Skip Beat!, Vol. 11

Skip Beat!, Vol. 11 (Skip Beat! #11)

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  2,781 ratings  ·  27 reviews
There's trouble on the Tsukimori set, and surprisingly it's not Kyoko's fault. Ren is having difficulty acting the part of a love-struck suitor since he's never really been in love before. Stressed by his sudden acting impotence, Ren goes MIA. Kyoko is determined to help her friend, and joins forces with Ren's manager. But as Ren sees the two of them getting close, he real...more
Published March 4th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC

Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 10 by Bisco HatoriVampire Knight, Vol. 04 by Matsuri HinoLove*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 6 by Aya NakaharaFruits Basket, Volume 19 by Natsuki TakayaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 11 by Bisco Hatori
Manga Released in 2008
49th out of 97 books — 7 voters
Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 01 by Bisco HatoriMaid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraOtomen, Vol. 1 by Aya KannoChibi Vampire, Vol. 01 by Yuna KagesakiYotsuba&!, Vol. 02 by Kiyohiko Azuma
Funny Manga's
68th out of 106 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

Ashley Chen
OMGGG REN IS HAVING TROUBLE! Yup it is because of the whole girl thing. I never really "fell" for anyone. WOOOOOWW! I drug are you taking, can I have some? I fall for guys like ever other minute! If I ever have more fictional boyfriends (which I will), I think I will drown in them. Okay yup, back to the story.

I love chicken Kyoko. First, it is funny, second, we get to see the other side of Ren. We seem to be able to discover Ren and have his character develop even more. The conversation might se...more
Sara
Jul 23, 2012 Sara rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Sara by: My BFF
Shelves: manga, humor, shoujo
(Still not beyond the content covered in the LA but luckily...) I think the whole Tsukigomori/Dark Moon arc is verrrryyy good. Both Ren and Kyoko come to some important realizations during this arc and also make big strides towards improving their acting.
In this volume, Ren continues to struggle with his portrayal of Katsuki while Kyoko seeks to help him and Yashiro Yukihito seeks to push them together. kekeke (I'm on his team)

Ren returns to Bou's Couch for another therapy session.
More Therapy with Chicken
And... some...more
Sheila
Penny
I fell in love with this manga immediately.
It drew me in and kept me there. Sadly to say i have been reading it from the internet and hate to wait in between chapters.
I've also been watching it's anime and I've seen the first episode of the TV show extravagant challenge based on this manga.
But nothing beats the manga because it has all the extra details that are not shown elsewhere.

I'm writing this review for all of the volumes of Skip Beat because i tend to read them all together. I enjoy Ky...more
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Kyoko to the rescue yet again! It's Ren's turn to struggle in acting. We discovered briefly in Volume 9 that Ren has never fallen for a girl. Therefore, he's unable to emotionally connect to the role of a starcrossed lover, a guy who shouldn't fall for a girl but can't help himself. Ren is paralyzed and walks off the set in defeat.

This theme does make me role my eyes a bit. It's such an overplayed role - unbelievably handsome, perfect guy has never fallen for anyone until he meets this plain, no...more
Shuling
The ending!!!! I'm a devoted Ren's fan and THE ENDING! Gahhhh...can't wait to see more.
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
Nov 13, 2012 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Shojo Beat
Shelves: manga, 2009, reviewed
This volume begins with volume 61: And the Trigger was Pulled.

The cover reflects the filming of Dark Moon, and Kyoko's character role of Mio. The stargazer Lilies were a nice touch to what could have been a dark cover.

The story...
Ren is dreaming of his and Kyoko's friendship during their childhood years. While Kyoko's memory is a little fuzzy, Ren's isn't and the more he remembers the more his acting is affected. Will he recover from this slump in time for the filming of Dark Moon to continue? R...more
Amy
I just cannot get my hands on these fast enough. With a potential relationship blossoming and Sho's reactions, I'm super curious to find out where this goes, how the Tsukigomori drama plays out, and where things go after the show.
Susan Treat
GOOD BOOK LOVED IT
Starry
Starbubbles
i love how yashiro is always plotting to have ren and kyoko get together. oh, and it eventually evolves into him even keeping tabs on her schedule (which if you recall ren's, it's truly amazing that he can add another to keep an eye on). bo is partically awesome in this one too, how can you now love a giant chicken trying to explain what love is? not possible or even conceivable to hate that scenario.
Malakeh Karameh
This volume is about Rens troubles he's having difficult time in Tsukimori (Dark moon ) set .
Ren countinue to struggle with his portayal of Katsuki while Kyoko seeks to help hin and Yashiro seeks to push then together kekeke .
I'm looking forward to the next volume .
Jeffrey
We continue the Tsukigomori arc as Kyoko has found her character, but Ren struggles with his. Still, an entertaining read with more amusing Bo moments. I'm curious to see what will happen when Ren finds out who's in the Bo costume.
Selena
You know, my favorite thing about this series is what Kyoko is thinking. And this time, we're treated to the ridiculous thoughts of Ren as well. Totally worth it. LOVED it.
Kadie D♥
Just finished, Kyoko is an amazing actress!
Ren is a bit stuck in the love part...
When will the relationship between both of them blossom?...., indeed very interesting!
Dorcas
Kyoko tries to help Ren out of his funk. This again requires her to dress up in the chicken outfit which is always funny. This should totally be a live action drama!
Amy Gideon
For my full series review on volumes 1-31 please visit http://perksofbeinganotakuwallflower....
AnnaCooper
Gut, dass ich den 12. Band auch hier habe :O mit dem Ende hätte ich nicht lang leben können xD
Bethany
Shalene
My favorite manga series! Cute, witty, innocent, and downright hysterical. :)
Kristin
Story: 5
Artwork: 5
Satisfaction: 5

In which Ren has problems playing Katsuki
Morgan
Improving. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Kimber Jones
sweetest love but non love story ever
Mary
Kyoko cracks me up. Series is great.
Joyzi
Mar 29, 2011 Joyzi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of Shoujo
Recommended to Joyzi by: Recyl
I love it and I'm hooked.
Nadd
Loved it! <3<3<3
Starfiresky
Reread 5/25/2013
  • Hana-Kimi, Vol. 16 (Hana-Kimi, #16)
  • Beauty Pop, Vol. 9
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 11
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 14
Yoshiki Nakamura (仲村佳樹) is a Japanese mangaka. She was born June 17. Nakamura made her manga debut with "Yume de Auyori Suteki" in the manga magazine Hana to Yume in 1993.
More about Yoshiki Nakamura...
Skip Beat!, Vol. 01 Skip Beat!, Vol. 02 Skip Beat!, Vol. 12 (Skip Beat!, #12) Skip Beat!, Vol. 06 Skip Beat!, Vol. 21

“Just by gazing upon her face...
No matter how weary you are,
you will feel happy,
deep inside your heart,
you will feel a warmth
This is a "piece of joy"
This is all the happiness you need.
Normally, we call this "love"...”
29 likes