Start by marking “Be Still” as Want to Read:
Be Still

G. Sheldon Martin

Be Still

Audio CD
Published (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Be Still, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be Still

Jessica
Dec 01, 2016 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing book! It's packed with doctrine designed to battle anxiety and negative thinking. What person hasn't dealt with that at some point in their lives?

I took tons of notes while listening to this, but here are a few highlights so I don't spoil the whole thing:

1. If the worth of an object depends on how much someone is willing to pay, think about what the Savior was willing to pay for you. Don't base your self-worth on external sources.

2. When you meet someone, assume they're going thr
Ashley
Oct 28, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, lds
Wow, it took me longer than it should have to read this book. I ate it up these last couple of weeks. I give this book HUGE 5 golden stars. It is absolutely perfect for someone who deals with anxiety everyday in different ways. I'll be doing a full review soon!
Tiffany Wacaser
Jan 04, 2016 Tiffany Wacaser rated it really liked it
Excellent book that identifies thoughts and then patterns of behavior that lead to stres, unhappiness, and unproductive anxiety. The author gives concrete ways to challenge those thoughts. Each principle is illustrated with scriptural passages and discussion. I have quite a few people in mind to read and benefit from this book.
Cathi
Nov 21, 2013 Cathi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this little book and will most likely read snippets from it again and again. Nothing in it is earth-shattering or new; it's just full of common, basic gospel wisdom and truth. It's very down-to-earth, yet full of some great, profound thoughts, and I appreciated it (and needed it) at the time. Like I said, I'm sure I'll go back to this book from time to time.
Jennifer Jensen
Feb 12, 2013 Jennifer Jensen rated it it was amazing
This is a great, down-to-earth book with very useful suggestions on how to correct some of our incorrect thought processes. Yes, it's intended to reduce anxiety, but I think anyone could benefit from his suggestions. Who wouldn't like to lessen the stress in their lives....? These suggestions and gospel principals are tried and true and presented in an easy to read, useful format.
Denise
Mar 25, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
I have heard him speak at BYU Education Week and picked up the book on CD to listen to. Many of his points are worth thinking about, and it was good to review the information from the classes I heard a few years ago.
Tara
Aug 21, 2016 Tara rated it it was amazing
Excellent short book that really brings to light ways to manage anxiety from a spiritual perspective. It's not unrealistic or overwhelming, so I found it very beneficial.
Ashlee
Jan 26, 2013 Ashlee rated it really liked it
Some great insight on dealing with anxiety, with the help of the gospel. Just what I needed to hear.
Amanda
Amanda rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2016
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2013
Danielle
Danielle rated it really liked it
Sep 20, 2015
Shawna
Shawna rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2016
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2014
Ashlee Anderson
Ashlee Anderson rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2013
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2013
Kelly Philpott
Kelly Philpott rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Laura rated it really liked it
Sep 13, 2013
L.E. Kinzie
L.E. Kinzie rated it really liked it
May 16, 2014
Mindy
Mindy rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2013
Elicia
Elicia rated it it was amazing
Nov 06, 2013
Tracie
Tracie rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Colin Negus
May 29, 2013 Colin Negus rated it it was amazing
Fantastic read!
Suzan
Aug 01, 2013 Suzan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, religion
This book was short but contained a lot of good thoughts and counsel.
Michele Everett
Michele Everett rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2015
Andrea Wilkinson
Andrea Wilkinson rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2016
Becca Christiansen
Becca Christiansen rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
May 13, 2014
Chris
Sep 15, 2013 Chris rated it really liked it
Such good advice and incites to anxiety, its causes, and how to overcome it.
Jake Howlett
Jake Howlett rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Apr 09, 2013