dark problems!

Such a unresolved and angsty situation!

He will lose his job and I my position in
Becky Nicklus
**ARC provided by author for an honest review**

For additional reviews please visit http://realitybites-letsgetlost.blogs...

3.5 Stars
 photo image_zps933ade36.jpg
First things first. I was pretty upset when I got to the end of this book. It was presented to me as being a full length novel. I took that to mean I would be getting the WHOLE story in one sitting. Nope, not the case. This book ends on a cliffhanger. Let me talk about that for a minute. While i am not a fan of cliff hangers, I am up front about that, it does not de
Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Principessa*
OMG OMG OMG!!! I thought I new how this book was going to play out and boy was I wrong!!! I am so in love with Peter, he is like the best book boyfriend ever. Peter and Sidney are two tortured souls with a difficult past. The stuff Sidney had to go through and the reaction from the people closest to her was just heartbreaking. And Peter story is just as horrible, but he manages to stay sweet and caring which is just amazing. He was so patient and just plain there for Sidney through everything. I ...more
H.M. Ward
Mar 19, 2013 H.M. Ward rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
Description's up.
Didi
** 4 HEART-WRENCHING STARS!!**

" I'LL DO ANYTHING FOR YOU, BE ANYTHING YOU NEED. I JUST DON'T WANT TO LET YOU GO. "

Beautiful, angsty romance between a professor and his TA! I LOVE IT!! What is it about the forbidden professor that makes my toes curl??!! If you are into that as much as I am, then this is right up your ally!

As anyone familiar with H.M Ward's books knows, she can write angst like no other. Every nuance of emotion is captured and wrung till all you tears are drained. She lets us feel
Katie(babs)
When the author misspells the heroine's name not once, but twice in the first 5 pages, that's a WTF right here. We have it as Sydney twice off the bat and then it goes to Sidney.

H.M. Ward, you are better than this. Very sad.
Anne OK
2.5 to 3.0 "Just So-So" Stars

Another of those forbidden love between teacher and student scandal tropes set on a college campus. You know the ones where there’s a young college coed who has run away from a horrible past and a gorgeous well-built man is waiting to sweep her off her feet and solve all her problems. Both are “damaged” and carry bad baggage along for the ride. Well, this story carries on in that same tradition. A little more rerun action with a few of its own unique qualities using
Nicole
This book is such a tease, and not a good one at that. If you're into the cover, feast your eyes and be done with it. Damaged doesn't undress its would-be hot professor any farther throughout the story and unfortunately, the characters and the novel as a whole are far less developed than those gorgeous abs on the cover. At least it was short.

Also, as someone who spends most of her time partner dancing.... I suspect the author put very little (if any) effort into researching swing dance, rather
L.J. Anderson
Holy Squirrel Attack, Batman!
I really did not like this book very much. The characters and their reactions and dialogue felt unrealistic and childish. Peter wasn't too bad, but Sydney's story was hard to read. I'm no angstwuss, it was just that her story was so over the top.
It was like the author read all the most popular new adult books and borrowed plot points from each of them.
I really didn't want to read this whole book, but I kept expecting it to get better and it just didn't.
Alex is The Romance Fox
This is the first book I read by this author and after reading some many rave reviews about Damaged, I was really looking forward to opening Page 1 – naturally having ogled the cover!!!!!! – seriously, it’s a great cover, which makes it even more exciting as you think about the story you are going to lose yourself into….the lives of Peter and Sydney..or is it Sidney!!!!!

I tried to find something in this story that I could love – like so many readers have - but I have to be honest and say that I
Kirsty
I'd say this was more *3.5 stars* but I'll round it up to 4.

This book was good enough and I did enjoy it but there was nothing about it that blew me away. It is a book about forbidden love - teacher/student romance. I've read a few books in this category that have been great and yes, this one was good, but nothing about it stood out from the rest. I wanted more.

Sidney's life sucks. She moved away from Texas to start a new life where she didn't know anyone and nobody knew her. She's had a horribl
╰☆╮ LovesToRead ╰☆╮
As an avid reader, I have specific things I look for in a book that make it a good or solid read for me.

First, I need to have strong characters that all bring something to the table, whether negative or positive. A great backstory is a must for me because I feel that it helps the characters evolve along their journey and allow us to either like or dislike the pair or a specific character.

Secondly, it must not be drenched with contradiction and inconsistencies. That makes a book unbelievable an
Krissy
Meh. I am kind of getting tired of all these series that drag the same relationship through numerous books. I really prefer to read a series that each book is about a different character. I bought this book because it popped up as a recommendation based on what I bought previously. Got to say I was kind of disappointed. Since we were reading from the heroine's POV we weren't able to know much about what the hero was thinking and/or feeling. It was frustrating at times.

At first I couldn't put th
Wanderlust
Cover & title - 4 out of 5
Favorite Quote - “Being normal is overrated. Normal gets you what—the dolt husband with the 2.5 kids and the house with the dog? You seriously want that? I mean, one of those kids is going to be really funny looking, by the way, all cut in half like that. Who wants half a kid?”
Favorite character - Sydney

Okay, first thing.. i do not think the ending is a cliff hanger..
cliff·hang·er
/ˈklifˌhaNGər/
Noun
An ending to an episode of a serial drama that leaves the audience
Jessica Viteri
It has a mini cliffhanger but I won't bitch about it this time because Sidney and Peter were great together. You'll see what I mean.

Sidenote: this book has a scene in it where it plays out one of my biggest fears--falling off the treadmill.

P.S. I hope we get to see more of Mark as well.
Jacqueline
Dnf at 70%

Not my thing, I struggled to get that far, but the high ratings persuaded me to keep going. Endless descriptions of her inner despair (where there would be ice in her belly and going through her veins every frickin time) and misery that irritated me with the constant repetition, plus I felt zero chemistry and there was no sex whatsoever. None. Pah.

The beginning was promising (until the self pity took over), and usually student-teacher stories have that whole forbidden vibe giving that
 ✿Alyssa✿
This review was posted at Confessions of 2 Book Lovers

To sum it up: Life sucks. And, as soon as Sidney picks up the pieces something always knocks her back onto her butt. It's never pretty, but this time is different. This time pretty isn't even the right word.

Peter is the personification of perfection. It's like he fell off his angel perch in purgatory, because let's face it--any guy that hot has got to be naughty. He was probably sent here to ruin her life.

Peter is beyond beautiful with his se
Lariza
This story really surprised me. As I began to read it I wasn't really sure I was going to get into the story and like the characters. Sidney and Peter were both a bit annoying with the back and forth friendship/ more than friendship feelings and innuendos. Peter sent tons of mixed signals and that isn't cool, but that is typical male behavior. As the story progressed, I liked how Sidney was more open and revealed parts of herself to Peter as friends. It also made sense that both characters form ...more
S.E. Bolles
I don't want to give this 5 stars.... Nope not at all... I want to give it 5 shiny platinum stars!! Yes you heard me right... I bought this book based off the fact I love h.m ward and her writing style. However based on the synopse I didn't read it for a week because I knew it would have a cliff hanger. Now it's not a terrible one and other than unanswered questions its worth reading and than anticipating damaged 2.

So lets discuss people places and things lol

Peter: yummy dream worthy guy, very s
Liv
I have to admit I couldn't finish the book. It's something that barely ever happens since no matter how terrible I try to finish any book I start but this one was unbearable. The writing itself is a catastrophe. The choice of words and repetitiveness of phrases that are borderline slang are making it very hard to focus on the story itself. In a way it reminds me of a thirteen year old writing an essay, realising that using the same word every sentence might not be the best idea and the childish ...more
Cathy✰
3-3.5 Stars

I not sure If I really like this one or not. The story itself wasn't bad but really not to much happens and I found myself thinking and hoping I would be done soon, so for that reason I just can't give it more then 3 stars.

The story is told by Sid's POV only and I think I would have liked it more if I had some from Peter's POV. I don't know what will happen in the next book, I'm guessing more "drama" will come up becasue what happened in this book wasn't to much.

Really other than bo
Melis
Hayatım boyunca bu kadar iğrenç, özensiz, duygusuz bir çeviri okumadım. Hem kitaba hem verilen paraya hem de bize yazık ya!
Janey
I enjoyed the start to this series.

Sidney's first meeting with Peter is one of a misunderstanding, but without this knowledge, she flirts relentlessly with him.

Following an unexpected end to her blind date, she finds herself questioning her ability to ever have a normal relationship again. This is then heightened by the reveal that her blue eyed angel from last night is her new teacher.

Lines blur and baggage gets unloaded...and these guys sure have some!

Looking forward to the next chapter in Pet
Sadie
I just did not see what everyone was raving about. It was okay. Not a bad premise with Peter (not new, but worth a try, right?)

But the heat was all telling. And honestly, insta-lust-then-makes-a-move from a girl who doesn't want to be touched or anything?

Also, if you're writing a cliffhanger or a serial, you darn well better tell me. Getting to "the end" of the book and being like WTH where's the end will never win me over. Ever.

Warn your readers.
Victoria
Oct 13, 2014 Victoria is currently reading it
Trying to figure out the reading order of H.W Ward books and the innerconnecting story lines is ridiculous! Finally someone has listed the reading order of all the books in Ward's series (LINK BELOW). Now that I have the order and several of the books are available through Kindle Unlimited, I'm "thinking" of diving in.

H.M. Ward's Hot N...: Damaged 11 138 Feb 13, 2014 05:19AM
H.M. Ward's Hot N...: Damaged 1 6 Dec 30, 2013 05:52PM
Books Like This 17 274 Oct 28, 2013 12:04AM
Loved it 5 55 Jul 06, 2013 12:12PM
Lending a book 2 56 May 02, 2013 09:41AM
  • Secrets (Secrets, #1)
  • Restore Me (Wrecked, #2)
  • Broken at Love (Whitman University, #1)
  • Ruining You (Ruining, #2)
  • Documentary (Documentary, #1)
  • Beautifully Damaged (Beautifully Damaged, #1)
  • Good (Too Good, #1)
  • Conquer Your Love (Surrender Your Love, #2)
  • Scornfully Yours (Torn, #1)
  • Beautifully Revealed (Beautifully #2)
  • Promise Me Darkness (Promise Me, #1)
  • Break Me Slowly (Shattered, #1)
  • Relentless (Shattered Hearts, #2)
  • Ruined (Ruined, #1)
  • Get Bent (Hard Rock Roots, #2)
  • Fear of Falling (Fearless, #1)
  • Nets and Lies
  • Translation of Love (Of Love, #1)
H.M. Ward is a NEW YORK TIMES bestselling New Adult author, having sold over 5 million books since her debut in 2011.

This NEW YORK TIMES, WALL STREET JOURNAL, USA TODAY, and Amazon #1 bestselling writer's series include: THE FERRO FAMILY: DAMAGED, THE ARRANGEMENT, and STRIPPED; as well as SCANDALOUS, TRYSTAN SCOTT, and SECRETS. Ward was recently featured in FORBES, the WALL STREET JOURNAL, and th
More about H.M. Ward...

Damaged (2 books)
  • Damaged 2 (Damaged, #2)
Damaged 2 (Damaged, #2) The Arrangement: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #1) The Arrangement 2: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #2) The Arrangement 3: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #3) The Arrangement 4: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #4)

“Being normal is overrated. Normal gets you what—the dolt husband with the 2.5 kids and the house with the dog? You seriously want that? I mean, one of those kids is going to be really funny looking, by the way, all cut in half like that. Who wants half a kid?” 32 likes
“I think things that i shouldn't.I dream things that i shouldn't.I want things that i shouldn't and it's all because of one thing-- I do care about you.” 32 likes