Start by marking “Skip Beat!, Vol. 11 ” as Want to Read:
Skip Beat!, Vol. 11

Skip Beat!, Vol. 11 (Skip Beat! #11)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  3,955 ratings  ·  36 reviews
There's trouble on the Tsukimori set, and surprisingly it's not Kyoko's fault. Ren is having difficulty acting the part of a love-struck suitor since he's never really been in love before. Stressed by his sudden acting impotence, Ren goes MIA. Kyoko is determined to help her friend, and joins forces with Ren's manager. But as Ren sees the two of them getting close, he real ...more
Published March 4th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published October 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Skip Beat!, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skip Beat!, Vol. 11

Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 6 by Aya NakaharaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 4 by Matsuri HinoFruits Basket, Vol. 19 by Natsuki Takaya悪魔とラブソング 4 by Miyoshi Tomori
Manga Released in 2008
58th out of 61 books — 6 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriYotsuba&!, Vol. 02 by Kiyohiko AzumaLibrary Wars by Kiiro YumiSkip Beat!, Vol. 01 by Yoshiki NakamuraNisekoi by Naoshi Komi
Hilarious Manga
76th out of 106 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Jul 23, 2012 Sara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sara by: My BFF
Shelves: manga, shoujo, humor
(Still not beyond the content covered in the LA but luckily...) I think the whole Tsukigomori/Dark Moon arc is verrrryyy good. Both Ren and Kyoko come to some important realizations during this arc and also make big strides towards improving their acting.
In this volume, Ren continues to struggle with his portrayal of Katsuki while Kyoko seeks to help him and Yashiro Yukihito seeks to push them together. kekeke (I'm on his team)

Ren returns to Bou's Couch for another therapy session.
More Therapy with Chicken
And... some
Ashley Chen
OMGGG REN IS HAVING TROUBLE! Yup it is because of the whole girl thing. I never really "fell" for anyone. WOOOOOWW! I drug are you taking, can I have some? I fall for guys like ever other minute! If I ever have more fictional boyfriends (which I will), I think I will drown in them. Okay yup, back to the story.

I love chicken Kyoko. First, it is funny, second, we get to see the other side of Ren. We seem to be able to discover Ren and have his character develop even more. The conversation might se
Anything that involves Ren is usually interesting. I know I've mentioned numerous times how good-looking and well-drawn he is but I can't help it, he really is. Finally, Ren admits indirectly to Kyoko the problems he has with acting as Katsumi and how he doesn't know what love is so he can't exactly portray that emotion in his acting. So it's up to Bo, the friendly chicken, to help Ren figure out what love is. And while doing that Ren discovers he has feelings for a certain high school student. ...more
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Kyoko to the rescue yet again! It's Ren's turn to struggle in acting. We discovered briefly in Volume 9 that Ren has never fallen for a girl. Therefore, he's unable to emotionally connect to the role of a starcrossed lover, a guy who shouldn't fall for a girl but can't help himself. Ren is paralyzed and walks off the set in defeat.

This theme does make me role my eyes a bit. It's such an overplayed role - unbelievably handsome, perfect guy has never fallen for anyone until he meets this plain, no
This was sort of a gloomy volume. Not much really happens so I hope the pace speeds up a bit in the next volume. I'm also really anticipating Sho's reaction to all this. His dynamic with Kyoko just makes me laugh so much, and I think that's what I like best about this manga series, Kyoko making me laugh. Hopefully there is more of that to come.
This was such a hilarious series! Kyoko was such a quirky character and was always doing stuff to get into trouble. I liked the transformation of her character throughout the series and how she found out that instead of having to rely on a boy she could make it on her own. There was a love triangle that I also enjoyed very much.
The ending!!!! I'm a devoted Ren's fan and THE ENDING! Gahhhh...can't wait to see more.
Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats)
Jul 30, 2015 Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Shojo Beat
This volume begins with volume 61: And the Trigger was Pulled.

The cover reflects the filming of Dark Moon, and Kyoko's character role of Mio. The stargazer Lilies were a nice touch to what could have been a dark cover.

The story...
Ren is dreaming of his and Kyoko's friendship during their childhood years. While Kyoko's memory is a little fuzzy, Ren's isn't and the more he remembers the more his acting is affected. Will he recover from this slump in time for the filming of Dark Moon to continue? R
Makes me feel like picking up acting again.
I just cannot get my hands on these fast enough. With a potential relationship blossoming and Sho's reactions, I'm super curious to find out where this goes, how the Tsukigomori drama plays out, and where things go after the show.
Eeeee!!!! The feelings! <3
Susan Treat
i love how yashiro is always plotting to have ren and kyoko get together. oh, and it eventually evolves into him even keeping tabs on her schedule (which if you recall ren's, it's truly amazing that he can add another to keep an eye on). bo is partically awesome in this one too, how can you now love a giant chicken trying to explain what love is? not possible or even conceivable to hate that scenario.
Kristine Pratt
The storyline bogs down a smidge as Ren struggles with his own role...and with his emotions. I find it interesting that he can talk to chickens....
Malakeh Karameh
This volume is about Rens troubles he's having difficult time in Tsukimori (Dark moon ) set .
Ren countinue to struggle with his portayal of Katsuki while Kyoko seeks to help hin and Yashiro seeks to push then together kekeke .
I'm looking forward to the next volume .
We continue the Tsukigomori arc as Kyoko has found her character, but Ren struggles with his. Still, an entertaining read with more amusing Bo moments. I'm curious to see what will happen when Ren finds out who's in the Bo costume.
*Miss Fame*
I actually really liked this volume. The drama is great! Ha! I'm a sucker for drama...

I'm actually excited to see what happens next!
You know, my favorite thing about this series is what Kyoko is thinking. And this time, we're treated to the ridiculous thoughts of Ren as well. Totally worth it. LOVED it.
Kadie D♥
Just finished, Kyoko is an amazing actress!
Ren is a bit stuck in the love part...
When will the relationship between both of them blossom?...., indeed very interesting!
Kyoko tries to help Ren out of his funk. This again requires her to dress up in the chicken outfit which is always funny. This should totally be a live action drama!
Amy Gideon
For my full series review on volumes 1-31 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
Gut, dass ich den 12. Band auch hier habe :O mit dem Ende hätte ich nicht lang leben können xD
My favorite manga series! Cute, witty, innocent, and downright hysterical. :)
Story: 5
Artwork: 5
Satisfaction: 5

In which Ren has problems playing Katsuki
Improving. I'm looking forward to the next book.
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 21 (Hana-Kimi, #21)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 5 (Beauty Pop, #5)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 (Ouran High School Host Club, #11)
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 8
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...

Skip Beat! (1 - 10 of 38 books)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 01
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 07
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 08
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 09
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 10

“Just by gazing upon her face...
No matter how weary you are,
you will feel happy,
deep inside your heart,
you will feel a warmth
This is a "piece of joy"
This is all the happiness you need.
Normally, we call this "love"...”